shadow of a doubt | d.m

By callmeav21

i don't want to live, not without her. - post battle of Hogwarts More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
NEW BOOK

23

6.3K 259 759
By callmeav21

Devyn and Theo jointed alone in the forest, in search for Harry and Ginny.

Devyn spoke first,"It's fucking freezing-

"You're wearing a coat." Theo spoke while crunching on leaves with his shoes.

"And what about it?"

"You shouldn't be cold-" Theo spoke with back talk.

"You're a real smartass yknow that?" Devyn snapped back. She was cold.

"Do you want my jacket?" Theo spoke in a small whisper.

Devyn's face looked to him. His gaze was still looking straight and narrow, forward.

"What?" Devyn laughed at his remark. Her giggle was more nervous than comedy though. The only coping mechanism she knew was laughter.

"Do you want my coat?" Theo repeated.

Devyn heard him right the first time.

"Uuh yeah sure" She hesitated. Devyn felt guilt if she said no.

Theo punched her shoulder, he was getting closer to her.

"Nah I was kidding" He spoke again, this time breaking into a small chuckle.

She scoffed. Well this is embarrassing for her.

"You're a dick" She smacked his arm back.

"I'm playinggg" He added, "Here" Theo removed his black jacket and draped the clothing over her shoulders.

Right away the fragrance hit her. The strong smell, a light wisp of peppermint and aged teakwood, invaded her senses.

"Is this yours?" She spoke while wrapping the extra layer around her fragile body.

"No."

"Then who's?" Devyn pried at Theo.

"Stole it from Malfoy- His jackets are nicer than mine." He smiled at himself, straightening his shirt back out.

Devyn was currently getting warmth from Draco Malfoy's dark expensive jacket. One she thought was Theo's but clearly, she was proved wrong and she knew it the second she smelled it.

Theo looked to her silence.

"Oh don't get your panties twisted- It's just a jacket." He punched her shoulder lightly. Again.

"Yeah but it's Malfoys." She punched back even harder.

"And what about it?" He mocked her previous statement, even in her tone of voice.

"You're still a dick"

"And you're still wearing a coat that's keeping you warm - so shut up darlin."

Devyn laughed, "Or what Nott" she was playing his little game, only because she was bored, not because she thought the repercussions would be detrimental.

"You don't wanna know Frost" He spoke with a raspy tone, still walking with her.

Something lit inside Devyn, something that she couldn't possibly explain. Maybe it was being so damn touch deprived or just pure lust.

"Maybe I do.." She almost audibly stated. Her head doing little head tilts, as she said it in a sing song voice.

"What was that?" Theo stopped her shoulders with his hands and forced her to face him.

"You heard me.."

"That's what I thought-"

And Just with those words he grabbed her by the collar of her coat. Touched his lips with hers, gently. And although she hated comparisons, it was nothing like the kisses she had previously, Theo's kiss was kind, gracious.

His lips were soft with movement. He even ran his fingers through her hair, and with disappointment, he didn't pull it, or even yank it. He simply wrapped his fingers through her locks. There was no rough satisfaction.

With sloppy movement, he pushed her back to the tree, her body now frugally slammed against the bark.

"Frost" He muttered out, his lips slowly tracing hers. Just with the word of her last name, Theo snapped out of it.

His hands pushed his body off, oh so gently.

He touched his lips with his fingers, traced them even.

"I'm so dead-fucking hell-" He whispered.

Devyn looked to his hands pulling through his dark soft hair. He was overly frustrated.

"What do you mean.." She answered his remark.

He walked closer to her. Straightened out her coat collar to where he grabbed it just a few minutes ago.

"Don't speak on this." He whispered to her, his breath fogging through the air.

"What-" She was confused.

"Don't." He said with his finger on her mouth, making his pointer finger touch her lips to silence her.

"Okay.." She slapped his finger away.

"Just-" He stuttered," Let's find Potter and his girlfriend" he snapped.

"K." She said.

Devyn took the harsh matter into her own hands, walking away with confidence but nothing to hide the fact that she was pissed off.

She brushed past him, bumping his shoulder on the way. Her bold strides weren't hesitating to stomp through the dead leaves of fall.

"Frost-"

"What" She spoke bluntly.

"I'm sorry-" He stammered.

"Okay-".."For what though" She was still pacing away from him. Even in the dark, she was still rolling her eyes out of infatuation.

"For kissing you."

"Kissing's a two way thing Nott- Don't worry I won't tell anyone since you clearly seem like embarrassed of it." She testified back.

