moon warrior

When I opened my eyes, the first one I saw was Frances. Seeing me awake she immediately came by my side, a look of relief

"Hazel, oh goodness, you're awake. How are you feeling? I'm calling the Alpha right away."

I was a bit confused when I saw her and as I tried getting up, I understood that I was in a clinic room. My head was throbbing against my head and my stomach was churning and I wanted to vomit.

I tried to remember what last happened and how I ended up here and sighed when I remembered.

I jumped out the window, I must've injured myself while jumping outside.

"What were you thinking jumping in the river like that with no one around! If the Alpha was any seconds later, you could have been swept away and drowned!"

The river? Drowned?

What was she--

A memory of me heading to the Luna Flumine flashed in my head and I took another deep breath. Still disoriented, I looked up to Frances.

When I turned to her, her eyes opened wide she took a step backwards and failed to see a small chair behind and so she fell on the floor, her eyes still intently locked on me.

"H-Hazel, your eyes."

What now?

"What about my eyes?" I asked, but she only kept staring at me.

I looked around to find a mirror or anything to see my reflection on when I saw a mirror above the sink. Despite it being hard to move, I forced myself to because Frances was still in shock and wans't in any condition to help me.

When I faced the mirror, I was also taken aback when my blue eyes weren't blue anymore, but grey. It wasn't just that, a crescent-shape was at the bottom part of my pupils and it was glowing.

I knew at that moment-- the dream I had was real.

"Welcome, Effyía." she said as she stood over the wooden bridge. It's her! The lady I saw when I was five years old, when 'that' incident happened.

"I-it's you!" I blurted out and pointed and that's when I noticed that my arms seemed to be carrying weight. I looked down on myself and found myself to be in a warrior's clothing.

What is... this?

"My poor warrior, it must've been hard." she said as she reached out to my face and let her hand caress my cheeks gently. Her eyes looked at me like the way my mom would look at me.

I observed her, her aura, the obvious power that enveloped her. Her appearance... Legends only talked about it, but seeing this woman in front of me, I was pretty sure that she was the Moon Goddess.

But why? Why am I here? With her?

"Ah, you have questions. Of course, you do. I will help you since Chári has started to awaken, but you must help yourself here on out."