The Stølen Girl

By WickedPromises

Keith Chambers gets everything he wants, without question. So when he longs for a friend, it comes as no surp... More

Copywrite
Prøløgue
Chapter Øne
Chapter Twø
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Five

13K 642 158
By WickedPromises

Chapter Five

* * *

Meredith just stared at Theodore. "Older brother? Why haven't I met you?" Why didn't Keith mention you?

"I don't live here. My parents sent me to military school when I was eleven years old. When I graduated, I stayed away, but since my father's been put in prison, I decided to come home." Theodore wanted to ask so much more, but he couldn't. He didn't dare. She was too skittish.

Meredith felt happiness wash through her. So Keith wasn't lying. He really was alone.

But, then she remembered he'd said something concerning. "Older? How much older?"

Theodore lead her downstairs, back to the grand room. But, before the two could sit, he immediately changed his mind, due to his stomach. He was starving - he hadn't eaten all day. "I'm three years older than him," He said as he changed direction.

Meredith followed him into the kitchen, but she didn't sit. She just stood there, suddenly remembering what Mr. Chambers had done to her for even standing in this room, and she felt the fear crawl up her throat.

"I should go back downstairs." She suddenly said, and turned to leave.

Theodore just stared at her. "Why? Are you hungry? I'm making lunch."

Meredith wanted to say no, but the moment she opened her mouth, her stomach growled. Her cheeks immediately flushed, and she took a step away from Theodore.

Theodore noticed this and reached for her, but she was faster, and took two more steps away. "Don't hurt me, please! I'll try to stop my stomach!"

Theodore froze, staring wide eyed at the girl in front of him. No wonder she was the size of a stick - she was afraid to eat. Or rather, she was afraid of what he would do to her if she ate.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. Now, just sit down and I'll make you a sandwich."

Meredith shook her head so fast it made her dizzy. "Master will be home soon, and he'll give me an extra beating for being up here. I really should be going downstairs. He's going to beat me for showering, and I don't want to add to the pain, please."

She had never pleaded with the maids because she knew better. But Meredith didn't know Theodore. She didn't know how to act in this situation. She was teetering on being terrified of him and thankful he was around.

"By Master do you mean Keith?" Theodore dared to ask, and his blood ran cold the moment she nodded hesitantly. Suddenly, he felt anger flare through him at the thought of his baby brother laying a hand on her.

"I won't let him touch you, okay? Please just sit and eat a sandwich. You're clearly hungry."

Meredith was still stubborn and edging slowly towards the basement door. "I'm not supposed to eat until Master feeds me. I'm his pet to take care of, and his pet alone. Mr. Chambers made that clear."

Theodore felt sick to his stomach. Slowly, he was beginning to realize that the girl in front of him wasn't a simple house guest. No, she was being kept her against her will, and his own family was abusing her.

Meredith felt the fear run through her. She could see the clock, and while she couldn't tell time, she knew that Master came home when the numbers became 2 and 30. It was already nearing 2.

"Listen, Mr. Chambers is gone. And I'm not going to ask you again - come sit down and eat a sandwich."

Meredith's eyes widened at the tone of voice he used, and she immediately sat down, hoping he wouldn't hurt her. He was even more frightening when his voice was deep and menacing.

Theodore noticed this, and felt even guiltier. But, he realized that she wouldn't listen unless she was afraid. And while he didn't like that tactic, it would have to do. For now.

"Now, you're going to tell me your name. What is it?" Theodore growled out, purposefully sounding angry. He hated the fear in her eyes, but it got him just what he wanted.

"Meredith!" She squealed. He said he wouldn't hurt her, but the anger was clear in his eyes. She didn't want to take a chance.

"That's better. Now Meredith," Theodore started as he reached into the fridge. "How long have you been here?"

Meredith shut her eyes tightly. "For as long as I can remember."

Theodore slammed the fridge shut, making Meredith flinch with fright. "What does that mean? Like, five years, or your entire fucking life?"

Meredith shook with fear. "I don't know! I haven't been keeping track of the years! Master can tell you when he gets home!"

Theodore felt awful watching her cower in the seat. "I didn't mean to frighten you, really. Tell me, what are your parents' names?"

Meredith shook her head, trying to hold in the tears threatening to spill. "I don't remember. I don't even remember what they look like!"

Theodore knew it was bad, but not this bad. She must have been taken at a young age. He itched to call the police, but he couldn't. It was his family - he didn't want them to be put away. He loved his mother and brother, but goodness, this was bad. He was going to have to have a chat with them when they got home.

Besides, for all he knew, Mother had adopted Meredith. Maybe she wasn't even kidnapped. There were many reasons why she could be there.

