Something Greater (Something...

By goldenjarry

Tour is over for Jenelle. She's back in the offices of MTV in Melbourne with new work partner Mason Andrews... More

Reviews
Welcome Back...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Harry Styles.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 (Final)
Bye my loves x

Chapter 39

15.7K 442 222
By goldenjarry

Jen's POV

I didn't want to leave Harry yet, but I still had a job in Melbourne to do, and he had a job here which landed him in Asia for the rest of the month.

I had my first visit with my family gynaecologist next week, mum set it up for me since she would be coming with me, because Harry wouldn't be able to leave the tour.

With his job being in another country right now, it was hard to find a date where it allowed him to fly down and then back up and be there for the shows. I knew the time was now for us to have this discussion with his management, because they wouldn't keep allowing him to leave the tour just to visit me with no explanation.

I was scared to tell them, because I knew as soon as they found out they would try to control this whole thing, and I didn't want them to. I wanted them to have no say in our baby, and I didn't want them throwing contracts and confidentiality clauses at me without my dad here. I knew Harry would protect me from it all, but it still made me anxious to see how they would handle this all.

The only two people part of his team that knew were his tour manager Paul, and his publicist Kim, and neither of them had said anything to either of us about it since the story broke out.

I knew Harry wouldn't want to tell them, he barely even wanted to tell the band, but I knew with this first appointment I would have to set up my first proper scan, where we could see and hear the babies heart beat for the first time.

I wanted Harry there for that, and I'm positive he would want to be there, so dates had to be decided before I left here, and his management team would have to approve of him leaving the tour between shows.

I wanted to be prepared, and I wanted to know which dates Harry would be able to come down, so hopefully we could work around the tour schedule, and he would be able to be there for my first ultrasound.

He laid with his arms wrapped around my body, and his head resting on my stomach. Having him like this brought a sense of comfort to me, it felt as if he was still trying to protect me, even in his sleep.

He slept soundly, and had the slightest snore when he was really tired. With all this travel, his show the night before, and our activities post show, I knew he would be exhausted. The last thing I wanted to do was wake him, but we had to talk to his team before I left at lunch time.

Initially I was meant to leave yesterday straight after the show, so I could be back at work today, but Ava allowed me the extra day since there wasn't much lined up today, but tomorrow was a busy day.

I would arrive back in Melbourne at midnight, and Mason organised to pick me up and just take me to his apartment, and we would go into work together the next morning.

I was going to be exhausted by the end of the week, but this was how things would have to be now in order to make this relationship work. I'd have to talk to Ava about cutting back my workload at some point, even if that meant cutting back some of my hosting work.

I'd worked hard to earn the opportunities I did, and I was proud of myself for getting to the point I had, but I had a family to think about now, and if that meant giving up some of my opportunities and making sacrifices to make it all work, I would do it.

Right now though, I had to focus on how I was going to tell Harry we had to talk to his team, I knew he'd try to fight me on it, but it had to be done.

I ran my fingers through his hair gently, admiring how soft and long it had gotten again. I loved when his hair was shorter, but somehow I had grown used to the long locks, and I found it made him look more mature, and sexier even.

My weakness was when he wore it in his bun, he looked so sexy with his hair pushed back and tied up. Then again, he also looked sexy when it was down in lose curls, wet and straight, messy and a jumbled mess, and when it looked like it hadn't been washed in a week.

My boyfriend was just sexy in general, even when he wasn't trying to be, he was effortlessly flawless. Sometimes I felt disgusting next to him, but he always assured me I looked beautiful, no make-up, messy hair, sweat pants and all.

I felt so nauseas, but I didn't want to move him. The more his head dug into me though, the more I felt my dinner from last night coming back up.

I hated this feeling, I hated being sick every morning, this was the biggest downside to the pregnancy, but besides my boobs growing, and my bloating, it was really the only thing that reminded me each day that I did have a little human growing inside me.

I tried to put off my inevitable vomiting session for as long as I could, but when Harry started waking from him slumber, and he started moving around on top of me, I couldn't put it off any longer.

It was impossible to wriggle out of his grip, his arms were too tight, and when I felt him tense, I knew he was awake and just trying to keep me in place.

"Harry let me go," I tried to push him off.

"No," he groaned, sticking to his stubborn ways and keeping me under him.

"I'm gonna be sick, get off!" I continued to wriggle out of his grip as he finally let me go, and I ran to the bathroom barely making it.

The tiles were freezing under my knees, and I cursed myself for not putting pants on before I went to sleep. I knew my morning routine by now, so I should have been smarter.

