Haunted by the Past

By rosesareforever

He's the kind of man she despises. Cocky, arrogant and full of himself. She's the kind of woman he stays away... More

Chapter 2: Chased by Mistakes
Chapter 3: Concatenation of Bad Luck
Chapter 4: Damsel in Distress
Chapter 5: Prejudices Confirmed
Chaper 6: Passion Unleashed
Chapter 7: Stalker
Chapter 8: Poisonous Wine
Chapter 9: Distance
Chapter 10: Tragedy Strikes
Chapter 11: Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 12: Living in the Past
Chapter 13: Night Terrors
Chapter 14: The Past Resurfaces
Chapter 15: Stubborn Fools
Chapter 16: Fire Ignites
Chapter 17: Enigma
Chapter 18: Secrets Unveiled
Chapter 19: Frigging Stairs
Epilogue

Chapter 1: Moment of Weakness

7.7K 197 22
By rosesareforever

Copyright 2015 © Rosesareforever

This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.

*

Author's note: the long awaited third book in the Henderson Empire Series. As all the books in the series, Haunted by the Past can be read as a standalone novel but I recommend to read the complete series. Let Stephanie and David's journey begin.

*

Haunted by the Past

Chapter 1

'Moment of Weakness'

Sipping from her glass of Champagne, Stephanie closed her eyes in satisfaction and reveled in the heavenly taste of the expensive liquid that smoothly slid down her throat. It was one of her favorites. Her best friend, Jade, had chosen well. Letting her gaze drift along the numerous guests gathered in the ballroom, a scowl took hold of her features when she noticed David Thompson walking in her direction, his steps long and deliberate. The man oozed confidence and manliness as he easily maneuvered through the thick crowd. Groups of people unconsciously parted as they saw him advance, his presence notable. Awareness of his vicinity made Stephanie's body stand at alert.

Quickly scanning the room for a quick escape, Stephanie noticed the bride and groom had scampered off. Damn it. That left her to deal with the cocky bastard on her own. It would've been much easier had Jade been there to send David one of her scary looks or deadly glares. The woman truly was a pro at getting the man to back off. It had probably something to do with the fact that he'd done Jade wrong and still felt secretly guilty about it.

Jade and Sedric had spent six year apart after a stupid mistake and one hell of a lot misunderstandings. It took a wedding gone wrong and unexpected pregnancy to make them finally realize they were destined to be together.

"Firecracker," David nodded in greeting as he halted in front of her, close enough that she could smell the faint whiff of body wash mixed with a woodsy male scent. A shiver ran down Stephanie's spine. Why did the man need to smell so damn sexy? Her olfactory senses were sighing in delight. Damn him. She hated how easily and thoroughly he affected her. It should be illegal to be so damn irresistible.

"Dîckhead," she returned with a feigned sweet smile, fluttering her eyelashes for extra effect. No matter how many times she'd told him to quit calling her firecracker, he never listened. The stubborn man enjoyed how she always showed him attitude. That knowledge should be enough to ease Stephanie's temper and make her hold her tongue, but she just couldn't help herself. David Thompson infuriated her like no other had ever done before him. Something about him always seemed to trigger her inner bîtch and made her lash out without meaning to.

"You're looking lovely as always," he smirked charmingly, letting his gaze slide over her body in appreciation, lust shining in his eyes as he took in every curve. Stephanie resisted the urge to cover her chest. Men might be allured by her petite body, average sized bööbs and saucy attitude, but she'd be damned if she ever let them talk their way into her panties. Stephanie was the predator, not prey. If she wanted someone, she would have them, not the other way around. Cocky bastards were so not her type.

"My eyes are up here, asshole," she snapped, waving her hand in front of his eyes. Stephanie was all too aware of how the olive fabric of her dress hugged her breasts tightly, showing a decent amount of cleavage. It was one of her assets she liked to exploit. Men were too easy sometimes. Show a little skin, throw them an alluring smile and they were putty in her hands. But she wasn't here to flirt with David. No, her dress was meant for whoever she chose tonight as her lucky candidate.

