Kehne Ko Humsafar

By jahan0494

What happened when two people marry each other in an arranged marriage who they only met once? Will their lif... More

Characters
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Delhi Wala Gang
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Blue Family
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Epilogue
Cursed By Flames
Not So Fairytale-ish

Part 51

1.4K 65 71
By jahan0494

Jaimi drives to the location which Rudra sent her. She grabs her phone and purse before leaving her car. She reads the sign by the ticket counter, which says, "Barrel And Co." She is hesitant at first but lines up behind the people and buys a ticket. After a few minutes, one of the bouncers opens the door for her. She steps in only to be welcomed by the smoke. The smell of alcohol, cigarettes, and vape, making her want to throw up. The door behind her swung shut as she took a few staggering steps forward. She excused herself and made her way to the secluded corner of the club from which she could see the whole club. Her eyes roam around the club as they are looking for one person in particular. She couldn't find him, but the view in front of her was making her feel disgusted. A few blonds are dancing on the bar table wearing short dresses while the others are in the cages around the club, seducing drunk men. The only source of lighting in the club is the lighting over the bar. The music is so loud that it feels like her ears would start bleeding at any moment. She takes out her phone from her purse and texts Rudra.

Jaimi: I'm in the club! Where are you two?

Rudra: Bar ke paas!

Jaimi makes her way to the bar. She flinches as one of the blonds come down on her knees and almost scratches Jaimi. She shakes her head and continues looking for Rudra. She sees him coming towards her.

Jaimi: Kaha hain woh?

Rudra takes Jaimi through the crowd to the back section of the club. Darshan is holding a bottle and dancing in between a group of girls. His jacket is hanging on one shoulder as he gulps down the content of the bottle. 

Jaimi sees a male trying to control Darshan from behind. He snatches the bottle from him, which Darshan snatches back. He gulps the liquid down his throat from the blue bottle. Jaimi moves towards him but steps back as the smoke generator blow smoke. Jaimi flaps her hand in front of her face to clear the smoke as she coughs. She takes staggering steps towards him. A group of girls blocks her way. One of the girls on purpose pushes Jaimi. She balances herself and tries to reach Darshan. They block her way. 

Jaimi: What the freak?

Girl: Tumhe dikhata nahi hain ki woh humare saath enjoy kar raha hain? Get lost you, wannabe!

Jaimi places two fingers under her nose to block the alcoholic breath of the girl who is a few inches away from her. Darshan is moving his body to the music, unaware of Jaimi.

Jaimi: Wannabe mein nahi tum sab ho rahe ho! And, did I ask if he was enjoying or not?

Another girl comes in front and almost stomps on Jaimi's foot as she's trying to balance herself.

Girl: Tum hoti kaun ho?

Jaimi shows the girls her hand which has the ring.

Jaimi: Uski wife! Now, get out of my way.

Jaimi makes her way through the girls leaving Rudra shock. He follows behind. Jaimi sees Darshan gulping the liquid in the blue bottle down his throat. She snatches the bottle and hands it to Deep Panchal, a friend of Darshan and photographer, who is standing behind him. Jaimi turns her face as the harsh scent of the drink hits her nostrils.

Jaimi: Yeh kya pee raha tha?

Deep: SKYY Vodka!

Darshan: Mujhe peene do! 

Deep holds Darshan. Jaimi sees that Darshan has a ruddy complexion and red eyes caused by the consumption of alcohol. He is struggling to keep his balance and falls forward on Jaimi. His arms fall over her shoulder while hers on his back trying to balance herself and him. His eyes shut automatically as his brain releases oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin hormones calming him down. Jaimi sighs and helps Darshan stand.

Jaimi: How much did he even drink?

Deep: Dedh bottle!

Her left hand is on her waist while the right massaging her forehead as the loud music is giving her a headache.

Jaimi: Pehle, ghar chalte hain!

The two nod their head.

Rudra: Aap dono jao mein bill pay karke aata hoon.

They nod their head. Deep and Jaimi get on each other side of Darshan and his arm around their shoulder giving him support. Darshan withdraws his arm that is around Deep and wraps it around Jaimi's waist. He pulls her closer until there's no space in between them. Her inside starts doing somersaults while he is calming down. He hugs her tightly.

Darshan: Mujhse door mat jao, please!

Jaimi: G... g... ghar pe jaake ba...at k... karte hain!

Darshan: Nahi abhi!

Jaimi: Ghar jaake shaanti se baat karte hain!

Darshan: No! Phir, ghar jaake tum phirse mujh se baat nahi karogi.

