when we were soulmates | Tewk...

By luvlezlie

Mid 1800's, a young lady falls in love with their enemies son. The universe forcing them to fall out of love... More

characters
Chapter One - heartless
Chapter Two - skilamalink
Chapter Three - basilwether
Chapter Five - childish
Chapter Six- kiss kiss
Chapter Seven - runaway
Chapter Eight- boy talk
Chapter Nine - red cheek
Chapter Ten - stars

Chapter Four - darling

727 28 20
By luvlezlie

(recommend headphones ^)

June 8th, 1893

Normally I would wake up to my blaring mother but the warmth of the sun rays glancing towards my face awoke me. I get up from the surface of my bed, letting out a yawn. Approaching towards the outside of my room. Oh I wonder what today will lead me too. I thought.

Yesterday was my birthday and it wasn't very much what I expected. It wasn't bad nor was it good. But it was very, different. Tho I do wish to see that man again. Maybe someday we'll meet anew.

"The wedding must take place in no further than a month!...No! Absolutely I will not have my daughter married two months from now...Listen Roy I don't wanna have a problem with this, I need my daughter married soon!"

I overheard my mother quarrel towards a man.

Leaning towards behind her after the man left and tapping on her shoulder. Which forces a little jump on her. "Aurora don't come out at me like that" she appears to be having a tough morning. "The mayor announced that there's too many weddings scheduled this month but that will not stop me from organizing your wedding" she took a sip of some wine that always pops out of nowhere. I sighed. I don't wanna have this wedding anytime soon. I don't want to have this wedding ever.

"Mother" I tried thinking of some words to make her somewhat agree. "I don't think I'm ready to have a wedding" I can tell by the look on her face that she doesn't agree at all. "Sweetie I don't want to have this conversation again! Now, go eat your breakfast Florence made" she hurried out before I could say anything.

"Oh mother! If only I could tell you how much I hate that man" I mumble to myself after she disappeared.

I only wish I could escape from this mess but with the anger coming from my mother this morning I don't wanna know where that thought will take me.

After finishing up my scrumptious corn bread and stew, I thanked Florence and thought maybe I should go out for a walk to freshen my mind a bit. And so I did.

Stepping out of the door and noticing the weather today looks quite beautiful. No petal seems to be falling from a flower. No leaves seem to be falling from the trees. And no clouds are in sight. Making it just the baby blue blanket cover above. Oh how I wish everyday could look and feel like this.

As I was walking through the deep forest behind my house I notice the sun rays shining through the trees just like how they were shining in my bedroom this morning. It gave me a warm feeling inside. The feeling felt like home, that's something I haven't felt in so long. The feeling made me hum. Humming expresses how calm I feel. How calm the warmth in my stomach feels. And the next thing I know, I'm singing one of my favorite songs called Hello Ba Baby. Chanting the lyrics through the forest and hearing the birds chirping a long.

Oh how beautiful our world is.

"You have a beautiful voice"

I was startled by a manly voice coming from the trees. The manly voice appeared out infront of me. Although I would've punched the man in the face because of their sudden appearance I'm glad I didn't, I would've made a fool of myself. The man was the man I met at my 17th birthday. Oh how I miss his existence near me. But my mother could be out here, oh no. My mother could see that I'm with a Basilwether.

"What are you doing here? I told you we can't be seen together" I look over ahead to make sure mother isn't around. "We aren't being seen, Aurora. Look around. It feels like we're the only ones to exist in this planet. Doesn't it?" He gives me one of those cheeky smiles. I must agree with him. It certainly doesn't feel like we're being watched at all. "But anyways, I love your voice. Do you sing often?" He starts walking the front direction while kicking rocks towards the river. "I don't find singing my passion" I start catching up to him. He looks over at me "Then what is your passion? Aurora" Oh the way he says my name. It brings me that warmth in my stomach once more. I've also never been ask that question before. Tho I do know the answer its just not something I normally ever shared.

"I hope someday Ill be able to write my own books" I bit my lip nervously to wait for a response. I have always thought my passion was dumb so who knows what this man will say. "It's ridiculous I know" I added.

