It's You (Supercorp)

By supercorp_arrowverse

Lena Luthor wasn't the most fortunate woman in National City. Neither was Supergirl. After a lot of awkward g... More

The CEO
The Gay Bar
Blackmail
Closer
Forget About It
Control
Take Me To Church
Leave Me (Not)
Crossfires
Forgiving, or Not?
The Interview
Jealousy
Making Amends (And Bending Metal)
A/N
Truth
The Cat's Outta The Bag
NEW STORY UP
Planetary Disscussions
Other Worldly Aspects
Needs You
Bewed?
Holy...
The Death of a Super
DONT KILL ME!
El Mayarah
I love you
Thanksgiving
A/N
All Good Things Have An End
Come Back Home...
Silence
And In My Arms, She Lies
Sorry Is All I Can Say
Tensions
Count Me In, Jerkwad!
Lena's Birthday
Perfectly Imperfect
Pranksters 101
Evil, I Tell You. Evil.
Oh, Jealousy...
Here We Go Again...
Here We Go Again... Pt 2
Perfectly Wrong...
Running Home To You...
It's A Compromise
Day Two
Please Don't Go
The Time of the Year
Christmas Eve
And Here's To All (SNEAK PEEK)
Anytime, Mom. (And Here's To All)
Bleach
live chat:)
Kennedy
Niece?
The Challenge (Pt. 1)
The Challenge (Pt 2)
The Challenge (Pt 3)
The Hero and the Sword
SEQUEL

The Gala

5K 107 173
By supercorp_arrowverse

Twelve days after the miscarriage

Lena

It was around two in the afternoon on a Wednesday, and it was the day for the big Gala that L-Corp and Catco, joint, will host. The funds made will all go to charity for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. I felt good for what I was doing, and I felt good for making an attempt to make my own name for myself, even after all the chaos Lex had caused.

Superman had found me and called Kara when Lex had caused the miscarriage. To be quite frank, I wasn't against the idea of carrying Kara's child. I wondered what he or she would look like.

But before I thought to think of any of that, I knew it was best not to get ahead of myself. I wanted a slow, steady future with Kara. I didn't want to rush things, and I knew she didn't, either. 

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts as I felt arms snake around me, and I inhaled Kara's scent. I craned my neck to press a kiss to her lips, feeling her smile into it.

She pulled away after, say 20 seconds, to speak, "So, penny for your thoughts?" I smiled, nodding. 

"I was thinking. About you," Kara smiled, "and possibly a future," I let out a relieved sigh, glad to have finally gotten that off of my chest. Kara nodded and sat down on the sofa, patting the set beside her.

"I was thinking about that, too... after what happened, the miscarriage... for some reason, I was okay with it... you know? Well, I wasn't happy that the baby died, of course, I can't be happy that something died-" she started to ramble, so I did her a favor, cutting the blonde off.

"What did you think about when you found out I was pregnant?" 

"I... I knew that we weren't ready for it... hell, we're not even married... I mean, of course, I'd want to marry you one day, but there's something I need to do before any of that... but I feel as though, you running L-Corp as its CEO and me having Supergirl duties and reporting... we wouldn't be the best attempting to raise a child,"  

I smiled, "You would be a great mother," I imagined future Kara, cradling a baby in her arms. A baby that I carried, of course, since she isn't able to give birth and well, she's got Supergirl duties.

She thought for a minute before speaking, "You really think that?" I pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Of course I think that," I started to speak, "Kara, you're perfect in every way, in my eyes. Your eyes, your laugh, hell, your voice, everything about you, including how you can be extremely nervous.. some could say 'adorkable', which is pretty accurate. The past... what, fourteen, months we've been together... I've never been happier," 

"I love you," she suddenly blurted. I smiled.

"I love you too... if that wasn't obvious," she laughed before pressing a kiss to my lips. It was passionate and it felt right. 