Jaimi sees people staring at them.

Jaimi: Darshan... sab dekh rahe hain!

Darshan: So?

Jaimi: I'm uncomfortable... please... for me?

Darshan moves back and is struggling to keep his balance. Jaimi supports him and helps him standstill. She walks him out of the club followed by Rudra and Deep. They go to the parking lot where Darshan drags Jaimi to his car. He opens the door and gets in the driver's seat. Jaimi holds the back of his seat and removes the key which he just inserted to ignite the engine.

Jaimi: Come out!

Darshan crosses his arms across his chest. He puffs his chest in looks in the opposite direction of Jaimi. Rudra and Deep chuckle seeing his childishness.

Darshan: No!

Jaimi: Kyu?

Darshan: Tum mujh se baat nahi kari rahi ho aur meri baat sun bhi nahi rahi ho!

Jaimi palms herself before grabbing his hand and pulling him out. He comes out and stands against the car. Jaimi tosses the key to Rudra.

Jaimi: Tum dono mein se koi yeh car please ghar pe chod do!

Rudra: Mein chod deta hoon!

Jaimi: Thank you!

Rudra gets into the car while Deep helps Jaimi situate Darshan in the front passenger seat. Jaimi locks the seatbelt and cleverly puts the child lock on, so Darshan can't go anywhere in this drunk state.

Jaimi: Tum bhi baith jao mein drop kar deti hoon!

Deep: Ji. Thank you!

Jaimi nods her head and gets in the driver's seat. She pulls out of the parking lot and hits the road followed by Rudra. Darshan continually tries to open the door on his side. Jaimi stops her car on the side of the road. 

Jaimi: Kya hain?

Darshan: Tum bahot bhuri ho! Mujhe kuch nahi batati. Mein evidence dhundh ne ki kabse koshish kar raha hoon tumhe pata hain?

Deep: Darshan, shaant hoja!

Darshan: No! Tum usse bolo na.

Jaimi: Jo yaha pee ke toon hain usse hi bolega na!

Darshan: Aaj pehli baar pee woh bhi gham hain iss liye. Usme bhi tum mujhe daat rahi ho?

He sighs in anger. Jaimi gets frustrated.

Jaimi: Shut up! Raat ke 9 baje se tumhara intezaar kar rahi thi ghar pe. Mujhe bina batae ghar se bahar the aur uppar se dedh bottle sharab pee hain. Aur mujhe keh rahe ho ki kyu daat rahi hoon? Kaunsa bada gham hain ki pee rahe ho? Beghar ho gae ho kya?

Jaimi sighs to calm her anger while Deep is surprised by her sudden outbreak.

Jaimi: Agar, phirse sharab ko haath lagaya ya phir uske baare mein socha bhi toh ghar se nikal dungi!

Darshan: Woh ghar mera bhi hain!

Jaimi: Thik hain toh phir mein Rajendra Uncle ko call karke aap ne jo mahan kaam kiya hain uske baare mein batati hoon phir wohi tumhe nikalenge!

Darshan: You're so mean!

Jaimi: Shut up, finger on your lips! Agar, ek shabd bhi muh se nikala toh ek keech ke dungi!

Darshan puts a finger on his lips and looks forward. Deep also places a finger on his lips, frightened by Jaimi's sudden outbreak. Jaimi glances at the two from the corner of her eye before shaking her head to clear thoughts. She drives towards the penthouse. Jaimi takes him to the penthouse with the help of Rudra and Deep. They sit him down in the living room. 

Jaimi: Uh... thank you, guys! I'm sorry humari wajah se aap dono ko jo takleef hue. 

Rudra: Nahi Bhabhi! 

Deep: Waise bhi yeh humara dost hai!

Rudra: Aap ko koi help chahiye?

Jaimi: Nahi! Tum dono ne already bahot help ki hain. 

Deep: Hum chalte hain!

Jaimi: Tum dono humari ek car leke jao! Bahot derr ho gae hain. 

Rudra: Nahi! Meri ghadi parking mein hi hain neeche. Mein Deep ko drop kardunga. 

Jaimi: Ok. 

The three start towards the door. Jaimi thanks the two go again and wishes them good night. They wish her the same before leaving. Jaimi locks the door behind them and turns off the lights on her way. She walks to where Darshan is sitting on the sofa. He has taken off his shoes and they are carelessly thrown on the floor along with his socks. She takes the socks and throws them in the laundry along with his jacket and puts the shoes in the closet so they don't trip over them. His head is resting on the back of the sofa. His eyes are closed, but his mouth is open. Jaimi nudges him and helps him up on his feet. She starts to walk towards the stair supporting him and balancing them. When they reach the second floor, Darshan pushes Jaimi against the railing and cages her. 

