Highschool Sweethearts (Boyxb...

By Apahlen

14 year old Christopher Carrera moved to a new town with his family to live with his grandfather after the de... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Bonus Chapter: Valentine's Day
Sequel

Chapter 22

1.3K 51 15
By Apahlen

Chris P.OV.

I walked to the Walker's house on Saturday. I wonder what made Brian want to hang out with me all of a sudden. Is he finally going to tell me what happened? Probably not. It doesn't matter anyway. I'm just happy that he finally wants to talk to me again.

I arrived at the Walker's house and knocked on the door. The door opened and there stood Mckenzie, Seth's and Brian's six year old sister.

"Hi, McKenzie," I said.

"Seth's not here right now," she said.

"Actually, I'm here for Brian."

"Oh, yeah. He's here." She turned and yelled, "Brian, someone's here for you!"

I heard footsteps coming to the door and Brian smiled when he saw me. "Hey, Chris."

"Hey, Brian." I stepped into the house. "Is it just the three of us here now?"

"Yeah, Keegan plays football and he has a game today," Brian said.

"And why aren't you two there?" I asked.

"McKenzie's not feeling good and I'm babysitting her."

"Oh." I was hoping that Brian and I are going to be hanging out alone. "And you just ended up babysitting her, huh?"

"That and I don't like football."

"Oh. Okay then." I followed them into the living room. "So what are you guys doing now?"

"She's going to watch a movie," Brian said.

"What movie?"

"Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper," McKenzie said.

I groaned. When Mariah was young and it was her turn to pick a movie for family night, it's either a Barbie movie or an American Girl movie.

"Not a huge fan of those huh, Chris?" Brian asked.

"No."

"It's okay. You guys don't have to watch it with me," McKenzie said. She looked at the TV when the movie started.

"Some alone time for us then," Brian whispered to me. I grinned as he turned to McKenzie and said, "Chris and I are going upstairs to my room. Holler if you need anything, okay?"

"Uh-huh." Her eyes are glued to the screen.

Brian turned back to me and said, "Let's go upstairs, shall we?"

I nodded my head and followed him upstairs to his room. When I entered it, all I could see was two dressers, a bunk bed, a queen sized bed, a bookcase, and a poster of Steph Curry.

"So, what do you think?" Brian asked as he sat down on a bed.

"It's...smaller than I expected," I said. I walked over to his bookcase and checked the books out. "So which one of these are yours?"

"The ones by Louis L'Amour." He grabbed my arm and pulled me to his bed. I sat down on the edge of the bed as he leaned back against the headboard.

"So what made you decide that you wanted to hang out with me now?" I asked.

Brian took a deep breath. "I wanted to talk to you about...everything. I wanted to explain what happened during the weeks we weren't talking to each other."

"Okay."

He took another deep breath. "For the first couple of weeks, I was really, really pissed that I agreed we needed to spend some time apart. Whenever I see you, I want to go over and talk to you, but then these flashbacks happen and I just couldn't. I got more and more frustrated every day and I took it out on everything. And then one day, I kind of blew up at my mom and went over to one of my neighbor's house. You know who Ethel Wilcox is, do you?"

I shook my head no.

"Well, I went over to talk to her and she said I needed to talk to someone who knows how I feel. So I did that, and they said I needed to focus on the present and take some time to myself."

"And you did that too?" I asked.

"Yeah, I did those too. And I was doing fine for the last few weeks until..." He stopped when tears started to come out of his eyes.

"Until what?" I asked.

"Until I saw Gabriella push you into your locker."

I leaned over to him and wiped the tears away. He grabs me by my waist and brings me to him. I laid my head on his chest as he put his arms around me.

"I got so mad and the day I asked you if you wanted to hang out with me today, I punched a mirror in our bathroom."

"That would explain the bandage on your hand," I said.

"Yeah. And I had a talk with my mom about us and I want to get to know you, Chris. I really do. And my mom thinks that I should get to know you too, and maybe we should take things slow and see what happens."

"You really want to?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Of course I do, Chris. I've always wanted to ever since I saw you for the first time." He lifted me up higher so that I could face him. "I thought you were the most handsome boy I've ever seen."

I grinned. "Thanks, Brian."

"Can I ask you a question?" he asked.

"What is it?"

"What was your first thought when you saw me for the first time?"

I blushed when he asked me that. "Honestly?"

He nodded his head.

"I kinda thought you looked like someone."

"Who?" he asked.

I looked down before looking back up at him and said, "A young Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boys."

He laughed. "Yeah, I get that sometimes."

"Did your parents name you after him?" I asked.

"No. My parents told me dad had a friend named Brian who died when he was in high school."

"What did he die from?"

"Leukemia."

"Wow. I'm sorry."

"That's okay. My dad wanted to remember him, so they named me after him." He started to rub my arm. "So do you have feelings for me because I look like someone from the Backstreet Boys?"

"No. Maybe it's because you're very handsome and you have the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen."

"So it's not because he's your favorite member?"

"Oh, no. He's not my favorite."

"He's not." He looks really shocked. "Well, then who is?"

"It's Howie."

"Howie?" He raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I think he's really cute."

"Yeah, he sure is. You know who my mom's is? Nick."

