Hocus Pocus // T. Stark

By Leentjekat

Hocus Pocus, həʊkəsˈpəʊkəs/noun *meaningless talk or activity, typically designed to trick someone or conceal... More

Hocus Pocus
Cast
The Avengers
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
The Wizarding World
Cast II
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
Epilogue

XIII

5.1K 194 9
By Leentjekat

Adrenaline pumps through her veins as Amelia sprints through the chaos. Explosions blow pieces of debris onto her path. Her movements are agile and fast as she dodges and attacks aliens coming at her from every direction. A car speeds towards her but with a flick of her wrist she stops it from hitting her body. People are rushing through the streets and Amelia is doing anything she can to keep those bodies moving.

An unknown flying vehicle with an equally unknown being on top of it starts blasting at a group of people in front of her. After hitting it with a blasting curse, she checks if the people are alright before pointing them to a safer location. She hears a loud new sound in her ears and fears for the worse, but as she looks up she notices it to be a jet. A human invention.

That makes her think of the earpiece that Fury gave her. She checks the area before hiding in an alleyway for cover. Amelia pats her pockets in search for the small device and finds it in her left pocket. Her finger taps it on as she puts it in her ear and voices sound from the muggle invention.

"-on your three, headed north west." The voice of a familiar female brings joy to her ears.

"Natasha-" She presses the button since her voice wasn't entering the device before and repeats herself, "Natasha! It's me, Amelia. Where are you?"

"Amelia? You're alive?"

Tony cuts her off before she can reply, "Natasha, what did you stop for drive-through? Swing up park, I'm going to lay them out for you."

Amelia sees the iron man fly past the tower, a train of chitauri ships behind him. She keeps an eye out for the jet and Tony as she continues to fight of any stray aliens. She sees the jet firing at the dozen of aliens behind Tony. She apparates closer and shields the people underneath it from the destroyed vehicles. Then her wand grabs a hold of a space scooter in the air and with a flick she fires it back towards the other aliens that follow.

Amelia hears Tony taking about more incoming and sees him fly towards the top. The jet flies further and points its guns at Loki on top of the tower. Loki shoots it down with a thrust of his spear and the jet catches fire. 

She follows the jet by apparating down the streets where the crashing vehicle was passing. It was tiring but she couldn't let it crash. As the jet was nearing the ground, Amelia appeared before it with her wand held high. With a flick and swish she hits the jet with a levitation spell. The force of the moving plane causes her feet to slide backwards on the stone pavement. Amelia grids her teeth and releases a powerful yell as her magic tries to stop the plane from crashing. The technology of the plane was reacting with her magic, sparks flying all over the place. Her fingers were shaking from her fierce grip on the wooden stick. Slowly but surely the plane stopped moving, floating closely above the floor. 

Amelia notices Natasha and an unknown man in the jet as she slowly lowers it to the ground. As soon as the plane touches the ground, Lia leans forward with her hand resting on her knees. Her breathing is loud and uneven and a puff of dust causes her to cough and tremble. She forces her gaze up as she hears the jet open and sees the personification of America walking towards her.

"Hey Steve-" Her greeting gets cut short as strong arms circle around her waist. A surprised yell escapes her mouth as she gets lifted from the ground, the color red, blue and white filling her sight. Steve's bear hug was sudden but somehow very needed.

"Amelia, are you okay?"

"I'm alive. Glad to see you too Steve."

He puts her down and she nods at Natasha and her guest. The man with a bow quickly introduces himself as Clint and then they are moving once again. They run in the direction of the tower, wanting to be closer to the portal. As they are running Clint speaks up, looking at Amelia as he does.

"Soo, did I miss something? Is it common for you to stop planes?"

"Oh uhm, can't say I've stopped a plane before." Amelia sheepishly answers while jumping over a piece of rubble, "And if you're wondering, the others also didn't know I could do that, or at least I think they didn't, so you didn't miss a lot."