See, Stephanie enjoyed a good shag once in a while and it was exactly what she was searching for tonight. It had been far too long since the last time someone had rocked her world and made her fall into oblivion. Her best friend's wedding reception was the ideal place to look for her next victim. She barely knew anyone there, which meant she would never have to see them again after today. Perfect.

Stephanie lived by one rule and one rule only. She never slept with the same man twice. It was easy, never get close enough to get hurt and you won't have to feel any pain. She used men, not the other way around. Did she feel guilty? No. It wasn't like men were any better. They constantly betrayed women or abandoned them after one night of sex. Why couldn't she do the same?

People had often called her a slut, but the insult didn't bother Stephanie. In her opinion, a slut was a girl who opened her legs for just anybody. She would never do that. Please. A girl has to have standards. Some assholes just weren't worth it. Stephanie was picky, often too picky. She could no longer count how many times she'd had to go home on her own because she just couldn't find what she wanted.

"Already found what you are looking for?" David asked with a raised eyebrow, knowing damn well what she was doing tonight. The man easily saw through her plans. Great minds think alike, don't they? He was just as much of a 'use and abuse' as she was. The man had undoubtedly slept with more women than she had slept with men. David was a real player.

"Not that it's any of your business, but no. Jade and Sedric seem to have invited a bunch of losers to their wedding reception." Usually, men in suits were an instant turn on, but some idiots clearly didn't understand the necessity of a nicely fitting suit, preferably hand tailored. It was too easy to pick out the ones that had rented a cheap suit for one night. Ugh. Fools. David was probably the most handsome looking man in the room. A pity, really.

"There's always room in my bed for you," David invited with a smirk. "You know, as maid of honor and best man, it would only be natural if we hook up. It's what everyone expects."

Stephanie rolled her eyes. "Are you always this stupid or is today a special occasion?"

The insult didn't have its desired effect. David clearly didn't take offense. "You're hurting my feelings, love. I think I just felt my heart tear in two." To make matters worse, the man actually managed to pout. He could be so annoying.

"It's not possible to break something you've never had in the first place." The cat's claws were coming out.

"Are you saying I don't have a heart?"

"Don't worry. I'm sure you're not the only person who's a little mismatched."

David threw his head back and laughed, the rich sound going straight to Stephanie's clit. Damn. She could actually feel the little button tingle. Bastard.

"Oh firecracker, how you amuse me. It only makes me wonder more how wild you are between the sheets. I'd love to hear you beg."

Stephanie raised an eyebrow. "Beg? You actually believe I would ever beg for anything?"

"Believe me, sweetheart, I'd be able to make you beg."

"You're even more stupid than I thought if you truly believe that." No one had ever made her beg or even ask for anything. People followed her orders and demands, not the other way around. Stephanie was the one in charge, always.

"It would be so much fun to make you go crazy with lust. I can almost taste the sweet victory. I bet your pussy is weeping with want right this second." David actually had the guts to take a step closer and let his fingers trail up and down her arm.

Gritting her teeth to ignore the heat she felt wherever he touched her, Stephanie reached out and gripped his crotch, her nails digging into the quite promising package. Fuck. She so did not need to know he was well-endowed. "If you value your testicles I would suggest you let go of my arm and take a step back," she hissed, her eyes darkening. She hated how he was right.

Holding his hands up in surrender, David slowly stepped back and smiled wickedly. "Damn, baby, you don't know what you do to me," he practically groaned, his eyes focused on his precious family jewels.

Stephanie made the mistake to follow his gaze and swallowed thickly when she noticed the impressive bulge that had arisen. Her inner muscles constricted almost painfully. Lust was shining in David's eyes, their unusual shade of hazel turning darker. She knew what he wanted and damn her for wanting the same. It was a road she should not go down. David was someone she saw practically every week. It would be impossible to avoid him if they hooked up.