"Really?"

"Yeah. My middle name is named after him."

I laughed and shook my head.

"How about *NSYNC?" Brian asked.

"Oh, come on, Brian."

"Just tell me."

I sighed. "Okay. It's Lance."

"Gee, I wonder why," Brian teased.

"It's not because he's also gay. I just thought he's handsome and sexy."

"Yeah, he totally is." He put one of his hands on my *NSYNC t-shirt and traced it over Lance.

"You know who your mother is?" I asked.

"I think it's Justin."

I scoffed. "Justin? Really?"

"That's what I said."

We both laughed after that. I think this is going very well.

Brian and I got to know each other for the next hour. I told him about St. Paul, my old friends and family. I've told him how I heard of *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys. When my parents would sometimes work late when I was younger, my brothers and sisters and I would spend the night at Natalia's house. My aunt Sofia used to play music from the 90's. I loved listening to pop music from the 90's, mostly *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

Brian then told me a few things about himself. I learned he likes to listen to old country music and likes western movies and books. When I jokingly asked him if he ever wanted to be a cowboy, he told me he did when he was a kid. He likes to garden and likes to work with kids.

I was shocked when I learned he had never seen The Mandalorian. He told me he lost faith in the Star Wars franchise ever since he saw the last three Star Wars movies. I told him it wasn't bad and he'll love it. He was unsure about it, so I grabbed my phone and opened the Disney Plus app and started to watch it with him. When Baby Yoda came onto the screen, I could hear Brian squeal. I smiled and put his head on my shoulder.

We were about to watch the third episode when I heard McKenzie yell, "Brian!"

Brian groaned and got off of his bed. I got off too and followed him downstairs. "What?" Brian said when we entered the living room.

"I'm hungry," she said.

"Okay. I'll make you some chicken noodle soup then." He turned to me. "Wanna help, Chris?"

I nodded my head and we both walked into the kitchen. He takes out a couple of the soup and puts them in the pan and sets it on the stove to heat it up.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Yeah, what is it?" He turns the heat on.

"How come you and Malcolm hate each other?"

He turns around. "Why'd you ask that?"

"I'm just asking."

He sighed. "The story is, we used to be friends."

"I'm sorry. What?" I refused to believe that a sweet boy like Brian would hang out with a jerk like Malcolm.

"Yeah. We used to be friends, but then in the ninth grade, something happened."

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, there was this girl who goes to Red Lake Falls named Cynthia who is Jarrod's and Austen's cousin and Malcolm really liked her. But then somehow, he found out she likes me better than him. And, before I tell you what happened after that, I should tell you that he's the first person I came out to."

"Okay."

"Anyways, he told the entire school and the football team that I was gay."

"Are you serious?" I knew that Malcolm could be an asshole, but I didn't know he would go this far. "Why would he do that?"

"Because he was hoping that if she finds out that I'm gay, she would like me less and him more."

"And I'm guessing it didn't work, huh?"

"No. When she found out that he's the one who outed me, she got really pissed at him. And then he blamed me for the whole thing."

"Okay, it's not the girl's fault that you're way hotter than he is," I said.

He laughed. "Yeah, I know."

"So, did you get back at him?"

He gives me an evil grin. "Yeah, I did."

"What did you do?"

He walked over to me and whispered into my ear, "I fucked his brother."

I looked up at him in shock. "You slept with Tanner?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah, he walked in on us with him on top of me."

"Wow." I'm kind of upset that he lost his virginity to another guy.

"Are you okay, Chris?" Brian asked.

"Uh, yeah. I just can't believe you did that."

"Jealous?" He puts his hands on my waist.

"No," I lied.

"Really? Cause it sounds like you are." He started to rub my waist with his hands.

"No I'm not. I'm just shocked that you back at him by sleeping with someone instead of..." I moaned when he put his hands under my shirt.

"I think you're lying, Chris," he said. "I can tell."

I looked up at him, both of our eyes locked together as he continued to rub my body. I tried to look away, but I can't—his eyes are taking me in. I licked my lips and started to tilt my head. He tilted his head too and closed his eyes. My breath started to shudder and I closed my eyes as his face cane closer to mine. We were about to kiss until—

"Brian!"

Brian quickly pulled away from me. "What!" he yelled.

"Is the soup done yet?" Mckenzie asked.

He went over to the stove and checked the soup. "Yeah. I'm just going to put the soup into a bowl." He turned to me. "Want some?"

I nodded my head.

He took three bowls out of the cabinet and put the soup in them. He gives one of the bowls to me. "Let's put another movie on for McKenzie, shall we?"

I nodded my head again. He grabbed the spoons from a drawer and I followed him into the living room.

♥️♥️♥️

Feel free to comment if you like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4M 378K 41
Quiet and anxious, Myles is a bundle of nerves entering his sophomore year of high school after being homeschooled for years. With his supportive, ol...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
546K 8.9K 15
Luke has been head over heels for his brother's best friend for longer than he can even remember, but he's never had the courage to do anything about...
775K 43K 47
*COMPLETED* During his AP Biology class, Alan is presented with an unexpected request: a talking bullfrog is desperately asking him for a kiss. To hi...