"Here babe, lift your knees for tick, the tiles are bloody freezing!" I lifted myself and Harry placed a pillow under me, then tied my hair back to keep it out of my face.

Whenever he was with me in the mornings, he stayed by my side until I was finished. I would tell him every time he didn't have to be here, but he insisted he wanted to be. He'd rub down on my back until I was finished, then he'd make me a cup of ginger tea while I brushed my teeth.

I hated the taste of ginger, I dreaded that drink every morning, probably even more than I dreaded the sickness itself, but Harry insisted it would help, and of course he was right. It always settled my stomach, and I wasn't sick for the rest of the day.

I met Harry back in the bedroom where he was finishing making the tea, and I just decided to get dressed and start this day early.

"Why are you already getting dressed? We don't have to be at the airport until noon..." He asked me confused, I think he just assumed we'd stay in bed all morning.

"You're getting dressed too, and I'm calling Paul to organise a meeting for us and your team before I leave," I turned away from him, because I knew he'd be frowning.

"Why?"

"Because we're telling them I'm pregnant," I said calmly, closing my eyes and waiting for the fight to begin.

"You're joking...no! You made me tell the band, don't make me tell the team too! Jen they're going to try and control everything, I'm under contract, I can't exactly refuse what they tell me to do! They'll sue my arse!" He ran over to me and tried to plead with me.

"Harry you can't keep leaving the tour with no explanation!"

"Paul knows why I have to leave, he's the tour manager so the most important person knows, can't we leave it at that?"

"No! Because one day one of your bigger bosses will stop being so lenient on letting you go, and then what are you going to do? Would you rather risk not being there for an ultrasound, or God forbid I go into labour earlier than expected? Or would you rather tell them, and they allow you to travel between countries when need be?"

I could see him weighing out the Pro's and Con's, but at the end of the day I was going to tell his team, or make Paul tell the team, that I was pregnant whether Harry wanted me to or not. I wanted them aware, because I wanted Harry with me when I needed him to be, and if they knew I was pregnant, they would understand why he would have to leave between shows.

"Okay fine...Jesus, I'll call Paul and get him to set it up. I'm telling you right now you're not signing anything, so don't fight me on it in there, you will not!" He said very sternly, and I nodded in agreement that I wouldn't.

...

"Yes you heard correctly, she's pregnant! And before you ask yes it's mine!" Harry repeated himself to his manager, since he wasn't quite grasping the concept that I was pregnant.

It was intimidating sitting in this room with four other grown men, and Kim, Harry's publicist. I had met Harry's management many times, they were very nice men and always treated me respectfully.

Harry and the boys had a good relationship with them, his whole team was very friendly, but at the end of the day they had a brand to protect, and I understood that.

Will was the first to start asking questions about the pregnancy. He was from Modest, and he looked the youngest out of the three managers. He had short brown hair, always wore a tux, like the other two, and I found him to be the friendliest of the three.

The other two managers were Harry and Richard. They also worked for Modest, and were two older men but were also quite friendly. They had been in the industry longer, so they were the stricter two of the three of them.

Paul was here, probably a mediator if things turned sour, and Kim had to be here so she knew how to handle the whole media circuit that would erupt. Those boys gave her a new story to answer to everyday, and I felt bad for her at times having to protect five boys' reputations at once. I definitely didn't envy her job.

"On the business side of things, it probably isn't the most ideal time for this to be happening, but on a personal note that's unbelievable news Harry. Having a child is a real blessing in life, it'll be nice to have another little one on the tour," Harry chuckled, and made me feel a little less nervous about being here.

Harry was a good man, and my Harry always told me he was his favourite of the management. He also managed 5 Seconds of Summer, so he was almost always on the tour with us last year.

He reminded me a little of my grandpa, he had white hair, a light completion, and was a little more round in the stomach than the other two. He was stern when needed be, but generally understanding, and I was extremely relieved about that in this moment.

They continued talking about how we would work around the dates, to allow him to fly down to Australia for my important appointments, and we told them my expected due date.

They were much friendlier and lenient than I would have expected, but I think they just understood that I was pregnant and there wasn't anything they could do other than support us both. A couple of the females on the crew had had babies, and still managed to do their job, so I think that also contributed to them being more understanding of children now being a factor.

"You know Harry, I never thought you would be the first one of the lads to come to us and say you're having a baby!" Richard laughed, and this meeting had turned from professional and serious, to a good laugh within five seconds.

"Well I'm not the one having the baby, D*ck!" Harry laughed back, and my eyes grew wide at him calling one of his superiors a d*ck.

