Deep End - Magnus Bane

By stormyshadows__

"Love is for the weak" She said staring out of the window of Magnus' apartment, lost in the city below. "If... More

INTRO
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

7

9.1K 267 4
By stormyshadows__

As soon as they got out of the portal, Jace fell on the floor grunting, "Jace. Okay. It's okay. It's okay. I'm here, it's okay" Clary said getting down to Jace's level comforting him

"No going back now." He grunted activating his healing rune while the brunette looked around at the place with her bow in hand, "What is all this?" The redhead wondered.

"Experiments. Valentine's favorite hobby" Sarah answered with disdain as she watched the needles on the floor.

"There's no one here." Jace remarked as he walked around with his blade, Clary turned to him, "Did Meliorn lie to us? He said that, that Portal would take us to my father."

Sarah turned sharply to the locker when she heard banging on its door, "Stay with Jace behind me" Sarah demanded as she opened the door of the locker raising her bow ready to shoot.

Sarah lowered her bow at the man that was cowering with fear, "No, no. You died" She shook her head in denial as Jace did the same, "How?"

Clary frowned at the two siblings, "Jace? Sarah?"

"Sarah, Jace... is it really you?" the man wondered looking from Sarah to Jace in wonder.

"How do you know this man?" Clary asked as Jace watched the man with a teary eyes, "He's our father."

Michael Wayland got out of the locker approaching his children cautiously, Jace was the one who approached Michael hugging him tightly, "Dad?" He held into his father while Sarah watched them with clenched jaw, "Son."

"Sarah?" Michael looked at his daughter who shook her head, "No, Valentine, he killed you. I watched you die that day"

"No, Sarah. It's me. I'm here" Michael stated before turning to Clary, "I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace and Sarah's father. Look, I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me." He explained.

"And Jocelyn Fairchild?" She questioned watching Michael.

"He took her with him. You are?" He wondered as he stared at the redhead with narrowed eyes, "I'm Clary, her daughter. Meliorn, the Seelie, told me that he was here with her." She explained after introducing herself.

Jace was about to fall grunting in pain when Clary got him holding into him tightly, "Jace, no!" Clary called out.

Sarah approached her brother holding him from the other side, "What happened to him?" Michael wondered as he stared at his son

"Ravener venom." Sarah answered quickly as she looked at her brother in comcern, "His stele. Where is it?" Her father asked but the brunette shook her head.

"It's not going to work, the rune is too weak, he needs help" She stated firmly as she helped her brother

Michael nodded, "Valentine's got a standing Portal. Let's go." Sarah and Clary were helping Jace walk while Michael was leading them to the portal, "Hey, Jace, stay with me. Hey. Do you remember our first demon fight? We were way out past the Institute, way up at Kinshasa. You were only eight, but you were so brave. Do you remember what you said?"

" "I'm ready to die." "Jace breathed out

"And then I said, "Sometimes it's as brave to live as it is to die." Do you remember?" Michael asked looking at his son as they stood in front of the portal

"I do. It's true. It's you." Jace said breathing heavily while the brunette narrowed her eyes at the whole situation before they went through the portal.

They portaled to the Jade Wolf when the door opened with Clary and Sarah holding Jace, Clary yelled,"We need help!"

Simon and Luke stood up from their booth rushing to the group, "Clary, what happened?" Simon shouted in distress at the scene.

He was about to go to his friend but he noticed a ray of sunshine shining through, not allowing him any closer to Clary, "We thought we found Valentine, but he was already gone." She explained as she and Sarah set Jace down in one of the booths

"Michael Wayland?" Luke asked not believing his eyes as Simon frowned, "I thought Valentine killed Jace's father."

"He tried." He answered before turning to Luke, "Hello, Lucien"

"This can't be. I thought I'd never see you again." Luke stated as Sarah turned to him nodding her head, "Yeah, you're not the only one" Sarah said with an emotionless face, Luke looked at Michael who had a somewhat sad face.

"What happened to him?" Luke questioned ushering with his head to Jace who was grunting in pain with a sweaty face.

"Demon got him. He can't fight the poison. His runes are too weak and he needs blood, but we can't go back to the Institute."Clary explained before looking at Simon already having an idea, "Simon, there's gotta be some kind of blood at Hotel DuMort. Please, could you call Raphael and can you ask him?"

After Clary and Simon left to the hotel Dumort to get blood for Jace, Luke left to give the brunette and her father time to talk noticing the tension between them.

Sarah and Michael sat at one of the booths staring at each other, "Sarah...." Michael started when the brunette cut him off, "I don't believe you"

Michael frowned, "What?"

She snorted at him, "You've never been the loving father, and you're here not a few seconds hugging Jace? That was never your thing." Sarah stated with such disdain in her voice.

The man was away for ten years, he said he was being held a captive but the brunette didn't want to believe that and knew that something was up.

