keeping with the times

"Start!" Allan screamed and jumped away from the training ground

I tightened my pony tail all while keeping my eyes on Derek. He disappeared from my sight.

Sensing that he was coming from behind, I took one step to the side, easily dodging the attack and calculating the time he would be by my side, I successfully landed a hit on his side, but he was also able to counter by strengthening his muscle so he wouldn't take too much damage from it.

I didn't let him get much rest, because I followed with a series of attacks, but he dodged most of them.

When I was too concentrated on attacking him and in the midst of being on defense, he managed to kick my legs and I stupidly fell on the ground.

It was a huge opening, the next thing I saw, he was in the sky on top and was about to land on me, in a punching stance.

Wow, he doesn't hold back, does he.

I roll myself away from there and avoided the attack, but the ground shook and I still felt the impact.

I got up quickly and used the mess he made to my advantage. He must've been trying to sense where I went and so I gritted my teeth and punched the ground with as much force as I could.

When rocks flew and and the sound of the ground breaking grumbled, I took a deep breath and concealed my presence so Derek wouldn't sense me and I ran towards him full speed.

He wasn't able to sense me, but when I was about to hit his chest with my knee, he sensed me and with his quick reflexes, tried to block by holding off my knee and using force to push me off midair.

It would've worked had I not put more power on my legs at the last minute, but he found himself on the ground with my knee holding his chest down the ground and a dagger on his neck.

Everything was quiet for a few seconds and Derek's eyes were wide open, still trying to process how he ended up with a dagger on his neck.

"Derek you loser!" Allan came and laughed at him like I also didn't beat him a few minutes ago.

I laughed quietly and got off the Beta.

I extended my hand to him and he gladly took it, getting up.

"Shut up, Al, you got beat up worse than me. At least I lasted longer than you did!" Derek retorted to the Gamma before turning to me. "Great work there, Luna." he said.

"You too!" I answered.

And then we all turned to the last person who was quietly sitting at one of the benches, his face resting on his hand, disengaged from the current events.

"Hey, Arch! It's your turn to get beat up by Hazel!" Derek called for him.

With those words, Archer smiled amusedly with Derek's statement. "We'll see about that." he said and took his hoodie off revealing him in his white undershirt.