To Die List(CrankGameplays X...

By ImSorryMrGullible

Ethan Nestor, the boy who lived a relatively normal life. The teenager had never done anything dangerous or a... More

Important Note
~I~
~II~
-III-
~IV~
-V-
~VI~
~VII~
~VIII~
-IV-
~X~
~XI~
-XII-
~XIII~
-XIV-
-XV-
~XVI~
~XVII~
-XVIII-
-XX-
-XXI-
~XXII~
-XXIII-

~XIX~

931 31 115
By ImSorryMrGullible

I just realized, if my books don't scream mommy issues...Idk what does. This is the only one with a sane, alive mother, and Ethan's is still a lil wonky. I didn't mean to do this, I am so sorry😂

A lot of people on Weasleytok were talking about the fanfic called Golden Boy...It's now in my library

Also, happy holidays to everyone :)

Y/n's POV

A smile spread across my face as I drive. Music was playing loudly from my speakers, boosting my mood even more. The people around me probably didn't like that decision very much, but I paid no mind to them. I danced and sang along to the each song that played, not giving a second glance at anyone around me.

I had just got out from a doctors appointment, but that's not what I was so happy about. Today is the first day Ethan finally isn't grounded. Which means we can go back to doing our normal stuff without the fear of being too loud or leaving any evidence behind. Because of the doctors appointment, I was able to leave school early and now I'm on my way to pick Ethan up from that exact place. This reason, and this reason only, is the way I'd go to that school willingly.

School was let out just a couple minutes ago. If Ethan is doing what he said, he is waiting by the front doors for me. No doubt he'd know when I'm there. By the careless driving and the blasting music theres no way he could think it were anyone else.

I left the doctors before school had actually ended, so Ethan had known the general time I would be there. I messaged him as soon as I left and he told me where he'd be.

With more speed than necessary, I pulled up to the front doors. I turned my head to look out the window and saw Ethan standing outside talking to another guy. Ethan said his goodbyes quickly and jogged to my car, opening the passenger seat door, his face covered in embarrassment.

"Turn the music down." He ordered angrily, doing it himself before any more unwanted attention is brought to us.

"Yes sir." I laughed, saluting him.

He shut his door and threw his bag in the back seat along with mine. He didn't have enough time to buckle his seatbelt before I was already pressing on the gas again.

"How did the appointment go?" Ethan asked once he got his seatbelt secured.

I shrugged, trying to keep it vague. "Appointment-y. Cancer stuff."

"Very specific, thank you." He replied sarcastically. I couldn't tell if he was genuinely angry or not.

To avoid the mood killing subject, I spun the conversation around to himself. "Who was that guy you were you talking to?"

"Andrew, he's a friend of mine I've grown up with." I could see Ethan look at me from my peripheral vision. "I think you two would get along. You should meet him one day."

Another person he has said I'd like. It's almost like everyone he knows he thinks I could be good friends with. I took his word for it though. I hadn't personally met any of these people he talks about, I wouldn't make a very good judge of whether or not I would.

I nodded, taking that information in. "Two Andrew's, nice. How do you keep track?" I joked.

"Andrew A and Andrew B." He laughed. "That one was Andrew B."

Before I could even speak, the topic was changed again. No topic could stay alive for too long today.

"What are the plans for today?" Ethan asks, an excited grin plastered on his face.

A grin pushed it's way onto my face. "We are going to the pet store."

Ethan sent me a confused look from the passenger seat, somehow still surprised by our activities. "What are we going there for?"

"To get a fish." I say simply, looking like a child who was just handed a cookie.

Ethan's furrowed eyebrows stayed in it's position. "Okay." He nodded. "That's very...normal."

His words were slow, like he was waiting for me to mention the pet was a hammerhead shark.

I looked at him for a split second, now just as confused as he was. We've done normal things. "What, and building a fort isn't?"

He held up his pointer finger with an argument coming out just as quickly. "That had a catch! It was in a storage room at an abandoned house!" He put bis hand back down in his lap. "Not to mention it was freezing for a while until the heater warmed up the whole room."

I nodded my head in thought, giving him the victory of that one. "Okay, then what about breaking a world record? That was normal."

He looked at me again. "Nah, I had to deal with you for days. Not normal."

With a roll of my eyes, I reached to the middle of the dashboard and rolled the dial between my fingers, my music continuing to get louder as I continued. Ethan shook his head, focusing on the sights outside his window.

