Bridge Of Legacy

By WinterMelody_98

BOOK 1 in 'Bridge Series' Crystal always considered herself to be unique, because it wasn't everyday that a h... More

Author's Note
FEATURED AND RANKINGS
CHARACTERS
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5 (Part 1)
Chapter - 5(Part 2)
Author's Note
Chapter - 7
Chapter 8
Chapter-9
Chapter 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13 (Part 1)
Chapter - 13 (Part 2)
Chapter - 13 (Part 3)
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter 40
Bridge Of Secrecy

Chapter - 6

2.3K 80 51
By WinterMelody_98

Xavier's POV

"We can't find her Xavier." Aiden says in a broken voice.

"Where could that dummy go?" Jake said in a low voice.

It has been 3 weeks since Crystal left and nothing has been the same. Everyone was worried about her. Her family and friends were worried about her safety as she has no one except them, in this world.

She left without a word only leaving a letter behind stating she is leaving the pack for good. Everyone thought she got fed up with being the only human in the pack, but I knew the real reason. She left because of me. I was the reason she left, if only I had rejected her when she asked. She wouldn't have felt the need to leave.

But how could I just reject her like that, I loved her. I have loved her for the longest time I could remember. I was so delighted to find out that she was my mate, that it can't be explained. The only reason I pushed her away and ignored her was her own safety. When at the age of 12 I finally realized what danger would come upon her from being close to me, I started pushing her away. I never imagined she would take a step like this, we could have talked about this and come to a solution.

I even asked Melanie if she knew something but she denied. Though I have an inner feeling that she knows where Crystal went. It's a wonder how a single girl could break me down even without lifting a finger, or rather just vanishing into thin air.

"What should we do now?" Cameron asked. We were currently all huddled around my desk thinking of every possible way to track down my mate and bring her back, though no one yet knew Crystal is my mate.

"We should keep on looking, maybe contact other packs and ask them to help us out." Jake suggested.

"If you haven't forgotten we are the only pack in this area. The other one is on the other side of the city." Aiden stated.

"Is Crystal living in the city then?" Cameron pipped in.

"Xavier, we have to look in the city. I don't want my sister to die in the hands of some goons. She doesn't even know how to fight." Gemma demanded.

My wolf growled in my head at the idea of our mate getting hurt. There was a light knock on the door, Jake got up to open it revealing a sad looking Minerva.

"Mom..what are you doing here?" Gemma asked, getting up and moving towards her mother. She guided her mother into the room and took a seat on the couch.

"I want to talk to Xavier." Minerva said looking me straight in the eye. I nodded and signaled the others to leave.

"No. Let everyone stay, they should listen too." Minerva said, stopping everyone from leaving the room. Everyone took their seats again.

She took a deep breath and said " I want you all to stop looking for Crystal." Shocking everyone in the room.

"WHAT? How could you say this?" Gemma shouted.

"She could be in danger." Jake added.

"I know, you all are worried about her, but she asked herself to be left alone." Minerva reasoned.

"How can you just accept that?" Gemma scoffed.

"Because I know my daughter Gemma. I raised her. I know how strong she is, she knows how to fight if not physically." Her eyes welled up as she said those words.

"And she clearly requested to not look for her. I want to respect her only wish. Please." She requested.

"But what if.." Jake started

"She is safe Jake. A mother's instinct knows." Minerva interrupted Jake.

The way she spoke, told me that she might have got hold of something important but was not letting it out.

"I would like you all to stop worrying about Crystal. She wanted you all to be happy and safe." With that said she left the room.

"How can she be so ridiculous." Gemma huffed leaving the room in annoyance. Jake and Cameron followed her.

"I will take my leave too." Aiden said before bowing and leaving the room, closing the door after him, leaving me to my thoughts.

I pulled at my hair feeling frustrated and broken, I longed for my mate; I wanted to hold her, protect her, heck even kiss her. I remember how I had sneaked into her room and watched her sleep. She looked so peaceful and perfect. I shouldn't have pushed her away that day, I should have shown her how I truly felt, but her statement of finding someone else has enraged my wolf and me. The idea of our mate with someone else didn't fit right and yet here I was missing her like crazy without even knowing where she is. My mind drifted to that day :

Flashback starts

The whole day after Crystal left my office I had this feeling of something crawling and gnawing at my heart, trying to tell me something but I couldn't exactly pin-point at it. I fidgeted around in my bed trying hard to fall asleep but I couldn't. It has become a habit of mine to visit my mate every night, to inhale her scent. Then only sleep would consume me. But I didn't go today, her words from earlier were still hurting and angering me. Pushing back the thoughts I tried to sleep again.

Getting up with a huff, I checked my clock; it read 3:55 a.m. The patrol group would be changing shifts now, I might as well go and check on them if I can't sleep. Maybe I could take a peek at my foolish mate too. A smile crept to my face, as I remembered her innocent face.