"It's not going to happen," she said, for both their sakes. She needed to hear the words just as much as he did, before she made the mistake of leaning closer and pressing her body flush against his. David was pure male testosterone. Her body couldn't help but react to him.

"You don't really believe that, firecracker. We both know it's bound to happen. Just wait and see." Throwing her a confident wink, David turned around and disappeared back into the crowd, leaving Stephanie dripping with need. Jerk.

***

Disappointment was making her cranky as Stephanie scanned the room for the umpteenth time that night. It was close to midnight and she still hadn't found a man that reached her standards to spend the night with. They all lacked something. Too old, wrong outfit, stinky breath, bad manners, annoying tongue, unattractive body, beer belly, too short, boring,... The list went on and on. Fate must be a real bitch. It clearly wasn't meant to be.

Maybe she should just give up, end her forlorn quest and spend the night with her battery operated boyfriend. Vibrators were invented for a reason. The pleasure wouldn't be as intense or mind-blowing as it was with a real man, but at least she would get some relief. Anything was better than going to bed unsatisfied.

Stephanie had just exited the ballroom, when a strong arm wrapped around her middle and she was pulled backward, colliding flush against the body of one rock hard male. She would've been alarmed had she not immediately recognize the alluring scent of the body pressed against her. "What the fuck?!" she cried out, angrily turning in David's arms and punching his chest. He'd scared the shit out of her.

Still holding her close, David just smirked and spanked her ass, the sound echoing through the hall. "Lovely to see you again, firecracker." The man had no shame.

Eyes turning to slits, Stephanie deliberately set the heel of her spiked pair of Jimmy Shoes on top of his toes, pushing her foot down with force. A satisfied smiled crossed her lips when David's eyes widened. It would teach him. How dare he slap her behind? It was rude and inappropriate, and something Stephanie didn't tolerate any man doing.

Biting his bottom lip to keep from crying out in pain, David grabbed one of her ass cheeks in his hand and squeezed hard. A warning. "That wasn't very nice, sweetheart." The words were spoken in a light tone, but the stern look in his eyes didn't lie. She'd angered him. The man was just too patient and in control to show it.

"It wasn't meant to be," she spat, trying with all her might to pull away from him. His grip was solid. He didn't budge an inch, no matter how hard she fought him. The impressive muscles he hid underneath his charcoal suit were clearly one hundred percent trained for and not just injected brawn like so many other males. David was a force to be reckoned with, all power and strength. It only made it harder to resist him. He was exactly the type of man she'd been looking for tonight. His body promised a good, long fuck that would leave her weak in the knees. She didn't doubt that his stamina could match hers.

When Stephanie finally stopped struggling, defeated and all too aware that she was completely at his mercy, David leaned in and brushed his lips against her collarbone. The mild touch made her skin prickle. "Why fight when this is what we both want?" he whispered, his nose gliding along her throat. His breath was warm against her neck, the steady puffs of air caressing her tender skin.

It was a question she would've easily been able to answer earlier, but not when he was merely inches away from her, his presence all-consuming. All reasonable thoughts seemed to have evaporated from her mind when he was in close proximity. The only images that crossed her lust filled brain were those of a naked David, his engorged côck rooted deep inside of her as she rode him with abandon.

David didn't give her the time to come to her senses, to let enough blood flow to her brain and start working properly again. No, the man simply picked her up, pushed her flat against the closest wall and nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck. It left Stephanie with only one choice, which was to wrap her long legs around his lean hips and press her core directly against his protruding manhood. Holy shit. That felt good.

Closing her eyes, Stephanie fisted her fingers into his ash blond locks and moaned throatily. Her entire body was primed, ready to take his côck and savor the feel of him. She couldn't remember the last time she'd felt this feverish. Every fiber of her being stood on alert.

