Chapter Six- kiss kiss

(recommend headphones ^)

June 12th, 1893

The day was gloomy, rainy, cloudy

The day was gloomy, rainy, cloudy. All the things you can expect in a sad day.

I mean isn't it a coincidence that all of a sudden the weather turns upside down once tewkesbury leaves. Just about yesterday it was as sunny as it could be. It's the universe telling me that I'm not going to have a good day.

I'm used to waking up from my alarming mother but the house was quiet as I was walking through the halls. Am I home alone? Is everyone still asleep? I thought to myself.

I get startled by a voice from the end of the halls. "Your mother and stepfather aren't home, they had some business to take care of" it was Florence. She was still wearing her nightgown and her hair was up in a very tight bun. I don't know how it stays so tight through the night. My hair is all frizzy like a birds nest in the mornings.

"Oh well, thank you Florence" I smiled and walked away slowly. "I made you some breakfast downstairs!" She shouts from across the hallway. I nod back at her and rushed down to the kitchen. I notice a freshly made cornbread with stew already set up in the tables. I smile to myself and dig in.

The food she makes always amazes me, I remember a specific time mother made supper. The house almost burnt down and the food ended up tasting like straight up plastic. But don't tell her I said that...

After breakfast I get back in my room and changed into a proper outfit

Since mother and John aren't home I thought maybe I could stop by at the Basilwethers

Since mother and John aren't home I thought maybe I could stop by at the Basilwethers. Although that is a very bad idea, I just want to see the face of tewkesbury again.

I found Florence cleaning up in the kitchen and I thought I could tell her I'm going out for a walk. "Hey Florence, do you mind if I could go out for a walk in the forest? I've been needing some fresh air lately" I asked politely. She wasnt looking at me "of course honey, just be careful okay?" She said softly. I squeal in excitement and hugged her from behind, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I gushed while she giggled.