Jaimi: K... kya kar rahe ho?

Darshan: Pro...mise... me k... ki... tum... mu...jhe chod ke n... nahi jaa...ogi!

Jaimi: Darshan...

Darshan: Promise me... warna h... hum... aise hi... kh...ade rahenge!

Jaimi: I promise ki chod ke nahi jaaungi!  

He takes a step backward with a smile on his face. He loses his balance. Before Jaimi can catch him he balances himself. He throws himself in the air indicating that he doesn't need help. Jaimi walks towards him and he pinches her cheeks which makes her pout. She drags him to their bedroom with her. He jumps on the bed as Jaimi locks the door. She walks over to him and pulls him up on his feet. She steps back smelling his breath. 

Jaimi: Bathroom mein jao! 

Darshan: No!

Jaimi: Abhi jao!

Darshan: Nahi! Mujhe sona hain! 

Jaimi: Nahi! Pehle tumhara yeh nasha utaar na hain. 

Darshan: Mujhe sona hain! 

He cries like a little baby and stomps his feet while his hands are balled up in a fist. 

Jaimi: Kaash pata hota ki bacche se shaadi kar rahi hoon!

She pulls him into the bathroom and has him stand against the sink. She turns on the faucet and wettens his brush before applying the paste. He jumps and sits between the two sinks with his back against the mirror. She hands him the toothbrush and in response, he pushes her hand away from him. She rolls her eyes. 

Jaimi: Brush! 

Darshan: No!

Jaimi: Darshan! 

Darshan: Mein nahi kar raha!

She grits her teeth. Jaimi tries to brush his teeth, but he looks up at the ceiling thinking Jaimi would go away after a few minutes. She fists his white tank top and pulls him closer making him look into her eyes. He opens his mouth to say something, but Jaimi shoves the toothbrush in his mouth and starts cleaning his teeth. She brushes his teeth. He jumps down from the sink and cleans his mouth with water before scraping his tongue. He rinses his mouth with a mouthwash and then, water. Jaimi goes to the closet and grabs his clothes while he was doing that.  She hangs his clothes and goes out to attend a call as she heard her phone ringing. She answers her phone seeing it's Armaan. 

Jaimi: Hi!

Armaan: So rahi thi?

Jaimi: Nahi! Itni raat ko kaise yaad kiya?

Armaan: Actually, woh abhi ghar aaya aur dekha ki tu online hain toh call kar diya.

Jaimi: Oh!

They chat for a few minutes about everything going on in their lives. 

Jaimi: Maan!

Armaan: Hmm?

Jaimi: Kisi ka nasha kaise utaar te hain?

Armaan: Nimboo paani peela ya phir woh vomit kar ke sab bahar nikal dega tab thoda nasha utrega. Kitni pee hain?

Jaimi: Vodka ki dedh bottle!

Armaan's eyes widened hearing the quantity of alcohol consumed. 

Armaan: Yeh toh lagta nahi ki 12-16 ghante tak utregi! Itni kisne pee hain?

Jaimi: Woh...

Jaimi's eyes fall on Darshan who is walking out of the bathroom. 

Jaimi: Maan, mein tujhse kal baat karti hoon. Bye!

Armaan: Ok. Bye! Good night!

Jaimi ends the call and throws her phone on the bed. She walks over to him who walks past her towards the bed. She holds his arm and pulls him into the bathroom again. 

Darshan: Ab toh brush bhi kar diya na. Sone do! 

Jaimi: Shower Mr. Raval!

Darshan: Itni subah subah kaun nahaata hain?

Jaimi: Pata nahi par abhi tum nahaoge!

Darshan: No!

Jaimi: Don't push my limits! 

He ignores her stern tone and starts towards the bedroom. Jaimi pulls him into the shower after taking out his phone, purse, and then, takes off his watch. She steps back from him and puts her hand on the knob to turn on the overhead hot water shower. 

Darshan: Mujhe shower nahi karna hain! Mujhe garam paani pasand nahi hain.

He says that while holding his head. 

Jaimi: Aww... deal with it! Aur, waise bhi baarish pasand hain toh baarish samjh lo. 