"God, baby," David groaned, an animalistic sound leaving his lips. "You need this as much as I do, don't you?" He didn't wait for a reply, just thrust his hips forward and sucked on her pulse. She didn't doubt he would leave a mark. For once, Stephanie was too far gone to even care. No man had ever claimed her before, she never gave them the permission.

"Your room or mine?" His question barely penetrated her hazy mind. All she could focus on was the heavenly way his body was pressed against hers. He made her forget about everything.

"The closest. Mine's 204," she mumbled, releasing a gasp when David boldly cupped her between the legs and rubbed his thumb against her throbbing button. Yes-s. The pleasure was instant and vigorous.

"My room is closer," David stated as he loosened his grip and set her back down on her feet, leaving her with an empty and unsatisfied feeling. Before she could utter any form of protest, he was pulling her towards a flight of stairs. She could barely follow his rapid movements on her four inch heels.

For the first time that day, Stephanie was happy about the fact that her friends had chosen to marry on the island where they had met. It meant no grand hotels with dozens of elevators and way too many floors to count. Instead they were staying in a large mansion in the middle of an island that counted solely four floors and a mere 40 bedrooms.

Stephanie just reached the final step, when David suddenly hauled her back into his arms and started to walk at a brisk pace towards the end of the hallway, her feet dangling from his arm. Seconds later, they entered a dimly lit room, she was thrown on a bed with a loud thump and lost her hairclips as David ripped them from her raven hair.

The man seemed to have lost all the patience he'd so evidently shown earlier. With his caveman act, she was surprised he didn't tear her dress from her body. It would've been worth it, though, in the morning she'd probably regret ruining the expensive fabric. Still dizzy from being thrown down, Stephanie was too preoccupied to resist as David captured her lips with his and plunged his tongue into her mouth. His mouth was relentless against hers, the dominance and sheer perseverance he emitted impossible to ignore. She battled him, gave everything she had, but eventually had to submit. There was a first time for everything.

Her body turned into liquid heat as he viciously assaulted her lips, bruising the mellow skin. Digging her pointy nails into his back, Stephanie lifted her hips from the mattress and lunged forward, seeking the friction she needed to get off. David put one hand between her breasts and easily pushed her back down, lifting his body until they were no longer touching. His flaring eyes were focused on her, sending her a warning. He was in control and he would not tolerate disobedience. Fuck him.

Not one to turn down a challenge, Stephanie tilted her head just enough to touch his mouth and bit down on his bottom lip - hard - tasting the metallic tang of blood. A grin spread across her features. Game on. If he thought she was going to be an easy target, he was surely mistaken.

David swept the back of his hand along his lips to wipe away the few drops of blood that had escaped and growled. "You minx," he accused, his eyes flashing with both anger and blatant desire. He clearly hadn't been expecting her move or he would've been able to dodge it.

"Bastard," she hissed back as he wrapped his hand around her throat and drove his tongue back inside her wet cavern, punishing her with a brutal kiss. She wriggled underneath him, trying to free herself from his hold as he kept his mouth fastened to hers. His kiss went on forever. Stephanie got totally lost in it, so far that she didn't even notice he'd unzipped her dress until he had pulled it down to her waist.

Cold air touched her bare nîpples, turning them to small pebbles. What could she say? The dress had called for no underwear. She didn't want a bra peeking out or pantie lines to mess with the view of her impeccable body.

"Fuck," David cursed as he cupped one of her breasts, rolling the nîpple between his thumb and forefinger. It was a perfect handful for his large hands.

The tease that he was, David kneaded her breasts for what seemed like forever before finally latching his lips around one pebble and sucking the fulvous skin into his mouth. Arching her back, Stephanie moaned loudly and closed her eyes in contentment. She could already feel her peak edging closer and they hadn't even properly started.

