Coffee With Stranger

By zaverivishal

A girl shifted to the new city with high hopes. Made friends for life. She falls in love, but she didn't know... More

Copyright
Take Off
First Day
Anonymous Note
The Walk
Review Meeting
The Affair
The Escalator
The Party
Anonymous Date
Between Us
The Murder
The Investigation
The Interrogation
The Cliff
The Hope
The Chowpatty
Coffee with Stranger
The Clue
The Confession

Hyderabad Tour

45 3 0
By zaverivishal

Weeks flew by in a similar pattern where I was extremely busy with my work and during weekends, I was catching up with Vivan for coffee or dinner.

It was a Monday morning and I had just woken up as I had a late-night chat with Vivan. I did not feel like going to work but somehow pulled myself out of bed and got ready for work.

I was just about to enter the escalator where I saw a hand stopping the door from closing. It was none other than that handsome man from the 19th floor. I wanted to talk to him but somehow I couldn't gather the courage to open up.

I cleared my throat and moved my face to the other direction. The escalator stopped on the 19th floor where that guy has to go. I was just looking at him from the behind wanting to break the silence but no luck.

I entered my office and set on my desk and started my work. In the afternoon, the boss has called an urgent meeting without telling the agenda. People have gathered in the board room and set on the chairs.

There was complete silence as the boss entered the room. He proudly announces that the company has bagged the new contract from Hyderabad based company. He also announces that he wants to open a branch office in Hyderabad if everything goes as per the plan.

He said that he had called up this meeting to announce the team for the new project at Hyderabad.

He also mentioned that there will be a team of 2 people who will initially go to Hyderabad and meet the client to fix up the formality and way ahead.

These 2 names were:

1) Vivan Malik

2) Isha Kapoor

I was so happy to hear my name with Vivan as I will now get more time to spend with Vivan. We have to move to Hyderabad in two days. I looked at the Vivan and winked him with a smile on my face.

During the lunch break, both I and Vivan were making plans for the Hyderabad tour. Payal had suggested us to visit Charminar and Ramoji film city. By the evening the complete itinerary of the Hyderabad tour was fixed and air tickets were also booked for me and Vivan.

As planned we landed at Hyderabad airport. There was a cab waiting for us to take us to the hotel where we will stay.

"It was a hectic journey," I said to Vivan.

"Ya it was, I hate afternoon flights, that too when it is not a direct flight" Vivan replied as he put his luggage into the cab.

"Excuse me, we have a booking in the name of Vivan Malik," Vivan asked the receptionist.

"Sure sir, let me check your booking. It is in the name of Mr. Vivan and Miss Isha right sir?" She asked for the confirmation.

"Yes, that's right" Vivan replied.

"Room number 102 and 103 on the first floor. Here is your keys sir" She handed over the room keys to Vivan.

Me: "its 6:50 pm, I want to get fresh first before we go for dinner."

Vivan: "I have a better plan for dinner, let's go out and explore the city, we may take our dinner somewhere out, what say?"

Me: " Good Idea, I love exploring new places, let's go."

Vivan: "And I Love you"

We both broke in laughter.

After half an hour, Vivan came down from his room and waiting at the lounge for me to come. I wore a light pink casual frock as I came out of the lift.

Vivan: "Gorgeous, every woman must own a pink frock. Beautiful and stylish – my love."

Me: "Thanks love" I smiled after receiving the praise from my love.

Me: "Where do we go? Do you have any place in mind?"

Vivan: "I have heard about the Taco Bell restaurant near Galleria Mall. We can explore that place; let me check it in Zomato as well"

Me: "Mexican! Wow. Mexican food is my weakness, and I am hungry too. Let's go there."

We reached the restaurant in the next 15 minutes. The restaurant had a nice ambience and cream crowd. We ordered our food and were waiting for drinks and food to be served when I broke the silence by asking Vivan If he had been to Hyderabad before.

"Yeah, I had been to this place once with my friend Chintan. He is an artist and he got a project in some serial, so we went to Ramoji film city. But it was long back, maybe around 6-7 years back. A lot has changed in the city since then."

We chit-chatted about life in Mumbai and enjoyed the scrumptious food.

Vivan asked me for dessert and my face glowed with just the thought of ice-cream.