A short drive later of some songs and volumes Ethan enjoyed and others he disapproved of, we pulled into the parking lot of our chosen pet store and parked as close as we could to the doors.

The weather of early March nipped at my skin just as much as it did in February, but it seemed brighter. Less clouds covered the sky, finally allowing the light of the sun to fall down on us with no interruptions. It was a nice day today, cold and windy, but nice.

Ethan and I hopped out of the car, immediately heading for the automatic doors just a few yards away from us.

"What kind of fish are we looking for?" Ethan asked as we walked through the doors.

I shrugged. "Whatever fish calls my name."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think fish can speak." He joked, looking at me as we walked side-by-side, his mouth slanted.

I rolled my eyes with a sarcastic, "Ha ha."

We made our way into the section showing off all of their different types of fish: colorful, big, small, eccentric, ordinary. The wall was covered in many tanks, all holding different types of fish, every one of them mindlessly swimming around. Ethan and I slowly walked across the wall, taking a look into each tank before taking the next step.

My eyes trailed the wall up and down, taking notes on which ones to go back to once I had taken a look at all of them. The tanks were all decorated nicely, full of color and some with themes. The fish looked to be happy in their designated homes, with much to look at and plenty of places to go. It gave me some idea of what I could do for the one I bring home.

A fish wasn't my first plan- it was a dog I had originally wanted to own before I go, but having both parents disagree with me on the idea was a slight problem. Neither of them are big fans of pets, they both enjoy traveling and would rather not have to worry about what they should do with their responsibilities at home. It was easier with a kid because they could take me with them.

Instead of throwing that idea off the list, we compromised. We agreed on a fish- small, quiet, and difficult for my parents to get attached to. Once I'm gone, they won't have to be left with it, they could easily sell it or give it away without any pain of saying goodbye to a friend. Though, we didn't discuss that part, I thought it was a valid point as to why a fish worked better than a dog. I would take care of it separately for as long as I could, finally getting the experience of having a pet: a responsibility that was actually important. Even though it wasn't a dog like I have dreamed of since I was little, I was excited.

It took a few steps to realize Ethan wasn't close behind me anymore. I turned my attention away from the cherry barb fish and looked behind me. He had stopped a few steps ago, his eyes fixated on the tank eye level to him, the corners of his lips just barely lifted.

I stepped up to his side, my eyes following his. He noticed my presence immediately and stepped even closer to me, pointing at one fish he had been following.

"He looks like he has a hat." Ethan mumbled quietly, his finger following a Red Cap Oranda Goldfish. I could practically feel his breath on my ear.

There were plenty of others just like him in his tank, but this one was generally away from the others, swimming around a fake plant. Each time a leaf touched his back, he swam faster, as if he was scared something was behind him.

I smiled and straightened my back as I watched him swim in circles, sometimes stopping to inspect the leaves. Ethan looked at me, a smirk on his face. He knew what I was thinking.

I punched his shoulder, a grin on my face and butterflies of excitement in my stomach. "You get someone to get this guy. I'll go get what we need."

I walk away from him, trying not to have a jump in my step. Just a normal walk with a normal speed. Not far away from where Ethan remained were the isles holding the different sized tanks and bowls, rocks and beads, foods, etc. everything you needed to take care of a fish.

Picking up a basket from the stack by the isle, I slipped my arm under the handles and continued to walk down the isles of all the options. I skipped over the tanks for now, knowing I wouldn't be able to hold it until I got everything else first. The other things were small, individual things that could fit in the small basket hanging from my elbow. The tank would need to be held.

Scanning the many options of gravel and stones for the bottom of the tank, it didn't take long for me to decide on a bag of natural, smooth pebbles. They weren't bright colors, but a variety of grays and blacks, unlike many of the other options. A couple of bags were placed in the basket, along with a dragon wrapped around two broken columns misplaced on the shelf of bags.

There were many options of ornaments to choose from. From plants to pirate ships to houses, they had a lot of each. It was basically impossible to not find something you liked. Hell, it was impossible to find something you didn't like. Each one was amazing, it was hard to choose which ones to grab.

Seeing our new friend be so entertained by a fake plant, I knew I had to get some. Without thinking, multiple plants in different colors, types, and heights were thrown into the basket with the rocks.