"Put it inside, now," she ordered, draping one of her legs across his waist and pulling him closer. David refused to budge. He simply wrapped his fingers around her ankle, unlocked her leg from around his middle and pushed it aside.

"No," he protested, nipping at her throat once before continuing to explore her perky breasts. Stephanie was so wound up, she was close to begging him for some relief, a desperation nagging at her that she'd never felt before. She didn't do begging or waiting for release to be handed to her. She took what she wanted when she wanted it. Yet, it seemed that David had turned the tables on her. Asshole.

"David," she warned, though it sounded more like a plea. She hated how weak she sounded, how utterly desperate.

"Are you going to be a good girl?" the bastard asked, a gleeful smile curling his lips. She wanted to wipe the grin from his face, but was too damn needy to do anything but sigh.

"My côck, my fingers or my tongue. What do you want, firecracker?" David questioned as he sat up and slide her dress down her body, his eyes hungrily watching every inch of skin that he revealed. An appreciative smirk crossed his face as he uncovered her naked womanhood. "No panties, of course, I shouldn't be surprised," he mumbled to himself.

"Your côck," she told him swiftly, not wanting to prolong their foreplay. For a moment, Stephanie feared that he was going to do exactly the opposite of what she'd asked, but apparently he was in a generous mood. Before she could say another word, David unbuttoned his pants and shoved them down to his ankles. It seemed she wasn't the only one going commando tonight.

Grinning down at her, he picked up a condom from the bedside table, tore the plastic foil with his teeth and tossed the empty wrapping to the floor. Stephanie watched, enamored, as he effortlessly rolled the condom on his impressive côck. He was even bigger than she'd anticipated, which was a welcome surprise. She couldn't wait to feel every delicious inch of him rooted deep inside of her body.

"Spread your legs as far as they can go and hold on to the bedpost. Do not let go. If you loosen only a single finger I'm pulling out and you'll have to finish yourself off," David demanded, towering over her as he kneeled on the bed.

Stephanie bit her lip, pondering what to do. She hated following orders, but couldn't help but feel extremely enticed by his utter dominance. No man had ever handled her so stringently before, yet she'd never been wetter in her life. He was stripping her control and she loved every moment of it. The surprise she felt was startling. She didn't think she'd ever enjoy being bossed around.

"What is it going to be, firecracker? Do you want my côck or do you want to stop and go back to your own room?" She didn't doubt he'd truly kick her out if she didn't follow his demands. He was a man of his word. Her throbbing clît eventually made the decision for her. Without another thought she spread her legs apart and gripped the headboard. She'd barely wrapped her fingers around the metal bars when David lunged forward, impaling her on his côck in one swift movement.

A surprised gasp erupted from her lips as sweat broke free across her skin. She didn't have the time to get used to the feel of him before he retreated. In. Out. In. Out. David was relentless as he thrust inside of her, his pace steady and fast. He had her panting in no time, her inner muscles clenching and unclenching around his length. She desperately wanted to rub her clît, but knew if she tried he would pull out and leave her hanging. His warning had been clear.

Lifting one of her legs in the air, he changed the angle, hitting deeper this time. Stephanie swore she almost came. She had to fight with all the power she had left to delay her orgasm and prolong the pleasure. Biting her lip to keep from calling out his name, she gripped the metal bar tighter, her fingers turning white from the sheer force.

In. Out. In. Out. David seemed to quicken his pace if that was even possible, the loud slaps of flesh meeting flesh echoing through the room. When he forcefully pulled her hips down to meet his, Stephanie almost lost her grip. He was slowly wrecking her body in the best way possible.

"David," she murmured, needing to come soon before her body turned limp. Her muscles were screaming at her. She was certain she would feel the aftermath of this fuckathon for days.

Granting her wish, David loosened his hold on her hips, pulled one hand free and pressed his thumb directly against her clît. It was all the coaxing she needed. Moments later Stephanie's body started to thrash as she cried out at top of her lungs, her release hitting her hard. She could actually feel herself falling, deeper and deeper. White light erupted in front of her eyes as wave after wave washed over her. By the time her body finally stopped shaking, she didn't think she could move a leg.

