Twisting Destiny

By PickledPlumssss

After dying in a tragic accident, Rhianne found herself transmigrated in a novel world as a character. To her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Special Chapter 1.1
Special Chapter 1.2
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 44

4K 192 0
By PickledPlumssss

That night, the Cartel family had their dinner in one of the best French restaurants that Francis chose. While eating the delicious foods in front of them, they are happily talking with each other. Tim proudly shared his eldest son's achievements in their company to Carmie and Rhianne. Because of Tim's praises, Francis felt a little shy. Rhianne congratulated her brother for doing his best in the company.

"It was a group effort. If my colleagues did not help me, I am sure that I cannot finish that project on time." Francis said. He cannot just receive all the praises from them since he did that project with his colleagues.

"But you still did your best! You are so amazing, brother!" Rhianne praised Francis again. She is very proud of him and it is visible on her face. "I am sure a lot of girls have a crush on you in the company."

"What are you trying to imply now?" Francis asked with a raised brow.

"Brother, when are you going to bring my future sister-in-law to our house?"

"What sister-in-law are you talking about?" Francis asked while poking her forehead. "I should be the one asking you about that. What is your current status with that brat?"

"Brother!"

"What?"

"Stop it!"

"I did not mention a name yet. And I am just asking." Francis said before he took a small sip of his wine.

"Rhianne, is it really true that the youngest Lancester is courting you?" Tim casually asked his daughter.

"Well, that..."

"See? You cannot even give us a proper answer. I knew it! Maybe I should punch that brat so he will leave you alone."

"Do it and I will not talk to you for the next three months, brother." Rhianne threatened.

"What the... Are you seriously choosing that brat over me?"

"Because you are planning something bad to Keith."

"You two, stop it." Carmie stopped her children from bickering. "Francis, stop threatening that child. You are older than them so you should act like one. You too, Rhianne. Stop bickering with your brother."

"But he started it." Rhianne muttered in a low voice.

"Rhianne, I asked you a question. Is Keith courting you?" Tim asked.

"Uhmm... That's... Well... Not really?" Rhianne answered while playing with the broccoli on her plate. "But he is waiting for my answer whether I like him too or not."

"So do you like him or not?"

"Dad!" Rihanna whined.

"I am just asking you, Rhianne." Tim reminded her. "You do not have to react like that every time we ask you about it."

"But still..."

"Well?"

"That... Of course, I like him. But I am not sure if I like him romantically or not." Rhianne answered while her voice is slowly turning into a whisper.

Rhianne does not feel awkward and she can be honest with her family because she trusts them the most. She knew that they will never make a decision that can hurt her in any way. Since they were already aware of her situation, Rhianne chose to be honest with them and asked the question that is bugging her for a long time.

"Keith told me that he can wait for my answer."

"Wait, what? When did it happen?" Francis asked in surprise.

"Ugh... Before we entered college? I thought Dr. Calvin had told you about it?"

"He never told me anything about it!"

"Oh. Then that is not my problem anymore.

Rhianne took a deep breathe first before she continued.

"The truth is, I am getting anxious every time I was reminded of it. I am afraid to give him the wrong answer which can possibly hurt him. What should I tell Keith when the day comes he ask me again about it?"

When they saw Rhianne's blushing cheeks and distressed expression, Carmie and Tim looked at each other before they let out a sigh. Even Francis is shaking his head. Rhianne is treating that brat so well. Isn't it natural to be hurt if you get rejected by the person you like?

"Rhianne, we cannot give you the answer to your problem. Only you can know what is the right decision for that. The only thing we can do for you is to give our support no matter what you choose in the future." Carmie said.

Rhianne listened carefully to her mother's words before nodding her head. She was right. She should not depend on their answers about it. It should be her who needs to give Keith an answer.

When they saw that Rhianne's expression, Carmie secretly smiled and looked at her husband. As parents, of course, they only want the best for their children. Although Rhianne is still young, they do not want to control her life including her romantic relationship. They can give their opinions about it, but they do not want to interfere with the things that only Rhianne can decide.

As for her relationship with Keith, just let fate decide for them. Carmie and Tim know that they can trust Rhianne to make a good decision in the end.

-//-//-

The next day, Rhianne is walking with Keith in the school hallway early in the morning while sipping her chocolate milkshake. Keith fetched her from their house since both of them have the same class in the morning.

"Rhia, you are so clumsy sometimes." Keith scolded her. "How come you did not notice that your ID was missing?"

Before they entered the campus, the guard stopped Rhianne from entering because she cannot show her ID card. Even though most of the students enrolled in their school came from rich families, rules and disciplines are still strictly implemented here. Because Rhianne cannot show her ID, she was given a written warning and was asked to arrange the books in the library later after school for two hours.

"You do not have to be that mad, Mr. Protagonist. Maybe I just left it in my room or the library yesterday. If I really cannot find it anymore, then I am just going to ask for a new school ID later so the guard will easily let me enter the school tomorrow."

"That's not the point here, Rhia. What if they use your school ID to do something bad? It will greatly affect your safety and reputation."

"I'm sorry, okay? You do not have to worry that much. Mr. Protagonist."

Keith can only look at Rhianne with squinted eyes before letting out a defeated sigh.

"I already texted my brother to look for my ID at our house. If I really can't find it, then I will just ask for a new one." Rhianne said. And then, she remembered something. "By the way, I apologize for my brother's rudeness towards you earlier, Mr. Protagonist. Tell Hansel my apology too later." Rhianne said.

Rhianne suddenly remembered the sharp gazes that Francis gave to Keith earlier. It was as if he was giving Keith a hidden warning.

"It's okay. Your brother has always been like that towards me. I am already used to it." Keith flatly said.

That's right. Rhianne already noticed that Francis is always kind of rude towards her Mr. Protagonist. When she asked her brother why, he said that he just simply do not like him. No matter how much she tried to change her brother's mind, Francis refused to treat Keith with kindness. Rhianne can only pat Keith's shoulder to show her sympathy.

"It's okay, Mr. Protagonist. You do not have to mind him that much."

"Wrong. I should do my best to become acquainted with your brother."

"Hmm?" Rhianne hummed while sipping on her drink.

"I should do that since he is the brother of the girl I really like. Naturally, I need to make a good impression on him."

Rhianne choked on her milkshake and started to cough. It was fortunate that she did not create a mess out of it. Keith gently rubbed her back and whispered a soft apology. Although Rhianne is glaring at him, her burning cheeks still sold her out.

"You!"

"Me?"

"Yes, you! You are so...Ugh!" Rhianne puffed her cheeks before pushing Keith away from her.

"Heh. You are already cute. There is no need for you to act like that." Keith said with a laugh.

Rhianne glared at him for the last time before she quickened her steps. Her Mr. Protagonist has really changed! Where is her cute and shy little Keith? Why did he turn into a man who likes to tease her so much?

Rhianne was about to turn around when someone called her name. Before she can turn her head, a pair of slender arms suddenly wrapped around her body.

"Who..."

"I finally found you!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 42.9K 47
ORIGINAL STORY!!!! She transmigrated into a novel, destined to die in the hands of her best friend, unable to yield to destiny she rewritten hers. Sh...
28.2K 871 93
Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned upside down by a crazy Duke who happens t...
2.9K 135 19
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
170 0 16
"I don't care who you are. But stay away from my girl." "Let's see whom she really belongs to..." ** What do you do when you find out that you are j...