The Perfect Luna

Galing kay skylar_hopeee

Book Three of the Moon Goddess Series. Effyía's story. Hazel, daughter of a powerful Alpha, grew up trained t... Higit pa

The Perfect Luna
stupid party
a spontaneous escape
unrestful days
it wasn't drugged
closed chapter
a long road
playing house
breakfast confusion
a face to the name
so it starts
got me psycho
i lost
make it stop
moon warrior
thinking thoughts
childhood ghosts
suzy's intervention
a weird situation
by the sea
nothing but sunny days
please dont end
and we're back
keeping with the times
a glimpse of her
joyous celebration
faded colour
what's happening
needing you the most
gone
a little bit of relief
a falling apart
q & a
now here we are
it's rather cold
a walk to the past
maybe just maybe
where it began
be it resolved
author's note
author's note

Luna Flumine

21.2K 985 176
Galing kay skylar_hopeee

Suzy was very passionate as she showed me around and explained me where everything was and where everywhere was.

I almost felt like I was in a history class because this girl explained all the events that happened even in the littlest corner.

"Do you see that corner over there, just between those two small shops? Do you know what happened there?" she asked me excitedly. Naturally I shook my head no. "Well, that's where Mary met her mate Edward! Isn't that so nice! Meeting each other in a small alley way."

Suzy seemed to also be the romantic because she swooned at the stories of mates that she told me about, making me laugh.

Without even knowing it, I was already opening up to her. Earlier, Frances was with us too, but she had to return to the clinic because someone was injured.

The people that met us also greeted us happily and nicely.

"You're our Alpha's mate, correct?" an older lady asked, her granddaughter right beside her.

Shyly, I nodded. This was still new to me, after all.

"Yes, my name is Hazel Sonder, ma'am." I briefly introduced myself. She nodded.

"Well aren't you a pretty Luna, I hope you will take care of us well." she said and I told her that I would do my best.

We met a few more people by the way and some of them had even bowed to me already.

Well, at least I didn't have to worry about not being liked.

As we continued on our tour, Suzy was leading me deep into the forest.

"Where are we going now?" I ask her. Her hazel eyes looked at me with stars sparkling in them, she was excited.

"We're going to the most important place in this pack." she answered and when I asked her why, she told me to watch and see.

And so I did. We kept walking as she told more of her stories, of who fought in this forest and who won, of who had a scandal and whatnot. Finally, we reached a river.

I noticed that the atmosphere around the area quickly changed, it was much more quiet here, more serene. The only sound that dominated was the running water that was flowing at the river.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes to take the surrounding in. It felt like my worries were gone, my homesickness, nervousness and all thoughts of Jessica Fields were out the window. There was just this in front of me.

"Isn't it a peaceful place?" Suzy said beside me, her voice much more calmer than she had been all day. The place had also had her in peace.

"What is this place?" I ask.

She smiled, looking proud of their pack's heritage. I would be proud too.

"This is what our pack is named after, Luna Flumine, it mean's the Moon's River. It is said that this river was blessed by Artemis herself and that's why it's so special."

I nodded in amazement.

"That sounds quite magical." I tell her and approached the river.

I bended down to touch the water and was amazed at how clear the water was.

My reflection was crystal clear on the water as if I was staring at a mirror. My blue eyes were even reflected brightly at it and that was quite amazing.

Just as I was staring back at myself, the reflection changed. Although it was still me, my eyes were different, there was a glowing crescent at the lower part of my pupils and I looked more serious.

"Elpída." she said and I heard it in my head.

Shocked, I let out a scream and fell on my butt.

Suzy came running to see what happened.

"What's wrong? Did a fish bite you?" she assumed looking at my hand.

I was breathing hard, still surprised at the reflection of me that I didn't recognize and the sudden mention of one of the legend's warrior.

What the heck was that?

"Y-yeah. I guess a fish bit me." I lied, still baffled of what just happened.

Suzy chuckled, finding it funny.

"Well, it seems you're a clumsy one. We should go now before the sun sets. I'm sure there's food prepared for us at the pack house by now." she said helping me up to my feet.

The peaceful feeling I had when I came here was now gone and I felt more worried now. Was I hallucinating? Am I just tired? Had I not slept enough?

No-- impossible. I slept fore more than twelve hours.

And I'm sure I really saw my reflection changing.

Suzy was telling me more stuffs, but I was partly present at the moment with her because I was caught up with the bizarre event.

Like what Suzy said, right when we arrived at the pack house, a feast has been readied for us. Like only for the two of us and even with Derek helping us on the food, there were still so many left overs.

The cooks explained that they got carried away because they were so excited to meet me and I found that really sweet of them. I had truly been nervous for nothing.