Panting loudly, she finally let go of the headboard and wrapped her arms tightly around David's shoulders as he came, his côck still buried deep inside of her. A loud groan left his lips as he burrowed his face in the crook of her neck to refrain from having more sounds escaping his throat.

When he regained power of his body, David rolled off of her and got rid of the condom. Looking at her naked body, her skin flushed, he grinned that wicked grin of his. "Damn, firecracker," he said, his voice deep and slightly hoarse. His green eyes had turned into liquid heat.

Stephanie sat up, turned her head to the side and reached for the pile of fabric that was her dress. A hand shot out and stopped her. "What are you doing?"

She turned her gaze to David and cocked an eyebrow. "Getting ready to leave?"

"We only just started."

"Maybe it's better if I go." Now the urgency and need to find release had been subdued, Stephanie could finally think straight again. The realization of what she had done was still sinking in, but already she could see this had been a capital mistake on her part.

"We've crossed the line, there's no going back now. Why not finish what we started? We have the whole night left to devour each other. I still want a taste of your püssy." Well, if he put it like that...who was she to deny him? After his little performance earlier, she didn't doubt he would live up to his promises. She still had time for regrets later.

That time arrived at about four o'clock in the morning when she woke up to a full bladder and a noticeable ache between her legs. Peering through the darkened room, Stephanie's gaze halted on David's sleeping posture, one of his legs kicked over the sheets as he hugged a pillow close to his chest, his athletically build thighs bare. The sudden urge to slap his firm behind finally pulled her back to the present. Shaking her head, she criticized her foolish behavior and quickly sat up in the bed. What on earth had she done?

There was a damn good reason why she'd never given in to their attraction. David Thompson was one fine man, but he was also a danger to her heart. He was everything she tried to stay away from. The man had trouble written all over him. He played women far too easily and was used to getting everything his way. The asshole probably had never heard the word 'no'. It wouldn't surprise her if she'd simply been one of his conquests because she presented a challenge. He'd been trying his hardest to get in her panties for months.

Mentally kicking herself for being an idiot, Stephanie swiftly snatched her wrinkled dress from the floor and pulled it over her head. The room smelled like sex, a scent she would normally revel in but now only reminded her of the mistake she had made. David, out of all people, really? She must have been pretty darn desperate. Stupid hormones. She totally blamed it on the two month dry spell. Usually, she had sex at least once a month.

Shuffling through the dark, Stephanie had to bite her bottom lip hard when her foot suddenly collided with a sharp pointy object. She could taste the faint hint of metal on her tongue as she kneeled down and rubbed the throbbing sole of her left foot. Fumbling around, she detected the malefactor...it was the heel of her own damn shoes. Jeez. What a day. She seemed to have all the luck in the world. Note the sarcasm.

Casting a quick look to the bed, Stephanie noted David was still fast asleep. Relieved, she silently slipped from the room, closing the door with caution. Much to her relief the hallway was completely empty. It would've been mortifying if someone saw her do the walk of shame. It was one of the few things of one-night-stands she utterly hated. It always felt like she was doing something horribly wrong when she left someone's bed in the darkness of the night.

It was the easiest solution though. The awkwardness in the morning after a sleepover would be too embarrassing. The sooner she got away the better. Not that she had any experience with morning-after's. Stephanie had never slept beside a man, not once in 27 years. She just didn't trust them. It would take a lot of faith to push herself to let down her guard and relax enough to fall asleep. It was something she couldn't do.

To be fair, she was already beyond surprised that she'd been able to doze off after four heavenly rounds of exhausting sex. The six ôrgasms she'd experienced probably had been an important factor. It was a first. With all her other men, after the final round she had left and headed straight home. She didn't give her body the chance to get comfortable until she crawled between her own sheets. Yet another reason why her rendezvous with David had been a mistake. He'd been able to deter one of her habits.

