Deep End - Magnus Bane

stormyshadows__ által

"Love is for the weak" She said staring out of the window of Magnus' apartment, lost in the city below. "If... Több

INTRO
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

1

18.3K 486 13
stormyshadows__ által

She walked in the night air, with the hood on her head, she was invisible to the mundanes but not to the shadow world, she was free for the first time in about 19 years she was free and had one goal in her mind, get to her brother.

Her brother Jace Wayland who walked with his parabtai and parabatai's sister following a demon a lead they had on why the mundanes were drained of blood, surely she knew who and why but she wasn't about to make her entrance just yet.

Years in captivity, and she never lost hope of seeing her brother again, she watched him, hiding into the night, and it helped that he was focused on the demon that he never realized she was stalking him.

Sarah Wayland clenched her jaw when she saw them enter the pandemonium; about to follow them herself, she frowned upon seeing a redhead girl following Jace, 'perhaps she has the sight,' the brunette thought as she hid in the shadows of the nightclub.

She settled in the shadows watching the scene unfold in front of her with Jace interrogating the demon to the flurry of red who pushed the demon away when the blonde Shadowhunter was about to stab it, narrowing her eyes. She reached into her quiver, pulling an arrow.

With a trained eye, she already knew that the room was swarming with demons and the redhead girl just made it harder for the Shadowhunters to focus on the demons around them.

One of them was about to attack Jace when the brunette shot him with her arrow, stunning everyone who didn't notice her in the first place; the ginger girl ran out of the room, leaving the Shadowhunters to deal with the mess she made.

Sarah noticed the other archer, Jace's Parabatai, who was as much as good as her, but she was much better than him; one of the demons was just behind him, ready to attack the black-haired guy when she stabbed him with her blade, "Who are you?" Alec asked.

She narrowed her eyes at his Hazel one, tilting her head at him before noticing the demon behind Alec, "Behind you," She yelled, ready to stab it. Still, Alec was quick as he turned around frying the demon, he turned back to the brunette, but she was already gone.

"You're waging war against the vampires. Impressed," Sarah said out loud as she walked on Jace and Clary, who were standing on the rooftop of the Dumort hotel.

Jace narrowed his eyes at the brunette crossing his arms in front of his chest; he eyed her with a perplexed gaze, "You're the girl from the club. The one with the arrows. Care to tell me who are you?"

She shrugged, pacing in front of the couple, "It's irrelevant. But I assure you, Jace. Once you do, your life will never be the same. Now moving on, You can't face all of the vampires on your own, especially since ginger here is a wannabe Shadowhunter," She explained, focusing on her brother, who didn't seem to realize who he was talking to.

"Hey! My name is Clary," Clary called out in annoyance as she stared at the brunette.

Sarah turned to the redhead, "I know who you are, and I really couldn't care less," She stated before addressing her brother yet again, "See, I'm simply offering my help. I'm a Shadowhunter just like you."

"Then why I've never heard of you, and how do you know my name?" Jace threw the questions at the brunette, who didn't seem the least bit bothered by his questions, "You did. You just don't know it yet."

He nodded, looking away from her before staring at her again, "Thank you, but no, thank you. We have it under control."

"Suit yourself," Sarah stated before watching them get into the hotel from the door on the roof.

She wasn't about to listen to Jace cause she knew he would need her help. Needless to say, she did what she does best, hiding in the shadows waiting for the perfect moment to make her entrance yet again.

She rolled her eyes when she saw Clary struggling with a vampire and Jace fighting a swarm of them alone; her sole focus was on her brother, of course, so reaching into her quiver, she pulled an arrow frying a vampire before shooting the other with precision giving Jace enough time to kill the rest.

"Told you, you'd need my help," Sarah remarked as she stared ahead at the vampire who was holding a helpless Clary, "Fine," She muttered as she aimed at the wall near them, but before she could shoot, an arrow was embedded in the wall making a hole in it. Thus the sunlight hit the vampire frying him instantly.

She turned to the person who fired the shot, knowing it was Alec who stared at her; he lowered his bow, not taking his eyes off the brunette who narrowed her eyes.

She stayed behind the Shadowhunters, who walked into another room where the mundane was being held by the vampires, "Simon!" Clary screeched, running to her friend when Jace held her back, "Clary! That's not gonna do any good."

