when we were soulmates | Tewk...

By luvlezlie

Mid 1800's, a young lady falls in love with their enemies son. The universe forcing them to fall out of love... More

characters
Chapter One - heartless
Chapter Two - skilamalink
Chapter Three - basilwether
Chapter Four - darling
Chapter Six- kiss kiss
Chapter Seven - runaway
Chapter Eight- boy talk
Chapter Nine - red cheek
Chapter Ten - stars

Chapter Five - childish

628 21 19
By luvlezlie

(recommend headphones ^)

June 11th, 1893

My step father is now the mayor. Yeah I know. Crazy! Because of this, we're going to have another party. Mother wants this party to be special only because from now on we'll be one of the richest families in London. Not that we weren't already, because we were... but I'm still very much grateful.

______

I arose from my comforting bed after a long rested night. Yesterday was perfect. Seeing the face of tewkesbury will always make the day perfect, what can I say?

I'm not like in love with him tho...

I'm marrying another man.

In a month.

And it feels like time is going faster by the minute. Which is not a good thing. I don't wanna marry him. I don't want to be with him. George is nothing but a boy with foolishness. Skilamalink.

Why me universe? Why me? I thought.

The sound of my mothers heels coming from the hallways startled me from my thoughts. I quickly jump out of my bed and hurried my feet towards the door. Opening it and seeing mother right in front. "Aurora, look at you! Your messy hair and outrageous nightwear" she cringed at me. My mother is a very nice lady as you can tell...

"Mother. do you really expect me to look good in this time of day?" I crossed my arms. "Don't talk back to your mother, Aurora!" She raised her voice. "That's how a conversation works mother!" I raised my voice back at her as I uncrossed my arms out. She huffed before spinning around and storming off in the halls.

I think the thoughts about earlier came rushing in my head. That's why I was so harsh.

But I decided to get dressed.

I first thought what I could possibly wear. I felt like wearing something a bit more different. Something that will make a crowd think "I don't know if I'm looking at Aurora or a princess" in my thought I would answer "You're looking at both" I chuckle to myself after my thoughts came to an end.

Then, I found the one

After trying it on I spin over towards the mirror. I smile tightly, admiring the pinkish fabric. But before I could finish that thought I heard a sudden voice call out my name behind my bedroom door. "Aurora?" I heard the voice. I quickly rushed towards my door and see Florence, with her quite fancy looking dress. Usually Florence doesn't get dressed up for any occasion, so I'm quite shocked. "Oh Aurora! That dress is absolutely gorgeous" she gushed while setting some folded blankets above my bed. "Thank you Florence" I smiled as I sat down on the edge of my bed, fidgeting with my fingers. "Do you think my mother would hate my dress?" I tilt my head, Florence gave me a warm smile and sat down next to me. "If she does, she simply has no taste" she pulls me closer making my head rest on her shoulder.

I don't know what I would do without Florence, she's always been there for me.

_____

I haven't had the urge to walk out of my room all day. Knowing that my mother will probably judge me and force me to change my dress. So I've been reading the book heartless. I'm already half way and I'm in love with everything about it.

Off topic but, I wish to see tewkesbury once again. I miss him. I miss having eye contact with him every minute. I miss talking about nonsense to him. I miss discovering more about his face. I know it's only been a day since I've seen him but it's like all I want to do is be with him. It's such a weird feeling.

Just the thought of it brought a smile on my face. "what are you tewkesbury?" I whisper to myself, staring at the ceiling, laying on my bed. "why do I feel like this towards you?" I thought once more. "only if you know what I'm feeling" I sighed and sat up quickly gazing over at my large window. "only if you would feel the same back" I whisper to myself once more before walking towards the window.

I opened it up slowly feeling a slight fresh air hit my face. The sunlight beaming towards my face. Oh how golden hour is my favorite hour.

"George....I'm marrying george" my smile quickly turned into a frown. You know when there's always that one thought in the back of your head that pops up out of nowhere. Especially when your happy. And that thought makes you feel so empty inside. That's exactly what I feel whenever I hear George's name. He's not the man I want to marry. Not ever.

