BURNIN' FLAME

By LadyK30

La' Reesha Mercer is a big time CEO and president of MERCER STATE BANK. The torch was passed down to her afte... More

Unexpected Meeting
Things Don' Changed
Meeting with Sexual Tension
Company For Dinner
Bitches Talk Too Much/Card Fun
Play Ya Cards Right
Not Playing These Games
Still Trippin'
Turnin' Up The Heat
Goin' Hard Tonite
We Need To Talk
Friends Ain't Loyal
Heated Words
Dirty Lil Secrets
Talk Into Sex
Fake Ass Scene
I Always Knew
True Honesty
Wasted Time and Tears
Jealous Actions
She Don't Know
Hidden Sins
Secrets all Around
Secrets all Around Pt. 2
Broken Hearts
Deadly Tradegy
Deadly Tradegy Pt. 2
Did You Know
Let's Make This Right
Loving You Right

New Friend

15.2K 736 201
By LadyK30

La'Reesha

I was downstairs filling in for Tasha because she had to leave on some type of emergency. It had been a week since I talked to August and I couldn't lie and say that I didn't miss him, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I have been talking with Braylon and tonight we are going out. When he asked me to dinner that day I had to put the breaks on it. I felt like it was too soon for all that.

"Okay Mr. Lyles you are all set." I handed him his reciept and envelope with money. "Have a great day!"

"Thank you Reesha and you do the same." He smiled and walked off.

As soon as he walked off I noticed a nicely dressed woman approaching. The more I looked at her it looked as if she was tryna to hide her identity. She had on dark shades and it looked like a wig with a wide brim hat. She made her way to my window and looked around like the boogie man was gon' pop-up outta nowhere.

"Hello. I can I help you today?" I smiled and she smiled back faintly.

"Uh yeah...I um wanted to open an account."

"Okay, well I'm the person you need to see. Give me a second." I turned and got Melissa to takeover for me. I walked from behind the counter.

"You can follow me this way." I headed in the direction of the elevators. I hit the up button and we waited for the doors to open.

As soon as they did we stepped inside. It was a long awkward silence and I could tell that it was something going on with this mysterious woman. I pressed the floor that we were going to and leaned my head against the wall. The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. I stepped out and she followed.

I opened my door and motioned for her to take a seat. I logged on to my computer and looked up at her. She was looking all around my office as if she was searching for something. She was really acting weird as hell.

"Alright since I didn't catch your name downstairs, do you mind telling me what it might be?"

"Ka'Rayah Thompson."

"Okay, well I'm La'Reesha and I will assist you in all that you need. So tell me what type of account do want to setup?"

"I want to setup two in my name, but one of them will be for my daughter. She won't be able to have access to it until she is eighteen." She removed her shades and she was a very beautiful woman. She had exotic features and I bet that without that wig she was even more beautiful. You could tell that something had happened to her because she had distant look in her eyes.

"Well we can take care of all that. Do you want checking or savings. In fact we can do both for each." I smiled.

I got all her information and started putting everything in the system. I had her sign what needed to be signed and took her photo. When she gave me the checks that she was depositing I was shocked at the amounts. I could tell that she had money, but not like what she was depositing.

"Okay Mrs. Thompson, you are all set. Is there anything else I can help you with?" I asked as I folded my hands on top of my desk.

"No, and thank you so much. And please call me Ka'Rayah or Rayah."

"Okay Rayah and thanks for choosing Mercer State Bank."

She nodded and stood. She hesitated for a minute before walking out and she turned to me. I looked up at her wondering what she had to say or what she wanted to say.

She sighed. "La'Reesha I know this is gon' come off as strange, but I am new to the Atlanta area and I don't know anybody, plus I'm still learning my way around. Would it be to much to ask if we got together sometime just to hangout and talk." She looked at me pleadingly.

I was caught a lil off guard because I didn't know what her aim was. I stared at her for a long moment and I had a gut feeling that she needed somebody. You could see something like fear and definitely pain in her eyes.