Now searching through the types of objects they had, my eyes landed on the same dragon that was in my basket already. Surrounding that dragon were other things that matched the idea of the dragon. My hand moved before I had time to think and gripped onto a warn down looking pagoda, moss painted on the edges of it. Along with that, I added a small, rounded, wooden bridge and moss covered rocks he could hide in.

I was feeling too excited about this, like I would be living in the tank myself. I didn't even notice the wide, toothy smile beneath my nose that was impossible to push away.

Before I grabbed anything else, I walked away from the ornaments and into the necessities. Walking the isles, grabbing exactly what I needed to make this fish's new home healthy and comfortable, the basket was filling up.

"Hey." Ethan said suddenly, popping around the end of the shelf I was standing by. I felt like my soul jumped out of my body for a second. Ethan giggled softly at my reaction, which I only replied to with an eye roll. "Sorry." He apologized through his giggling.

In his hands was a small, round container with the fish we had looked at earlier. Ethan noticed me looking at the clear container in his hands and rose it up to eye level so I could see him. His smile was just as big as mine.

"You've got yourself a new home, buddy." Ethan spoke to him in a higher pitched, child like voice. I shook my head at him.

"Could you go get a tank, please?" I asked, giving him my nicest look I could make, pointing my finger shyly in the direction of the tanks. "Preferably ten gallons."

Ethan nodded, handed me the unnamed fish, and walked in the way I pointed. I thanked him as he walked away.

Just a few minutes later, we were walking out with everything we needed. Both of us were happy with everything we purchased and were excited to put it all together and have our new pet adjusted into his new home.

Carefully, we placed everything in the backseat of my car then hopped into the front seats. Ethan held the fish in his hands safely as I drove. He made sure the water didn't move too much and the fish wasn't being pushed around inside as we took the turns and curves of the roads.

"What are you gonna name him?" Ethan asked, watching the white and orange fish swim around the empty

"I don't know," I answer, thinking about the question. "What do you want to name him?"

"Don't ask me, it's your fish." He answered with a giggle, looking away from the fish and putting him in his lap.

"He's your fish too, Nestor." I smirked. "You're the one who picked him out and you helped pay for his stuff."

"But-"

"Don't argue with me." I glanced at him. "You're the owner too."

He sighed. He picked the container up again, studying the fish again. "I don't know."

I gasped dramatically. "What about Ponyo?" I ask, referencing the Japanese animated film.

Ethan grinned at my idea, sparking ideas from it. "Darwin! From Gumball!"

I laughed, the energy in the car becoming fun and lighthearted.

"Wait, wait," I say, a new name idea coming to mind. "Magikarp."

"Swim shady!" Ethan yelled as soon as I finished speaking, like it came out of his mouth before he had any time to think about it.

The both of us laugh at Ethans sudden burst with the name he had come up with.

"The spice girl with the red hair!" I said. My free hand moved excitedly as I tried to think of her show name. "What was her nickname?"

"Ginger Spice!"

"Yes!" I cheered as Ethan filled in the blank. This fish's "hat" was orange while his body was white. He definitely would've been a redhead if he were a human.

After that, we got our energy out by giggling and messing around, while trying not to be too wild being there was a fish in an unfamiliar environment in Ethan's hands and I was driving a car. The both of us soon calmed down, wiping our tears from our face from laughing. The two of us found ourselves and each other way funnier than we actually were.

A deep sigh came from Ethan, a small giggle pushing itself out with it. "We still haven't named him."

"I'm voting for Swim Shady." I said, thankful for Ethan's brilliant mind.

"Me too." He agreed. "Swim Shady it is then."

* * *

"Welcome to the house of chaos." I grinned, pushing my front door open. "Not really, it's pretty boring."

Ethan walked in behind me nervously. The first thing you see walking in is my wooden bedroom door on the left, stairs close to my door on the same wall that is my bedroom. A hallway was on the other side of the stairs, showing a glimpse of the living room and the opening to the kitchen. The right of the front door was a wide and tall doorframe with folding doors that were pulled open, an untouched dining room. We only used it when we had company over, otherwise no one was ever in it and the lights always stayed off. There was no use in having them on.

I kicked the door shut after Ethan walked through, carrying half the bags and Swim Shady, leaving me with the other half and the tank.

Ethan opened my bedroom door for me once he saw me trying to kick the handle downwards. Like he knew where everything was, he flicked the lights on and stepped out of the way for me to get through.