She looked at him, realizing how helpless she is, so she stood back watching Simon, "Listen to him, Clary Fairchild. Put it away. I've had more than enough of your friend for one day. I'd love to cut his throat. Don't give me a reason. Put it away!" The vampire barked at them.

But Sarah wasn't about to oblige as she held her ground, steadying her bow, "Do you know how fast this arrow can banish you to nothingness?" She threatened through her teeth, eyes not leaving the vampire watching his every move.

He tilted his head, shrugging as he held the knife in his hand close to the mundane's neck, "Not as fast as I can slit his throat."

"Do you wanna bet on it?" She wondered with a little smirk; Jace shook his head in agitation, getting in front of the brunette, "Hey! Just put the weapon down," He demanded, lowering his voice staring at her.

She frowned, looking from Jace to the vampire, "He's going to kill the mundane anyway," She stated, turning to look at the vampire who shook his head, "I have no intention of hurting him, so don't give me a reason to."

"Put it down," Jace ordered as She clenched her jaw, staring at the vampire before putting her bow down in resignation; the vampire smirked at her before turning to the other Shadowhunters, "Now... if you would all, just follow me. Let's go."

He walked up some stairs in a hallway, still holding the knife to Simon's throat as they all followed him, "Look, we're not gonna hurt you. We just want Simon." Clary yelled in desperation as she looked at her friend helplessly.

"I'm glad you do. We don't! We wanted you." He answered her as he still held Simon threatening him with the dagger; Sarah rolled her eyes at the stupidity of the whole situation.

They were all now in front of Raphael in front of the door that leads to the roof, so without hesitation, she opened the door, and the sunlight shined in the hallway, making the vampire hide behind some pipes to protect himself.

She was the first one to walk out on the roof with Alec right behind her; as Raphael finally released the mundane, Jace approached her with his blade in his hand, putting it under her chin, "Who the hell are you and why are you helping us?"

She didn't flinch at the cold blade under her chin as she stared at her brother, "I'm not helping any of them. I'm helping you," She stated.

"Why?" Jace inquired with a stern gaze having no trust in the brunette who narrowed her eyes at him, "You really have no idea who I am?"

He shook his head, not taking his eyes off of her, "I don't, and if you value your life, you'll tell me, or you'll have the Clave to deal with."

She paused for a few seconds. How can she blame him for not knowing who she is? After all, it was 9 years ago since she last saw him, "Familia Ante Omnia," She muttered, hoping that Jace would get the phrase they passed around when they were young.

"Family above all," He said in realization, his grip loosening slightly on the blade, "My name is Sarah, Sarah Wayland," She announced, staring at her brother.

Jace shook his head, staring at her face trying to make sense of what she was telling him, "That's impossible. Sarah died at the fire."

"Did I?" Sarah retorted before grabbing the necklace that hung around her neck under her cloth; she got it out, showing to the suspicious Shadowhunter, "Does this necklace ring any bells?"

It was a snowflake necklace that Jace once gave to the brunette when they were younger, the necklace he found abandoned somewhere in their house, the one he gifted her on their birthday.

"Sarah," He acknowledged her dropping the blade taking his sister's in his arms; the brunette seemed to relax before Jace pulled away, "How are you still alive?" He wondered.

"That's a long story. I'll tell you another time. We have an audience," She said as she turned to Alec and Isabelle, who watched the whole scene unfold in front of them silently, to Clary and Simon, who looked lost at the whole reunion.

He nodded as she turned back to him, "Right, you have to come with us to the institute."

She shook her head, "Jace, I can't. Not now, at least."

"Why not?" He wondered, watching his long lost sister, who seemed reluctant on telling him why not

"There's a lot you don't know about me, but know this, brother. When you need me, I'll be there," She said before running to the ledge of the building, jumping off of it disappearing into the day.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

312K 7.6K 56
Skylar Morgenstern is the daughter of Valentine Morgenstern and Jocelyn Fairchild. She has lived in The New York Institute keeping her separated from...
302K 7.5K 74
Persephone: Greek Goddess of persuasion and seduction Shadowhunters Season 1-? Jace Wayland x OC Started: April 15th 2022 Finished: ... No smut!! ...
37.5K 704 28
7 year old Y/n Cartwright didn't know why her parents had thick dark tattoos or why they lived in the middle of nowhere and she didn't question it...
6.9K 346 35
Beth Carlisle has stared death in the face on more than one occasion. As a Shadowhunter, it is part of the job description. Fighting demons and prot...