The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 40 Trampoline

225 17 19
By Josalen144

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!! Longer chapter for the haunted holiday! Also FYI, you guys have NO IDEA what I went through to get this chapter out today. I stayed up LITERALLY all night and had to do 2 exams with only 3 hours of sleep!!! You're lucky I love you guys. So you'd better enjoy this chapter!!!

🦇🎃🦇🎃🦇

Scott and Avi came back and saw Todrick looking through different piles of trash.

"What's he looking for?" Scott wondered.

"Did he lose the remote? I'll find it again." Avi told them and closed his eyes.

"No, he didn't lose the remote. He's looking for a bracelet for Mitch." Kevin explained.

"Why?"

"Because I told him to." Mitch smirked.

Scott looked confused and Avi rolled his eyes.

"Of course you did. How long's he gonna be like that?"

"Until he comes to his senses. It shouldn't be too long now."

As Mitch said that, everyone noticed Todrick's actions started to slow until he stopped completely. He looked like he was trying to process what he was doing and why, but failing to come to a conclusion.

"What was I just doing?" Todrick asked when he rejoined the group.

"You were looking for a bracelet, remember?" Kevin reminded him, then he turned to Mitch. "Do they lose their memory when it wears off?"

"Eu não sei." He shrugged. "It's not like I can use it on myself."

"Wait, have you tried?"

"A couple times, but I inevitably just end up checking myself out in the mirror... Oh! Speaking of!" Mitch turned his attention to Todrick. "Ei, Tinkerbell! Instead of a bracelet, go find me a mirror. I wanna make sure my bangs look okay."

"I'm not going to risk cutting myself on a broken piece of glass looking for a mirror." He argued, but one more charm fueled look from Mitch was enough to shut him up and send him off again.

"What should I make him look for when he comes back? I'm open to suggestions."

"How long are you going to do this?" Kevin asked.

"I think one more should be enough before he figures it out... ooh, how about a piano? It'd be fun if he actually found one."

"I doubt anyone is throwing away pianos in bulk. But you might find a few broken keyboards." Kirstie suggested.

"Hmm, that's actually not a bad idea. Thanks, Kirstin."

Todrick's actions slowed down again, but this time he was taking longer to process what was going on. He seemed to have come to a conclusion and was on his way back to confront them, but Mitch sent him out again before he could get a word out.

"Go find a keyboard!" He said quickly, and Todrick turned around on his heel.

Mitch snickered a bit, but stopped when he saw Todrick coming back sooner than expected, keyboard in hand.

"I found one." Todrick smiled, holding it out.

With a small glare, Mitch snatched it from him and sat it next to him on the desk.

"Alright, smartass. Go find a musical keyboard."

"I-"

"Now." He ordered, using his charm again.

As Todrick left, Mitch noticed Kirstie was sitting on the desk too.

"Why are you next to me? Aren't you supposed to be doing something?" He asked her, slightly annoyed.

"No?"

"What happened to the whole... finding something before Kevin gets there... or whatever?"

"Oh! Thanks for reminding me, Mitch." Kevin exclaimed, straightening up. "We can do that when Todrick gets back."

As Kevin said that, Todrick came back to his senses and was quiet for a few seconds before turning around and staring at Mitch. He slowly approached him, as if testing his reaction, until he was in front of everyone.

"This... charm of yours." He started. "It's not hypnotism, but it feels very similar to it."

"Have you been hypnotized before?" Avi asked, and Todrick tilted his head.

"Um... I've never actually been hypnotized, but I've seen it happen before and I've tried to go through the process, but no. I, myself, have never been hypnotized."

"I don't understand why people call it that," Kevin spoke up. "I understand that you're going into a 'hypnotic trance' but all it's doing is making you more open to suggestion."

"It's because the word hypnotism is a lot catchier," Todrick explained, and Kevin chuckled. Then he turned back to Mitch. "Now, did you name your power yourself or did someone else tell you what it was?"

"Uh não. See, one day, a long time ago, I remember I was flipping through a dictionary trying to figure out how the hell you spell 'chameleon' when I saw the word 'charmer' and was like, 'Hey, that sounds like my power!'. So ever since, I've called it my charm. Pretty fitting, don'tcha think?"

"Actually yes, very fitting."

"Well, now that that's settled, we have somewhere to go," Kevin announced, stretching a bit. "Avi? Kirstie? Care to lead the way?"

Kirstie sprinted ahead, past the huge trash, while Avi closed his eyes to double check the location. He opened them and quickly caught up with Kirstie who had stopped and was looking around.

"What are you doing?" He asked, now standing next to her.

"I'm trying to figure out where to go next."

