Pokemon: The Queen of Kalos

By ZenithSSawyer

(Ash x OC) All is well for our heroes, Ash and his friends, continuing on their Kalos journey. However, after... More

Opening Showcase
A Race to Prove Oneself
A Champion and a Blob
Team Rocket!? Again!?
Through the Storm
Reunited Just in Time for a Gym Battle!
The Pledging Tree
A Showcase Debut! Wait...
The Three
So... Many... Pokemon!
Old Friends! If you can call them that...
Pokemon of the Sisters
An Oasis of Surprises!
A Bit of High Voltage for the Soul
Forgetting stuff again? Really!? At least we know more about our not-dead m-
A Disguised Helper!
Trouble on the Other Side
Lumiose: The City of Opportunity- and Disaster!
Sawyers Reunited! Sorta.
Big Skies
House of Memories
Making Our Way!
A Moment of Lumiose Victory
A Concert Beyond Your Wildest Dreams!
Just Smile and Wave!
A Surprise Parting Gift!
Eggs!
Scary House!
A Fashionable Favor!
A Fairy-Type Fray, Part 1
A Fairy-Type Fray, Part 2
A Series of Sharp Cracks!
Raising the Little Ones!
Find Them.
Team Rocket Gets Blasted Off Again
The Battle With Beedrill Boy
Getting Ready for the Big Show!
Baking Contest
Freestyle Round is a Go!
A Familiar Face
Strengths and Weaknesses
A Flowery Meadow!
Troubling Twins!
Friends in Anistar
Teaching Trust!
Triple Tag Battle Madness!
Head vs. Heart
A Late Start and a Warning From the Future!
A Psychic Showdown!
Night Whispers
Caveat of the Stars
Anistar Epilogue
Squishy!
Z
Team Flare is becoming worse than Team Rocket by the minute
A Battle of Bonds!
Mages and Madness
Quilladin's Battle for Love!
A Little Bit of Teamwork
A Rescue, A Message, and An Embrace!
Ninjas and Old Friends
Welcome (Back) to Ninja Village!
How Much You've Grown: The Brothers Battle!
Hero of the Village!
Under Attack
Chaos and Capturing
Mission Save the Chief!
Victories, Festivals, and Farewells!
A/N!!!
Couriway Showcase!
The Search for Squishy!
The Pyrokinetic and The Girl
Preparing for the Dance!
The Ball! And a Battle!
A Concert For The Ages! And a Family Reunion!
Meetings and New Beginnings!
Ash vs. Sawyer, Rematch!
Early Ambushes and a Blazing Battle!
Miscellaneous Bonus Scenes 1
Zygarde Unrest and the Last Princess Key
Conflict Resolution, Sister Royale Style, and a Shocking Festival!
Constitution of a Transformation
Synchronicity
Former Champion Lends a Hand!
Training, Rivals, Realization
The Family Sawyer
[PLACEHOLDER] An Aether's Paradise, a Family's Sanctuary
100k Special- Meet the Author!
Finally Some Answers... And Even More Questions.
Ice and Snow
Heart to Heart
An Icebreaking Battle!
Master Class at Long Last!
Performing for the Future!
Disaster Strikes
Kalos Calamity

A Save, a Call, and the Start of a Battle!

801 17 2
By ZenithSSawyer

Expect delayed updates for a while, things are kinda chaotic right now and I haven't had much free time :/

~

Our remaining heroes ran after the others, knowing Team Flare, whether it be the same group or another, would be after Squishy at any cost. Soon, they heard the sound of explosions, attacks hitting one another in huge bursts. While the others stared at it in awe, Zenith ran ahead toward the sight. She burst past the trees to see the Zygarde core surrounded on a steep, rocky incline, with Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie nowhere in sight.

Bryony had brought out her Bisharp, while Sneasel and Houndour trapped it. As Bisharp went to attack Squishy, it concentrated hard and began glowing green, a barrier appearing around it before a huge shockwave went out in every direction. Green figures across the entire forest appeared, shooting through the night sky and illuminating it in eerier green.

The creatures all came to Squishy, absorbed into it as it began to grow and shift forms. It emerged a dog-like black-and-green creature, covered in hexagonal cells and scales. The members and scientist of Team Flare along with their Pokemon were awestruck, but Bisharp growled and tried to attack.

