🖇) 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬. (akaashi...

By -HIORIYO

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ [secrets.] ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌ Katana Miya, a girl obsessed with volleyball, is forced to move wit... More

·˚✎ ﹏ p. 000
·˚✎ ﹏𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖢𝖳𝖤𝖱𝖲.
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 001
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 002
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 003
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 004
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 005
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 006
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 008

·˚✎ ﹏ c. 007

57 4 0
By -HIORIYO

▂▂▂▂
┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊
♡ ┊ ┊
⋆。˚ ┊ ♡
┊⋆。˚

⋆。˚

                ╭┈─────── ྀ࿐ ˊˎ-
                ╰┈ a new school means
                              new friends!
                   .˚ ┊͙
                  * ❤︎

"Do you guys have any left overs that you could make into a bento for me?" Kuroo called upon entering the Kosume household.

Kenma glanced out of the kitchen and towards his friend, eyebrow quirked at the rooster head before muttering in annoyance at how Kuroo probably had a bottomless pit for a stomach.

"And just how many bentos did your poor mother have to make you today?" Katana called back, finishing hers and Kenma's own bentos, wrapping them up and placing Kenma's into his outstretched hands, smiling in amusement at the look the introverted volleyball player gave her.

It was definitely different from the kinds of bentos his mom would usually make, but it was nice to see a variety, right? He wasn't entirely sure what Katana had packed for him, but he would roll with it. It couldn't be too bad, could it?

Kuroo glanced down in thought, debating on telling the ravenette of the third bento he'd coerced his mother into making for him. "Uhh- two?" Kuroo replied, cringing at the fact that his answer came out as more of a question than an answer.

"Uh huh, and that's completely believable," Katana replied with an amused eye roll. "Whatever, however many bentos you have, here's another. I felt like you would ask if we had any extras, so I just made you one with the leftovers. It's not as much as Kenma and I have, but it's still a decent amount, I'd say." Katana replied, holding out a third wrapped bento towards the middle blocker, much to his pleasure.

"Thank you, Miya-chan!" He exclaimed, bounding forward to claim the third bento Katana had made before she changed her mind and took it back.

"Y'know, it's so weird to hear people call me "Miya," but that's probably because I have twin bothers, same year, so I've always just told people to call me Katana," Katana mused, her eyes thoughtful as she glanced at Kuroo who gave her a confused look. "Anyways- what I'm trying to say is that you can just call me Katana." At least, that's what she thought she was trying to indirectly say. It sounded reasonable, right? Maybe not? Who knew.

"Oh- alright, Katana-chan," Kuroo replied, a bit taken aback. Kenma could only scoff quietly at the exchange, rolling his eyes at his friend before looking back down at his gaming console. "You can call me Tetsurō if you want, then, or Kuro like Kenma does."

"Alright, Kuro-kun," Katana replied with a gentle smile. "Anyways, we should probably head to school now, right?"

"Yeah, we'll need to catch the train and then the walk from the station isn't too long, but it's still nice to get there early," Kuroo replied with a nod.

"Alright! Let me grab my backpack really quick, then we can head off," Katana replied, walking — almost skipping — off, back to her room where she'd left her bag next to the door.

"You know she's just another person, right?" Kenma questioned his friend quietly once Katana was out of earshot. Kuroo jumped at his sudden question, scoffing and rolling his eyes at his gamer friend.

"Of course I know that, Kenma," Kuroo replied, crossing his arms as he waited by the shorter setter.

"Well, just thought I'd remind you," Kenma replied quietly, his attention going back to his game as Katana reappeared in front of the pair with a small smile.

"Ready? Let's go," Katana questioned, bounding out the door without waiting for her companions.

"Miy- Katana-chan, wait for us," Kuroo called after the girl, heading outside after the ravenette, Kenma just sighing to himself at his two hyperactive companions, closing the door and following behind them, his eyes still stuck on his game.

