·˚✎ ﹏ c. 001

▂▂▂▂
┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊
♡ ┊ ┊
⋆。˚ ┊ ♡
┊⋆。˚

⋆。˚

                ╭┈─────── ྀ࿐ ˊˎ-
                ╰┈ making a name!
                   .˚ ┊͙
                  * ❤︎

Time skip to when Katana was 14

It had been a good six years since Katana Miya had been ripped from her brothers and brought to the Miyagi Prefecture to live with their father. But she didn't like dwelling on the past. What good would that do? It would mean you miss out on the good things in life, like her current situation right now.

"Ogawa, over here!" Takao Kisho called, waving his arms wildly to catch the first year setters attention.

It wasn't completely out of the ordinary for the Shiratorizawa junior high boys volleyball team to be playing a practice match against themselves, but the thing that was most surprising to any outside observer was the fact that, in the front middle position, Katana Miya stood, watching the ball on the other side of the net as it went up to Takao Kisho. Following the ball and jumping up, Katana pulled off a successful block, slamming the ball back down on the other side of the net.

Now, since it was only really a game the team was playing for fun, the starting middle blocker, Nakagawa Ryoichi, was on the opposite side of the net, eyes watching Katana's form jealously from his position. It wasn't anything special that the girl had pulled off. She was simply playing the game the best she could with the boys team, which wasn't hard considering she knew enough about how rough guys matches could get thanks to how much time she would spend with the Shiratorizawa junior high guys volleyball club team rather than her own volleyball team.

Let's face it, Kata never really got along all too well with girls her age, or girls in general. What with her father and brothers being the only other major players in her life, she grew up with a lot of male influence. Of course, she still knew how to act all lady-like, she wasn't completely clueless of how she should usually act when not around the Shiratorizawa guys volleyball team. But when she was with them, she could be who she was so used to being. They didn't mind that she didn't act like a lady. To them, she was simply "one of the guys."

"Nice kill," Kata's teammates chorused, Tendō Satori coming up to his protege with his hands out for a high ten.

Of all the guys on the volleyball team, Katana was closest to Tendō Satori and Semi Eita. Though both were a year older than her, the trio got along extremely well together, the three of them hanging out the most whenever all three of them weren't busy, which was very often. Satori and Eita would often visit Katana's place to study for school, be it tests or working on homework. And though she wasn't in their classes, she seemed to understand their homework perfectly with a simple look at the worksheets.

"Thanks," Katana panted, giving Tendō his desired high ten before she refocused on the game, the right side hitter going to the serving position. Her concentration never wavered. When she played the game, her focus went from 10 to 100 within the blink of an eye, especially when playing with the boys team.

It was something everyone on the boys team admired about her. Of course, there were many other things everyone on the team admired about her, her commitment to the game, her desire to improve, the way she just made you want to continue playing despite the fact your team might be losing, and many more reasons. But what stuck with them the most was her ability to concentrate so intently, her gaze never wavering from the path the ball took. That was one thing that made her such a great player. Her ability to track the balls every move.

Upon the serve going up, Katana watched the team on the other side of the net get ready to receive the serve, noting that the first year libero seemed to focus all his attention on the ball. That was one thing Kata admired in all of the Shiratorizawa junior high boys volleyball club. Their complete and utter devotion and dedication to the game. It's what helped her bond with the team, and more importantly, with Tendō and Semi. If she hadn't of hit that ball over her fence that night, she never would've met the intense middle blocker and his standoffish friend.

She had definitely thanked her twin brothers Atsumu and Osamu for getting her hooked on the sport whenever she would go back to Hyōgō for a visit. The three of them had gotten involved in elementary school, and though they all started at the same time, they definitely did not progress the same. Osamu grew into the position of wing spiker, Atsumu grew a love for the position of setter, and thanks to Tendō, Katana found her true abilities lying within being a middle blocker.

When the siblings would play together, though Katana rarely got the chance to practice with her brothers as much, they were an unstoppable force when all of them were in the front line. With Katana read blocking and leading her brothers during blocks, Osamu's passion and ability to hit the ball from just about anywhere, and Atsumu's elegant sets, the trio were a force to be reckoned with. Well, they were a force to be reckoned with when the twins weren't fighting and Kata had been able to practice with them a little before hopping into a practice match.

Of course, there were times the three were completely out of sync, but those times were few and far between the older the trio got. They were able to communicate better, which then allowed for better teamwork.

Shaking herself out of thoughts of her brothers, Kata refocused on the game, watching the libero receive the ball with little difficulty, passing it up to the setter, Ogawa Arakan. Ogawa, though new to the team, knew just how good a blocker Kata was. He set up for a quick with Nakagawa, though not before trying to faint Kata out. Kata knew it was coming. Even with Ogawa's faint, Kata kept her eyes on the ball. She suspected his quick attack set up, eyes not wavering from the path of the ball. The moment it left Ogawa's hands, Katana jumped up, arms outstretched above her, hands positioned over the net to come into contact with the ball as Nakagawa tried to slam it down.

"One touch!" Kata yelled, watching as the ball arced over her head. It was received with ease by third year libero, Yamagata Hayato, his shoes squeaking against the gym floor as he moved. The ball was then passed up to the third year setter, Semi Eita. Semi, who had practiced quicks with Kata many times, set the ball to Katana, who pulled off a precise quick, her shoes squeaking against the floor as she ran up to hit the ball, which blew past the other blockers and landed with a satisfying boom on the gym floor as the ball impacted with the floor.

Heavy breathes could be heard from both teams, a few with their hands on their hips as if that would help them regain their breath. The whistle blew, the ref of the game, another player, giving the point to Kata's team and ending the set and the match. Both teams had been almost equally matched, though of course the team with their starting lineup would be stronger, especially with Katana playing with them. The sets had ended in 27:25 and 29:27 points, respectively.