Archer didn't join us for dinner and they explained that it was because he had a lot of work to do since he's been gone for a while.

I couldn't help but feel disappointed, but the people I met in the kitchen as well as Suzy and Derek kept me company.

Unlike what I thought, this pack was actually pretty lively. Everyone was so nice and welcoming.

We had already finished when finally, Archer came into the kitchen. Behind him was both Allan and Jessica.

Was she with him the whole day?

I met Archer's eyes and tried my best to hide the frown that was forming although I was just having a wonderful time with Derek and suzy.

"All sorted out?" Derek asked all of them.

"You guys should grab something to eat." Suzy said standing up to grab some utensils for the newcomer.

Allan and Jessica sat down, but Archer came beside me and bended to my ears.

"Let's go?" he asked lowly. Seeing the chance to take him away from Jessica, I instantly nodded and stood up from my seat.

"You're not going to stay?" Jessica asked quite sadly, as if she was only staying because he was here.

Am I invisible to this girl or what?

I felt all the eyes of the others on me as if they were watching how I was going to react, but I kept a straight face.

"No, Hazel's probably tired." he explained, but it sounded more of an excuse than anything else.

"Well, good night you two. We'll see you tomorrow." Suzy bid farewell to us.

When we stepped out of the kitchen and away from everyone, I let out a breath that I hadn't even known that I was holding.

"You were working the whole day?" I asked.

Archer nodded. "There's no choice, the port has been busy lately and I was gone."

It was my turn to nod. Archer was a one question, one-line-answer sort of guy and I didn't really know how to deal with that. It felt like he was always drawing a line in which I couldn't cross.

We stepped outside and it was already dark out, it was probably more than 8PM.

I was inclined to ask him about Jessica because no matter how much I thought about it, it bothered me.

But what if he thinks I'm being clingy?

Yeah, he would probably hate that.

"Suzy says you went to the river?" he said as we were walking back to our house.

Remembering the weird thing that happened, I felt a shiver down my spine. It was a rather eerie feeling, almost ominous and all the more, that name that I've been hearing out of nothing.

I definitely had to look into that more.

"Yes, it was very nice, I never knew there was a place like that here."

Archer half-smiled, it was like Suzy's smile. I guess it really was their pride huh.

"Not many people know about it and we try not to make outsiders know about it."

Makes sense, if the whole werewolf community knew about it, they would all come here and that would probably destroy the peace and quiet that the place held.

When the silence settled again, my questions started again.

"Archer..." I started quite hesitantly.

My mate turned towards me and my heart was beating loudly. It should be fine, I'm only asking.

"Do I have to worry about Jessica?"

'There I said it, are you proud of me?' I tell my wolf nervously who was happy that I had done so.

I was expecting Archer to be surprised by the question or something, but he didn't look surprised at all. It was as if he was expecting it.

He looked at me and when he didn't answer right away, I felt as if I couldn't breathe. My chest was tightening as I anticipated an answer from him.

He looked down and let out a deep breath.

What is that supposed to mean?

"You've probably heard that Jessica and I were together a few years back. When we both turned 18, we found out that we weren't mates and stopped. I'd like to tell you not to worry about it because it was long ago, but that probably won't be the case."

I took time to process his words. Okay, so he's telling me not to worry, but that I probably will..? How does that make any sense.

"What does that mean?" my tone was harsher than it intended to be, making be me feel guilty.

Again with the pause, it just made me more anxious.

"Jessica is my childhood friend. Lately, she's been needing my help more than ever so I'd like to ask for your understanding. I know the rumours you may have heard may say otherwise, but there's nothing between me and her."

Under the lit pathway towards our home, we stared at each other for a while. I tried to find for anything that indicated that he was insincere, but I didn't find any.

Was I really just worrying uselessly?

Am I doing it again?

Why am I being so possessive, I don't even know Archer that well yet and I sure as hell don't love him... yet?

The mate bond was to draw us closer, sure, and all mates end falling in love with each other eventually.

Will that happen to us too?

Erasing all the thoughts that were causing doubt in my head, I reached my hand out to Archer. He looked at it for a while, wondering what he should do, so I took his hand and held it.

"Well, if you're going to be there for the rest of my life, you should learn this about me. I will trust you, but if you break that trust, things will never be the same."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

10K 344 43
Delythena is an alpha's daughter. She's a great warrior and also very stubborn. She's not one to run down a mate [cause let's be honest, women don't...
15K 1.3K 28
This is book 4 to becoming luna. Read Becoming luna first then finally queen then seeking revenge. Miguel is now Alpha. He protects the pack and mak...
895K 32.8K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
1.4M 36.8K 45
The ground shook. The battle began. Blood spilled. The Alpha died. The luna escaped with her new born child. 17 years later. Meet Athena a 17-year ol...