Chapter Seven - runaway

(recommend headphones ^)

June 12th, 1893

And then...he kissed me

When this man kissed me, all I thought about was him

When this man kissed me, all I thought about was him. Only him. And how happy he makes me. How happy he makes me when I see him or hear his name. Sometimes I wanna punch myself for falling for my families enemy. But I just can't help it.

I kissed him back finally, after being shocked. We both didn't let go of the kiss. And trust me, we knew this was bad, like really bad. But at that moment it's like we didn't care a single bit.

I felt him pull me closer to him gently, and our lips were in sync. His cold hands were still cupping my warm face. His lips were very soft I will say.

And then..he let go.

My face still in shocked with what had just happened.

Tewkesbury basilwether...just kissed
me.

"no no no no no! I-I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Y-you're already with someone else and" tewkesbury mumbled nervously. I cut him off "Tewkesbury, it's okay" I lean closer to, rubbing his soft cheeks.
"I've been wanting to do that ever since I've laid my eyes on you" I said. He furrowed his eyebrows, with confusion. I knew he would be confused. I guess it's the time to tell him.

"But- what about George? I'm confused" he shook his head in confusion. I sighed and let go of his face. "That's what I've been wanting to talk to you about. come on" I pulled him by his hand back to where we were sitting before. Fixing up my dress and clearing my throat before talking.

I look up to him and he still had the confusion in his face. "I...I don't know how to say this but, George.." The next thing I was going to say was so much harder than I thought. "I'm- im going to marry him" I said slowly and nervously.

His eyes turned teary. With worry.

I hated how those words came out of my mouth. Especially next to tewkesbury.

"What?" he mumbled back with a slow and quite sigh. He stayed silent for a while. He kept looking anywhere else but me. It's like if he did look at me all he would do is cry rivers.

"But tewkesbery, I don't like George. He's a cruel boy and I would never want to be with him" I tried comforting him with my words.

"Then why are you with him?!" His voice was shaky.

"Because I have no choice!" I cried out. I was staring down at the not so glistening grass.

"No. N-no that's not fair Aurora! Come on, you don't have to" he scooted closer to me and rested his hands on my lap. Oh tewkesbury, I wish I had a choice. Then I would choose you.

"I really don't have a choice tewkesbury. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I finally had the urge to look at him. And it just made me cry even more. I can tell he was trying his hardest holding in his tears.

After another long moment of silence tewkesbury breaks it. "We can runaway, together, as long as I'm with you" he tucked a piece behind my hair softly.

I gave him a warm smile. I really do like that idea, but that would be impossible. My family will do anything to look for me. Anything. I wouldn't want to know what would happen if they ever find me. All I know is that they would hurt him. I don't want that to happen. "Our families are rich. And they would know we ran away together if we went missing on the same day. Tewkesbury, I would absolutely love to. But you know how much of a risk that is" I hated how right I was. I was imagining the scenarios in my head of what we would do if we ever did runaway.

"So what now? Are we just gonna pretend we don't know each other anymore?! And you're gonna marry someone who you don't even love?! I don't want that to happen!!" He looked at me with full on sadness in his eyes. "I wish I knew you sooner. Because I want to be with you Aurora. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you" he says.

Universe please help us.

"I want to be with you too, so bad. But-"

"Stop it with the buts!" He cut me off. I flinched from his raised voice which caused him to sigh and look down at the grass. "Though you're right, you're so damn right and that makes me so mad because...he's going to marry you" he looked up to me with a blank stare, lips shivering.

"when?" He said. His words mumbling under his breath, though I understood.

"2 weeks" I looked down at the grass again for the millionth time. It's just so hard keeping my eyes on him. He nods and let's go of my lap. "I think we should go, it's getting late" he broke the silence.

It's not late, I think he just needed some alone time. Which I will respect. I nod before we stood up and walked away.

The walk was silent. But yet it was so loud. It's like our minds were speaking out with so many thoughts that were stored in them for the past month. We weren't holding hands, we weren't gazing at each other, we weren't doing any of the stuff we normally do. Just staring down at the pathways to our own homes.

We had to leave each other again, with empty feelings. If only my mother hadn't sent those cards out in the first place, I would've never met George. Meaning I could've been with tewkesbury instead. Well maybe not, my mother would hate it if she ever finds out I'm hanging with a Basilwether.

(sorry this chapter is short I just wanted this part to be it's own little chapter. I'm prob gonna post another one today, or tmr)