"I-I'm not embarrassed Jesus Christ- It's just I shouldn't have done that"

"It was a dumb mistake, it's fine, really is, I don't know why your so worried." There is no good answer for why she was reassuring him.

"You're a good kisser don't worry" He was panicking"It's not that, It's just if he finds out- " Theo covered his mouth and began to walk ahead of her.

"If who finds out" Devyn's eyebrows raised.

"Nobody."

"Oh bloody hell-

"Let's find them!!" He yelled as he began to pick his feet up and run.

"Theodore Nott you get your arse back here and tell me-

"Nothing!" He spoke back, still slightly ahead of her.

She yelled at him as she attempted to catch up, but his legs were surely longer than hers.

"THEO-"

Silence.

"Theo.." she spoke again, this time with more question.

No answer.

"Nott-" She was cut off.

A cold hand covered her mouth harshly. The other hand yanked her figure behind a tree.

Devyn's muffled screams were clearly not working, since the hand remained dominant over her mouth. She even tried to kick whatever was holding her back.

"Shut the fuck up-" Theo whispered in her ear. His voice was low and worried. Manifesting like he was terrified of being found.

Slowly, he released his hand off her mouth, trusting that she wouldn't make a noise that was obvious. She shut her eyes tightly, and the opened once more, making sure everything was real.

Theo poked her shoulder harshly and pointed to the open forest are she once stood in.

Devyn and Theo both observed four tall, muscular men. Their faces had bold scars written all over them. Wearing nothing but black cloaks and and all dark clothing.

The men were talking in some foreign language neither of them understood, but the mysterious bodies were no doubt, frustrated.

For what felt like forever minutes, one man finally spoke english.

"I saw her. She was right here" The first man pointed to the ground.

"Who." The second man stated impatiently.

"The girl- she was shouting for someone." The first one retailated.

"Well she's not here" The third man argued back with his wand in one hand.

"She must've ran, she has to still be here-"

"Find her." The fourth man stomped. His resonance was violated with wrath.

With the end of the conversation, the four odd but suspicious men dispersed. Looking for the girl. The girl who couldn't be anyone but Devyn.

Theo and Devyn waited patiently for estimated 5 minutes until they knew the men were gone, looking and trying to find Devyn.

"We need to leave." Theo spoke quietly, grabbing Dev's arm to get her away.

"What about Harry and Gin" Clearly Devyn's priorities were jumbled.

"Don't be fucking stupid - unless you wanna be caught by them-" He pointed to the area," Then I suggest we go."

Devyn nodded reluctantly, but came to conclusion that yes, leaving was the best decision.

"We should disapparate" Theo suggested with strict tone.

"Okay." Devyn said back.

They both marked time looking at each other. Theo stared at her, Devyn stared back at him.

Theo rolled his eyes, "Well I don't have my wand sherlock Holmes, The order took it-" he stated with sarcasm.

Devyn looked shocked, "Shit- right- my bad- wait.. Sherlock Holmes is a muggle thing, you know who he is?"

"There's not much to read when you're in isolation, Frost"

"Aw that's cute-

"Can we go" Theo motioned with his hands, while cutting her off.

"Yes- okay- Uh here, hold my hand." Devyn offered her small hand out, Theo put his cold fingertips to rest on hers.

"The House Of Shields" Devyn stated clearly as direction of the spell. Her wand gripped tightly in her right hand, Theo's hand on her left.

And in a flash of seconds the two were back outside The House of Shields. The lights were out, which felt normal due to the time of night it was.

But the smoke of the fire from the chimney was waved in a idiosyncratic pattern. A swirled shape, going in black and grey spirals.

Both regaining balance, Devyn and Theo walked to the front of the house. But as Dev reached to grab the handle of the door, Theo put his arm out to hold her body back.

Automatically, Theo had some intelligent intuition.

"Something's not right-" He uttered.

a/n - kinda excited hahah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 60 38
"Elara," He said, gripping the girls small wrist. "Stop avoiding me." "Draco, stop, it's not safe for you to be around me." She argued, attempting to...
6.4K 138 8
In this Draco Malfoy short story, Elaira Williams recounts all of the times that resident Slytherin Draco Malfoy protected her from the dangers of Ho...
102K 2.5K 86
COMPLETE. Hermione convinces Draco to spy for the Order and she becomes his handler. But what are Draco's true motivations? Hard to say when he's sti...
18.5K 589 32
SEQUEL TO THE LITTLEST MALFOY LOST!! The battle had ended and we had begun to rebuild the wizarding world. Everything seemed perfect. What we didn't...