"D*ck is his nickname, relax..." Harry smiled down at me, and everyone began to laugh.

"I'm glad this one keeps you in line Harold! Jenelle where were you when we really needed you, when this little shit was causing a muck before every show! This grey hair is because of him and the other four loons!" Richard continued to joke.

"He needs to be kept in line majority of the time!" I agreed.

"What is this? Gang up on Harry day?" Harry pouted, and pushed my hair to the side so he could rest his hand on my shoulder.

"I've always liked you Jenelle," Will smiled at me.

"Okay look, our lawyers are going to advise that we have a contract drawn up to protect Harry's image and the brand..."

"She's not signing anything!" Harry cut Richard off.

"If you let me finish..." He rose his hand to silence Harry, "I think we know Jenelle is a trustworthy person, and you're a smart man Harry, so I don't think it's really necessary to get the legal team involved on that. We will have a contact drawn up allowing you time off, but Jenelle won't need to sign any of that, you, the lawyers and one of us will set up a meeting, and work out when you can leave for Australia. Is that fair enough?"

"Yes, that's fine! As long as she doesn't have to sign anything, I'm happy. I don't want you lot trying to control any of this, this is my family and I will put them first! If I need to get on a plane and miss a show I will, just as you would do the same!" He said very sternly, raising a few eyebrows around the room.

"Well it looks like he's already a natural at being a father, stern and protective!" Harry the manager laughed, and shortly after we wrapped up the meeting and made our way back to our hotel floor.

"That went better than I expect it to," I commented, still shocked at how understanding they were.

"I know, they're good guys, but I thought they'd be a lot more strict and unreasonable than that. I'm actually glad we got that out the way now!"

"Oh are you just?" I smirked, feeling a sense of self achievement that I was right in wanting to get this done before I left.

"Yeah yeah, you're the sensible one we all know this by now," he shook his head and we made our way back to our room, to enjoy the extra couple of hours we had left together.

...

I slept majority of the flight home, flights weren't exactly thrilling when you were alone for a long extended period of time. I don't even remember the last time I did catch a flight alone, I hated planes, and being by myself made my anxiety even worse.

Harry and I were getting used to this whole goodbye thing. We didn't cry, we just promised each other we'd talk daily then I made my way to the plane.

I arrived in Melbourne at midnight, and Mason met me outside customs, taking my bags from me.

"Hey babe! How was Singapore?"

"It was good...we had a bit of a fight at the start, then he had a minor argument with Louis when we told them about the baby, then he argued with Niall, then we had another small tiff, but it ended on a good note."

"Well that sounds exciting. I'm never let down in the drama department with the pair of you! You can fill me in on the drive back to my place," he laughed and helped me into his car, and I explained my very eventful trip to him on the way back to his apartment.

...

It was at least two am and I still couldn't get to sleep. I was jet lagged, and restless. I wasn't going to be doing myself any favours in the morning by not sleeping through the night.

Mason was still up in the lounge doing some work for an Ed Sheeran rooftop show MTV were hosting later today, he lived for all nighters and ten cans of energy drinks to stay awake. I however was a grumpy person when I didn't sleep, and I was already hormonal enough with this pregnancy.

I gave up on sleep, and Harry wasn't responding to my texts so I assumed he had fallen asleep. I threw Mason's bed sheets off myself and made my way into the lounge with him. If he wasn't sleeping, and I wasn't, we may as well pull this all nighter together.

"What are you doing up?" Mason looked to me when I threw myself onto the couch next to him.

"I can't sleep, and I'm bored in there by myself! I thought I'd keep you some company, how's the event coming along?" I grabbed one of the papers with the guest list on it.

"Yeah good actually, everything's booked in and finalised, all we need now is Ed to rock up!"

"I've never met Ed. Harry's really good friends with him, but we were never in the same country at the same time."

I love Ed's music, he was a lyrical genius, and always managed to put down into words exactly what I was feeling at certain times. Harry had nothing but amazing things to say about him, and I was excited to finally meet him.

"He seems like such a genuine bloke, I've got a bit of a crush on him I'm not gonna lie!" He half laughed, and half blushed.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you find Harry attractive?" I knew this was an awkward question to ask him, and I knew he would be embarrassed answering it, but I had nothing better to do right now than make him squirm.

"Why?..."

"I'm just curious, like obviously I don't think you're going to try and steal him from me or anything, I'm just curious if other men find him to be attractive. Obviously I think he's sexy, he's my boyfriend, but I find other girls hot as hell too! So I guess I'm just curious if other males find someone like him attractive."

