Forever Yours

נכתב על ידי FonzFan

Sequel. Follow Severus and Katherine and their family and friends, through their complicated lives after the... עוד

NOTICE
Prologue 1: Fallen Soldiers
Prologue 2: A Young Man Dreams
Chapter 1: Home At Last
Chapter 2: Tell Me Everything
Chapter 3: Reunion
Chapter 4: Becoming a Real Prince
Chapter 5: The Prophet's Report, Part 1
Chapter 6: The Prophet's Report, Part 2
Chapter 7: Mr. Prince Goes to Town
Chapter 8: Union Station
Chapter 9: This is Who You Are
Chapter 10: Father & Son
Chapter 11: OWLs
Chapter 12: St. Augustine's
Chapter 13: Potions, Snitches & Nightmares
Chapter 14: Wakanda
Chapter 16: The Green Steam Engine
Chapter 17: Wounds We Keep Hidden From View
Chapter 18: Spoofhounds vs. Sidewinders
Chapter 19: All Hallows Eve
Chapter 20: A Peaceful Moon
Chapter 21: A Letter, A Bond and the Witch
Chapter 22: Christmas Shopping Chaos
Chapter 23: A Family Christmas Part 1
Chapter 24: A Family Christmas Part 2
Chapter 25: A Family Christmas Part 3
Chapter 26: Starting A New Year
Chapter 27: Re-Bonding & Re-Healing
Chapter 28: Forgiveness Begins the Healing
Chapter 29: A Big Decision
Chapter 30: "Coming of Age"
Chapter 31: I Remember You
Chapter 32: Training Days
Chapter 33: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 1
Chapter 34: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 2
Chapter 35: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 3
Chapter 36: Her First
Chapter 37: The Final Journey
Chapter 38: Turning One
Chapter 39: Sev's Fortieth
Chapter 40: "Something Unexpected"
Chapter 41: "Life Decisions"
Chapter 42: The Greatest Game Ever Played, Part 1
Chapter 43: The Greatest Game Ever Played Part 2
Chapter 44: The Greatest Game Ever Played Part 3
Chapter 45: Graduation Day
Chapter 46: Draft Day

Chapter 15: Birthday Kisses

857 45 6
נכתב על ידי FonzFan

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the people or places that belong to the wonderful world of Harry Potter, as they belong to J.K. Rowling. The OCs (Katherine, Septimus, Helena, Christoph, Elisa, Henry, Nick, Justin, Kyle, Carlos, Mike, Nurse Canter, Headmaster Jeremy Mickels, Hunfrith, Olwen, Huffie, Sorsek, Bilik, Fossum, Lars, Sven, David Suttington, Darius Prescott, Gerard's, Grace, Zielinski & Wakanda) are entirely my own.

-----------------------------------

It was settled. After Christoph and Severus returned from Wakanda's that afternoon, the two wizards decided on confronting Katherine about her decision as soon as possible. Severus was furious at first; he was bound and determine to all but chew her up and spit her out.

Severus paced wildly across the living room, as he barked out possible dates that would work for the revising of the spell. Christoph sat in the chair with pen and paper in hand, writing as quickly as he could.

"Any dates in January?" Christoph asked. Severus' pacing faltered for a moment, but he resumed quickly.

"No," Severus stated, as a deeper scowl appeared on his face.

"Are you sure?" Christoph frowned. "Isn't your birthday in January?"

"Yes," Severus spat. "But that date does not hold meaning for both of us."

"Oh, I don't know about that Severus," Christoph said, as he leaned back in his chair. "Katherine celebrated your birthday every year. They would light a candle and say a blessing for you. They did this every year, and when Septimus went off to school...she was lost. She'd lock herself away here, alone."

"I didn't...I didn't know," Severus sighed, as he stopped his pacing. "Katherine was the only one who ever made anything out of that day. I've been a fool. I never remembered hers; I only would remember after Narcissa would send her something, and then it was usually too late."

"Look at it this way," Christoph said. "You have the rest of your life to make it up to her. Alright so, January's out. What about February?"

"No," Severus snarled. "And don't even bring up Valentine's Day. I almost lost her that day over a year and a half ago, so I rather not think about that day at all."

"Okay," Christoph muttered, as he scribbled on the paper. "March. Katherine's birthday, or..."

"The twenty-fourth," Severus murmured.

"The twenty-fourth?" Christoph frowned at first, but then his eyes went wide. "The date of your bonding."

"Yes," Severus sighed.

"That's about three months after the baby's born," Christoph stated.

"I know," Severus said, running a hand through his hair. "It will be three months too long as far as I'm concerned. But it's the closest date we have."

"Are we still going to talk to her about this today?" Christoph asked, as he threw down the paper and pen onto the coffee table.

