The Perfect Luna

Autorstwa skylar_hopeee

Book Three of the Moon Goddess Series. Effyía's story. Hazel, daughter of a powerful Alpha, grew up trained t... Więcej

The Perfect Luna
stupid party
a spontaneous escape
unrestful days
it wasn't drugged
closed chapter
a long road
playing house
breakfast confusion
a face to the name
Luna Flumine
so it starts
i lost
make it stop
moon warrior
thinking thoughts
childhood ghosts
suzy's intervention
a weird situation
by the sea
nothing but sunny days
please dont end
and we're back
keeping with the times
a glimpse of her
joyous celebration
faded colour
what's happening
needing you the most
gone
a little bit of relief
a falling apart
q & a
now here we are
it's rather cold
a walk to the past
maybe just maybe
where it began
be it resolved
author's note
author's note

got me psycho

22.1K 899 223
Autorstwa skylar_hopeee

I balled my fist when I left the pack kitchen. I was going to eat dinner with some of the pack members, but that plan quickly went down the drain when a certain someone came.

Everyone shushed down when Jessica came when just earlier, everyone was laughing, I noticed that happened quite a lot.

The brunette smiled, pushing strands of hair behind her ear.

"I'm here to take Archer and my food. We'll be eating at his office." she says confidently.

The air shifted once more, to an awkward air where nobody really knew what to say or do. I could feel the sideway glances that were thrown my way, watching how I would react.

And as much as I wanted to jump on her and claw her out, I held myself back. I knew she was provoking me, she wanted me to lose my cool over her and I wasn't going to give her that satisfaction.

I haven't even seen Archer as soon as he left the house and it seemed like this witch was with her for a while. I could even detect my mate's scent on her.

"Well, it seems no one wants to move for their Alpha, so I'll have to do it myself." Jessica says with a chirpy tone as she made her way through the numerous people.

"Let me do it, Jess." Frances said finally, her tone a bit somber.

Jessica instantly stepped back at Frances' volition and that's when she looks around the room and met my eyes.

I couldn't even smile at her anymore. I just stared back.

"Oh, Hazel! I didn't see you. Would you like to join Archer and I?" she asks me.

The freaking audacity. This girl is really pushing it.

"No, I don't." I answer curtly although I wanted to say a lot more. A heck of a lot more.

She smiles, raising her shoulders even and when she saw that Frances was done, took the plates away from her.

"Pity, well, we can't let out Alpha wait too long now." she says and left the room.

I swallowed hard and suppressed the anger that I was feeling and trying to water the jealousy that once again got ignited.

Jessica had been at it for weeks now, always putting me in this kind of situation in front of other people. It always left me blushing madly of embarrassment, it was humiliating to be honest. But I reminded myself that I wasn't going to stoop down to her level of lowness.

When she left, everyone was still silent and I could only force myself to keep eating.

"So, Perry, you were telling me about something?" I ask the girl beside me who was recounting me how she fought with a rogue once.

"Ah--right! Now where was I..." she said and picking up where she left of in her story.

I did my best to listen to her, but I couldn't. I couldn't focus. I kept thinking back to Archer and Jessica and what they might possibly be doing.

I had heard that if your mate cheats on you, you will feel it and you will know and so far, I don't think anything has happened because I hadn't felt anything in particular.

But it was tiring to always have my guards up around her when I was Archer's mate, she should back off of him because I was here now. I understand they had something before, but Archer told me that was a long time ago.

But what if he lied to me? What if they were still together until we met and he only said that to calm me down?

Each bite I took was making me feel nauseous now. All these thoughts had me sick.

"I'm sorry, I'm feeling a bit right now. I'll excuse myself, everyone." I tell the people that were there.

Some looked at me with sadness and again, I hated the feeling of being pitied for something I shouldn't be.

"Do you want me to check on you?" Frances asked, her duty as a pack doctor showing through.

I quickly shook my head and thanked her for her concern.

The air was tightening, I felt like the walls are closing in on me and I couldn't wait to get outside.

