half/closer | GirlXGirl

By reversereverie

• English • half/closer - Hilary and Khloe ❝ Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of your own f... More

half / 1
half / 2
half / 3
half / 4
half / 5
half / 6
half / 7
half / 8
half / 9
half / 10
half / 11
half / 12
half / 13
half / 14
half / 15
half / 16
half / 17
half / 18
half / 19
half / 20
half / 21
half / 22
half / 23
half / 24
half / 25
26 / closer
27 / closer
28 / closer
29 / closer
30 / closer
31 / closer
32 / closer
33 / closer
34 / closer
35 / closer
36 / closer
37 / closer
38 / closer
39 / closer
40 / closer
41 / closer
42 / closer
43 / closer
44 / closer
half / closer
Bonus Chapter

45 / closer

2K 99 107
By reversereverie

*trigger warning*

The rain poured out of nowhere, causing me to bolt into the cab in a hurry. Once I was in, I placed the box of art material beside me with a smile. I was certain that Hilary was going to give me an earful of rant for buying her another set of brushes. Last month, I had surprised her when we went to an art gallery of her favorite modern artist. She was so ecstatic to see those modern arts with me. She even managed to buy one of his masterpiece as a keepsake for attending a launching event for the first time.

All I ever wanted is to make her happy. Since we moved in together three months ago, our relationship got stronger. Although there were some arguments, we wouldn't let it pass midnight and would just talk it out like a mature couple. We shared our dreams with each other and we adjusted our flaws according to our individuality. We both struggled to manage our schedules because she'd started her part-time job in a library near the university just two weeks ago while I was chasing deadlines for my freelancing clients. But eventually, we coped up with our time and still succeeded to take care of our naughty little babies. We would also make time to cuddle and occasionally, we would end up making love whenever we weren't tired at all. Even if we were tired at all.

I could see myself every day with her like this and I wouldn't even get bored. Surely, because her kisses could melt me like a marshmallow. It was comical to say that because I had claimed to her that she was a terrible kisser but look at me now. I would always crave for her lips and I couldn't even get my hands off her. How ironic that is!

It was like just yesterday when we couldn't even co-exist in one room. We were so adamant being in each other's throat just because I would always make fun of Arisa. The first time we'd met, she was so friendly and even smiled at me. She looked like a pretty mannequin among the wild animals in the forest, not fitting in at all. We could be friends easily because we both love arts but it just so happened that she'd started associating herself with Arisa, my infamous frenemies. Hence why our connection turned into a long roller coaster ride.

However, I didn't regret getting through those moments with her, including the pranks I'd executed and our constant bickering after. Despite all that mess, we still found each other's soul— a chance that's so rare. One of a billion collisions of heart, body, and mind.

My trail of thoughts faded once my phone beeped, indicating I received a message. Unlocking my screen, an inspired smile sprung on my face as I read her text for me, telling me that she missed me already and asking where was I already.

I knew that Hilary couldn't wait anymore and the thoughts of myself posing for her naked as her model sparked my skin on fire. She'd mentioned to me that she needed someone for her nude art and I was so quick to offer myself even if it was going to be embarrassing for my own good. I wouldn't let anyone pose naked for her ever. I couldn't trust myself being in control anymore because she was truly testing my patience by making me jealous. She would flirt with someone I don't even know sometimes. It was harmless though. I clearly knew that she was just messing with me to get back on my relentless pranks. However, she was pushing me to the edge already.

I instantly replied to her that I would be there in five. Then I looked at my watch and hoped that the rain would stop eventually once I get home. I didn't bring an umbrella with me but I supposed it's fine because I was going to get naked for her anyway. Might as well show myself in a wet form to add some twist.

Once the cab halted in front of our apartment, I immediately hopped out with the box around my arms, then ran towards the front door while shielding myself from the rain. I opened our door confused because usually, our puppies would welcome me as soon as I come in. But they were nowhere to be found.