"Yes," Severus snarled. "I want to find out why she did such an idiotic thing. She was far more important to the mission than I was. She knew more, heard more, saw more. Why would she do such a foolish thing as to risk her own life?" Both wizards dropped into silence, contemplating Katherine's choice.

"Love," Christoph stated finally.

"What?"

"Did you ever think it could be because she loves you?" Christoph asked curiously. "How many women out there would willingly split their soul to protect the man they claim to love? I think...that many would say they would, as where far fewer would actually do it.

"You and Katherine have something much stronger than most couples," Christoph said, as he ran a hand through his short sandy brown hair. "Do you how many couples would love to have the connection you two have? I would...Elisa's commented on it now and again. Katherine's love for you runs deeper than you think; and in the years I known her, I know she protects the ones she loves...fiercely. You, and Septimus, are at the top of her priority list."

Severus opened his mouth to respond, but was cut off by the roar of the floo flaring up. Elisa stepped out first, holding several shopping bags and grinning from ear to ear. Severus frowned at the overload in the witch's hands, but his features softened as Katherine came through the fireplace.

Katherine looked horribly tired; her eyes were squinted and her forehead was creased, as one hand clutched a small bag to her side. Her clear ice blue colored eyes looked dull and dark, and her porcelain skin was whiter than ever before. Her beautiful blonde hair hung lifeless around her face and shoulders, which were slumped heavily.

"Oh good," Elisa piped up, as she sat down her bags and brushed off her robes. "Here you boys are! You just have to see what we bought for the baby!"

"Elisa," Katherine muttered, rubbing her forehead with her free hand. "Can't it wait until later."

"Oh Katherine," Elisa scoffed. "You never were one for shopping. Are you at least a bit excited about all the things we bought?"

"Ecstatic," Katherine mumbled, her reply laced with sarcasm. "Show them if you want Elisa, but I think I going to go lie down for a bit. Our little shopping trip has made me rather tired." Katherine quickly walked over to Severus and planted a hastened kiss on his cheek, before stopping to glance into his eyes.

"Katherine?" Severus' voice echoed through her mind. "Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine," Katherine told him. "I just need a good nap, that's all." Swiftly, she turned on her heels and made her way into the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

"I just don't understand," Elisa muttered. "She was the same way when she was pregnant with Septimus."

"Leave Katherine alone Elisa," Christoph scolded his wife. "Not every witch has the urge to shop and buy everything in sight when they're pregnant."

"Are you implying something Christoph?" Elisa snapped, as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"No dear," Christoph sighed. "I just thought that maybe you would like to know what we've found out."

"Wait," Severus said, waving his wand around the room, casting a spell so they wouldn't disturb Katherine.

"Anyway," Christoph said, as Elisa sat down on the couch and Severus took the other chair. "We found a book in the study with Wakanda's name in it, so we went to see her."

"And?"

"She said that it was a spell that Katherine used on herself to transfer a part of her soul to mine," Severus explained. "She thought it would make my soul whole again after taking Albus' life, but the thing was, it wasn't necessary. My soul never split due to my regret for taking his life. Because the spell was still successful, a fracture of Katherine's soul is attached to mine, which is why we can feel each others' pain."

"And can it be reversed?" Elisa said, looking back and forth between each of the wizards.

"Yes," Christoph sighed. "But it can't done until after the baby is born, because it would cause the death of the child."

"So we have no choice but to wait," Elisa sighed. "Severus, as Katherine's healer, I suggest you try to either occlude your mind or take a Dreamless Sleep Draught before going to bed. That should help with the transfer of pain during sleep."

"And what about when Katherine goes into labor?" Christoph asked, watching his wife intently.

"I don't know," Elisa sighed heavily. "But luckily we have a while to figure that out. The baby isn't due for another twenty-one weeks."

----------------------------------------------

After Christoph and Elisa left, Severus slipped silently into the master bedroom. The curtains on the windows and the ones on the French doors were drawn shut, casting the room into darkness, even though it was only four in the afternoon. Severus quietly padded his way over to the bed and took in the sight of the sleeping witch.

Katherine had changed into a nightgown, and was currently resting on her left side under a thin bed sheet. Gently, Severus sat down on the edge of the bed and carefully reached out to brush a few stray golden locks from her face. Dark eyelashes fluttered against the porcelain skin as he did so, but she never woke. The frown had been erased from her face, and her right hand was delicately draped over her belly.

"Why of all people did you choose me?" Severus whispered, as he tenderly caressed her cheek with the back of his fingers. "Nevertheless, we've been through worse and have pulled through it...and we can make it through this too."

---------------------------------------------------

A week and a half had passed by quietly. Severus would often enough occlude his mind at night before turning in, but there were some nights that he would slip himself a Dreamless Sleep Draught, only if he had a lot on his mind.