Squishy, transformed into 10% forme, let out a roar to the sky, green collar's end whipping in the wind as the red core glistened. It prepared to fight the opposing Pokemon, and win, too.

"Whaaat!? I was not told about this!" Bryony exclaimed. Narrowing its eyes, Squishy sent a powerful Land's Wrath through the ground, causing it to break and explode beneath the other Pokemon's feet, sending them flying into the air. "Alright! Retreat!"

Zenith watched as Squishy sent all the cells back to where they came from, returning to its form as a single core again before collapsing on the rock. Looking around to make sure no one had seen her, she hopped across the small stream, using a boulder in the middle to avoid wading through the water, and lifted the Pokemon up.

Star nudged Squishy with her paws, her mumbles sounding concerned. It was shaking, eye shut tight and covered in bruises. A moment later, she heard breathing from behind her, turning around to see Bonnie, Eevee, and Dedenne running toward them. "Up here!"

Gasping, the girl looked up at them before jogging up the slope. "It's Zenith and Squishy!"

"What's going on around here!?" She heard Clemont from not far away, Serena and Red by his side as they ran into Pikachu, Ash, Sawyer, Grovyle, the sisters, and their Pokemon.

"Serena, Clemont, Red!" Ash called out, skidding to a stop.

"Hey, are you alright?" Sawyer asked.

"Where'd they go!?" Pine shouted.

"I don't know, but they're not here!" Clemont replied, worry for his little sister clear.

Zenith shook her head. "Guys, c'mon, we're over here!" Bonnie had lifted Squishy into her arms, the red cell on its body glowing as it began to heal. She hugged the Pokemon tightly.

"Oh Squishy... I'm sorry. I won't let you go again," she promised.

The rest of the group finally came into view, relieved that everyone was okay. The sun was beginning to rise, the dark sky fading to a light blue as golden sunlight peeked over the hill. Ash looked over to the green-haired boy beside him. "Sawyer? Thanks for battling alongside me and my friends."

"I hope Grovyle and I were able to help you," he said, looking away.

Pikachu pumped its tiny fist into the air from Ash's shoulder, saying its name affirmatively. Ash mimicked the gesture a moment later. "Hah, of course you did!"

Seeming flustered by the compliments, Sawyer blushed. "Thank you so much. I'll be sure to make a note of this!" He and Grovyle smiled widely before he began scribbling something down in his notebook.

Zenith helped Bonnie down the rocks, back to the group, their Pokemon following behind. Everyone exchanged hugs or nods before Sawyer went off, and our heroes headed back to the camp to gather their things. As they were walking there, talking and laughing now that the danger, for the time being, was over, a boy about the age of the quadruplets- tall, with fair skin, black hair, blue eyes, and a black jacket over a white shirt with a cloud-like blue scarf- brushed past Ash, his strides confident.

Strange; I feel like I recognize him from somewhere...

~

Our heroes packed up their things and finally made it to the Pokemon Center, Ash immediately walking up to the phone to make a call with the others standing behind him, all in view of the screen.

"Hey, Professor Sycamore!" He greeted once the man in question picked up.

"It's really good to see you Ash, everyone."

"We want you to check something out," the boy continued, Bonnie holding up Squishy while Ash went on to describe the incident regarding the Zygarde core and Team Flare. His stare remained composed, having noticed his adopted daughters in the background all shooting him alarmed looks.

They clearly want this information to stay on the down-low, he realized. Given what happened to them as mere children, that much is understandable. If Team Flare truly is back, once again trying to use the power of such Pokemon, that will put everyone in danger. For now, let ignorance remain blissful...

"I've never seen it before," he lied, causing all four sisters to let out a sigh of relief. Sycamore leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "I'll look into it on my end. If I find anything out, I'll let you know." He'd be looking into it alright- that is, going over all the information on Zygarde he had thanks to the sisters rescuing one, making sure they were ready for whatever was coming. He'd also be looking into wherever Team Flare was hiding, doing whatever it took to stop them. "In the meantime, keep an eye on Squishy." Sycamore trusted his girls with almost everything he knew, so as long as they were around, he was sure the small Zygarde core would be okay.

"Sure, got it!" Ash replied, blissfully ignorant- just as he should be for the time being. They said their goodbyes and hung up. Squishy slipped back into Bonnie's bag, falling asleep almost instantly as she sat down on a booth seat. Dedenne jumped off Bonnie's head, yelling its name since it wanted to sit in the bag, too. Her Eevee only rubbed against her side, just happy to be with its new trainer and partners.

