Coffee With Stranger

By zaverivishal

A girl shifted to the new city with high hopes. Made friends for life. She falls in love, but she didn't know... More

Copyright
Take Off
First Day
Anonymous Note
Review Meeting
The Affair
The Escalator
The Party
Hyderabad Tour
Anonymous Date
Between Us
The Murder
The Investigation
The Interrogation
The Cliff
The Hope
The Chowpatty
Coffee with Stranger
The Clue
The Confession

The Walk

73 4 0
By zaverivishal

I stared at my ceiling hazily as I lay upon my bed in the

early hours of the morning. There is something oddly quiet in the early mornings that appeared to carry peacefulness to my spirit like none other.

Regardless of whether it's the sprightly tweeting of the birds outside the window, or the early morning dew or the orange fog of the sun rising into the sky, raising the whole world in its wake.

I heard the creak of a gate in the next house as old grandpa going out for a morning walk. I also listened to a dog barking and a cuckoo singing in the far away. It was like the entire world around me buzzing around me with life.

Why can't I ever be as cheerful as the chirping bird? I gazed at my side table where I kept my mobile phone. I grabbed and unlocked it. I notice lots of notifications in various apps which confirmed I had friends around me who bother to take some time to wish me a morning.

Should I close my eyes and take a nap or just do a single outdoor flick? I didn't know what to do on a Sunday morning.

After contemplating for some time, I concluded to get up from my bed and go outside. The house was still chilled and quiet. I guess I got up too early in the morning, but then I looked at my cell phone screen to check the time and found 06:24 a.m.

I was not alone who woke up too soon that morning; my devil mind also got active and choose to wake Vivan up before time.

I called him up without even thinking that he might be sleeping. I thought I had a right on him to call him at any time.

"Good morning Vivan, what you doing?" I said to him.

"I am playing basketball in my bed. What silly question are you asking? You know sleeping is my hobby, especially on weekends. Tell me why you are up so early today? You also love to sleep." He replied while yawning.

"Vivan it's a beautiful morning and I want to go for a walk, would you mind joining me?" I offer him to join me.

"No ways. I am exhausted as I slept very late last night, so I am in no mood to go for a walk on Sunday morning. Catch you later, bye." He cut the phone.

I decided to get up and go for a lonely walk. I slowly made my way to the garden. A chilly gust of the wind hit my face.

I stood still for a moment, enjoyed the feel of it with my closed eyes and a gentle smile flickered on my face. I went on to stroll around the lawn on the narrow cobblestone pathway as I check around.

I lived in an amicable community. Mamta aunty was enjoying her early morning coffee on the front of her porch and there stood the Ravi uncle watering his plants. It was not more than six months but I have developed an adequate rapport with neighbours.

The sun seemed to have come up now, so I intended to go close-by garden for jogging. The park was nearby my society; it barely takes five minutes to walk to the park. The entire round of the park comprised of about half a kilometre and took around ten minutes to finish one.

I usually take two rounds on weekdays as I had to manage my office timing. Being Sunday; I aimed to take four, taking the rest of ten minutes after every two rounds. I started jogging on the pavement specially carved for the joggers. As I walked, my attention drifted to the letter, the one lying at the bottom of my drawer.

A distant look appeared in my eyes, as I thought about the words which had been engraved in my mind by now, by the number of times I read them.

Suddenly, I sense a push from my back.

"Vivan? How come you are here? You said you want to sleep like a pig."

"Yes, but then I thought I should be here protecting you all the time."

"Oh, fuck off! I am a black belt in karate, so I know how to protect myself." I proudly said to him.

"Oho! Black belt? Not bad. I didn't know, why have you not told me this before?" Vivan asked amusingly.

"I want to show you a demo if you dare to cross your limit." I chuckled.

He joined me while I was jogging. We both finished our first round in about ten minutes. I was breathing heavily while Vivan looks OK.

"Great stamina he got," I said to my mind. We took another round together and completed it in about ten minutes. I couldn't walk and inch more.

"Let's sit here for some time" I urged Vivan while exhaling about half a kilogram of carbon dioxide. I gasped as we set down on the bench. Vivan started petting on my back to make me calm. I glanced in his eyes and said thank you. He smiled.

Hardly about six months since we knew each other. We were practically strangers yet more familiar to each other than to anyone else.

We had confined more in each other than with somebody else. We were excellent friends until now when Vivan spoke out his heart.

"You are always at the brink of my thought. I thrive upon each day wanting to talk to you, share my day with you, and text to you."

"Unknowingly, you become a part of my life, which I can't survive without. I can express anything and everything with you."

"I don't know how, when, or why. Maybe it happened when I shared with you about my whole week's anger, or when you were discussing your worries with me, or our crazy fight about what is better coffee or tea? Shopping or movie? Black or red? It just never ends. I didn't realize it till now or maybe I have known it all along."

"I don't want to trouble you with my woes. I just can't help but let it out of my heart. After all, who else can I run out to if not you? You will always be dear to me and that will never change. I am your best friend and always be the one." He said this while twisting his face.

Tears rolled out of my eyes. I immediately wiped them and turned back with a smile. I went near to him. He wrapped his hands around me and hugged me. I snuggled in closer to him and smiled.

That's the first time I sensed something for Vivan. I was happy, he also had something for me which he spoke out. That warm, fuzzy, giddy consciousness, when you see him and your heartbeats increases.

How a smile sneaks its way on my face when he smiles. That sense of comfort, knowing someone had feelings for you, that happiness. "Oh! my god! Is it really happening to me?"

