[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 4

2.5K 49 11
By Panda-Gom

The first thing that hit you when you left for outside was the sun—it shined bright in the sky with no evidence of the pounding rain you had been greeted with yesterday. The same was with the clouds which were few, scattered across in splotches of gray, some white, puffing up in wisps. There was a calming breeze, running through the strands of your hair gently, and barely strong enough to even ruffle the leaves of the trees. The sidewalks were dried too, minus puddles that lay in the actual street, with cars passing by calmly, the morning rush hour past with the midday crowd starting to form.

You jumped down the three steps one by one from the door of the apartment and skipped to the sidewalk where you slowed to a stroll, taking in the scenery. Small to medium sized trees grew in dirt patches every few yards on the walkway, flowers around them creating a circle. The buildings you passed began to vary as you went along, turning from brick and wooden apartments to assortments of small shops.

Coming to an end of the street—but not the footpath—you found yourself entering a park, the cement stopping at the large field where the path forked into two. Deciding on not taking a certain one, you continued on along the grass, watching others play as they wished, the grass dry enough for them not to slip, or for their clothes to get stained for the ones who rolled around in it. As the large field continued on, you diverted from the direction you were heading towards and back along the cement again, coming to a white marble fountain where four trails of the sort met in a cross, people sitting on its ground tier, conversing and overlooking the ones they came with.

The water from the fountain was clear; sparkling in the sunlight as it shot in the single pattern serenely. You sat at its edge and continued to watch the passing people who were oblivious to your gaze, which wasn’t fixated, being in deep thought of your situation. Having that in mind, you failed to notice the ravenette who had taken a seat just inches away from you on the same foundation.

He was hunched over, his eyes on the floor elbows propped on knees, and hands clasped together to support his chin; conversely, the action was done so tightly his knuckles were white and somewhat shaky. Sporting only a thin gray sweater and black jeans, with the laces of his gray high tops undone, he was slightly huffing, trying to control both his breath, and the angry tears that threatened to spill over. You finally broke your gaze from the scene along the park and noticed him from a twinge of his hair that flowed into the corner of your vision.

“Noctis?” you blurted out, immediately covering your mouth and turning away once he shifted his gaze to you questioningly, a hint of annoyance behind them.

“How do you know my name?” he murmured, voice weak at the beginning of his sentence, yet demanding nevertheless. Turning back to him, you took notice his eyes were a deathly crimson.

“U-Um…How could I not?” you gave an unsure smile. “You are one of the two Caelum princes.”

“Right,” the ravenette scoffed. “So what? Do you want an autograph or something?”

“Noct!” a voice called in the distance. The two of you looked towards the source to see Prompto, and the prince’s elder brother jogging towards the fountain. “Man,” the blonde huffed, his hair now slightly longer,” you’re such a pain! Oh? Who do we have here?” he curiously looked towards you.

Noctis sighed deeply, scratching his head in irritation. “What will it take for you to leave me alone?” the question was directed to you.

This time, you scoffed,” Excuse me? I was here first! If anything, YOU should be the one to sulk somewhere else!”

“Well gee, I didn’t know you owned the public park’s PUBLIC fountain,” Noctis stood, glaring at you. “Damn commoner.”

“Noctis!” both Cid and Prompto hissed, shocked expressions crossing their faces.

“Commoner!?” you stood, memories of the word being used to refer to you numerous times echoing in your mind as you leveled your gaze with him.

“You heard me,” he growled. “I’m in NO mood for this—you’re a damn nuisance!”

People began turning your way, curiously looking at the event that unfolded. Your fists clenched, then unclenched, and feeling your irises sting, you tried to stop them from changing color, narrowing them at the infuriated prince. Though knowing you attempts were turning futile, you shook your head and turned away slightly, a tear escaping your duct not from sorrow, but from the pain that was only increasing in your eyes.

“I’d rather be a commoner…than to turn out like you,” you whispered, giving the ravenette one last glance before storming away.