"I think Squishy likes to be in there, too," Bonnie told her Electric- and Fairy-type, trying to stop the commotion. Serena sat down near her, but with enough distance from Squishy that she wasn't grimacing the whole time. Clemont, Red, and Ash just stood by the table, while the Sawyers took the space between Serena and Bonnie.

Dedenne tried shaking Squishy to wake it up and get it out of the bag, but then the Zygarde core became sad, which made Dedenne feel bad. Eevee pat it on the back with a paw and gestured for them to sit together instead.

"Bonnie's Eevee is the little peacemaker between Pokemon," Crystal said with a giggle. "So cute!"

"Ugh, that should've been my Eevee," Serena groaned. Dedenne and Squishy were still fighting over who could sit in the bag, which was apparently irritating her even more. "Just let me have the bag! I'll make it way bigger and better so then that slimy thing will stop hogging it!"

"Squishy isn't slimy, it's squishy," Bonnie pointed out.

"It's gross is what it is," she said with her hands on her hips.

Zenith slid her backpack's straps off her and pulled it into her lap, pushing aside her compacted tent, sleeping bag, water bottle, snacks, first aid kit, and other various items before pulling out a patch. It was light pink with a bow in the middle, a glittering fire opal in the center of the ribbons. "Will this do? I can sew it onto your bag so they have extra space."

Dedenne cheered as she passed it to Bonnie, whose face lit up. "It's so pretty, and it looks like Dedenne likes it, too! Thanks, Zenith; it'll be perfect!"

"It's my pleasure, Bons," she replied, ruffling the girl's hair. Both Dedenne and Eevee climbed inside the bag, claiming their spots- it seemed the tiniest bit cramped with both of them, but still a comfortable enough fit- as Bonnie slung the strap over her shoulder and gave them a thumbs-up.

~

Our heroes left the Pokemon Center and ended up in a sunny field. Squishy was sunbathing on a rock (which Clemont hypothesized was because it was photosynthesizing) after communicating with its cells in the distance (unbeknownst to most of our heroes) as Zenith was finishing up Bonnie's bag, sewing the fabric onto the side of the bag to create a second pouch for Squishy to sit in, and Bonnie herself was brushing her and Serena's Eevees.

Our other heroes were all either eating or tending to their Pokemon, but Ash was getting bored as he and Pikachu stared at each other. Then an idea popped into his head. He stood up, and pointed a finger at Zenith.

"We should battle!"

She looked up, momentarily stopping her sewing. "Where did that come from...? Ash, you do realize I'm the Kalos Champion, right? You still have to beat the last gym leader and win the Lumiose Conference to be able to challenge me for my title."

"Not for that, I just wanna pass the time and sharpen my skills, and what better way to learn that from the Champion herself!?" He seemed pretty fired up and excited about it, so she sighed, shaking her head, and stood up.

"Yuki, your patchwork skills have always been better than mine, so can you finish this up for Bons?" Crystal nodded, letting Melody jump out of her arms and nuzzle against Pepper and Nyx, the latter letting out an irritated growl, as she walked over to complete the bag's new pouch.

"Sure thing, Sky. Enjoy your battle!~"

Zenith rolled her eyes before she and Ash walked a bit away from the group, each to their respective sides of the imaginary battlefield. "Double battle?"

"Sure," Ash replied, releasing Frogadier and Talonflame.

Zenith brought out Glacey and Espy, smirking. "Then let the battle begin!"

~

Goodbye for now,

Zenith S. Sawyer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 4.8K 34
Serena finally takes the guts to confess to Ash while the latter wins the Kalos League....in a way. Delia reveals her true nature of work and Ash tak...
54.7K 1.1K 24
Ash Ketchum is a man of many secrets he is The Unknown Champion of Alola, An Aura Guardian and A Psychic, and The Secret Prince of The Kingdom Of Rot...
119K 3K 23
A major problem occurs, and Y/N gets the chance to fully live in the world just like the video games! But when he is caught up with the task instead...
2.4K 83 5
Follow Avery through Kalos with Sparks, her Pikachu, and, her boyfriend, Ash Ketchum with his Pikachu. Together, they meet new friends and Pokemon wh...