She broke apart to catch air, "Who would've thought," she laughed, "A Luthor and a Super,"

I smiled, "Great duo, hmmn," 

She nodded as I stood up, going to get changed for the gala. I dressed in a black and maroon 3-piece suit, putting my hair in a sleek ponytail. Walking back into the living room, I saw Kara standing in the kitchen sipping a glass of water, dressed in her Supergirl attire.

She glanced over at me, a smile forming over her lips as she set the glass down. The heroic blonde's arms wrapped around my waist gently, her touch gentle, sweet, and loving. She smiled as both of us leaned in closer for a kiss. I laughed gently, connecting our lips in an innocent-turned-searing kiss, my hands nestling into her blonde hair. I bit her lip, inducing a moan from Kara.

An alarm took us away from our moment, Kara pulling away to silence it. Kara pecked my lips once more before moving to the glass panes of the window, pulling it open. The city's breeze blew at her hair gently, her cape billowing behind her.

"You ready to go, Lee?" she asked me with a smug grin. I shook my head frantically.

"No way, you remember what happened last time! I'll have my driver get me there," I spoke. Kara pouted as I started to text my driver.

"Lena..." she attempted to change my mind.

"Lee..." No, Lena. Keep it together, don't let her win.

"Lele?" God, Kara, never say that.

"Baby..." No!

"Babe..." Kara no stop this is cheating...

"My love?" Why is this so hard...

"Darling?" No way... no way am I giving in...

"Daddy." I spun around, giving in. She had some sort of an amused/victorious look plastered on her face as I let her hold me tightly before she took off.

As we landed at Catco, Kara put me down and I murmured, "Kara Danvers, I will get you for that little stunt," She just chuckled. 

All the eyes were on us. It wasn't every day that you see a Super and a Luthor working together,  let alone dating. Come to think of it, Kara and I have been dating since last fall... so one year.

Kara pulled out her phone and typed for a bit. She put her phone away, and I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I sent her a questioning glance, pulling out my phone,I and checking my messages.

My love: You say you'll get me for that 'stunt',  but I believe you're forgetting who's in charge.

I just laughed before moving to whisper something directly into the Super's ear, "Babygirl, you'll regret that," She choked on air, ducking her head to face the floor as her ears grew red hot, and I wouldn't be surprised if her face was red. 

I saw James walk towards us. I was never really fond of James, simply because he was always a selfish prick. Plus, he wanted Kara... he's always liked her more than a friend should. Wow, Kara is quite oblivious.

"Supergirl... Lena, nice to see you here," James smiled at Kara before looking towards me.

"Of course we'll be here, she's here as my date and protection of Catco, I'm here as the hostess," I remarked. 

"Oh. You're right. Supergirl, how are you doing?" James looked at Kara with an admiring gaze. 

She smiled at her friend and answered, "Oh, I'm doing," she looked over to me, her smile growing, "amazing." I wrapped my arm around the blonde's waist.

"That's nice to hear," James said before lowering his voice, "I heard what happened a few weeks ago and I just got back in town, are you actually okay Kara?" 

Kara just laughed before answering, "Yes, we're fine. Lena's the one who got shot. I didn't even know she was pregnant, but we're okay. It was too early to even think of parenting a half-Kryptonian,"  I nodded, agreeing.

James nodded, "Alright. I must get going, Cat Grant is here and we're discussing some matters on Catco...she's back in town and wants her old position as CEO back," I smiled.

"Cat is a great business partner, she's great for Catco. I couldn't think of Catco without Cat in it," I spoke fondly. Kara smiled.

"James, we'll see you soon. Bye, it was nice talking!" Kara spoke to James. He nodded, hugging Kara before nodding in my direction and walking away.

Suddenly, someone walked up to us, a reporter's notepad in hand. It was a woman. She wore a floral dress and her hair was up in a ponytail, "I- um... Miss Luthor, I'm here on Miss Danvers's behalf... I... sorry. She couldn't make it tonight, I'm here for a quick interview," I smiled. She was just like Kara when she and I met.

"Sorry, you probably don't want to do an interview because you're standing right next to the girl of steel, who's also your date and your girlfriend that you live with, and this is a gala and it's not the time or place... I should shut up now.." the woman kept rambling. 