"Well, hurry up. I'm following you."

"That's cheating. Besides, I just know where I have to be. I don't know how to get where I'm going."

"And where is that?"

"Like I'd tell you, cheater. Now hush so I can concentrate."

Avi chuckled but stepped back to give her room to work. Kirstie closed her eyes and tried to see what she saw before, but found it a bit more difficult. She did, however, see something that made her smirk. When she opened her eyes, she glanced back at Avi, still wearing her smirk. Avi took a suspicious step back.

"I don't like that face. You look like Mitch."

"Yeah well, let's just say something's gonna happen in a bit that will prove me right."

"Okay, if you say so." Avi was eyeing her cautiously when he noticed everyone getting closer. "We'd better hurry before they catch up to us."

"Sure. But you'd better go first. Don't want them to think you're cheating, right?"

"But if I go first, then won't they think you're cheating?"

"Good point, guess I'll stay ahead of you!" She teased and ran past him.

"Hey, get back here! I will not be seen as a cheater!" He yelled, chasing after her.

"Too late, you already are!"

They ran until they finally got to the destination and caught their breath as they waited for everyone else.

"I don't know why you were running." Avi huffed. "You probably don't even know what Kevin's gonna hide."

"I do too." Kirstie playfully argued, moving so she was in the shade.

"Oh yeah? What is it?"

"Nice try, I'm not telling you anything."

"Alright then, keep your secrets."

As they chuckled, Avi and Kirstie saw everyone getting closer and waved them over.

"I got here first. Just so everyone knows." Kirstie said, lifting a hand.

"Oh, you liar! Don't listen to her guys, I was here first!" Avi exclaimed when they all got together.

"It wasn't a race. You two just had to get here before me." Kevin told them. "Now, can either of you tell me what and where I was going to hide something?"

"You were going to hide the keyboard Todrick got Mitch under the red, broken wagon." They said in unison.

"Is that right?" Scott asked Kevin, and he chuckled as he took the keyboard from behind his back.

"Yes, actually. Now while I put this away, why don't you two explain to Todrick how you knew that."

"I saw him hiding the keyboard under the wagon in a vision." Kirstie recalled.

"I used my powers and saw the note he left on the clipboard back at his house." Avi said.

"Do you remember what the note said?" Kevin quizzed.

"You wrote, 'I'm going to hide a computer part near, by, or under a bright red object'. You kept it pretty vague but once I saw the wagon, I knew that had to be what you'd pick." He explained.

"Wow, that's..." Todrick trailed off with a chuckle. "I have no words."

"Pretty cool, right?" Kevin smiled.

"I have another vision that's gonna come true." Kirstie piped up.

"What is it?"

"If I say it, it probably won't come true. But I will say, it happens over there." She pointed a bit further into the junkyard and they shrugged.

"Lead the way."

🦇🎃🦇🎃🦇

After walking for a bit, Kirstie finally came across an item from her vision.

"There it is!" She exclaimed, running over to it.

"Oh my gosh, is that... a trampoline?" Mitch asked, feeling excitement rising through his body.

"Yeah, and it's huge too." Kevin marveled. "Scott, can you help get it out?"

"Of course, this looks like fun!" He said, joining Kirstie and removing the giant trampoline with ease.

"Nope. No way." Avi declared, crossing his arms. "That's an accident waiting to happen."

As Avi said that, Kirstie turned and hid a smirk forming on her lips.

"Hey, more room for us." Mitch shrugged, climbing on it once Scott put it down. "It feels pretty sturdy. I wonder why someone would throw it away."

"Well, we do get bad storms here in Cali, so maybe the wind blew it out of someone's yard." Kevin theorized.

"Either way, now we get to play with it!" Kirstie grinned, climbing on it with Mitch. They started lightly bouncing on it before trying to jump as high as they could. "What are you guys waiting for? Come on, it's fun!"

"Come on, Scott. I bet you can't jump higher than me." Mitch playfully challenged.

Scott seemed to think it over before finally allowing himself to climb onto the springy net. Mitch and Kirstie cheered as he joined them. They started playing a bouncy version of tag, would fall on their backs to bounce back to their feet, and tried and failed at doing flips. Eventually, Scott took Mitch up on his challenge of seeing who could jump higher. Kevin and Todrick were the referees and only one person was allowed to be on the trampoline at a time during the contest.

Kirstie went first, kicking Scott and Mitch off because 'she found it', and had a blast jumping by herself, not trying to set a record. Mitch was next, slowly jumping higher and higher with each bounce. When he got enough air, he successfully did a flip, landing and bouncing on his butt. He cheered as he got off and let Scott's turn begin.