I dropped the tank onto my bed and set the bags next to it, Ethan doing the same. The circular container Swim Shady was in was placed gently onto my desk though.

"Y/n?" Came a voice from my door, along with a soft knock.

Ethan's and my attention was brought to the source, only to see my mom standing in the doorway. "Oh." She said, shocked to see Ethan here.

Ethan's eyes were wide and obviously nervous. He looked at me for a quick second before looking back at my mom, thinking of what to do.

"You must be Ethan." She smiled, her voice soft. "I'm Avia, Y/n's mom." She stuck her hand out, easing Ethan's nerves.

He grabbed her hand gently and shook it, sending his best smile her way.

While shaking Ethan's hand, she noticed the fish on the desk behind him. Her mouth opened, a mix of surprise and shock on her face. "You already got the fish?"

I nodded, a smile on my face. "What reason to wait?"

She nodded, crossing her arms. "Yeah." She switched her eyes over to meet Ethan's again. "She only just asked her father and I about this last night."

He laughed and shook his head at me then stared back at the fish, trying his best at not being awkward (but failing miserably).

"What kind did you get?" She asked.

"A Red Cap Oranda Goldfish." I answered.

She nodded, looking at him through the plastic. "He looks like he has a cap on."

She stood straight up, looking at the both of us before nodding. "I'll leave you guys to it then. Dinner will be ready in an hour or so."

We nodded, showing her we understood she said. On her way out, she looker me in the eyes and pointed at the door, mouthing to me "it stays open". I nodded with a roll of my eyes before turning to Ethan.

"Lets do this." I say excitedly, walking over to my bookshelf in the corner.

I began taking things off of the area I wanted Shady's tank to sit, finding them a new place in my room. As I did this, Ethan sat on my floor, putting the tank together. He was helping a lot with this and I couldn't thank him enough. I am so lucky to have someone like him.

"So I have an idea." I started, making sure to keep my voice lowered, not wanting my mom to hear me.

He paused what he was doing, looking up at me with an eyebrow raised. "And what is that."

I grabbed a picture frame from off the shelf and turned to him. "I mean, I'm doing this with or without you, but I'd really rather you do it with me."

"Okay.." Ethan nodded slowly.

"Tonight I'm going back to the fort. For no reason, really. Just feel like going." I resume what I was doing and place the picture frame neatly on my dresser. "But if you join me, I'm not stopping by your house first. We're at least meeting somewhere."

He looked at me. "Y/n."

My hands raised to my sides, turning back to the bookshelf to grab another item. "Okay, okay. That's a no."

"I just got ungrounded." Ethan stated, continuing what he was doing as well. "And, unlike you, I like to sleep before school."

"You could sleep in the fort." I argued, still keeping my voice down.

"And in the morning when my parents see I'm not there?"

"I'll wake you up so you can go back. I'll even walk you, make sure you're safe." I sent him an innocent smile.

"Please." He said, his words dripping in sarcasm.

I nodded, my back to him as I grabbed another thing off the shelf. I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed. I should've known he wouldn't do it, but part of me got my hopes up. After him willingly sneaking me into his house, and with his suggestion, I thought maybe he'd become a little more loose.

It was fine though, it wasn't like I was crushed and crying myself to sleep about it. I'm used to going there alone. I was only a little disappointed, it's not anything major.

After the space needed was cleared and everything that had previously taken that spot was in a new place, I sat down with Ethan, the two of us now decorating the tank and choosing where things should go.

A couple of (very lovely) people have given me their ideas for the to die list, and if anyone else wants to share their ideas then you definitely can🥺it helps a lot

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline-  1-800-273-8255

Text options: text HOME to
US and Canada: 741741
UK: 85258
Ireland: 50808

YouthLine: text teen2teen to 839863 or call 1-877-968-8491

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 4.8K 51
saaaaah duddeeeeee welcome to my one shots Do not steal, copy, or repost my writing without permission and/or credit. It's not cool. started March 24...
23K 1.2K 12
sorry doesn't cut it. ⚠ trigger warning: cancer, angst ⚠ COMPLETE | November 2017 Sheera Ayame
75.8K 2.2K 22
//This story contains no sex scenes because I ain't about that life but things still do get very spicy// "Where are we goin-" he cut me off by press...
50.8K 1.8K 33
[SEQUEL/BOOK 2] After what had happened at the funeral, it changed your life forever. You had forgotten what made you the person you are today. Thing...