Chapter Three - basilwether

(recommend headphones ^)

June 5th, 1893

"Oh mother, please for the love of god

"Oh mother, please for the love of god. I don't wanna marry this man. How many times do I have to tell ya?" My voiced raised up from my anger. Mother was sitting on the dining table drinking some tea as I was pacing around her. "Aurora, please! You're giving me a headache. Go to your room and get ready for the party" she replied with her British accent. I stomped my foot, crossed my arms before storming off.

If only my mother could understand that love doesn't work this way. Marriage isn't what I expected to have in the age of 17. Oh yes! I'm 17 today.

My birthday is always my favorite time of each year. But this year I feel like it might be different. I don't know if it's because I'm going to marry a man soon, or if it's because I'm getting older but it just feels so different. It feels like today is going to change my life..forever.

My dress arrived the other day and it's one of the most beautiful dresses I've personally ever seen. It has this purple ribbon tied in the back, that makes the whole look complete.

After putting on the dress and glamming myself up with the help of Florence, I found myself reading the book Heartless. Only reading the first chapter, it's amazing. If only I can actually be in it, and experience what the characters are going through. What if..I'm in a book. And someone out there, wants to experience my life.

Oh don't be ridiculous Aurora, these are just thoughts in my head.

A knock on my door appears out of the blue. "Come in" i set away the book on my nightstand. The door opens and I see my stepfather, John. "Guests are arriving Aurora. Your mother wants you out now. And you look fabulous in that dress. I hope you liked it" oh how politely my stepfather is. If only he could understand how much I appreciate his appreciation towards me and my mother. "I love it John. So much. And I'll be on my out" John nods and makes his way downstairs as I get up from my rather comforting bed. Shaking nervously knowing that so many eyes will be watching me as I make my way out.

Looking at the mirror, fixing up my auburn hair. I sighed and smiled at myself for comfort. Making my way out of my bedroom and hearing the people talking. Taking another deep breath I start heading down the stairs. Already feeling all the eyes on me

 Already feeling all the eyes on me