"Waltz, I'm home!" I called out but no one responded. The sound of the rain pouring outside was amplifying the silence inside our place. In puzzlement, I headed upstairs to search for my fiancée, only to be greeted by a shattered ceramic bowl on the floor. Despite the gnawing sense of fear within me, I sauntered through the hallway and went straight to my study room carefully. The itching feeling on my chest could be just a false alarm but I wasn't stupid to let my guard down. I started to embrace my nightmare, acknowledging them as my intuition speaking to me, not a reminder of my tragedy.

After placing the box on my desk, I took my gun from my hidden compartment and loaded it without wavering. Then I stood up, hiding the weapon behind me, and silently walked to our bedroom next door. Hilary's presence wasn't there but our puppies were inside which made it weirder. I told her two days ago to not let them play inside our bedroom after they'd chomped our pillows to pieces.

Snor stayed still on the top of the bed while Pixel and Claude gave me their puppy looks as they marched back and forth on the side of the bed, scared to jump from its height. However, I was more concerned about my fiancée whereabouts because it was strange for her to just leave our babies there. I just closed the door, knowing that they were going to be safe inside our bedroom.

But before I could even turn around, an arm latched around my neck tight, cutting the air out of my lungs. They even managed to hold my wrist behind my back to control the gun in my hand.

"Be still, bitch!" an unfamiliar male voice uttered in my ear. His tone was possessed with lunacy and spiteful intent.

I tried to pull his arm off me but he was too strong, my nails were already digging through his rough skin. I could feel my throat twisting in pain while I sought a breath of air, suffocating. Tears started to pour down from my eyes as I struggled out of his stronghold. It felt like death was already tugging my feet down under.

Realizing I wasn't strong enough, I just used my weight to shove him back against the wall, causing his arm to loosen. It gave me an opportunity to elbow him on his side, earning a grunt of pain from him. Then I quickly put away a distance and aimed my gun at my assailant, only to be rooted on my spot.

"T-Timothy?" I spoke his name like a ghost as I looked at him disoriented.

Timothy gave me a dangerous lop-sided smile. He had changed so much since the last time I saw him being dragged by the authorities in our school. His body seemed like been abused and his eyes were already red in the intoxication of drugs. He was no longer the football quarterback who sat once at our table. He was already destroyed by the influence of bad decisions.

"I'm back for revenge. And I'll start with you," he said as he straightened treacherously. Every word he let out gave me a tremendous dread, not only for myself but also for my friends. For Hilary.

"Where is she?! Where's Hilary?!" I cried out, holding my gun firmly in rage.

He laughed out cynically. "Why don't we have a trade? I'll give you Hilary in exchange for your life and Bailey's sanity. You owe me anyway for making my life miserable."

In vast anger, I shot him on his right leg, stumbling him back against the wall behind him. He screamed out loud in pain, clenching his jaw tightly while he bled out immediately from the wound I inflicted on him without faltering.

"I don't owe anything from any bastard!!! Where is she?! I swear if you don't tell me where she is, I'll shoot you in your head this time!"

Timothy hissed at me, his eyes dominated with fury. "Y-You'll pay for everything!!"

"Where is she?!!" I repeated my question, this time in desperation. Not knowing where Hilary could have been was already twisting my mind towards insanity.

He slid down on the floor, his vicious glare still on mine while his blood dripped on his leg, binding him on his spot. "She's in your backyard. Don't worry, I made sure to bury her deep down enough to be fed by the dirt and roots."

Wrath finally blinded me as I marked my gun to his head. I felt nothing but abhorrence to myself— to my weakness. For not being enough to protect my love from my own tragedy. Then I let go of my own rationality, allowing the dark to consume what was left of me, heaving all humane that was holding me from killing.

But my instinct alarmed me up and I quickly twisted around to protect myself from behind. But I was already too late as I recognized the stinging pain on my neck and eventually, my body failed me. Then a familiar arm held me from falling, his dark cold eyes looked at me with unbounded obsession.

"Hello, my dear Khloe," Jet murmured, dark longing in his voice. "Sleep for now. I promise we'll be together."