The morning of Saturday, August ninth had started out like normal, but Severus noticed something different with the boy, when Septimus returned from his run. Septimus had taken more time than normal, in the bathroom; probably showering and whatnot. Then when the boy returned to the breakfast table, he acted fidgety and overanxious.

"Merlin's sakes Septimus, sit still," Severus grumbled from behind the morning edition of The Journal. "What's gotten into you this morning?"

"Sorry," Septimus muttered, as he picked at his breakfast.

"What time is Helena coming over?" Katherine asked, as she sipped from a glass of orange juice.

"Not soon enough," Severus mumbled into the print in front of him, which earned him a slap on the thigh, from under the table.

"Stop that Sev."

"About one o'clock," Septimus said. "I hope she likes my present."

"I'm sure she will," Katherine smiled softly at her son, as they continued on with their breakfast.

-------------------------------

As one o'clock rolled around, the floo flared up and emitted the slender figure of a young woman.

"Septimus!" Helena called, as she brushed the soot off of herself.

"Hello Helena," Katherine said, as she walked into the living room from the study. "Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you Katherine," Helena said, as she moved to hug her godmother. "Where's Septimus?"

"He is down on the pier waiting for you," Katherine told her, as she released the young woman.

"Thanks," Helena grinned, as she quickly turned to head outside and down to the dock.

The sky was clear blue, without a cloud to be seen. It was a beautiful day overall, but for the young man sitting on the pier, it was a day that could possibly change his life. Septimus closed his eyes and took a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm his nerves, but it didn't seem to help much. He still felt jumpy and his hands still shook not matter what he did.

The soft crunching of grass and twigs beneath feet caused Septimus to turned his head back towards the house. There standing at the edge of the pier was Helena. A soft smile graced her face as she saw him. Slowly she began to walk towards him.

Septimus inhaled sharply as he drank her in, as she looked very beautiful to him in the afternoon sun. Her skin was kissed lightly from the summer sun, and her blonde hair showed off some of its' red tints in the bright light. She had curled her hair too today, as the soft locks hung just down pass her shoulder. Helena's hazel eyes glittered in the sunlight, emitting the different shades of green, amber and even a touch of blue.

"Hi Septimus," Helena said softly, as she approached the bench where Septimus was sitting.

"Hey Helena," Septimus said, as he rose from his seat. "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks," Helena whispered, as she nervously tucked a stray hair behind her ear. Septimus gestured her to take a seat, then followed her down onto the pier's wooden bench. The two sat in silence for a bit before Septimus finally cleared his throat.

"Oh...um...here," Septimus sputtered, as he dug a small box out of his pocket and held it out for Helena to take.

"Thanks," Helena whispered again, as she took the box carefully from his hands and placed it in her lap. Slowly she began to unwrap it and opened the box. Helena gasped softly, as her eyes landed on the contents inside. It was a silver necklace with a silver heart pendent. It was simple, with no jewels or complicated metal work, but to her it was perfect.

"Oh Sept," Helena gasped as she took the necklace out. "It's beautiful!"

"Here," Septimus said, taking the gift from her hands and indicating for her to turn around. Gently she pulled her hair out of the way, and inhaled sharply as Septimus placed the chain around her neck; his fingers lingered for a moment on her soft skin at the base of the back of her neck before pulling away.

"Do you like it?" Septimus asked nervously, as Helena turned back towards him with a shy smile on her face.

"Yes," Helena said softly. "Thank you so much. It's so beautiful."

"Helena," Septimus continued, taking a deep breath. "I wanted to ask you something."

"Okay."

"Helena," Septimus said. "I was hoping you would consider, maybe, being my girlfriend."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Septimus said, swallowing hard. "I would like you to be my girlfriend."

"Oh Sept," Helena said, as she threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him closely. "Yes."

"Really?" Septimus muttered in her hair.

"Yes," Helena smiled as she pulled back to look at him. Black eyes met hazel for a moment, before Septimus lowered his head a bit. Suddenly, his lip met her soft ones in a gentle kiss, not once but twice. He could feel Helena smiling as she kissed him the second time, and he couldn't help but smile himself. The young couple settled into each other's arms, fully unaware that they were being watched from the porch of the house, where Severus and Katherine were also sitting, wrapped in each other's arms.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

52.1K 1.5K 38
A new professor arrives at Hogwarts and Severus Snape could not be more annoyed that Defense Against the Dark Arts was given to someone new, but what...
42.4K 894 28
Set during the Goblet of Fire, we follow the TRUE hero of the Harry Potter series - Severus Snape. Severus meets a healer from the Beauxbatons who ca...
79.7K 3.2K 42
After coming to terms with her past, Ms Sofia Greene chooses to develop a stable career at Hogwarts. For over 4 years, she was known as one of the mo...
65 4 1
An inside look at the lives of the Snape family in which Voldemort reigns and Harry Potter is dead. rated m in case Chapter 2 & 3 available on ff