Mixing of Snow and Sand

Od kat1315

Mia Hosaka, the only survivor from the Village Hidden in the Snow, a village long forgotten from the attack o... Více

Chapter 1: A Village Long Forgotten
Chapter 2: Connections of the Past
Chapter 3: Demonic Sand
Chapter 4: Cursed
Chapter 5: Someone Precious...
Chapter 6: One Month
Chapter 7: Temari's Wind
Chapter 8: Gaara's Demon
Chapter 9: Childhood Memories
Chapter 10: Forced Out
Chapter 11: Village Hidden in the Sand
Chapter 12: Change of Scenery
Chapter 13: A New Beginning
Chapter 14: Hosaka Legacy
Chapter 15: Kisame and Itachi
Chapter 16: Rescue Attempt
Chapter 17: Haku
Chapter 18: Clouded Truth
Chapter 19: A New Technique
Chapter 20: Her Answer
Chapter 21: The Curse Grows
Chapter 22: The Night Everything Changed
Chapter 23: Body Guard
Chapter 24: A Month Later
Chapter 25: Brother vs. Sister
Chapter 26: Sasuke Retrieval
Chapter 27: A Choice to Make
Chapter 28: True to Yourself
Chapter 29: Osore Reveals
Chapter 30: Shei's True Form
Chapter 31: Breaking the Link
Chapter 32: Truth Behind the Wolves
Chapter 33: Reason for Happiness
Chapter 34: New Kazekage
Chapter 35: Surprise Attack
Chapter 36: Argument
Chapter 37: Hope
Chapter 38: Back Home
Chapter 39: Sad Truth
Chapter 40: The Akatsuki
Chapter 41: Transfusion
Chapter 42: Emergency Surgery & Jonin Level
Chapter 43: Gone...
Chapter 44: Bide our Time
Chapter 46: Truth of the Osore
Chapter 47: Darkness Consumes
Chapter 48: Orochimaru's Betrayal
Chapter 49: Shei's Story
Chapter 50: Chatting
Chapter 51: The Akatsuki Strike
Chapter 52: Day Off
Chapter 53: Madara

Chapter 45: Goodbye

6 0 0
Od kat1315

Gaara's POV

Tsunade and I tried to come up with some strategy to lure out some of the members of the Akatsuki, but we came up empty even with Temari and Shikamaru's help. 

"There has to be something we're missing." Shikamaru muttered. 

"We've looked at it through ever angle, we keep hitting dead ends" Temari argued. 

"Maybe..." I trailed off. They all looked at me. "Just hear me out. Using Naruto and I as bait." 

"Absolutely not!" They all yelled at the same time. 

"But we don't have any options. We know they're after the Tailed Beasts. We could use that to our advantage."

Don't you even think about it! I froze when I heard her voice in my mind. 

Mia...?

I don't have a lot of chakra, but don't worry about me. I'll find a way out of this mess. Don't I always? I frowned. 

Mia, please tell me where you are?

Even if I knew I could never allow you to sacrifice yourself for me... Her voice started to fade.

Mia?!

Just be patient. I'll see you again... And with that the connection cut. everyone looked at me surprised as fresh tears formed in my eyes.

"What is it?" Temari asked gently. 

"She's okay. I heard her voice. She doesn't know where she is." They all looked the hopeful. 

"But that means she's okay."

"For now..." 

Mia's POV

After several days of storing some reserves of chakra I was able to contact Gaara. He sounded exhausted, but it was enough to hear his voice. After the connection broke I watched as the door slammed open. 

"Who did you contact?" Itachi demanded. 

"I can't contact anyone. Chakra sealing and all." I mocked. 

"You can't lie." 

"My, my such an angry tone. That wasn't the same tone you were singing a few days ago." He took a step towards me.

"Enough Itachi. I will deal with her." I looked at the doorway to see Pain standing there. 

"You aren't going to do anything. Unless you want to lose the Osore." He never even flinched just simply slammed me against the wall with his strange power. I felt the pain in the back of my head, then the warm liquid dripping down it. 

"You are testing the limits of my patience. Who did you contact?"

"No one." That earned a sickening crack in my good arm. I didn't scream, just grunted in pain. I was released from his strange power, curling up on my side to protect my now broken arm. 

"Shei will heal your wounds with time." Was all that was said before the two of them left. 

You shouldn't be provoking them. Shei stated.

I know...

You aren't invincible.

I know! I snapped. He said nothing else just left me to silently cry. 