I fought for myself, wanting revenge than anything in this world. But my consciousness started to drift away as my eyelids began to descent. If death wanted me so much, then why couldn't it just claim me alone? Why did it have to take away the most important person in my life? Why it had to be Hilary? Was my life truly a mere debt? For being the other child? For being born by accident? For being saved by the devil himself? If so, then I would let death take me to nowhere. Just let my Hilary live even without me.

With one last silent cry, I faded into blankness, offering all of myself willingly.

..............

A splash of liquid hitting my body instantly woke me up. Adjusting my eyes, my sight went directly to the burn barrel just a few steps away from me, lighting the darkness of the night inside the familiar warehouse. As my vision adjusted completely, all my senses functioned altogether. It was cold, causing my body to shiver. I was laying on my side on the murky ground, tied with a rope around my wrist while it connected down to my fastened ankles. My body was wet and reeking of a strange smell I couldn't figure out. But when a known man walked to my line of sight and tossed a red can aside, I instantly realized that he poured an amount of gasoline on me.

So this was it? Jet was gonna burn me alive? This is how he wanted me to end? To be engulfed with fire and roast to ashes. A deserving finale for a person who couldn't even protect her loved ones.

I looked at him weakly as he stood before me, my lips broke out into a tired smile. "Jet, just get on with it. K-Kill me whichever you want. Just make sure this is the end between us."

Jet sat down on the floor and stared down at me almost like he was regretting all of this. But I knew that was impossible because I wouldn't be here if that was the case. "As I expected, you are already at the point of exhaustion due to this dispute between us," he said nodding. "I understand, Khloe. I am also tired of all of this. So that's why I took us here. Do you remember this place?"

I merely nodded, identifying the abandoned warehouse we used to go to when I was still a member of a false society they'd created for me as a trap.

"This is where we started and this is where it all ends," Jet stated in a distorted joy. "You almost got away from me. And I couldn't even go closer to you because of your cunning sister's influence and the fatal witch lurking with your mistress all the time. I didn't have a choice but to gamble with my freedom in order for all of you to believe that I wasn't a threat anymore. But unfortunately for you, I am more powerful underground and I have devoted lads helping me inside. I waited and waited in that disgusting cage. And here we are, Khloe, preparing for our ritual."

I almost laughed bitterly. My intuition was right. He had meant to be captured because that was his plan all along. He wanted us to let our guard down to achieve his goal.

"Why don't you just aim your gun at my head and murder me?!" I hissed, mad that he was dragging all of this for a long time now. I had no more reason to live anymore, knowing that Hilary had perished because of me. The air in my lungs was already a sinful reminder of how unworthy I am to live further.

Jet shook his skinhead, letting out a forced grin. He looked like a devil trying to play with a child. "Not yet. We must bind together first. In fact, you have to thank me. I've thought about this a lot. I love you, Khloe and all I want for you is to be happy with me. So even though I find it repulsive, I've come to a decision to include the slut who took you away from me."

His words instantly frightened my whole being. "Wha-What the hell do you mean?"

"Ah, they're here finally," he said, clapping his hands in enthusiasm. He stood up and my head shifted to the footsteps coming towards us. My veins nearly popped out of my skin when I saw drugged Hilary being hauled by the staggering Timothy. I didn't know if I should be happy that she was alive or be tormented because I had already involved her with my shít to this extent.

"No! Jet, kill me alone! Don't you fuckíng touch her!" I yelled in determination, struggling to break free.

"Yes, we're going to be together in hell!" Jet screamed back at me while dragging a chair, positioning it a distance away, facing me. Timothy carried Hilary there and started tying her up. There was a fresh cut on the side of her brow and her lips were already pale. She was trying to open her eyes but she was too weak, the state of her mind and body was already shutting down. I wanted to crawl to her and hug her tight, whisper in her ears that everything was going to be alright. It hurt to see her like this because of me.