"Ei, when he gets to his highest point, take like two feet off his score." Mitch told Kevin.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because he's already tall. That's like cheating in the bouncing world."

"You're the one who challenged him to a bounce off."

Mitch pouted a bit as Scott bounced higher than he did. It wasn't until he started getting really high that Kevin and Todrick became concerned.

"Um, Scott. You clearly won, you can stop jumping now." Todrick told him, worry etched into his voice.

"No wait, I can go higher!" He insisted.

Scott jumped three more times. The first two jumps were normal, but something happened on his last one. As he came back down, he put all his strength into the final jump. All of it. He shot out of the trampoline like a rocket, bouncing way off course.

"SCOTT!!!" Everyone yelled.

"QUICK!!! GRAB SOME OLD MATTRESSES!!!" Kevin instructed and everyone scattered, finding as many mattresses as they could.

Kevin concentrated and quickly figured out the trajectory Scott launched out at, and hypothesized the amount of strength he was using and how fast he was going.

"OVER THERE!!!" He told everyone, and they took the mattresses to an empty spot. "Okay, okay. Place them... here!" Kevin was on the lookout for Scott coming back and continued doing the math in his head.

'If he jumped out at that speed, using about that much strength, then, unless aided by the wind he should- SHIT THE WIND RESISTANCE!!! I'M OFF!!!'

"WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! We need to move it a few paces to the left!"

"Not like that! Don't stack them like a tower!" Todrick shouted. "It has to be a pile!"

"QUICK!!! HE'S COMING BACK!!!" Kevin warned.

They quickly fixed the mattresses and moved out of the way, just in time for Scott to crash squarely into them. Kevin quietly let out a small breath, thankful he was able to fix his mistake before it was too late, and they all ran over to Scott.

"SCOTT!!! Scott, are you okay?!" Todrick frantically asked the pile of mattresses.

They moved in response, revealing the tall, shaking blond.

"Y-Yeah... I-I-I'm f-fine." He stammered, slowly climbing out. "I'm... n-never gonna do that again."

Everyone collapsed to the ground, breathing a sigh of relief, glad Scott didn't get hurt.

"So you're sure you're okay?" Mitch asked.

"A l-little shaken, but yeah. I-I'm fine."

"Okay good. Because THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!" He cheered.

"Are you kidding me?! SCOTT COULD'VE DIED!!!" Todrick snapped.

"Yeah, but he didn't! That's what makes it so cool! You gotta do it again!"

"NO!!!" Everyone yelled in unison.

"I don't mean the almost dying part." Mitch clarified with an eye roll. "I meant the super high jump thing! Preferably without the trampoline to throw you off course. It'd be really cool."

"Thanks, but I think I'm done with... 'being cool' for a while." Scott muttered.

"See, I told you that thing was an accident waiting to happen." Avi declared. "Now, I don't know about everyone else, but I think it's about time we got out of here before someone breaks their neck."

They nodded and slowly stood up in silence as Avi walked away, only for the silence to be broken by a howl of pain.

"AVI!!! Are you okay?!" Kevin asked.

"Where did you go?" Mitch wondered, looking around.

"I'm down here." His pained voice replied.

Everyone carefully made their way over to find Avi was sitting at the bottom of a shallow hole, holding his leg.

"Are you okay?" Kevin asked again, and Avi groaned.

"No. I think I hurt my leg."

Kevin and Todrick helped him out of the hole and sat him down to look at his leg.

"Who the hell digs a random hole in a junkyard and just leaves it?" Mitch wondered aloud.

"I'm not sure, but I do know one thing..." Kirstie said, and everyone looked at her. "I told you you'd fall down a hole and sprain your ankle."

Kirstie chuckled to herself a bit, and that was the first time Avi actually glared at her.

🦇🎃🦇🎃🦇

OMG YOU GUYS!!! A VERY HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL OF YOU!!! Now, can anyone tell me what chapter Kirstie predicted Avi's injury in? 😉 Anyway, I hope you have a very Happy Halloween, and make sure you stay safe! I love you guys, and don't forget to boop that little vote button with your nose! BAIII!!!!🦇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 490 10
A sudden upheaval in Kirstie's life leaves her and Avi questioning the newly budding feelings between themselves. (Heavy focus on Kavi, with a more m...
554 25 41
[discontinued due to lack of inspiration and mo longer being in the fandom. Sorry] Fourth book in the Can't Say series. These past few months have be...
9.1K 430 11
Mitch: "I can be mean though." Avi: "That's okay, I'll take care of you." Sailing under the radar while we obsessed over Scömìche, this is the ship t...
1.2K 49 8
Snapshots of the crazy family as they go through life together