She turns the knob and is about to walk out of the shower, but he pulls on her arm. Her hands collide with his chest. He pulls her closer while she's trying to get away and out of the shower. In a few moments, they both are drenched as the hot water falls from the overhead shower. He is looking down at her while she turns on the shoulder, waist, and feet shower. She looks at him whose intense gaze is on her. They are looking into each other's eyes when the tempreture reaches its max level. Jaimi looks away and turns on cold water. He snakes his arm around her waist. His hand is in direct touch with her skin as she's wearing a crop top. Her breath becomes uneven as her body starts heating up as a result of this unknown sensation which is spreading tingles throughout her body. She fists his tank top to control the tingles. The unknown sensation and feeling cause Darshan's heart to flutter. He cups her face with his other hand and connects their forehead. Their eyes unconsciously close on its own as their uneven breath mingles with each other. Not a single thought crosses their mind as they open their eyes. They drown into the depth of each other's eyes. They stay like that for a few minutes enjoying each other's presence to them it felt like they were seeing themselves in the other person. They look away once Jaimi's phone starts ringing. Jaimi looks down as her cheeks turn red. She pushes him a bit and is about to leave, but he pulls her back. He puts her against the glass wall of the shower which is condensed. 

Darshan: Chod ke mat jao!

Jaimi: Kahi nahi jaa rahi hoon! 

He inches towards her face. He stops centimeters away from her face. His hot breath falls on her lips, teasing her. He brings his lips closer to hers, but she covers his mouth with her hand. He steps back seeing her discomfort. She grabs a towel and dries herself much as possible before going to their closet. She locks the door and changes into her nightwear again. She takes their wet clothes and throws them in the laundry downstairs once he comes out of the bathroom. She goes to the kitchen and makes a glass of lemonade. She comes into the room with the glass and finds him sitting on the sofa looking outside at the sky that is changing colors. She sits beside him and hands him the glass to which he makes faces. 

Jaimi: Pee lo aur sone jao!

Darshan: Mujhe yeh pasand nahi hain!

Jaimi: Pee lo phir nahi dungi. 

Darshan: Promise?

Jaimi: Bacche ki tarah behave karna band karo aur pee lo warna Rajendra uncle ko call karungi. 

He puffs his cheeks showing his anger before drinking the lemonade. She takes the glass and goes down to the kitchen. She rinses the glass and makes sure the doors are locked before turning off the lights. She steps into their room to find Darshan doing something on his phone. She snatches his phone. She extends her arm and points towards the bed. 

Jaimi: Sone jao!

He pouts and makes his way to his side of the bed. She closes the application he was on and is about to turn off the phone when she sees that the home screen wallpaper is a picture of them together from their pre-wedding shoot. A smile crawled across her face. She texts Jyugal who called her before turning off the lights. She places both their phone on the nightstand beside her on the bed. She sits on the bed with her back against the bed back. Her palms are rubbed against her face. He places his head on her thighs. She smiles before running her finger through his silky soft hair. He falls asleep after a few minutes. His mouth is open as he sleeps peacefully. She traces his facial features with her index finger. Sleep starts to takes over and she falls asleep after a few minutes as well. She wakes up around 6 as the sunrays disturb her. She tries to move but is not able to. She slowly opens her eyes. Darshan's face is buried in Jaimi's stomach while his arms are around her hips. She puts her hand on his back and nudges him a few times to wake him up. He moves a bit. 

Jaimi: Thik se so jao!

He groans before laying down properly on his side. Jaimi lays down and he pulls her closer to him. She doesn't protest as she's sleepy and tired. She hides her face in the nape of his neck. He wraps his right arm and leg around her petite body. She instantly falls asleep as his warmth embraces her. She again wakes up around 10:30 as her phone starts beeping. She stirs in her sleep. She feels like hot lava is wrapped around her body. She slowly opens her eyes and finds her face buried in the nape of his neck. She quietly escapes from his grip making sure not to wake him up. She goes to the bathroom and does her morning business. She steps out of the shower and goes to the closet. She slips into her clothes before stepping out of the closet. She goes down to the kitchen with her phone. She makes lunch as it's almost lunchtime. She sits down munching her lunch when her eyes fall on her phone. She turns it on and sees a missed call from Naushad. She instantly calls him back. 

Naushad: Hello!

Jaimi: Good morning Bhai! Uh... sorry woh meine aap ka call abhi dekha. 

Naushad: Nahi, koi baat nahi! Kya tum abhi mere ghar aa sakhti ho?

Jaimi: Abhi? I mean haan aa jaati hoon. 

Naushad: Thik hain! I'm waiting for you. 

Jaimi: Ok.