Jet walked towards them and tapped Timothy's shoulder. "And this lad here will help us to complete the ritual. For his own revenge. I was right to help him out of the prison. The debt must be paid, Khloe. This is your responsibility for pulling a prank on him and make his life miserable. Just like you've done to me. All I did was to save you and yet I paid all the price. Your life is not nearly enough for the both of us. Your slut also must spill the blood for your payment. But don't worry, I'll make sure that we're going to stay in one room in hell. As I've said, I want us to be happy. That's the purpose of this ritual."

'Dammit! I need to save Hilary even if it will cause my life.' Those were the thoughts in my head, shutting down all the sick ideas of these two psychopaths. I just focused on how I could save Hilary from this. I already gave up a while ago but finding out that my fiancée was still alive instantly changed my mindset.

I slanted my body vaguely and pushed one of the buttons of the digital watch, unfastening the wristband. Then I blindly grabbed it in my hand, pushing another button again, reversing a hidden small sharp razor blade out of the watch, just enough to scratch the single rope pulling my tied wrist and ankle together.

"Please, I'll do everything. Just spare her life," I cried out as I subtly began to cut the rope behind me and distract them at the same time. I widened the proximity of my eyes around to assess the situation and searched for any tools I could find while I soothed my heart down to a minimum.

Jet clicked his tongue before forcing a manic grin again. "It's too late already. Let's begin the ritual, shall we?"

I didn't know what kind of despicable ritual he was talking about but I clearly knew that he wanted to mock me because that was the prank I pulled on Timothy the day before he was detained in the rehabilitation with his help. Ignorant to his plan, I cut the rope faster behind my back while I watched Timothy looking at me with a demented smile. He already tied my Hilary completely in the chair, her blonde hair almost hid her beautiful face with her head down. I didn't know what they injected in her. So the more she stays in that state, the more danger she was in. I needed to get her out of here as soon as possible.

"First, we need the fire of hell!" Jet yelled out, kicking the burn barrel down. The fire started to spread around us, overwhelming the tainted fiber walls. I desperately scratched the blade faster against the rope behind me that I started to cut my skin too. Jet bowed while lifting his arms open, cackling as the fire reflected on his dark eyes.

"Burn! Burn! Burn! Let the gate open!" he exclaimed harmoniously and then he abruptly pulled his gun and fired away without caution, causing my eyes to close in terror. The two bullets produced a painful sound through my ears. My heart acted upon the trepidation poisoning my existence as it raced at an abnormal rate once again.

The sound of a fallen body urged me to open my eyes, freeing the tears down to my face. I looked at the icy blue eyes staring dead at me. Timothy was shot twice, one on his chest and another on his head. My eyes shifted in dread to Hilary and she was still there, barely breathing——almost lifeless.

Jet marched towards Timothy, kneeling down, and rubbed his palm against the blood trickling out of his head. "Then a sacrificial blood to bind us together in hell," he said eyes wide, brushing the red liquid on his face which appalled me to the core. The sound of the burning walls and falling roofs around us indicated that it wasn't safe anymore. The air was becoming thin every second as the fire consumed everything. As the dark disbursed Jet's remaining sanity.

"S-Stop!" I bawled out when he turned to Hilary, grabbing her face roughly, and applied an amount of blood on her face.

Then Jet kneeled down on me next and caressed my cheeks with blood in his hands. He was almost relieved as he stared at me, the tears on his eyes crossed over his blood-stained face. "Sssshh...Ohh Khloe, don't cry. Let the fire skin us alive. I promised you that I'll do worst, right? But my love for you is too much that I'm willing to share you with your dirty slut in hell. Or you could share her with me. I won't mind if we both fúck her all over anyway if that's what you want."

With so much hatred, I spat on his face, causing his jaw to clench in anger. "Fùck you!!! I'll make sure to kill you in hell over and over again!" I exclaimed, my blood is raging in so much hate just like the hell itself entrapping us at this moment.

"I change my mind, you ungrateful dyke!" Jet groaned and drew his gun out again, turning around to murder my beloved next. But before he could even pull the trigger, I finally managed to cut the rope and I gave all my strength to push myself up, slamming my body against him.