You hadn’t gotten too far until a hand clasped around your wrist, whirling you around. Already fed up with Noctis’ small ordeal, you growled, and thinking it was him, swung your fist. Your knuckles collided with a strong force, and the person fell on his back violently, groaning and clutching at his eye. When you saw the blonde hair, you gasped, and immediately came to his side, shocked at even yourself.

“I-I’m so sorry!” you stuttered, helping him sit up. “I-I thought—”

Prompto chuckled in amusement, shaking his head,” Don’t worry, better I take the hit than him. Right! My name’s Prompto by the way,” he smiled at you warmly.

“Prompto!” Noctis and Cid called, rushing to his aid. At seeing his friend’s eye, the younger prince pushed you away, making you land on your butt as he snarled.

“What did you hit him for!?”

“Relax!” the blonde shouted, standing on his own and protecting you from the ravenette. “She thought I was you—how was she supposed to know!?”

“Oh, so she was going to punch a prince?” he scoffed.

“I would have too! You’re taking this all out on her! With the way you’re acting, can you BLAME her!?”

“Promp,” Noctis’ face was in complete shock.

Cid sighed and helped you off, an apologetic smile on his face,” I’m sorry about this. Noctis is usually…smarter considering his actions.”

“Yeah, how about we make it up to you on his behalf by inviting you to the party tonight?” Prompto grinned, turning away from Noctis and to you.

“But…your eye,” you frowned. “I—”

“Look, Noct has had a long day, just forget it—it was an accident. Besides, you seem kinda new here, and guessing by those chains, you might be going to school with us, right? This’ll be a good opportunity to meet everyone. C’mon, please?”

“I agree, join us,” Cid nodded.

“O-Okay,” you nodded slowly, Noctis grunting and turning away. “Where is it?”

“I’ll pick you up,” Cid offered. “Where do you live?”

“Um…,” you bit your lip, unsure how to answer.

“Hey~!” a voice called in the distance, making you turn to Kai who was jogging up to you and the boys, a large yellow manila envelope in his hands. He huffed, stopping at your feet with a smile.

“Hey Kai!” Prompto grinned. “You know about the party tonight right?”

“Oh, yeah,” the teen scratched the back of his head. “Not sure if I’ll be able to go though—or maybe I’ll come late…Why?”

“We invited her,” Cid gestured to you,” and seeming that you know her, where does she live?”

“With me and my brother.”

“Great, we’ll pick her up later!” Prompto waved. “Bye!”

“…Bye?” he scratched the back of his head as the three males left. “[Name], what happened? He has a black eye.”

“I accidentally punched him,” you mumbled, shuffling along the path.

“Did he hurt you!?” the dragon was suddenly alerted.

“N-No but…”

As Kai walked you back to the apartment, you explained the small incident between you and the three boys. His face fell, and he told you that Kei had called him earlier. Apparently, Chiyoko had broken up with the ravenette after three weeks of dating. During then, she completely boosted ego—which you knew was barely even there—telling him he didn’t need this or that as a prince. Gullible to what would’ve been you, Noctis bought it, and now, he’s as spoiled as his mother.

The afternoon passed by fairly slowly, and in addition to filling out forms for the school, Kai stayed and explained to you how the classes worked, who taught them, and additionally how the grading went. He also informed you how your friends had changed, and did not. From what you heard, you were too afraid yourself to hear about [B.O.C] any further than what you learned.

Once the forms were filled out, you both ate lunch—after the teen had come back from getting sandwiches from around the corner—pondering for someone to sign the guardian release forms allowing you to participate in school activities, as well as the missions which were continued once more this school year. As a junior, you contemplated signing it yourself, but Kai insisted you went to Fai; Kurogane was the guardian for him and his brother since they worked at his and Auron’s dojo.

Halfway through eating, the doorbell rang, and you got up from the floor to answer it, finding indeed the man who you just needed to see—Fai. He grinned, entering the house as Kai greeted him, and sat down on the floor. Coming in after him was a teen, however, you couldn’t see his face—the hood covering it well enough even his hair was a mystery to you.

“How are you, Kai? Being nice to little Ami-chan?” Fai asked, patting your head.

“Ami-chan?” you wondered, a small smile spreading across your lips.

“Just a little nickname,” the blonde chuckled. “Like it?”

