Chapter Four - darling

(recommend headphones ^)

June 8th, 1893

Normally I would wake up to my blaring mother but the warmth of the sun rays glancing towards my face awoke me

Normally I would wake up to my blaring mother but the warmth of the sun rays glancing towards my face awoke me. I get up from the surface of my bed, letting out a yawn. Approaching towards the outside of my room. Oh I wonder what today will lead me too. I thought.

Yesterday was my birthday and it wasn't very much what I expected. It wasn't bad nor was it good. But it was very, different. Tho I do wish to see that man again. Maybe someday we'll meet anew.

"The wedding must take place in no further than a month!...No! Absolutely I will not have my daughter married two months from now...Listen Roy I don't wanna have a problem with this, I need my daughter married soon!"

I overheard my mother quarrel towards a man.

Leaning towards behind her after the man left and tapping on her shoulder. Which forces a little jump on her. "Aurora don't come out at me like that" she appears to be having a tough morning. "The mayor announced that there's too many weddings scheduled this month but that will not stop me from organizing your wedding" she took a sip of some wine that always pops out of nowhere. I sighed. I don't wanna have this wedding anytime soon. I don't want to have this wedding ever.

"Mother" I tried thinking of some words to make her somewhat agree. "I don't think I'm ready to have a wedding" I can tell by the look on her face that she doesn't agree at all. "Sweetie I don't want to have this conversation again! Now, go eat your breakfast Florence made" she hurried out before I could say anything.

"Oh mother! If only I could tell you how much I hate that man" I mumble to myself after she disappeared.

I only wish I could escape from this mess but with the anger coming from my mother this morning I don't wanna know where that thought will take me.

After finishing up my scrumptious corn bread and stew, I thanked Florence and thought maybe I should go out for a walk to freshen my mind a bit. And so I did.

Stepping out of the door and noticing the weather today looks quite beautiful. No petal seems to be falling from a flower. No leaves seem to be falling from the trees. And no clouds are in sight. Making it just the baby blue blanket cover above. Oh how I wish everyday could look and feel like this.