We both stumbled on the ground but I crawled away immediately with my ankle and wrist still tangled. I looked over my shoulder and watched as he glared at me before looking for his gun which was flown away from his hand when I knocked him.

When I finally reached Timothy's lifeless body, I grabbed the only weapon I could use before rolling around to face the devil. Jet lifted his arms to point his firearm at me so I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger, shooting him with my own pistol gun multiple times all over his body.

I blinked so hard when he collapsed to the ground once again, his eyes were in shock as he stared at me but a genuine smile appeared on his lips before death came upon his whole being. Jet was dead. He died in my own hands. I didn't have any choice but to kill him... I didn't have any choice.

Once I realized that I'd murdered him, I released a broken gasp as if I'd been holding my breath for a long time now. However, this wasn't the right moment to think about my conscience. Turning back to Timothy's body, I tossed the empty gun aside, grabbed the blade from his hip, and quickly released myself. Then I stood up and ran to Hilary, cutting the rope around her torso while the fire around us kept on swarming further, destroying everything.

With all the remaining strength I had, I put her arm around my shoulder and placed mine under her thighs, carrying her weak body up. I carefully jogged as fast as I could, avoiding the fire towards the entrance on the far side. I could already feel my throat being choked up by the dense smoke surrounding us but I refused to give up. Hilary was going to live her life to the fullest once she gets out of this.

We were already near the double iron door but I was stopped by the screeching sound of the roof above us. I hurriedly spun around to shield ourselves from the falling debris and when I turned back, the burning roofs and metals were already blocking our way to the entrance.

"Dammit!" I cussed in frustration, then coughing out from the smoke I inhaled from the wreckage. But I couldn't just give in so I ran towards the remaining exit, further at the end. I stopped before the overhead coiling metal door and looked for its chain, while the fire chased us behind with its treacherous fervor.

Once I found it, I placed Hilary down on the side and then grabbed the tarnished chain with my two hands. I heaved it down, grunting with all my vigor but it was already stuck due to its timeworn rust. I pulled it down again with all my might but I was unsuccessful.

"Fùck! Shìt! Śhit! Śhit! Somebody help!! Somebody help us!!!" I cursed out loud, kicking the metal door repeatedly. Tears continued to stream down my face, wishing silently for a miracle. My mind was already on haywire, not knowing what to do next. We were already trapped and the fire was already destroyed half of the warehouse. But then a warm hand grasped my wrist softly, causing my head to drop to my fiancée.

"K-Klo," Hilary mumbled faintly and I straightaway kneeled in front of her. Holding her face with my filthy hands, I looked into her half-closed azure eyes, wiping off the blood from her stunning face. Her eyes reflected a bit of blazing calamity behind me, yet they were still so beautiful. My Hilary is so beautiful.

"Waltz, it's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay," I chanted, comforting her fondly.

She let out a weak smile as she gazed back at me, the chaos of deep fire bordering us. "I... I love... I love y-you."

A wretched sob freed from my mouth as I placed my forehead against hers. "I love you, Hilary. I... I love you so much."

Closing my eyes, I cherished her warmth, memorizing her fragrance, and tracing every inch of her skin. If this was going to be the end of our waltz, I just wished that death dance with us, celebrating our love for each other. Accepting that we were one soul merged together in this realm and nothing could separate us anymore, even the death itself.

Because even at our demise, Hilary Damien is mine and no one could ever take her away from her Summer. Since she is my only other half..... my wife-to-be.

.............

A/N: I'm so sorry.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406K 18.6K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
43.8K 1.7K 21
Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her ex girlfriend and former ex best friend S...
202K 5.4K 36
《UNDER A MAJOR EDITING》 Sophia Miami lives loving herself as a bisexual, but never found herself in relationship. She forgotten everything about he...
37.9K 2.4K 39
An angry senior grieving the absence of a best friend navigates a blended family and finds hope in first love. Kareena hates everything. Freya is lo...