“Of course!”

“Good! Then from now on, you’ll be known as my little Ami-chan~!” he sang, hugging you.

You kept the smile, though it faltered for a moment as your eyes stung, wanting to tear up from the sudden wave of emotion that overcame you. You were Amaya, yes. But, you weren’t supposed to be Ami-chan.

‘I’m supposed to be your little [Nickname]-chan actually,’ you thought sadly. ‘How about…you call me that instead?’

“So Ami, how are things? I know it’s been a day only, but have you gotten a chance to go out and take in Twilight Town yet?”

“A little,” you nodded. “I went for a walk in the park earlier, and yesterday I kinda saw the small shops around the café.”

“That’s great! Listen, I came over to let you know there’s gonna be a party later. You can meet more people, socialize—y’know, all that good stuff. Maybe you can pick up a thing or two.”

“I heard. Err, Prompto sorta invited me. I met him, Cid, and Noctis today.”

“Even better! Let me see your school forms then so you can get the whole legal guardian thing over with. I think someone will be at the school tomorrow too—go and get your uniform then.”

“I will,” you nodded. “Thank you so much, Fai.”

“My pleasure,” he smiled, beginning to look over the pile of papers.

As Kai began speaking with the older male, your gaze shifted from them and to the other teen that looked out the exposed window into the blue sky. His back was to you, arms around his knees as he sat still, head rocking back and forth. Guessing he was listening to music, you were curious as to whom it was, and reached over to poke him when Fai looked up and stopped you. He cleared his throat loudly, and when the teen didn’t respond, he did it once more—louder. When that still didn’t work, he smacked the back of his hooded head. Irritated, the teen whirled to face Fai, angrily slamming the small earphones onto the floor.

“What?” he hissed. “You dragged me here! Don’t expect me to—”

“Shut it!” Fai commanded, eyes seeming to pierce through the air or anger that swirled around the boy. “Show some respect and at least say hi to her.”

“…”

“NOASUKE!”

“Hi,” the boy called monotonously, standing up and plugging his headphones back in. “I’ll start walking home. I needa get ready.”

“Not if I don’t let you go,” the elder blonde muttered, glaring after him.

“Will…he be okay?” you asked, cringing from the bang of the main door.

“That idiot is beginning to be a lost cause,” Fai sighed, shaking his head and putting the papers back in order. “Here you go Ami-chan. I’ll see the two of you later tonight.”

“Thank you again,” you bowed.

“Bye Fai-san!” Kai called after him.

You sighed,” Noasuke…Fai didn’t ever use his full first name unless he was really mad—and I mean REALLY mad.”

“After Chiyoko came back as you, Noa never bought it when seeing the difference, and he fought with Fai over it. Always, he was proved wrong whenever Fai told him to look back into his memories and see you because of course it would be Chiyoko. Since then, their relationship has been…bad.”

“Geez, things really got screwed up,” you groaned.

------------------------------------

Zoom: I’m Breaking Up With You

Noctis came to the coffee shop with his brother and best friend, happily waiting for ‘you’. Sipping his drink calmly, the three made small talk Ven and Rika joining in with Kei every now and then. Ven talked about a party later that night, inviting them as well as his two coworkers. The conversation came to a stop though, when the girl Noctis had been waiting for came in. Rika lowered her eyes, knowing what was to happen, and shuffled off, standing near the register.

“[Name],” Noctis stood, a smile forming on his face. “How’s your day—”

She smiled, pushing him away slightly as he leaned in to kiss her cheek, the others looking on curiously. “Listen Noctis, I…”

“Yeah?” he was immediately concerned, looking at her worriedly. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m breaking up with you,” she exhaled the breath she held, waiting for his reaction. When nothing came, she grinned. “I knew you would be a good sport about this! I’ll see you at the party tonight!” Waving, she exited the shop as she came.

Noctis stood there baffled, his lip quivering,” W-Wait…what?”