My fluffy dress was flowing back slowly with the wind. I then hear some noises coming from the outside. The guests are here!!

I quickly fix up my dress before walking out. Totally forgetting the fact about my mother judging me but I cared less about that right now. This is probably the biggest party we've had. More and more guests came, but none of them were...him.

I mean I didn't expect him to come at all since my mother hates his family. So I guess I'll just go have a snack and forget about it.

Looking through the desserts and I spot some apple pie in the center. Apple pie has always been my absolute favorite food of all time. So I quickly grabbed a slice and stuffed it into my mouth. Seems like I forgot my manners since I got many stares after. While digging for some more I felt a presence near me. "Aurora" the manly voice said. I looked and saw the least person I wanted to see. "George" I looked away from him quickly and back to the pie. "What are you wearing?" He looks at me up and down while taking a bite of a muffin. "A dress" I said while still looking away from him. "I know but why that dress?" He said.

I smile up to him. And tippy toed. Giving him a kiss on the lips. Why? Well you always gotta trick a boy into thinking you like him before you snap at him. I let go of the kiss and my feet met the floor again. He smirked at me with his hands scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh George, you're a man with ignorance. Just know that a man shouldn't judge another women's look, if they really love them. So you obviously don't love me and you wanna know why George? Because you just want me for the money. So next time you say 'I love you', just don't. You bastard!" I snapped at him. His face was full of embarrassment as he was getting looks from all around the room.

Now that we have the attention I wanted, I grabbed the nearest drink I could find and spilt it all over the boys head. Making him soaked from whatever the drink was. I then blow him a kiss, teasing him, before walking away.

I knew what I just did would get me in so much trouble but I could care less. That selfish boy got what he deserved.

A few moments passed and I heard a familiar voice approach behind me. I turn around and see mother in her too fancy dress. "Aurora why would you treat your future husband like that? Do you not understand how wrong that is?" Mother raised her voice at me. Her lipstick all smeared and her very very long eyelashes called my attention. "Mother, look at you! Your messy makeup and those ridiculous eyelashes" I teased her from what she told me this morning. She crossed her arms while giving me a glare. "What has gotten into you today?"

Mother continued babbling about my behavior and since it was going on for a while I didn't listen at all. "And what is that dress?! It's showing way too much skin Aurora" was the only thing that caught my attention. "If it's showing too much skin mother, than simply just look away" I can't believe I'm raising my voice at my mother, in public.

The crowd turns their heads at us making mother embarrassed. It was quiet for a bit until I walked off. I've already made two people embarrassed today, I don't know if I'm proud of myself or not.

Eh, I'm proud of myself.

______

I was forced to dance with George in the ballroom to make up for what I did. All tho I'm not an expert at dancing, I will say that George is not the best at it. It started off with me stepping on his foot on accident to stepping it on purpose.

"stop it" he whispers to me. The crowd around us was dancing as well, and he didn't want to grab their attention again. I didn't listen to George I stepped on his foot again making him wince quietly. "stop it Aurora, you're acting like a child" he whispers loudly. "Well if I'm a child, than why are you marrying me? is it possibly because you're in it for the money?" I tilted my head with puppy dog eyes. He rolled his eyes. See. I hate it when he does that. When he ignores something that he obviously is doing. He's so much worse than a skilamalink.

I looked over to my side and caught a familiar figure in the distance. They were dancing with some lady. But I couldn't quite figure out who it could be. "what are you looking at?" George follows where my eyes are looking at. I quickly look away "no one" I continued dancing with him.

"no one? well it has to be someone" George talks back. "you know what? My feet hurt. I'm gonna go rest" I lied and walked away from the boy. "Your feet hurt? What about mine huh?" Gosh he's so selfish.

I managed to sneak out of the house and now I'm sitting out in the night sky. It's not as cold as I thought it would be. And it's not that hot. It's the perfect temperature.

After spacing out, I heard some footsteps approach me. I looked up and see the brown haired boy who I've been wanting to see all day. "tewkesbury!" I say in relief as I go in for the tightest hug "oh how I missed you tewkesbury" I murmured while squeezing him. "I missed you more Aurora" he hugs me back and rests his cheek on my head.