"I knew there was something off about you." Natasha says, earning a grin from Lia.

"Well, you are a spy, I would be disappointed if you didn't. And that's why you scare the Godric out of me."

The redhead huffs a laugh, an amused grin on her face, "You see, it's when you say stuff like that-"

Amelia laughs and then looks at the captain for his thoughts about it. Steve looks back and says, "Look, I don't care whatever that was, as long as you can do more of it." He sounded serious but the witch could see a small smile on his face as he turns left, with the others following his lead.

"Sure," Amelia was surprised at how quickly Steve was letting it go, but then again they did have other things to worry about, "Copy that, Captain."

The streets were a battlefield: cars lit on fire, a few people still searching for cover with pieces of buildings and the street itself blocking the way. Steve leads the team as he searches a way through the chaos. They reach a building close to the tower but then stop as an unknown sound echoes through the city. The team looks up towards the source of the sound.

The portal pulses and gleams threatening blue as a large figure appears out of the darkness. A creature that looks like a mechanic whale flies into the air of New York. It was massive but somehow graceful as it swims through the air. Amelia had never seen something so terrifying in her life.

As it flies over them, chitauri soldiers jump off of its skin and dig their sharp claws into the buildings they reach. They break the windows and attack the people still inside. Amelia can hear their screams from all the way down on the streets.

As they look around Steve reaches for his earbud, "Stark, are you seeing this?"

"Seeing, still working on believing." Amelia hears Tony's voice through her earpiece as well. Iron man makes his way towards the huge beast, "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted."

Amelia and the others move to hide behind a taxi. The witch takes this time to tie her hair back. Healing and blood-replenishing potion slide down her throat, followed by a potion to boost her energy. The witch was drinking too much potions in a short time but she could really use a boost right now.

"We've got civilians still trapped up here."

They move to look at the place Clint was referring to but they get distracted by a familiar face flying past them on a space ship. Loki was wearing his battle armor and was causing destruction in the city. Explosions pulverize the streets as no place was spared from the maniacs spear. 

"They're fish in a barrel down there."

Chitauri soldiers fall upon the street, Amelia steadies her wand.

"We got this, It's good. Go." Natasha assures Steve.

"Do you think you can hold them off?"

Clint moves towards another car, his bow ready in his arm, "Captain, It would be my genuine pleasure." 

He flexes his arm and sends his first arrow into the chest of an alien nearby, the arrow releasing multiple shots into the chitauri standing next to it. And the team was off. Steve ran towards a police force nearby. Natasha began shooting with her guns, her shots accurate and fast. And Amelia, she was all over the place.

Every spell that came up in her mind was shot out of her wand as fast as lightning. Stunning spells, explosions, even darker spells that were borderline illegal. She shot a stream of fire in the face of a chitauri, she swells up the head of another until it reaches explosion and covers them in boils. The witch wasn't sure what spells would work on the beings so she just tried them all. She teleports all over the streets to save as many bystanders as she possibly can. 

Lightning burns several aliens in the distance making Amelia decide to check up on the others. She sees Natasha flinch slightly as she suddenly appears beside her with a crack and she stops the redhead's spear (that she somehow stole from an alien) with her hand before it can shoot a hole in her chest.

As she notices an alien creeping up on them, the witch blast a beam of light towards it and watches it burn to death.

Thor drops down to join as well, his landing wonky as he sinks lightly though his knees. He recovers quickly and walks towards them. Steve speaks up.

"What's the story upstairs?"

"The power surrounding the the cube is impenetrable."

"Thor's right. We got to deal with those guys." Tony adds.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asks.

Steve looks at them, "As a team."

"I have unfinished business with Loki" Thor spits out.

Clint gazes up from the arrows he was fixing, "Yeah, get in line."

"I should probably go last 'cause I don't know if there will be much left of him when I'm done." Amelia spits out, her British accent more pronounced then normal because of her anger.  

"Save it. Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these thing could run wild. We got Stark up top. He's going to need us to-."