“Noctis,” Cid stood. “Noctis, let’s—”

He was interrupted by a yell of pain escaping his brother’s lips as he clutched at his chest in sheer pain, running out the door, Prompto following. Sighing, Cid also followed, Kei frowning, looking down guiltily. Rika sniffled, shaking her head at what happened, and went into the back to remove the freshly baked cookies. Ven though, was smiling to himself—he still had a chance.

Zoom: Taking the Hit

Noctis, Prompto, and Cid filed into the Caelum household, straight into the kitchen where the younger prince gave his friend an ice pack. Sitting on the stool at the kitchen island, Prompto put it to his eye, wincing noticeably.

“Why’d you defend her?” Noctis finally asked him. “She completely—”

“Look, Noctis,” Prompto cut him off,” that girl who was minding her own business, who was just so surprised to meet you, who you snapped at, was innocent. You started it.”

“As childish as that sounds, you did,” Cid nodded, sighing as his mother entered the room.

“Good afternoon boys. I hope you—oh!” Genevieve caught sight of the blonde, immediately rushing to him. “Prompto, what happened to you!?”

“This girl punched me,” he shrugged. “She got in a fight with Noctis because he snapped after [Name] broke up with him.”

“[Name] broke up with you?” the woman frowned, turning to her son. “But I invited her and her brother over for dinner tomorrow! After she’s come back, I’ve come to like her attitude—we’ve really connected. But…you know what, I’ll have her come anyway. Now, about this GIRL who punched you—who is she?”

“A commoner,” Noctis snorted.

Prompto slammed the ice pack on the counter, eyes coldly glaring at his surprised friend,” [Name] was once a commoner—think about that!”

Zoom: I’m Fed Up With This!

“Hey!” Fai slammed the main door, Noa coming downstairs in a fresh new outfit, the others curiously looking at him. “You said you would meet her, and when I take you to do so, you brat out on me! What the hell do you think you’re doing!?”

“What does it matter? I’ll see her tonight anyway!”

“I don’t CARE! It was still rude!”

“Again, I—”

“Oh Noa~!” Chiyoko sang, skipping down the stairs. She locked her arm with the blonde and grinned,” Let’s go!”

“What are you doing?” he asked in irritation, shoving her away.

“We’re going the same way aren’t we?” she frowned. “I mean—”

“No, we’re not…I’m gonna go pick up Amaya—she’s my date.”

“Date? Hah, I’m fed up with all your damn excuses!” Fai scoffed. “You’re not going AT ALL!”

“You’re funny Aniki,” the younger blonde snorted, pushing past his brother and out the door.

“Ugh, kill me now,” he groaned.

Zoom: A Change in Plans

“Hey Prompto,” Noa greeted over the phone.

“Oh, Noa! What’s up?” the other blonde said enthusiastically, a blow dryer in the background being heard.

“Nothing much, Fai’s being…complicated, so mind if I pick up the new girl instead?”

“Sure thing! We’re gonna be late anyways I think. Cid and I gotta drag Noct outta his room. Say hi for me!”

“Will do—bye.”

“Later!”

Click.

P.O.V

Cid Raines

There it is, she broke up with him. Somehow, since she came back, I’ve been…less attracted to [Name]. Maybe meeting this girl we saw today is a sign…A sign that we…Oh god, we forgot to ask her name!

Noctis

First [Name] breaks up with me, then this…this girl decides to be a brat! Who does she think she is!? A commoner like her talking back to ME!? I’m a prince, she should be thankful I talked to her at all! Acting like a victim so well, even Prompto and Cid took her side!

Prompto

Noct…sometimes I wonder who you’ve become since [Name] decided to go out with you. You almost hit a completely innocent girl today! Innocent AND pretty I might add. She punched me, but hey, not like I mind—it was totally understandable.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 517 18
No longer updating. Story has been discontinued. Read "A Figmental Heart" instead. [following KH1] After having their only home destroyed, (Y/N) and...
13.2K 362 43
A girl wakes up on a distant shore...with no memory of who she is or was before the moment she opens her eyes to the sky. The only thing is, in a uni...
10.8K 214 26
The drums of war have just been sent roaring!! Now whom is my Father's grand army fighting against???, Well no one is entirely sure, but to instill m...
1.5K 367 61
Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges but you have be brave and never truly f...