Michael sighed, "Ten years in captivity can do that to a person, you of all people should know that" Sarah looked at him as an understanding passed between the father and his daughter, "Jace doesn't know does he?" Michael wondered.

"Nobody does and I intend to keep it that way. So keep whatever you know to yourself" She demanded not taking her eyes off of her father.

He tilted his head, "You seem different, Sarah. Stronger perhaps, not the weak little girl I left behind"

She nodded, "That's right and it's no thanks to you"

Michael frowned narrowing his eyes at his daughter, "What happened to the girl who stayed up late to make sure her father and brother came back safely after a mission? Or the one who would help Jace heal from his wounds"

She stood up staring at her father, "This girl died that day in the fire and she's never coming back." She said before walking out of the diner.

"Hey, you'll be okay" Sarah stated as sat on a chair that was beside the couch Jace was resting on.

"Can you believe that? Our family is whole again" He breathed out, "It'll be like old times"

Sarah nodded as Jace closed his eyes, "Of course"

After a while Clary and Simon came running through the door with blood for Jace to heal him from the demom venom, after he was okay Clary went to spend a little private time with Jace.

Sarah walked into the basement of the Jade Wolf after Michael called for her as soon as she was inside he gave her a blade, "What's this?" She asked as she held into her hands watching Michael with the same blade

"You say you're stronger, I wanna see how much" He said with a little smirk staring at his daughter who scoffed, "You didn't hold a blade in ten years and you think you can best me?"

"I'm your father, aren't I?" He retorted, she took off her jacket approaching her father, "Very well"

She attacked him with the blade but he dodged at her, she sliced at his face but he ducked going around her, "You're focused" He remarked going to hit her but she hit her one with his, "And you're sloppy" She commented taking a few steps backwards, they spared for a while until she made a small cut at his throat ending the battle.

"You're good" Michael stated breathing heavily as she helped him up, "I told you, Not that I had anything to prove" She stated before walking out of the basement.

Michael told the shadowhunters about the place Jocelyn was in, it was an old hospital on the East River, "I know you and I don't like each other that much, but doesn't your father seem off to you?"

The brunette frowned looking around her, "You're talking about him like you've known the man your entire life"

"I mean if he had survived the fire, wouldn't you have known?" Clary wondered watching the brunette as they hid somewhere watching over the hospital

"It's him" Sarah answered quickly dismissing the redhead's worries, She used her stele for the awareness rune.

Clary scoffed still not giving up, "Come on, Sarah. I know you're smarter than this, you can probably smell a lie six feet away"

"You want someone to validate your claims, don't you?" She wondered with a smirk on her face.

Clary rolled her eyes facing the brunette, "You're dragging it out on purpose"

"I am and you're right, something that I really hate to say. You have to follow your gut, Clary and if it's telling you not to trust Michael then don't. " Sarah stared at Clary with a serious face as the redhead frowned, "Then why aren't you saying anything?"

Sarah rolled her eyes at the stupidity of Clary's question, "Because if I do and I'm wrong, then the outcome would be really bad, the best way to approach this situation is to have a back up plan for when things go to hell" She explained before turning to the hospital, "Now look at that" Clary nodded turning to look at the demons.

"There's too many of them" Sarah concluded as she and Clary walked into the diner.

Clary nodded agreeing, "We couldn't even count the demons." She crossed her arms staring at Luke, Jace and Michael.

"Yeah, but we still gotta get Jocelyn out of there." Luke stated looking at the shadowhunters

Jace frowned shaking his head, "That would be a suicide mission."

Sarah shrugged, "Not if Clary uses the cup" Clary yet again nodded agreeing with the brunette, "She's right, Demons will have to obey me."

Jace eyebrows furrowed at the two women who were always at each other's throat, "Are you two actually agreeing with each other?"

"No" Clary and Sarah answered at the same time looking at Jace with a stoic face.

Michael shook his head looking at Clary, "That's what Valentine wants. He knows you'll do anything to save your mother. He wants you to take out the Cup and use it."

Clary raised her eyebrows, "And if I do?" She inquired defiantly

"He'll take it. And he'll kill us, too." He answered her as Clary looked at him confidently, "Let him try."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 382 14
Haylynn grew up as a normal 17 year old girl, has normal friends, and was having a normal life. But one night, that all changed. She and her friends...
5.2K 169 65
Jocelyn didn't leave Valentine after the uprising. Eighteen years later, Jonathan and Clarissa developed to young and deadly Shadowhunters. Demonic b...
21.1K 1.1K 20
Set after Shadowhunters Season 2 Episode 12 And great inspiration from OnceUponATimeInRiverdale After when Magnus and Valentine switch back to their...
93K 2K 16
Of course it would be raining at a time like this. But, I can't think about anything except the big news he brought on me. I had to get away. I co...