"Oh it's not ridiculous at all. I find it quiet wonderful. I've just never been a fan of books" My eyes connect with his eyes. Making contact for a few seconds. Ugh his golden brown eyes always seem to make me melt inside. "And why is that?" I distracted myself.

"You know, it's always been words on a page for me" he starts picking up some fallen leaves off the floor and ripping them apart. "Well for me it's much more than that" I looked down at my dress and fixed it up a bit. I notice from the corner of my eye him smiling at me. Oh how much I wanted to turn and look at him completely.

"W-what's your passion? Tewkesbury" I love saying his name. I love saying each part of it. "I want to study more about plants when I grow up" What an interesting man he is.

"My father taught me which mushrooms are edible and which ones aren't. So you can call me an expert already" he gave me a smirk as to say he's the smartest man out there. "Oh really? Hand me a mushroom that is edible then..tewkesbury" I teased him and put out my hand out, waiting for his proof. He gave me a smile before looking around the place a bit and finding a mushroom. "There you go! I told you, I'm an expert at this stuff" He giggled, crossing his arms. "So you're saying I can eat this?" I questioned him before we continued walking. "Not right now. We'll just have to get a fire going and we'll be good"

After a bit of chitchatting we found ourselves near a wide lake. The silent waters glistening from the sunshine above. And the visible fish swimming happily under. "I don't really know if I should be out here. My mother told me I shall only stay in the nearby area" I sighed.

"Don't be such a buffoon Aurora! Wouldn't it be nice to have a bit of fun?" Tewkesbury exclaimed before grabbing my hand gently. "Come on!"

I will say, I've only ever met tewkesbury for about a day now but It feels like I've known him for ages.

"Be careful" he says as we were faltering above bumpy rocks. After walking for another 5 minutes we found this tiny spot hidden in the trees. Tewkesbury set out some logs to sit upon and a fireplace in the center. The sky above dawned, and the moon showed its light

"You still have that mushroom with you?" He says while warming his hands together above the fire. Nodding my head and handing it to him. "Find me a stick" he demanded. "What?" I said in confusion. "A stick- I need a stick" I shrugged my shoulders and looked around without getting up from the log and thankfully I found a long slim stick right across from me. "There you go"

He takes the stick, brushing and cleaning the tip of it, and sticks it into the mushroom. "Here. You're gonna wanna twist the stick around above the fire to get the mushroom nice and toasted" he handed me the stick and I smiled at his intelligence. Not that I didn't expect it from him because I totally did.

"You're a very smart man tewkesbury" I complimented him as I roasted the mushroom. "And a very beautiful one as well" I know what you're thinking. Why would you say that? You're going to marry another man. Well tewkesbury was the one to call me beautiful the first day we met, so I'm making it even..

"Why thank you, darling" Oh how magical that sentence of his was. Darling. He says.

Darling

Giving each other gazes. Admiring each glistening shine that catches one another's eye. Admiring the little details we learn from each other's faces. Admiring the thought of being in the others head.

"Uh- Aurora. Your mushroom is ready" I jump out of my daydream and look over at my half burnt mushroom. Giving tewkesbury an awkward smile as I take a small bite on the mushroom. It was surprisingly really good.

"Well I better go on then. My mother is probably worried sick at the moment" I get up from the log after finishing up my mushroom. Tewkesbury nods and blows out the fireplace.

"Alright then. I'll see you around" I really didn't want to have to leave but it was already dark out and I didn't want to worry my mother. "Yes...I like having you around tewkesbury" I shyly murmured. He gives me a tight smile "i like having you around too Aurora" I give him a smile back  and nod before walking my way back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 46 9
You used to see Tewksbury like a brother. Until you were 14...and began flirting. You still both hadn't realized you liked each other. Till 2 years l...
16.8K 291 16
I know she's in denial about her feelings towards me, but I'm just glad she feel something towards me. I can't imagine my life without her. She wa...
66.8K 3.6K 23
ꜛKeep the girl alive, kill the people after her, and for God's sake--don't fall in love with her. ꜛ fem!reader , ©kingdombyers COPYRIGHTED!! I do no...
338K 9.6K 39
"don't you dare fall in love with me, tewksbury. i might have to kill you if you do." - two teenagers. an arranged marriage. both determined to rid t...