.
. ⋆

· . °
📖 ~
. ⋆

. ·

Once the trio had walked onto the Nekoma campus, Kuroo immediately split from the group, heading over to find his volleyball teammates, namely Yaku and Kai.

Katana went to call for Kuroo to question him on where she was supposed to go, only to find that he was already out of sight, and Kenma wasn't any help because he, too, was already heading away, his eyes glued to his gaming console as he walked. Other students avoided him, some spitting insults at him for not watching where he was going as he walked, though he actually was, he just didn't care enough to stop playing his game.

Now Katana stood alone at the gates of Nekoma High School, looking completely and utterly lost. She was stuck standing at the gates because she had no clue where she was supposed to go, and she was getting glared at and spat at for standing immobile, making people go around her as she stood there.

It wasn't until a gentle hand was placed on her shoulder did Katana realize she was extremely close to having a panic attack right then and there.

Almost jumping out of her skin, Katana glanced over carefully to where the hand came from, dark bluex almost grey eyes meeting striking aqua eyes. A gentle smile was placed on the aqua eyed beauty's face as she gazed at Katana.

"Are you new here?" The girl questioned, having noticed Katana's lost looking demeanor.

"Yeah, just a bit," Katana replied softly, taking in the other girls appearance. She was a bit shorter than Katana herself, with waist length blond hair and pink tips, fair skin and beautifully striking aqua blue eyes.

"I could tell," the blond beauty laughed softly, casting the girl a gentle smile. "So am I, what class?"

"Oh- uh- class six," Katana replied carefully, eyes not leaving the girl, watching as she beamed in excitement at the girl.

"Same here!" The blond replied. "I'm Nakaya Kaiya, first year, class six," she introduced, hand outstretched for Katana to shake.

"Oh! It's nice to meet you, Nakaya-san, I'm Miya Katana, first year, class six," she introduced herself, hand taking Kaiya's in a firm handshake.

Nakaya laughed softly, withdrawing her hand when Katana let her hand go. "Let's try to find out class, yeah?" At the question, Katana nodded in agreement, falling into step beside Kaiya. "Also, you can just call me Kaiya, as my bother is known more as "Nakaya" than I am. Most people have just called me Kaiya for as long as I can remember, it's just kind of stuck. I don't really mind the informalities of someone I just met calling me by my first name."

"I understand that, it's the same with me. Though my brothers aren't here with me, but I've always felt weird going by "Miya" because then there would be three of us going by "Miya," so I've just come used to introducing myself as Katana to others, so go ahead and just call me Katana." Katana hadn't ever met someone who felt the same way about formalities as she did. She respected them, of course, but she didn't really mind if people used them with her or not.

Kaiya nodded along in understanding, steering them towards where their class should be. When the pair caught sight of the sign that read "1-6" they smiled at each other and headed over, only stopping at the loud exclamation of "KAIYA-CHAN" to which Kaiya signed, turning towards where the call had come from. Many students were stepping aside as a guy with a mohawk forced his way through, the students hoping to avoid getting trampled as he made his way through the halls.

"What do you want, Tora-kun?" Kaiya questioned when he was within earshot, sending Katana an apologetic glance.

"I just wanted to wish you a good luck today, as well as ask if you would come to the volleyball tryouts," "Tora" replied upon reaching the blond.

"Thanks, Tora-kun, and yeah, I was planning on going. My brother wants me to go so we can walk home together," Kaiya replied with a soft sigh.

"Volleyball tryouts, huh? I was going to go as well," Katana spoke up from behind Kaiya, causing the pair to glance at Katana, Tora in confusion and Kaiya in relief. "My cousin is trying out as well, and his friend, who's already in the team, promised that if I waited for tryouts to end, he'd walk home with us." She explained.

"Thank god, I thought I would've been the only person there that would go crazy over the players," Kaiya replied in relief. Katana could only laugh in amusement as Tora stepped forward.