"Am I in love with him?" Not sure but his company makes me happy.

"Let's go shopping today," I asked Vivan.

"Ya sure, why not. You get ready and I will pick you up in an hour." He confirmed.

He dropped me at my residence and left. I quickly went up to my house. Hurriedly I took a bath and got ready. I wore jeans with floral Kurti and kept my hair down and applied some makeup. I carefully lined my eyes with Kajal giving it more definition. With that, I was ready to go.

Honk honk. I heard the horn, it must be Vivan. I went down quickly and sneaked in the car beside him.

"You are looking gorgeous" Vivan complimented me.

"Thank you" I grin. We were going to the infinity mall. The traffic was heavy even on Sunday morning.

I guess a lot of people were out like us. Vivan was filled with restlessness as he honked hard at the vehicle in front of our car. It made no difference though.

Ten minutes later we were stuck in the same place. I craned my neck to see what was holding the traffic up, only to find a rickshaw wala fighting with a person on a bike right in the middle of the road.

It took a few minutes for the police to clear the mess, and we zoomed off to the shopping centre cursing our fate for the traffic jam.

"Morning traffic sucks, once you enter it, you are glued forever." Vivan huffed in frustration; he was not a patient person.

After twenty minutes later we reached the shopping complex, and we parked our car with dozens other in the parking plot.

Today had been a refreshing day. I made a mental annotation as I felt superb since morning with Vivan's companionship.

We went in, did window shopping until we entered a Van Hussain showroom. Vivan found it from a distance and dragged me there without even uttering a word.

"Get me that one" he pointed in the direction of a purple shirt kept on the shelf. The shopkeeper brought the shirt in front of us.

It was a delightful shiny party-wear shirt with a brand-logo on the cuffs.

"Nice shirt, take it" I gave my rating while nodding my head.

"I love Van Hussain and purple is my favourite since childhood" Vivan gave justification for his decision of buying that shirt. I smiled at him.

"Wearing a brand makes you more confident, I always wear everything branded" He further explained.

"Everything? I throw a question to him while blushing.

"You got me this time" he chuckled, and we both burst in a laugh. We purchased the shirt without a second thought.

"I am hungry Vivan, let's have some food." We went into the restaurant and ordered our food. While eating the food my eyes set on a banner of the new Hindi movie on the opposite side.

"Let's go for it," Vivan said to me while I stared at the film name. I smiled and said nothing.

The movie was splendid and we both had enjoyed it. I still had a lot of energy and want to go somewhere. I love Vivan's company and want to spend more time with him.

"Let's go to the seaside" I put forward my desire to Vivan. And as an obedient pupil, he agreed to what I said. We went to Aksha beach, about half an hour from the mall.

We stared at the red, hazy perspective as we strolled along the shore. I walked with hands in my pockets, smile on my face, and deep in thought.

Evening walk on the seashore was my preference. I glanced at the crashing waves while continuing my walk at a slow pace. I was digging my leg to the sand with every step I took.

The smell of salt was in the air, the rush of wind on my face, rustling up my hair, and the sound of tide collide upon the rocks nearby. Even though there was nothing calm in its action, they do bring about peace to my troubled brain. Yes! That anonymous note still troubled me at the back of my mind.

We continued walking together holding hand in hand. I noticed a few kids collecting shells, a girl building a sandcastle along with her father; few teenagers were playing cricket and many like us just wandering around. All of us might be in the same place but each of us was into our own world whether sorrow or pure bliss.

We set upon the sand, facing the sea, looking into the horizon. The orange-red haze of the setting sun reflecting a beautiful colour on the ocean. I cherished my life in Mumbai and thanked Vivan for being my friend and everything there in Mumbai. I detect a special connection with Vivan for the first time that day.

I didn't know what was that but I liked him and I can trust him for anything.

"Thank you, Vivan for all you help to me" I got emotional while telling this to Vivan.

"Thanks for what? No, thank you, no sorry in friendship." Vivan answered while chuckling. We talked for a few more minutes and then settled on to go back as slowly it turned dark.

We got up brushing the sand away from our clothes, making our way back home. Vivan put off me at the main entrance of my apartment and went away.

I walked towards my building with hands tucked in my pockets, whistling a soft tune. I was in an awesome state of mind that day compared to the last few days.

The only thing bothering me was that anonymous letter. I shook my head trying to devoid away such depressing thoughts from my head. I was tired as hell. I threw my shopping bags away and slumped down on my bed. That was an interesting day, the one which will haunt me for the next few days.

That was a much-needed break after that anonymous note incident. I felt relaxed for the first time after that happened to me.

Did he like me? Was he the one with whom I can devote my entire life? I had started liking him. He was a fantastic guy. I thought I can put faith in him for anything. Should I move ahead and tell him what I think about him? Or wait for some more time? He also had the same feeling for me or that was just me who had this earliest sensation for him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703K 22K 52
#5 in egoistical 16/08/2019. #3 in forensic 18/08/2019. #1 in forensic 27/9/2019. #1 in yourstoryindia 26/12/2019. "Why are you doing this" I a...
160K 5K 23
It doesn't matters who you love, if that person reciprocates your feeling. Sometimes being, or getting things to be legal, doesn't help with the prob...
834K 6.2K 17
Only sample chapters are here on WATTPAD https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09421TTNQ/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=spark+of+love&qid=1620104967&sr=8-10 "Riti...
546K 34.9K 81
❤SHORTLISTED WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2020❤ Book #1 (AND series) [COMPLETED ✔] ABOUT THE STORY: Sanchi (or Vanya Patel) works as a crime journalist in th...