We stayed like that for a while. Until i got a thought in my head. "How'd you get here?" I say, letting go of the hug slowly. "Well I put on a fake mustache for disguise and surprisingly your mother didn't notice me" he pulls out the fake mustache out of his pockets. I giggled while gazing at his precious facial features. His strong cheekbones, his soft soft hair that I can't wait to touch.

"what are you looking at?" He grins at me. "well you, dum dum" I respond. He chuckles back and grabs my hand. I look at our fingers intertwined with each other. But before I could look back at him he starts walking back in the house with our hands still connected. I was trying to make him stop, my mother could catch us. I notice him putting the fake mustache back on.

I know my mother isn't going to find out that he's tewkesbury but if she catches me dancing with him, who she thinks is a random stranger, than I'm in big danger.

Tewkesbury brings me in the ball room where there still is a loud crowd dancing to some fancy music. We make a stop in front of the crowd. Our hands still in hold of each other's. We turn towards each other "shall we?" Tewkesbury says and I nod right after. He pulls me into the crowd.

Immediately after he puts his arms against my waist and rests my arms on his shoulders. We smiled so hard it felt magical already and we haven't even gotten to the dance part yet.

And then we just went along with the music and the crowd. This time no one was stepping on each other's foot. Tewkesbury was actually a pretty good dancer. Oh what can he not do, universe.

The whole time we were dancing, we never let go of eye contact. It was like our eyes were stuck together. But it felt good. I felt safe.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look in that dress?" He distracts me from my thoughts. "Oh- you like it? Why thank you" I smiled. "And you look handsome in that suit" I complimented back.

"You think the mustache fits me?" he responds with his beautiful accent. "Anything fits you, tewkesbury" we both giggled while still dancing to the music.

"AURORA?! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR'E DOING?" Me and tewkesbury were startled from my mothers voice coming from behind. We separated quickly and turned to my mother. "Uh- mother it's not what it looks like" I walked up to her in worry. "Well to me it looks like you're cheating on George with this...stranger!" Oh gosh.

I look back at tewkesbury with his furrowed eyebrows. "Who's George?" He whispers. "Nobody" I walk up to him. He looked really mad for some reason. He huffed, shaking his head slowly and walked away. "Wait!" I try to catch up to him but my stepfather John pulled me back. I roughly let go of his hand and glared at my mother.

"I'm so disappointed in you" she said glaring back at me. "Why do I have to marry him?! Mother please, I'm begging you I don't want to marry him!!" I felt my tears form but I tried holding them in. "Oh stop acting so childish, go to your room I've had enough of this!"

I run up to my room, everyone glancing over at me but I don't care. Today was so much worse than I thought. First I had to argue with my mother so many amount of times and then I had to deal with that buffoon George. But the thing that hurt me most was when tewkesbury left. He left angry. And I don't know if I'm going to ever see him again.

I shut the door closed and flopped on my bed. The tears that I was holding released on my pillows. I've never cried this much before. Well the day my dad left I remember balling my eyes out. But for some reason i cried more. I cried more because of tewkesbury.

I've never felt like this to anyone before. And I don't know exactly what I'm feeling. Because half of that feeling left me. He left me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 627 27
louis partridge x reader fanfic ig :) UNDER HEAVY EDITING started: 08/05/2021 Finished: 09/07/2021 1k reads at 03/06/2021
211K 8.1K 27
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 〭✴ ̽ ࣩBOOK 2 OF DELICATE ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 6TH OCTOBER 2020 ࿐ྂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ •*⁀➷ COMPLETED !! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀☁︎ 11 PM (PHT / GMT+8) ✓ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀❝ Our life is a compilation...
424K 12.3K 45
When Anne's childhood friend passes away, she is inclined to read all past emails she never opened. Those emails reveal startling news that prompt h...
5.7K 80 11
🅈 🄾 🅄 🖇 cover done by: @italypartridge 🖇 🤍 In which Y/N meets a young British boy in a very unexpected way. 🤍 Made by @bluebabyxo ❤️