"Who's this beauty?" Tora questioned Kaiya, eyes not leaving Katana, causing her to shrink back at the attention she was getting from the mohawk male.

"This is Miya Katana, she's in my class and she's my new friend," Kaiya replied, tugging Katana away from the girl crazy boy. "This is a childhood friend, Yamamoto Taketora." And with the introduction out of the way, Kaiya disappeared with Katana into the classroom, leaving Yamamoto Taketora to stare at nothing, earning glares from students that were trying to enter their classroom.

Not too long after that little encounter, the bell rang and their home room teacher entered the classroom, introducing herself and then saying they'd be using a seating chart. The class groaned at this, though no one outwardly protested, going along with whatever the teacher told them.

.
. ⋆

· . °
📖 ~
. ⋆

. ·

When class was over, the final bell having rung, Kaiya and Katana met up at Kaiya's desk, both having agreed to head to the volleyball tryouts together over lunch.

When the pair was ready, they quickly headed out of the classroom, almost running into Yamamoto Taketora, who was seemingly waiting for the pair as if he wanted to talk them to the gym himself.

"Tora-kun, we said we'd be going to the tryouts, was it really necessary to wait outside the classroom for us?" Kaiya muttered, pulling Katana along with her, walking in front of Yamamoto.

"Yeah, I know that, but your brother..." Yamamoto replied carefully, glancing away from the easily irritable blond.

"I swear, that prick," Kaiya huffed, rolling her eyes. "What, does he think I'm so incompetent that I can't find my own way to the gym I've been to so many times already? What? Do I need an escort everywhere I go now?"

"Breath," Katana murmured, placing a gentle hand on the blonds arm, hoping the action would bring the blond out of her ramblings and back to reality. "I'm sure he's just being the overprotective brother type. Believe me, my own brothers probably would've done the same," Katana tried reassuring the girl that it wasn't just her that dealt with an overbearing, overprotective brother.

"Brothers, plural, god, just thinking about having two brothers gives me the chills," Kaiya muttered, glancing over at her newfound friend in sympathy. "And they're twins, right?"

"Yes, and they're annoying as hell, but I know they mean well," Katana replied with a soft sigh, shaking her head at the thought of her brothers.

Yamamoto simply walked behind the girls, looking like he wanted to yell or input something into the conversation, though there really wasn't anything he could say or input into the conversation that wouldn't cause the girls to become annoyed with him.

When the trio reached the gym, Yamamoto departed from them, directing to the stands they could sit at before he headed into the locker room to change.

The two girls followed his directions, sitting near the middle of the bleachers, keeping to themselves, waving to the people they were there to wait for. Kaiya looked like she wanted to punch her brother when she saw him, only just holding back because Katana was beside her, whereas Katana beamed and sent a wave towards Kuroo, the bed head doing the same when he saw the ravenette. Kenma, on the other hand, was less enthusiastic when Katana sent him a wave. Then the pair of girls went back to talking, about what? Who knew, the conversation kept jumping from one thing to another and back again.

And when tryouts were finished, the girls split, saying their goodbyes, promising to meet by the gates the next day, exchanging numbers, then splitting ways when their respective parties stepped out of the locker rooms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 63 29
Go Yerim is a foreign exchange student who moved to Japan on her first year of High School. Her mentor being a Pro Volleyball Player recommend her t...
306K 9.3K 67
The Miya brothers became famous in high school. Almost everyone into high school volleyball had heard of their incredible combo. They were a pair to...
159K 4.8K 47
Suzume grew up playing volleyball with her brother. She was right-handed, but after being so inspired by her brother, she was determined to make her...
213K 8.2K 100
ᴀ ᴛᴀʟʟ ᴡᴀʟʟ ʟᴏᴏᴍs ɪɴғʀᴏɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ʙʟᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪᴅᴇ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘ, ɪs sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ sᴇᴇɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. "𝐃...