When she finally entered her own room, Stephanie released a deep sigh, set her body free from the confinements of her dress and went straight to the bathroom to wash away the evidence of her reckless night.

***

Leisurely waking up with a content smile across his features, David reached out his arm, expecting to find a warm curvaceous body in the bed. When his hand touched nothing but a bunch of cold sheets, his eyes shot wide open and he scanned the room. Surprise washed over him when his gaze was met with an empty space, Stephanie's clothes gone. The only lingering evidence that the images crossing his mind weren't just a rather vivid wet dream, was the faint smell of her perfume mixed with the scent of sex.

The peaceful smile he'd been wearing quickly disappeared and turned into a scowl. The minx had left. It was an understatement to say he was disappointed. Secretly, he'd been hoping for a repeat of last night. He didn't doubt that there would've been regret shining in her dark chocolate orbs when she woke up next to him, but he would've fücked it out of her system. He'd enjoyed their night too much to kick her out of bed without another go like he'd done many times before to other women.

Still scowling, David stepped out of bed, the sheet that had been covering his morning wood dropping to the floor in the process. He looked down at his côck and frowned. His little friend clearly had been hoping for a repeat as well. Damn Stephanie. He should've suspected she'd pull a stunt like this. It was typical her. The woman enjoyed pestering him too much for her own good. Bîtch. She was probably laughing at him for actually expecting to wake up next to her.

For the first time in his life, David realized how bad it actually felt to be sneaked out on. Usually he was the one who did the disappearing act in the middle of the night. He didn't think a woman had ever left his bed before he'd thrown her out before. The feeling plainly sucked. It would teach him for being such an asshole. Karma was a real bitch.

Stephanie had just given him a taste of his own medicine and he didn't like it one bit. In fact, he would love nothing more than to give her a good spànking for her lousy demeanor. Fuck. She'd been such a témptress last night. Not even in his wildest dreams could he have imagined how good it would feel to be inside of her. Yes, he could admit that in the beginning it had all just been about adding another notch to his bedpost. He had no trouble confirming he was a douche most of the time. The past had taught him that he wasn't made to be a one-woman-man. Stephanie had been a challenge, which allured him even more. Most women were too easy these days. However, his intention had changed as the night dragged on. He'd actually started to like her as a person. She gave as good as she got. It was refreshing. Usually women were too intimidated to deny him anything. Not Stephanie, oh no, even after fucking her brains out she still threw him attitude.

He absolutely loved her feistiness. It kept him on his toes. He never knew what to expect. It had only made his victory that much sweeter in the end when he finally had her where he wanted her, wiggling underneath him. David had this strange feeling that he would never tire of her. That would be a first. Most of his flings ended after a little over a week, around the time women started to get clingy and their whining outdid the pleasure they could bring him.

One thing was for sure, Stephanie had far from seen the last of him. She might want to paint last night off as a simple mistake, but he was going to make sure it was a mistake that would be repeated - often. David never gave up until he'd had his fill.

An extra long chapter to start with. Please let me know what you think of the beginning of the book. Vote and comment!

Ps. As usual, I had to censor words to post this chapter publicly. I hope they didn't bother you too much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 225 17
Nova's P.O.V Nova baby i am going to find you and bring you back home to our kids and me were the last words i heard from my husband before the line...
5.8M 13.8K 27
A night of drinking. A one night stand. An agreement. All things which two sworn enemies should never do together, and yet neither can get enough. **...
853K 28K 41
A high school reunion leads Harley Snart to somehow-even she doesn't know-how-end up having a one nightstand with her enemy. Something she never thou...
29.6K 1.7K 62
~A rose by any other name would smell as sweet~ Nia Jones is a college student, who just found out three things in one day. First, Monsters are real...