"Oh no, it's perfectly fine. I didn't catch your name, though,"

The woman nodded frantically, "Sorry Miss Luthor... my name is Nia Nal, I'm a junior reporter at Catco Worldwide Media. Miss Danvers is my mentor," she introduced herself. I looked at Kara, who nodded.

"Nice to know you're a friend, then. Any friend of Kara's is a friend of mine. Please, call me Lena," I spoke as welcoming as I could. I was told that I, quite often, didn't seem welcoming, but intimidating. 

Nia spoke, "Thank you... uhh... the first question was, well... is it true, what happened?" I looked over to Kara, who was looking at me. We both looked unsure.

"No comment," I answered, "I don't think this is something we'd like to tell the press," Nia nodded, understanding. 

Nia continued, "Okay. There are some suspicions on you cheating on Supergirl," Kara gave me a questioning look before Nia continued, "with Kara Danvers," 

I stifled a laugh before answering, "Kara Danvers and I are close friends. She was my first friend when I moved to National City. But I assure you, my loyalty lies with Supergirl," Kara was holding back a laugh at the situation.

"Okay, I promise this is the last question; has Supergirl told you her secret identity?" 

"No comment,"

Kara looked at me, thanking me with a nod. There was a sudden explosion, and Kara looked up into the sky. I saw Superman fighting what looked to be... a Daxamite. Kara groaned before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Lee, go take cover. Alex is on the left side of Catco, go take cover over there. J'onn will get civilians to safety, I'll be back soon, I love you," she whispered to me.

"Okay... be safe, I love you too," I spoke before moving to take cover with Alex. 

"Can't get enough of me Little Luthor, can you?" Maggie laughed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kara

As Lena got to safety, I moved up into the air to meet my cousin, "Kal, I thought I told you to keep your fights out of my city?"

Kal just laughed, "Sorry, 'lil cous," he threw a punch at the Daxamite. I quickly recognized the Daxamite. 

"Mon-El."

"Kara Zor-El,"

"The fuck? Supergirl, go to the ground! Now!" Kal's eyes glowed orange as he remembered Mon-El.

"I will not let you fight alone. Kal-El, watch your profanity! There are children!" I scolded. Kal just rolled his eyes as Mon-El watched, intrigued.

"Superman! Getting scolded by your little cousin? How embarrassing," Mon-El laughed. I rolled my eyes before throwing a punch, landing it successfully on the Daxamite's jaw. He rubbed the sore area.

"I only came to talk to Supergirl!" Mon-El defended himself. Kal rolled his eyes and stood in front of me protectively.

Mon-El spoke again, "If you do not move aside, I will use Kryptonite, Superman,"

Kal spoke, his teeth gritted, "Hell no." Mon-El shrugged and pulled out a rock of Kryptonite, holding it closer to us. It felt like a fire had been injected into my veins, it felt like nails scraping through my veins as if it were a chalkboard.

I fell to the ground, landing on my knees. Kal was beside me, the same pose mimicked as Mon-El stood in front of us.

Mon-El laughed, "Woah, two Supers kneeling down at my feet. How weak of them," Suddenly, J'onn flew into Mon-El, tackling him down as if he was a football player.

Mon-El didn't know how to fight. He was the prince of Daxam. Of course, he had guards, he couldn't do anything for himself. And so with that, Mon-El, once again, ended up in the DEO's alien prison.

Alex helped me up from the ground as I tried to recover from the Kryptonite. It wasn't a small rock of Kryptonite- it was a very large chunk. If Mon-El had gotten any closer, then I wouldn't be here. I would most likely be dead.

Lena ran over to me, holding me close before pulling back, "I thought I told you to be safe!" Kal snickered as Lena continued on her rant, "When I say 'Be safe!' I don't mean fall five stories from the sky or get too close to a Daxamite! Daxamites have Kryptonite! Of course, they do!"

I looked down to the ground, Lena's shouting attracting civilians as Lena continued, "Superman told you to go back to the ground! You should have listened!" Maggie burst out laughing, muffling her laughter with her sweater. Alex lightly slapped her girlfriend's arm.