I quickly left, my steps were big and fast and when I turned the doorknob and opened the door, the fresh air saved me from the suffocating atmosphere.

The sun was only starting to set although it was already around 7 in the evening, but since it was summer, the sun was up longer.

I was deciding where to go, but with my already sour mood, I ultimately decided to go home. Before walking away from the pack house fully, I looked up to the second floor and searched for Archer's office's window.

To my surprise, Jessica was standing at the window, looking at me shutting the blinds off. That made my blood boil even more.

With a raging heart, I left.

I hurriedly went home and for the first time since I came here my chest felt so heavy I thought it was going to explode.

My cheeks were getting warmer and it was getting harder to hold the dam back.

I knew I told Archer that I was going to trust him, but at this moment, it was overwhelmingly hard to do so. There are so many reasons not to, he's giving me so many doubts.

Opening the door, I made my way quickly to my room and refused to let the tears fall until I got to my bed.

When I closed the door, the tears on the verge of falling, I hurried on my bed and dug my face on the pillow. All of a sudden, everything felt so tiring.

So tiring.

How long will I have to do this? How long will Archer ignore this? How long will he choose her over me?

I don't know how long I cried for, but all I know is that I haven't cried that much in the longest time.

It was something I told myself not to do. Don't cry because I should be strong enough to handle things, don't cry, don't cry.

However it wasn't just Archer or Jessica, feelings of homesickness mixed in. Feeling that although I was making new friends and acquaintances here, my best friends Quincy and Caroline weren't here.

I missed my family most of all, annoying my parents and my brother used to be a part of my routine and now I felt like that was taken away from me. 

I cried, my thoughts were a mess, my heart confused then all of a sudden, in the middle of sobbing, I smelled Archer's scent getting stronger.

Not long after, I heard footsteps coming closer, specifically on the stairs. When the footsteps stopped, I made sure to stop crying to try and detect where he might be now.

I thought he had entered his room because there were no more sounds from outside, but to my surprise, my doorknob turned and then the door was closed. 

He's here.

I quickly wiped my tears, feeling like a child who was caught crying by her parents and trying to hide it. 

I made the mistake in turning back because our eyes met. 

Great, Hazel. 

Frustrated, I buried my face on my pillow again.

"I heard you were sick." he said.

Frances must've told him.

"I'm just tired, I'll be fine after I rest so you can leave now." I say as an excuse.

I was expecting him to leave after my lame reasoning, but he didn't. Instead, I felt the bed beside me sink.

Again, the scent of Jessica was on him, it was slight, but it was there.

Annoying, it was annoying and I just wanted to rub the scent off of him.

I lightly lifted my head just enough to see him and again, our eyes met and not wanting him to see my ugly crying face, I put my head down and let my hair cover my face.

"I can't leave." 

"Why not?"

"Because you're crying." he said.

Flustered, I rested my head back on the pillow. "I-- my stomach hurts!" I lied.

Through the strands of hair covering my face, I could see him shooting up a smile, letting me know that he didn't buy my obvious lie.

Damn it.

And then, drunk on jealousy and pushed by annoyance of the present witch's scent, I must have lost my mind.

I sat up and faced him.

"Fine, I was crying." I started and because Archer was sitting up on the bed, I put my legs between his and wrapped my arms around his neck.

With a slight motion that required a bit of strength, both of us fell on the bed so that Archer was lying down completely and I was on top of him.

a/n: 

I'M SO SORRY EVERYONE! I just noticed the update was cut short! I had to rewrite the missing parts!

but i also just wanted to let you all know that i'm so sorry for going MIA on ya'll. these past few weeks had been hectic and the coming weeks will be absolutely busy as well as we are at the end of the semester!

i will try to update still, but i cannot promise. 

till next time!

much love,

skyy💕

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

884K 32.6K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
461K 11.5K 16
Melody Russell is the daughter of an Alpha and the great grandchild of the moon goddess, however, after the death of her parents by rogues when she w...
63.4K 1.7K 22
Aaliyah comes into contact with the werewolf universe when all her life she had thought it was a fairytale but it isn't since she's mated to two powe...
171K 5K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...