My complete expression was changed while eating the ice-cream and Vivan couldn't help staring at me. Something about me was pulling him to me.

We were in the car going back to the hotel after completing the dinner date.

Me: "Thank you Vivan for this wonderful evening, for this delicious Mexican food and a big thank you for the ice-cream. And thank you for calling me, LOVE".

Vivan smiled while he looked in my eyes.

Me: "You know what Vivan, you look so good smiling, and you could try smiling more often."

Vivan: "I will try, thanks for the appreciation and suggestion – my love."

We reached the hotel and I turned towards Vivan and thanked him once again and walked towards my room. Vivan waited for me to enter the room and then he also went inside his room.

As soon as I entered the room I jumped on the bed enjoying the softness of the bed with a huge body-sized pillow. I couldn't believe I was there.

In the next room, Vivan was just out of the shower and sleep was some miles away so he thought of browsing the channels on the TV.

The next day at 7:00 am, Vivan messaged me to meet down for breakfast in the next 30 minutes. Hearing the beep of the message, I woke up and rushed into the bathroom for a shower and was down in the cafeteria in the next 15 minutes. I was dressed in a navy blue business suit with a knee-length skirt and looked stunning. My hair was perfect and I had worn pearls in my ears.

As soon as I entered the cafeteria, I noticed Vivan was sitting in the open garden area engrossed in reading the newspaper.

Me: "Good morning, sorry for a bit late"

Vivan was zapped looking at me in my attire. He cleared his throat and wished me back.

Vivan ordered omelette for breakfast while I ordered cut fruits and coffee.

Vivan: "Only fruits and coffee? Why don't you try omelette? They are good and tummy-filling" Vivan said while going back to reading the newspaper.

I kept staring at the newspaper thinking how someone can be so engrossed in the newspaper when a beautiful girl is sitting right opposite to him.

Sensing something, Vivan folded his newspaper and raised his eyebrows asking Isha "what"

Me: "No I don't want, I am a pure vegetarian so no eggs for me, thanks."

Vivan: "You know what? You should have your breakfast like a king or else you will faint."

Me: "You are there for me na?" I Smirked

Vivan: "How easily you have started trusting me. Let's finish the breakfast quickly; the client's office is about 45 minutes away."

Me: "How do you know that?"

Vivan: Google told me, madam, now please hurry up"

We reached to the client's office at around 09:30 am. Both of them were waiting at the lounge for the client to come. At around 10 am, the meeting was started in the boardroom. It was hardly half an hour passed, my phone rang loudly.

I forgot to put it in the silent mode. So embarrassing! I immediately grabbed my phone from the table and cut the phone call. I turned the phone to silent mode so that it will not ring again.

After about a minute, a WhatsApp message got flashed on my mobile screen. I again ignored it as there was an important discussion going on. Again within a minute, two more WhatsApp messages got flashed. I got furious at first and took the phone in her hand to read the message.

"Please call me immediately, it's urgent" it was a message from Payal. I didn't respond and put the phone again on the table. Within no minutes, another message got popped up as there was no response on the earlier messages.

"Excuse me, I am coming back in a while," I said to the forum sitting in the boardroom. I grabbed my phone and pushed myself out of the boardroom as soon as possible.

I called up Payal to check what is the urgency that she keeps on sending the messages.

"Hello Payal, tell me why are you sending me constant messages, I am in a meeting with the client. Can't we talk later?" – I furiously said to Payal.

Payal: "Sorry Isha, I am disturbing you, Isha I got an envelope in your name from the admin department, and they gave it to me since you were not here. I found it unusual as nothing is written on it. I thought I should talk to you on this. If you are busy, we can talk later. Bye"

Me: "Envelope without the name?" I said with my eyebrows up. This must be another anonymous note. I talked to myself.

"Can you please open it and tell me what is inside?" I requested Payal to open the envelope to check what is inside.

Payal: "Ok, wait a minute. Isha there is a note inside the envelope."

Me: "What is written on it?"

Payal: "It says, hey coffee lover, let's catch up for the coffee at Starbucks coffee, Bandra Kurla Complex on 24th May at 06:00 pm."

Me: "Was it handwritten or computer print? Was it hand-delivered or came in a post box?"

Payal: "It's a computer print, and admin has handed over to me, I will have to check it with them."