Steve gets cut of by the sound of a motorcycle. They turn around to see the one and only Bruce Banner riding it. The old motor comes to a stop and the scientist steps of. They walk towards him as he speaks.

"So, this all seems horrible."

"I've seen worse." Natasha eyes him up and down.

"Sorry."

"No, we could use a little worse." The spy says with a smile.

"Stark, we got him."

"Banner?"

"Just like you said."

Amelia found it weird to see the serious side of Steve. Sure, he was always serious but before he just sounded like a threatening teddy bear, now he sounded like a leader.

"Tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

Iron man appears around the corner, the giant beast hot on his tail. The monster's fins hit the buildings as it chases the billionaire in the iron suit. 

"I-I don't see how that's a party."

Amelia gulps, stepping closer towards the god of thunder, "Nope, I'm definitely too sober for it to be a party."

The enormous alien skims over the floor, destroying everything is its path. Bruce walks towards it, his body tense.

"Dr Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to become angry."

Banner continues walking but looks back over his shoulder, "That's my secret, captain. I'm always angry."

Amelia watches as his shirt shreds, green coloring the skin visible from the holes. The doctor grows five times his normal size. His whole body bulking with muscles and all in all, it was the coolest thing Amelia had ever seen. She would have called it the most terrifying thing but the space whale that was coming their way was currently still holding that title.

The hulk raises its fist and slams the huge alien in the face. The mutated doctor slides backwards as it tries to stop the mechanic alien whale. Asphalt breaks at its feet from the extreme force. The Hulk brings the alien to a stop causing its body to starts falling forwards. The alien twists and the armor that is covering its skin begins falling of. It's huge body continues falling and if it keeps going it will crush the team of unlikely heroes. 

"Hold on!"

Amelia faintly hears Tony's voice over the ringing in her ear. Her fear locking her body tight. She feels Thor grabbing unto her and covering her body with his. Tony shoots at the defenseless skin of the alien and it falls sideways and off of the bridge they were standing on.

Iron Man drops down next to the witch and the team forms a circle. Amelia flexes her hand, ready to fight. Tony raises his thrusters and gives her a nod. Steve holds up his shield. Natasha cocks her gun, Barton readies his bow and arrow. The Hulk roars in anger, his muscles tensing and Thor renews his grip on his hammer.

This was a team.

This was her team.

And as she hears the chitauri around her scream in anger at the loss of their massive friend, only one thought crosses her mind.

Let's save the world.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Remember that I said that I was going to try uploading more? I was going to but then I got sick (don't worry, it wasn't corona). I was sick for about 3 weeks in total because my stomach was being a pain in the.. well.. stomach :). Anyway so because of that I now have so much school work to catch up on so I've been busy. And let's not even begin about the exams coming up in January...

So I finished this chapter for you guys and I hope you enjoyed it! I also hope you are all still well and healthy! And I'm not only talking physical health, so if you struggle mentally in this time I can only encourage you to talk about it with someone. Your friends, parents, teachers, cat, dog or bird. And If you want you can drop a comment over here. Wattpad is a community, so who better to talk to then strangers online with the same interests ;)

I can't promise another chapter soon but I will try my best.

Until then, I wish you all well and the best of luck with whatever you are doing at the moment!

Lots of love, Leentjekat x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.3K 1.2K 11
It's another boring, rainy day up in Stark Tower in New York and none of The Avengers know what to do to pass the time... that is, until a certain so...
322K 5.5K 26
Marvel and DC crossovers Soulmate book. ------- Sorry, still fricken suck at this part. ------- Please read notes. WARNING ⚠️⚠️⚠️ ⚠️ nsfw ⚠️ depres...
20.8K 814 14
Another one of Starks failed experiments causes a rift in Universes causing their Actor selves from another Parallel Universe to come through. Steve...
183K 10.1K 67
Being the daughter of Tony Stark has its benefits, but Pixie's life is about to take a turn that he might not be able to help her with. Upon receivi...