To Heal a Broken Heart (Seque...

By MintSpice_

Hana Uzumaki's life has taken a big turn in her years as a teenager. After all of the tragic events that happ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Note
Final Story Out

Chapter 23

718 31 6
By MintSpice_

A month had passed and right now, I was currently getting ready to go to the hot springs.

Anko and Kurenai were going to come with me. We wanted a hangout after we all had made up finally. We kept trying to plan it for weeks, but Kurenai was busy with her students and Anko was busy on missions.

I left my house and walked to Kurenai's. 

I knocked on the door and Asuma answered it.

"Oh, hi Hana," He said. "Kurenai wanted me to tell you that a last-minute mission came up. She had to leave with her students and she said she's really sorry,"

I sighed. 

I wasn't mad, since it wasn't her fault, but I was a bit irritated. This keeps happening. I know she doesn't mean to, but it's just annoying how busy we all are now.

"It's okay," I replied. "I'll talk to her when she gets back. See you," 

Asuma waved and then shut the door.

Anko came running up to me as soon as I left Kurenai's house.

She panted. "Hey, I feel really bad, but I have to take a rain check. Lord Hokage wanted to talk to me about the whole Orochimaru thing. I'm sorry,"

I hid my slight annoyance. 

"It's okay," I reassured. "We'll just have to try and plan it another time,"

She gave me an apologetic look and left for the Hokage's Tower. Again, I'm not mad at them. I'm just a bit annoyed that every time we try to hang out, we're all busy.

Looks like I'm just going to the hot springs by myself. I really needed it after months of stress from the stupid rogue ninjas. 

I started walking to the hot springs, pushing any thoughts that would stress me out away for now. I just wanted one day without stress. I wanted one day where I could just feel content for once. 

Sometimes I wished I was a kid again. 

My only worries back then were becoming Hokage and training. Now, I'm stressed over the whole situation, Naruto, and hiding my true identity.

The receptionist gave me a smile when I walked in. "Hello, how may we help you today?"

I paid for a few hours in the hot springs and she handed me a complimentary white fluffy robe with a bag to put my things in. Then handed me a key for the lockers.

I immediately got out of my clothes and put the towel in the locker around me to go out. There was a lot of women here today. I felt a little lonely since they all seemed to be hanging out and yet I'm here alone without my friends.

I would've invited Naomi too, but she said she's caught up with family drama.

Naomi, Kurenai, and Anko are my only female friends I have. 

I took the towel off and immediately got inside. 

This was the best feeling ever. The water was the perfect temperature. It wasn't too hot or too cold, and my stress felt like it was melted away.

I stayed like this for an hour. 

I finally felt like I was at peace.

But of course, my peace was immediately ended.

"Hey! Are you peeking into the women's bath, old man?! I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS DISREPUTABLE BEHAVIOR!"

I was right next to a wall where I could clearly hear someone out there. I felt self conscious and sunk lower into the water. No one else seemed to have heard them.

I could hear some more shuffling around out there and it almost sounded like...Naruto? The hell?

I was about to get out, but then I was immediately stopped.

"'Research'? Yeah, right! That's just an excuse to peek at the girls in the bath house!"

That was clearly Naruto. I grabbed the towel and blocked myself.

The women around me widened their eyes and then ran out screaming, while covering themselves. I sighed with annoyance. Once I find out who was peeking, they're going to die. I know it wasn't Naruto, since he just yelled at someone for it. 

I got dressed and rushed out. I decided to sneak up on them to see who it was.

Once I figured out where they were, I immediately spotted Naruto. Ebisu looked unconscious while lying on the ground, but my heart stopped once I saw who was with them.

Long, fluffy white hair. Green kimono with matching pants.

It couldn't be. Was this a joke?

A mixture of emotions were stirring inside me. Hurt, anger, relief, and sadness.

I had to mentally prepare myself before I went up to them. 

The famous Toad-Sage turned to face Naruto, but he saw me. He stopped in his tracks and we made eye contact.

"Huh? Hello?!" Naruto waved his hands in his face. "Hey, pervert? What's the matter with you?!"

I couldn't read the emotions on his face, but I could see a hint of pain in his eyes.

I took a deep breath and walked up to them. Naruto turned around and looked at me with confusion and then Jiraiya.

He was about to speak, but I cut him off.

"You know I can hear you both very clearly, right?"

"Hey! I wasn't the one doing it!" Naruto defended and pointed at Jiraiya. "It was this dirty old man here!"

"Oh believe me, I know," I replied and looked at Jiraiya.

Jiraiya gave him a look for calling him a "dirty old man" and started telling him to not call him that. 

I was hurt that he left me, after I lost everyone. I was angry that he didn't even try to reach out to me, when I looked up to him like a second father. I was relieved to know that he's okay and alive Well, he obviously was, but still. I was sad when I remembered the day he just disappeared on me.

"Lord Hokage?" I asked, walking in his office.