~

*two days later*

My head injury had healed but my arm was still broken. Pain strolled back in again. 

"Come." I had been sitting on the edge of the bed, calming my racing heart. I didn't make a remark just followed him out to where the other members were. Itachi glared at me with Kisame. "Mia, you are now a member of the Akatsuki." Pain stated.

"Like hell I am!" I yelled only to be slammed into the ground. 

"You don't have a choice." I glared up at him. "You will use your Osore to stop the Kage. And you will bring me the Tailed Beasts."

"What?!" I yelled. 

"If you don't. I'll kill you precious Gaara."

"You're asking me to kill him myself!"

"Yes."

"Why would I ever agree to that?!"

"Because you can make it painless." I was surprised by the sudden gentleness in my abuser's voice. 

"Painless?"

"If we extracted Shukaku, he will be in immense pain. You can make it quick and painless." My hands shook as I was released from the pressure.  I knew I had to play along. It was my only chance to get away eventually. 

"Fine..." I whispered. "But I have one condition." 

"What?"

"Let me say goodbye." My voice was soft. "Everything good has been taken away from me. Give me the chance to atone for my greatest sin, killing Gaara..." 

"Very well. Konan will go with you." The purple haired woman walked over to me, she was holding my robes. My arm being tucked in a makeshift sling, she helped me get them on.  "Konan, if she tries anything...you know what to do." Pain stated. She simply nodded and I followed her out into the blinding sunlight. It was the first time I was able to take in my surroundings, a mountainous terrain. 

"Where are we?" I asked as I followed her. 

"Nowhere anyone can find you." She stated. "Your arm?" She asked suddenly. 

"It will be fine." I muttered. 

"You and Gaara are close?"

"He is everything to me." She frowned. 

"I'm sorry." I heard her whisper, but afterwards it was pure silence for hours. 

*Two days later*

Konan seemed to be less weary of me as I offered to keep watch and I was still there when she woke up. 

Earn their trust. The thought continued through my mind. Eventually, we made it to the Leaf Village. 

"He's here?" Konan asked. My connection to Shukaku was strong, he was here for sure. 

"Yes." We waited for some time. Watching the guards at the village entrance. 

"You need to render them unconscious." Konan stated. I didn't want to but it was either that or kill them. I jumped down, walking over to one of the guards. 

"Welcome-" One of the guards started, my Osore boring into them. Him and the other collapsed to ground. Konan joined me, handing me a straw hat. I placed it on my head, leading the way towards the hotel they were staying at. I walked up to their room after Konan asked about Temari. I knocked on the door. 

"Who's there?" Kankuro's voice came from inside. Konan hid, so I could speak to Gaara. 

"Mia." I stated. There was a commotion and then the door opened. Everyone was there with smiles on their faces. However those smiles quickly vanished when they saw my outfit. 

"Mia, don't tell me...?" Gaara started. 

I've...come to say goodbye." My voice caught in my throat.

"Goodbye? What are you talking about?"

"The next time we meet...I will kill you." I looked at him. I couldn't hold back the tears. "I'm so sorry Gaara."

"Mia what did they do to you? Whatever it is we can-" I shook my head. 

"There is nothing you can say or do. I've made my choice." I lied through my teeth. 

Shei, please tell him the truth after we leave.

As you wish.

Thank you.

"Mia, please talk to me. Don't shut me out. Don't leave me again." Gaara pleaded. 

"Goodbye..."And with that I vanished with Konan.

"I can see how much you care for each other."

"Like I said, he is everything to me."

~

Gaara's POV

To have her so close, enough so I could pull her into my arms. 

Gaara. Shei spoke quickly after she left.

What is it?

This is an act. She needs to gain their trust. Pain has shown what he can do to her otherwise.

Pain?

He is the leader, he wields a strange power. Enough to break Mia's arm, crack open her head and make her submit. She has to play carefully.

Shei...

I will protect her, you have my word.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

193K 5.3K 18
(Highest Ranking: #4 in anbu) *Edited summary* Uzumaki Naruto is an enigma, he is quiet, orders random people around expecting them to follow those o...
4.3K 166 27
She was born, different. With a brother who knows not of her existence and a man she would give her life for thinking she is dead makes things rough...
1.9K 58 29
In the Village of the Hidden Leaf, there lived a young girl named Misaki. Abandoned by her parents as a child, she was sent to the academy to train a...
19.3K 498 43
Michigo Kagami is 13 and the last of her clan and the only one to have survived. Since she was the last of her clan she was taken by Orochimaru to be...