I started shivering and didn't know what to do. Vivan was inside a broad room busy in meeting with the client.

Me: "Could you please take a snap and send me that note via WhatsApp?"

Payal: "Sure, I will do that"

Me: "And one more thing, please do not tell about this note to anyone in the office. I will discuss with you once I am back to Mumbai"

Payal: "Ok" Payal agrees to what I told her. She took a photo and sends it to me on WhatsApp instantly.

I was literally shivering after seeing the photo of another anonymous note. Thousands of thoughts have crossed in my mind.

Who this person could be? Why he is sending this kind of note to me? I must talk to Vivan about this, but he is currently busy with the client. I will talk to him during the lunch break.

I went inside the board room and set on my seat. I wasn't in a mood to discuss business strategies anymore. My mind was stuck on that note.

After around two hours, we broke for lunch. There was a cafeteria on the opposite wing of the building and there was a walkway connecting both the wings of the building.

Vivan was talking with the chairman while they were walking towards the cafeteria. I slow down my walking speed as I wanted to talk to Vivan about the note.

Vivan turns to his right to check where I was. He couldn't find me beside him so he moved his neck backside. He saw me walking slowly looking lost in something.

"Excuse me, I will be right back," Vivan told to the chairman with whom he was talking.

"Come on Isha, Let's go for lunch. What happened, you look so lost." Vivan asked Isha.

I without uttering a word have handed over my phone to show the snap of the anonymous note to Vivan.

Vivan: "Again! When did this happen? Who sends you this note?

Me: "This came today morning at the office; Payal got this as I was not there. I told her to send me a snap of this. I have asked Payal not to share this with anyone until I come back."

Vivan: "Bastard! Don't worry; we will settle this out once we go back to Mumbai. Let's not discuss this here right now."

Me: "Ok, let's go for lunch. I am hungry as I didn't have my breakfast." I said smirking.

After lunch, they continued the meeting until five o'clock. I was torn into two parts. Physically I was in Hyderabad but mentally I was at my desk in Mumbai checking the note again and again. Like I might find some clue of the person who sent that note to me.

Dinner was already planned with the client at the Taj Falaknuma Place. The external structure of the hotel was not less than the palace. It clearly justifies the name "Palace". It was an erstwhile palace of Nizam.

Our dinner was arranged at the Gol Bungalow Terrace. The entire Hyderabad city can be seen from the terrace. Everything was nicely arranged on the table.

There was a live qawwali performance was going on. We stopped by it and enjoy the performance for about twenty minutes. It was really a gala dinner and a memorable evening for us.

I forgot about what has happened to me in the morning and was enjoying the evening with Vivan. We were engrossed with everyone at the hotel.

"Hello Vivan, how are you? My name is Richa Chadda. I am the head of the marketing department. Hope you are having a good time here." A girl in a black tight suit came near to Vivan.

"Nice to meet you, mam. Ya this place is very nice."

"Only place?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Oh, no, people here are also very nice," Vivan said.

"What are your plans for tomorrow evening? Don't you want to explore the great city?" She asked him.

"Well mam, tomorrow I have a meeting and don't know when it will end. So have no special plan for the evening."

"We can have a plan if you want to, just see and tell me in case you are free in the evening." She replied.

Vivan noticed I was talking to some man in a black suit. He was trying to flirt with me and he could sense me being a bit uncomfortable.

He excused himself immediately and came near us.

"Let's go Isha, we are getting late" He looked at the man and politely excused us.

"What was that?" I stopped, turn towards Vivan and asked.

"I thought you were uncomfortable with that guy so I thought of rescuing you, if you think you like that guy, go back and enjoy," Vivan said sarcastically.

"I am not a kid that I need some kind of rescue and I know how to take care of myself." I walked away from there.

We both went to the hotel and without talking much we went to our respective rooms. In no time I was in a deep sleep when suddenly I screamed. Hear this Vivan got up from his bed and knock the door. He called the reception to come and open the door quickly.

When the door was opened, Vivan saw I was in a state of shock and screaming back to reality and realizing it was a nightmare. Vivan saw I was sweating completely and had pulled the bedsheet tightly. It was a nightmare about that anonymous note which was troubling me since I had received it.

Vivan quickly gathered me in his arms and gave me a glass of water. He tried to pacify me.