Theodore handed her the sandwich. "Here, eat up. You look positively starved."

Meredith wanted to, so badly, but she could hear Keith's words in her head. She could picture him yelling at her while holding her down to beat her. All because she ate a sandwich.

Theodore could sense the inner turmoil. "I'll make sure Keith doesn't hurt you, alright? He doesn't even have to know."

Oh, but there was no getting around that. Before Meredith could even finish the sandwich, the front door slammed shut, and she immediately froze up in fear, dropping her sandwich.

She went to move off of the stool, but it was too late. Keith stepped into the kitchen, his eyes wide and angry.

"What the fuck is this?" He demanded, taking a step towards Meredith. Keith was confused - why was his own brother cooking for his pet? And why did Meredith look so afraid? He hated when she looked that way.

And then he saw the sandwich, and turned to glare at his own brother.

"So you're feeding her now, huh? And giving her showers? And she's fucking wearing your clothes? You better talk, Theodore! She's mine!"

Theodore stepped in front of Meredith, putting his hands up. "I better talk? Why is she calling you her master and why does she look half starved?"

Keith only saw red. "She's my pet, and I can do whatever I want to her! I own her!"

Theodore couldn't believe what he was hearing. Was his entire family crazy?

"You can't own people, Keith. How long has she been here?"

Keith wasn't nearly as calm. "I can too own her! Mother and father got her for me for Christmas when I was ten. She is mine!"

Theodore felt his stomach lurch. "Twelve years? She's been here for twelve years!"

Theodore made the first move, his fist coming hard against Keith's face. Keith hadn't even seen it coming, and dropped dead on the floor. To his credit, he got right back up and even threw a punch of his own, but Theodore was too fast.

"You can't beat me, Keith. I went to military school, remember?" Theodore said as he shoved his brother back. "You need to let her go, you hear me? You can't keep her here like a fucking slave!"

Keith cried out when Theodore landed another punch, this time to his stomach. "She's not a slave! She's my pet! And she loves me!"

Theodore shot one look to the petrified Meredith and didn't believe his younger brother for a second. Then, he turned away and grabbed Meredith. "I'll call the police, Keith."

Keith just laughed. "You'll be arrested too, you dimwit! Technically, you're part of the family! And you've visited enough times to be considered someone who knew but never said anything. Plus, the government thinks you've been living here for the past few years after you graduated. And I know you can't tell them what you've really been up to!"

That shut Theodore up. He knew Keith was right - according to the government records, he was supposed to be living at home. And that would have given him enough time to realize a person was living here against her will.

"I've got you now, brother. Don't you dare call the cops. Plus, where is she going to go? Her family is from across the country, and they think she's dead. She has no family! She can't even remember her last name, nevermind what state she was from! We're her family now, Theodore. She belongs to us."

Meredith couldn't help but agree. Even if she escaped, she would go nowhere because she had no family. The Chambers were very much her family, no matter how sick and twisted they were.

Theodore just looked down at Meredith. He wanted to protect her so badly, but he couldn't. And he was so confused. But, Keith was right. Not only would Theodore be arrested as well, Meredith would have no one.

"Now if you excuse me, I'm going to take my pet back to her room." Keith grabbed Meredith, loving the feel of her against him. He hated that she had to witness their fight, but there was nothing Keith could do now.

"Don't you dare hurt her Keith, or so help me God."

Keith just flipped him off. "I will do what I want with her. She's mine, after all."

Meredith hated that Keith was right. She was his. His little pet. And he would do whatever he wanted to her, no matter what Theodore had to say about it.

* * *

A/N: Hello everyone!

Ended sort of on a cliff hanger?? lol i know what happens ha ha ha

What do you guys think Keith is going to do???? what do you think theodore is going to do????

Happy friday! Love you all xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

716K 16.6K 34
Kidnapped by a psychotic vampire, 22-year-old Jessica Smith doesn't really think things could get any worse until she becomes a pawn in a vampire plo...
131K 3.7K 31
[𝐌𝐈𝐓 • 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏] He managed to make a sane eighteen-year-old INSANE. ~ He was fascinated by her. And he wanted to make her fascinated about him...
Cache By Kaitlin

Mystery / Thriller

108K 4.5K 31
What would you do for the ones you love? Katherine would soon find out just how far she's willing to go to protect her family. A normal day at a pa...
Michelle By Kim(◔‿◔)

Mystery / Thriller

81.5K 2.3K 23
TORN SERIES, BOOK ONE -- Michelle Wright thought she had put her past behind her, but when an old college classmate reappears, her life takes a dange...