Naushad hangs up the call. Jaimi quickly eats her lunch and cleans up. She goes to their room with a coffee. She puts the coffee on the side table and shakes Darshan a bit. His shirt is completely wet due to the sweat and his body is burning hot. She quickly grabs the first aid kit which is downstairs. She measures his tempreture which is 103. She wakes him up and he sits up. She dials Dr. Khanna's number. After talking to her for a few minutes, she helps Darshan up from the bed. She has him brush his teeth and takes a shower with warm water. She makes the bed while he does that. She calls Naushad. 

Jaimi: Hello?

Naushad: Haan?

Jaimi: Bhai, kya mein 4-5 baje ke aas paas aa sakhti hoon?

Naushad: Tum thik ho?

Jaimi: Mein thik hoon par Darshan...

Naushad: Usko kya hua?

Jaimi: Usko 103 fever hain!

Naushad: It's okay tum uske paas raho. Hum meeting baadme karenge!

Jaimi: It's fine! Mein thodi derr baad aati hoon. 

Naushad: Ok. Agar nahi aa pao toh tension mat lena! Kuch zaroorat ho toh call kar dena. 

Jaimi: Ji!

Jaimi hangs up the call as Darshan walks towards her. She sits him down on the bed and hands him a cup of coffee. 

Jaimi: Tum thik ho?

Darshan: Haan par thoda sar dard hain!

Jaimi nods her head and goes down to the kitchen as he sips his coffee. She makes tomato soup for him. She goes back with a bowl. She sits beside him on the bed. She holds a spoonful of soup in front of him mouth. He looks away.

Jaimi: Kya hua?

Darshan: Mujhe khaane ka mann nahi hain! Meri dawaii dedo. 

Jaimi: Khaali pet dawaii nahi khate! Jitna mann ho utna pee lo. 

He agrees after seeing her puppy please eyes. She has him drink the whole bown. She lays him down on the bed after giving him his medicine. She places wet strips on his forehead. He falls asleep while she sits beside him on the bed working. He wakes up around 3:45. He sits up and finds her working beside him. She puts her laptop away and checks his tempreture with the thermometer. It's normal now. He gets up and stretches. 

Jaimi: How are you feeling?

Darshan: Thik hoon ab!

She measure his temperature again with her hand. His body tempreture is pretty normal, but his t-shirt again is wet. 

Jaimi: Kya mein kuch kaam se bahar jaa sakhti hoon?

Darshan: Haan! Thank you ki tumne mera khyaal rakha. I know I was a mess last night. 

Jaimi simply nods her head. She grabs her phone and purse before going downstairs. He follows her. Just as he's about to close the door, she pushes it open again. 

Darshan: Kuch bhool gae? 

Jaimi: Uh... nahi! I mean haan...

Darshan: Kya?

Jaimi: Haan woh tum fresh ho jaana aur tumhare liye khana table pe rakha hain. Dinner ka order meine confirm kar diya hain so ek ghante mein aata hi hoga. Deserts bhi fridge mein hi hain, in case I get late. And... haan, koi bhi medicine mat lena aur kuch bhi aisa lage toh call kar dena. 

Darshan: Ok. Abhi jao tumhara koi intezaar kar raha hoga. I can manage! 

Jaimi: Yeah, I saw that last night!

Darshan closes the door behind her. He smiles to himself seeing how concerned she was about him. His mood is down again as the pictures from yesterday come in front of his eyes. He shakes his head to clear all the thoughts. He gets fresh and cleans his room and the house to make sure it looks decent. Jaimi, on the other end, reaches Naushad's house. She rings the bell. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Jaimi's comment on Darshan being a kid was too cute. Who else thought that?

What is those picture of? Why did Naushad call Jaimi to his house?

Thank you for reading! Tell me your thoughts on it by commenting. Love you guys!    ~Jahan💖

***********************************************************************************************

Ok guys, do you guys want me to start a new book, called Covid Diaries? 

In this, we can talk about whatever you guys want like real-world issues or quarantine. In general, anything!

Should I start a book like that? 

Tell me your opinion!

***********************************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 600 37
"Ada Malhotra" I always thought that I will marry the one i love. But My life wanted something else for me that i didn't expected. "Amaan Singhania...
103K 5.9K 35
"If you weren't happy marrying me as a deal then why did you ? To ruin my life or something like that perhaps since that's what everyone wants to do...
81K 5.3K 50
What happens when, Anayaa Dixit - the to-be Nutritionist's Parents fix her engagement with the singing sensation, Darshan Raval? Will they agree to g...
258K 15.2K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...