Changing into a grey track and a black t-shirt, I made my way towards the southern border, which was closer to Crystal's house. I was talking with the guy that was on patrol when I felt a tug in my heart. As if someone was leaving me, but who?

"Crystal." My wolf said, making my eyes widen in shock.

I sprinted at full speed towards her house to find it eerie in silence, climbing through the window I entered the room and headed towards the bed. She was lying there fully covering her body and face with the blankets - that was weird, she never covered her face. I slowly pulled away the covers to find pillows stacked with no sight of Crystal.

My feet wavered in shock, where is she? Did someone kidnap her? But then again the patrol would have sensed someone entering. I mind-linked the border patrol asking if anything unusual happened. No one reported anything suspicious.

I climbed out and sniffed the air to track her scent. I caught a whiff of her smell towards the eastern borders, and sprinted towards it. What was she doing in that area? That's the most secluded part. My wolf was clawing at me to give him control, and I obliged to him giving him full control.

We followed the scent, it was becoming harder as the smell seemed to fade away little by little. And the pain in my chest was also increasing making it hard for me to breathe. Mid way to the destination a bone piercing pain invaded my senses making it hard for me to stand and I collapsed on the forest floor. My body was burning and the feeling of losing a part of my soul was engulfing me as I lay there fighting to remain conscious. The last thing that my wolf whispered before I slipped into unconsciousness was

"She is gone."

Flashback ends

My wolf had stopped talking to me, he only comes forward when I need him to fulfill my Alpha duties. He had rebuked me of my idiocracy. And blamed me for our mate leaving us, to which I took full responsibility.

"Alpha!" Jake came rushing into my office. I looked at him bewildered at his rugged appearance. His eyes held the look of fear, and I knew something was wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crystal's POV

"Crystal, darling will you help me with the cookies?" Gabrielle called out from the kitchen.

I stopped cleaning the table and headed towards the kitchen.

" Here, take these cookies outside to display and bake the rest of them, I will head out and make the delivery" She said as I approached her.

"Aye Aye Captain." I replied, giving her a sailor salute.

Gabrielle laughed at my gesture and headed out.

I took the cookies out to display them; I hummed a small tune while working, I got interrupted as the bell chimed signalling the arrival of someone.

"Welcome to Creamy Creations" I greeted while turning around towards the counter.

"Hello beautiful" the all so familiar guy replied. I rolled my eyes at the guy.

Jay was a regular customer here. His grandmother loves the cheesecakes that Gabrielle makes and makes him buy them daily; when I first started staying with Gabrielle and worked here, I found Jay very annoying with his flirty remarks and cheesy names but slowly I grew on them, realizing he meant it in a funny manner.

"You know I have a name right?". I asked him.

"Well, I like calling you that. Beautiful" He replied with a grin.

I rolled my eyes once again before starting to pack a piece of cheesecake for him to take.

" So, how's life?" Jay asked, I just shrugged in response.

"Same old boring." I said.

"Uhm..have you thought about getting into a college." Jay asked. Gabrielle suggested I should continue my studies and get admitted into Jay's college, I am still contemplating about the idea.

"Still deciding. Will let you know when I make a decision." I said handing him the cake.

"Ok. Sure. See you later. Buh- bye cutie." He said sending a wink before leaving.

I shook my head at his cheesiness. He reminded me of Jake. I miss them so badly. In the last three weeks I thought many times to just go back, but held myself back. I have turned selfish.

I went inside to take out the remaining cookies and arranged everything in place and waited behind the counter for customers to come. Creamy Creations was not very popular but had a decent amount of regulars, it helps Gabrielle to keep her mind away from certain things, which I am yet to know. And now I am using it to keep my mind busy too. I wake up at 8 in the morning and come to the shop, and then go back after closing it. It keeps my brain occupied. And now with the plan to join college, I will have my hands full.

I drifted off thinking how my family was doing, were they missing me? Are Mama and Papa alright? Is Gemma ok? How did Carla and Jake react? And Xavier does he care? I called Melanie once and she told me that Gemma and the others were searching for me. I had requested her to visit my parents if possible and see if they were holding up fine. She promised to let me know about them. She hasn't called back yet though.

My reverie came to an end when the bell chimed again and I looked up to see a handsome guy around my age or maybe a year up standing at the doorway. He gave a lovely smile and said "Hello!".

--------------------‐---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait.

So what do you think about Xavier and this new Mystery man?

Let me know in the comments.

A picture of Gabrielle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1.2K 44
Well doesn't everyone want to meet their soulmate, that one person who is made just for them... Crystal has always believed in the term 'soulmates'...
442K 10.1K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...
5.6M 157K 27
Chloe was beaten and abused by her pack. Her mate rejecting her is the last straw. Unable to deal with it all she runs away. Meeting a new pack and f...
889K 19.8K 35
Alice Alyssa Wildmer is a werewolf. Her mate has rejected her and caused her pack to rank her lower than an omega. She is abused and when her mate ma...