"What is it Hana?"

"Where is Jiraiya-Sensei? I've looked everywhere for him. I need to talk to him, but when I stopped by his apartment, it was empty,"

He had an unreadable expression on his face and looked out the window. "I don't know. This isn't the first time he's done this..."

"So he just left then? Without saying goodbye?"

I understand if losing Uncle Minato hurt him, but why the hell did he just leave without saying anything to me?

I decided not to say anything, since Naruto was right here.  I wouldn't be able to keep anything a secret if I did say something.

I looked at Naruto and gave him a smile. "I have to go, but I'll see you around,"

I turned to leave.

Knowing him, he'd come talk to me later. 

However, it was comforting to know that Naruto will know him too.

Once I got home, I immediately rushed to my bookshelf. I pulled out a photo album and blew the dust off of it.

I read the little note that was attached to it.

Happy birthday! I hope you love it!

-Aunt Kushina

My eyes watered slightly. I haven't touched this since the day I lost them. 

I decided to flip through the pages and I stopped when I saw a picture of Minato, Kushina, Jiraiya, and I together. I remembered Kushina insisted on this picture and she intimidated him into taking it with us.

A tear drop fell on the picture and I wiped it away. I continued looking through it and then I got to the end. There was a bunch of empty slots on it and there was another note.

I decided to leave this empty for you. I was going to put more picture, but then I realized that it would be a better idea for you to keep adding more pictures to it yourself. 

Then, there was a heart at the bottom of her note.

I was broken out of my thoughts by the knock at my door. I had a feeling I knew who it was now.

I put the photo album back on the shelf and answered the door.

"I knew it was going to be you, Jiraiya," I said.

"Hana, I don't even know where to start," He said.

"Just come inside," I said and invited him in.

Now Naruto wasn't here and I could give him a piece of my mind.

"You know," I said, still turned around. "I understand if losing Uncle Minato hurt you and made you want to leave, but the least you could've done was say goodbye to me,"

He stayed silent.

I felt tears forming.

"Why the hell didn't you say anything to me before you left? I needed you. I lost everyone I cared for back then and I came looking for you, because I needed someone to talk to," I raised my voice. 

"Let me explain, okay?" He said. "I left because of Orochimaru. Minato was a part of it, but I had to keep tabs on Orochimaru. I plan to bring him back one day, no matter what it takes. I'm sorry I left without a goodbye,"

"Losing Minato and Kushina hurt me too, you know," I wiped my tears. "I had no parents. I barely remember them. They became my actual parents after taking me in and then I met you. You were a second father to me,"

He looked remorseful. 

"You never lost me, Hana," He said. "I know we haven't spoken in years, but I still care about you. I was going to talk to you after I brought Orochimaru back,"

"You could've taken me with you," I replied quietly.

He shook his head. "I wouldn't want to put you in danger and you have Naruto to look after,"

"If you took me with you, I would've taken him too,"

He sighed and gave me a hug. I immediately started tearing up again. Too many emotions were surfacing right now and I didn't know how to handle it. 

He pulled away and I wiped my tears away, again. We started catching up on everything. I told him about my situation with Naruto, the rogue ninjas after me, and how I finally made amends with Kurenai and Anko.

He told me more about his travels, 'research', and kept apologizing for leaving. 

I was happy to have him back.

I'm still a little angry about him leaving without a word, but I knew I'd get over it soon. I'm just happy to know I didn't lose him as well. I'd rather have him back than not have him back at all. 

"About earlier," I gave him a look. "Please tell me you haven't corrupted Naruto. I don't need him turning into a mini you," 

He laughed. "Don't worry. He gave me an earful about being a pervert. Reminded me of you because he also gave me a nickname. It's 'Pervy Sage',"

"Well he isn't wrong, Perverted-Sensei," I snickered.

He grimaced at the nickname, which made me laugh even harder. 

"Well, I hope you train him. He needs to have you around," I said after calming down from my laughter.

He didn't say anything in response and then stood up.

"I better get going, I have-"

"Research," I finished for him, shaking my head.

He chuckled and left my house after that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you guys have a good day today. I may upload another chapter if I have time, but I'm excited to have Pervy Sage back lmao. Sorry if it's rushed. I really needed this chapter out, because now I can start making Naruto and Hana closer. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.8K 45
Sometimes life can feel like an endless cycle of disappointments. Hinata at her lowest finds herself at a strange bar, where she meets a blond strang...
242K 8.2K 30
Obito Uchiha Story ❤️ Mizuki isn't the type to get interested in anything. She's always worried about herself, and only her. But when she meets the...
28.7K 1.4K 115
(Book 2) Everyone's favorite red haired- goggle wearing girl is now a teenager and much more feminine as Naruto returns to Konoha! She's been working...
224K 8.4K 100
Warning: This is a sequel! If you have not read: 'You're not the only one...' Do so now! --------------------------------------------------------- P...