"I don't know, that's such a weird question to ask. I mean he's Harry, he's your boyfriend and I know him now, I don't really think he's attractive or unattractive, I just don't think about it. Do you find Gemma attractive? That's your friends partner!"

I guess he had a point, you never really thought about if someone you were close to or was dating someone you were close to, were attractive or not. I found Gemma gorgeous, but I wasn't attracted to her.

"I'm not asking if you're attracted to him, do you think he's good looking, or do you think he's ugly? Simple question!"

He paused for a second, and sighed, finally giving in, "he's a good looking guy, he's definitely not ugly, but I wouldn't go there even if he was gay. He's not my type, but yes he's got an appeal to him. I think Zayn is the best looking in the group. Now that gets the blood pumping, and other things throbbing" he laughed, and I pushed him in disgust at even suggesting Zayn gave him a boner.

"You didn't have to take it to that level, oh my god!"

"Hey, you pushed me to answer!" He shrugged, and turned the TV on. Some late night talk show was on, hosted by this English comedian I had watched before, and the special guest was Taylor Swift. I had no issues with her, I actually quite enjoyed her music, so when Mason tried to change the channel I stopped him.

"No I like her, I wanna hear what she has to say!" I snatched the remote off him, and he gave me a funny look.

"You're weird, I don't know anyone else that would happily watch their boyfriends ex on TV, then again, I don't really know anyone that has a famous ex."

"Shh, I'm listening!" I silenced him, making him shake his head and get back to work.

She spoke about her latest album, which everyone knew, including me, had songs about Harry on it. It didn't exactly bother me, everyone had their outlet to let their feelings out, hers was just a very public diary. The songs weren't slamming him, so I didn't mind.

The interviewer then went on to mention her new single was 'I Wish You Would'. I'd never paid too much attention to her explanation behind songs, so this would be interesting since it was speculated it was about Harry.

She went on to say it was about an ex who had bought a house across from hers, once they broke up, and he would drive down her street and want to hang out but didn't think he was allowed because he thought she hated him.

"It was one of those relationships where I wasn't angry anymore, and I wanted him in my life again. I'd never really had that before, once I was done with a relationship it was done, I didn't go back there, but with this certain relationship it was different. I was angry for so long I eventually just forgot why, and just wished that person would come back into my life. The lyrics are pretty self explanatory," she went on to say.

That wasn't a bad response, I accepted it and I understood forgetting about all the reasons you broke up with someone, and just wished you could have them back.

"Your songs kind of tie in with each other on this album, we won't say the name of who this Mr James Dean daydream, slicked back, white t-shirt wearing guy is, but I'm going to assume this song is about the same guy your last single, style, was about. You say in that song you never go out of style, do you want to elaborate on that..." The interviewer continued to dig, and I became very intrigued.

"Does Harry still speak to her?" Mason asked me, cutting off whatever Taylor had said at the start.

"Don't think so, he hasn't said anything to me..." we turned back to the TV and continued listening.

"...I'm in a good place with that person, we're friends and keep in contact and I've never had that with an ex before, where we turn from lovers, to friends."

"So basically you're saying it's a love that won't ever die?" He said, and now I wished I had heard what she said at the start of her response.

"It's just one of those relationships where you never know it's officially over forever. I feel like he is that person who could come to my wedding and be like, no stop we're not done yet, you know? That one love in your life that never stops, and could come back again..."

"In your f*cking dreams maybe..." I said out loud, not realising the words had escaped until it was too late to stop myself.

Mason laughed at me, knowing exactly who Taylor was talking about, and knowing there was no chance she would ever have him back like she seems to think in her deluded mind. I don't know why, but this interview made me resent her a little.

"So has this guy made any indication to you that the relationship isn't done?"

"There may be a small chapter still left to be written in that book...you never know..."

"What?!" Mason and I said in unison in complete disbelief that she had just hinted that Harry made an indication that their book wasn't closed.

He wouldn't of...would he?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197 41 40
you live the perfect life. you have a boyfriend and an amazing friend who you now all you're whole live, you do things that you love the most. ever...
11K 497 37
in which a complicated girl meets a boy who turns her world upside down
148K 9.7K 37
In which, Luke and Ashton's relationship is on the rocks LASHTON HEMWIN COMPLETED | BOOK TWO ASDFLKJHG5SOS 2015
214K 5K 44
(DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK 'Through the Dark') Sky's started a new chapter in her life without Harry, yet she's reunited with a...