"Sorry, Lee..." 

"I was so worried..." Lena's voice cracked, "Your veins glowed greener than I had ever seen... K- Supergirl, I can't lose you..."

I knew that being Supergirl came with a cost. The cost was either you or your loved ones get hurt or killed. Every time, I would choose myself to get hurt. If I had to choose between myself and Earth, I would choose myself to get hurt or killed. The price of a hero.

After a moment of silence, I spoke, "I'm afraid that it's the price of a hero... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ever dragged you into this..."

Lena shook her  head, "Are you saying that you shouldn't have dated me?" I paused.

"Maybe," I said, tears in my eyes. This went too far...

A tear fell down Lena's cheek, "A Super and a Luthor, what a fucking joke," I gaped at her in disbelief.

"Lena, how could you say that? Our names don't matter! None of that matters! I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said what I said..." I spoke, hurt. Lena just shook her head.

"You waited this long to say that you wished you never brought me into this. This long, Supergirl. We live together! Hell, you got me pregnant!" All eyes were on us. 

"Lena... I-"

"Just go. Please, go... I'm spending the night in my old apartment," Lena had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I- I'll respect your decision. I love you...goodnight," I walked the other way.

"I love you too," Lena whispered. I shot up into the air, landing on a nearby building's rooftop. I was going to wait and make sure Lena made it back to her old apartment safely.

My feet dangled from the side as the night's breeze dried my tears. I saw Lena leaving in her driver's car, and I listened to her heartbeat as she got further away. I flew back to Lena and I's apartment, sitting on the edge of the sofa, not noticing Alex sitting at the kitchen barstools.

"It's all over Twitter and YouTube... how are you doing?" my sister asked me. I just shrugged.

"I don't know if Lena just broke up with me or not. I- I didn't think when I said that... I didn't think that it could hurt her," My eyes stung with a fresh set of tears.

Alex's phone rang, and she apologized before answering it. She cursed under her breath before hanging up.

"J'onn needs us both at the DEO... and the night gets worse," I nodded and flew us to the DEO, jogging to the main control center.

J'onn stood at the table, his arms crossed, and his expression grave as he spoke, "We arrested Mon-El but turns out his mother wasn't happy... Kara, Rhea exposed Kryptonite into the air..." I coughed, now feeling it.

"You're not safe here...you need to go to Argo..." a tear fell from J'onn's face. I nodded.

"Let me," I coughed, "let me do something first..." I quickly wrote a note to Lena.

'Lee, don't worry about me... Mon-El's mother released Kryptonite into the air. I have to leave Earth. I don't know for how long I'll be gone... but I love you. And I'm so, so sorry for what happened last night. I didn't mean it... I didn't mean to hurt you. I love you so much, Lena... 

-Kara'

"Give this to Lena... Alex, I love you. Please, be happy with Maggie. I'll be back... oh! And give this to Lena," I unlatched the clasp of my mother's necklace, setting it into Alex's hands.

Alex nodded before pulling me in for a hug. I felt a fresh set of tears on my shoulder before I pulled back and pressed a kiss to my sister's cheek. 

"I have to go..." I coughed into my elbow, "I love you, I'll be back. I promise," I was pushed into the pod I arrived at Earth in. As it moved into the air, I saw Lena running over to Alex. I sadly waved to them before the pod swiftly moved outside the atmosphere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.6K 1.7K 11
Kara Danvers, a.k.a. Supergirl, never thought she'd fall in love with a Luthor, Lena Luthor, her best friend, for that matter. ~~~~~~~~ "You can't g...
89.8K 3.8K 18
Lena Luthor has success in many areas of her life, however love is not one of them. She has the ultimate crush on her best friend of ten years Kara...
28.5K 1.1K 17
Reporter Kara Danvers(also supergirl) and business woman Lena Luthor have been friends for years, both have hidden feelings for each other but are un...
698 23 10
A Sequel to Lena Luthor: Supergirl's True Kryptonite They say that loving someone is one of the bravest things you can do, especially if you've been...