"It's ok Isha; you are safe, nothing has happened. I am here with you, don't worry."

We hugged each other for some time when he took my face in his hand and kissed me on my lips. Our lips were exploring each other's mouth when I sensed Vivan's hand under my T-Shirt cupping my moulds. I froze, as it was for the first time that anybody in my life had touched me like that.

I was all nervous and excited simultaneously. He looked directly into my eyes, waiting for my consent. I gestured bashfully and we began investigating each other's body and expelling all the obstructions between us.

We were lying on the bed after steaming lovemaking. I was feeling secure having Vivan beside me and had drifted to the deep sleep.

The next morning, when I opened my eyes, I saw Vivan sleeping in my bed with his arms securely holding my shoulder. I remember my nightmare and was feeling embarrassed, but at the same time, I was feeling a different emotion to have Vivan close to me.

I couldn't believe that I gave everything to the man whom I loved more than anything in this world.

I smiled at myself when I felt the arms moving under my shoulder. Our eyes locked for a moment, but then Vivan broke the silence.

"Good morning, hope you are ok now. You can take rest today, I will alone go and meet the client." Saying so he got up from the bed and was about to leave when I hold his wrist and made him sit on the bed.

"Thank you, Vivan and sorry for disturbing your sleep."

Vivan: "Don't worry about it Isha, just take rest today, you will be fine. And ya don't skip your breakfast like you did yesterday."

Saying so Vivan left the room and went to his own. He took a shower and gathered the required documents. He wanted to wind up today's meeting as early as possible so that he could spend some time with me.

I drifted to sleep again. I woke up again at around eleven-thirty. I got up and showered and order pasta for lunch.

"Are you up?" It was around five o'clock when I got a message from Vivan.

"Yes, I am at the shop in the basement, just exploring the hotel. What about you, how's your presentation today?"

Vivan: "It was nice as expected; I thought of going out if you are ok now, what say?"

Me: "Yes, why not, I am fine now. Let's go out."

Vivan: "Perfect! Be ready I am reaching to the hotel in about an hour, bye."

Vivan rented a car and we drove to the scenic places to explore every corner of the city. I was super excited as I was taking selfies like we were in a different world.

It was completely a stress buster for me; we were enjoying each other's company. We stopped by the Italian restaurant where we had our dinner. We enjoyed the evening with each other and went back to the hotel.

Vivan wished me good night and I was about to close the door when I said, "Vivan can you please keep the door of your room open tonight as I don't want the nightmare again."

Vivan nodded and went inside his room; without locking the door and went in for a shower.

Around midnight I got up as I was feeling restless. The same nightmare was not letting me sleep. I tried diverting my mind by talking to myself on different topics but all in vain.

I finally got up and open the door of Vivan's room and saw Vivan was sleeping. I slowly pulled up the blanket as I didn't want to disturb Vivan and sneaked in the bed. I was still awake and feeling uncomfortable.

I then suddenly turned and hugged Vivan. I felt secure and finally drifted to sleep. Vivan could feel me beside him but he didn't want to open his eyes and make me conscious.

The next morning at around 7, Vivan got up and saw my face very close to him for the first time. He quickly lifted himself and kissed me on the forehead and went to freshen up.

I finally woke up and suddenly realize that I was not in my room. I remember how I sneak in the bed and was feeling embarrassed that what Vivan would have thought of. I quickly get off the bed and went to my room. I took a shower and was getting ready and packing my bags.

The door nocks, I opened the door and found Vivan outside.

"15 minutes you have, I am waiting for you at the downstairs for breakfast. We have to leave for the airport." Vivan said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 6.2K 17
Only sample chapters are here on WATTPAD https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09421TTNQ/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=spark+of+love&qid=1620104967&sr=8-10 "Riti...
160K 5K 23
It doesn't matters who you love, if that person reciprocates your feeling. Sometimes being, or getting things to be legal, doesn't help with the prob...
22.3K 732 28
"Arranged?." I asked. "Yes. " She replied. There comes a time in your life when you feel utterly guilty of leading a life you never wanted. But the...
885K 40.9K 54
"What the hell? Can't you drive properly huh? See you scratched my favourite car now what are you go.......Oh my goodness!" I came outside my car and...