I reached in my cardholder and gave her my card with all my contact info. She smiled and thanked me. She walked out and I stared at the door wondering what her story was. I leaned back in my chair thinking about everything that happened in the last couple of weeks. I noticed that Tangi had been MIA, but I was gon' get to her apple jack ass real soon. Kevon had been calling and texting, but like always I ignored him. He just didn't get it. One thing I noticed is that Tasha had been kind of salty with me and if its because of August oh well.

At this point if he willing to have her shit she can have him. I stood and stretched just as my phone went off. It was a text from Braylon. I smiled brightly because so far he was cool and not to mention a very nice looking piece of eye candy.

Braylon: Hey Beautiful. Hope your day is going well and I can't wait to see you tonight. received 4:30 pm

Reesha: You are too kind Handsome. My day is going great and I'm looking forward to tonight. sent 4:32 pm

I smiled hard as hell and decided I wanted to go ahead and leave. I wanted to be ready for tonight. I was actually nervous because I hadn't been on a date since Kevon. I made sure everything was shutdown and I had filed all my paperwork. I grabbed my things and headed out. I hope tonight is a good night.

*******

I had just got dressed and I checked myself in the mirror. I was gonna meet him at the restaurant and I was a nervous wreck. I headed downstairs and grabbed my keys off the table by the door. I headed out and hopped in my Range. I got in and backed out. The radio was playing and No Love came on. Of all the damn songs this one had to be playing. I sighed and continued to drive down the highway. I was like five minutes away from the restaurant and I felt my stomach turn into knots.

I finally pulled into the Cheesecake Factory and let valet park my car. I walked inside and was just about to tell the hostess who I was looking for when I felt a hand on the small of my back. I turned and I was caught off guard by that damn smile. Braylon was goregous.

"You look beautiful." He grabbed my hand leading us to our table.

"Thank you. You look nice yourself." I sat down and he sat down after me.

"Thanks. So tell me Miss Reesha, why is that somebody hasn't cuffed you yet. I mean you are the perfect catch. You are intelligent, successful and you have a good head on your shoulders plus you are very beautiful." He smiled that million dollar smile.

"Well at the moment its by choice because I'm not willing to settle. I know what I want and don't want. I need more than just sex. I want somebody that can not only be my man, but be my friend."

"I feel you. Good men as well as good women are hard to come by, but just from the few conversations we had, I can tell that you are a good woman."

"Hmm I see you are very observant. I like that."

He chuckled and the waitress came up and took our drink orders. We continued to talk about in and everything. Braylon was really a nice guy and he was definitely gon' be a good ass friend.

Omniscient

La'Reesha was so engrossed in conversation with Braylon that she didn't realize she was being watched. August sat with his business partner and watched as Reesha and Braylon laughed and talked. He couldn't focus on the conversation him and Darron was having because his eyes were glued to Reesha's every movement. He was so curious and pissed because she was actually out with another nigga. He couldn't believe it. He sipped from his Ciroc and continued to watch.

He knew that she hadn't seen him yet, but he couldn't wait until she did see him. He wanted to know how she was gon' react when she realized he was there. It was taking everything in him not go over to her table and ask who that nigga was, but he knew that they were already on bad terms so he just had to endure watching her look like she was happy.

She laughed and tilted her head back and that's when she saw August. Their eyes met for a long moment and Reesha broke the connection, rolling her eyes. August knew then that she was still hurt and upset with him. She had every right to be because August had't bothered to call for a week. He finally tuned back into Darron because he was gon' be paying Miss Mercer a visit tonight.

August

I couldn't believe that she was out wit another nigga. I know we ain't together, but its fucked in a sense especially considering she told me she loved me. I tralied my finger around the rim of my cup and clenched my jaw in anger.

"Yo man what the hell got yo attention across the room? You been zoning out on me for a lil minute."

"Nothin' bruh just thinkin' bout some things. I got something I gotta handle later or maybe sooner than later." I said as I watched her and that nigga leave.

"Ah hell its gotta be a female."

I didn't say anything I rose and dropped a few bills on the table. "Aye D get at me later this week and we can finalize things."

"Okay cool." He dapped me and I headed out.

******

I stood out on her stoop and rung the bell. I adjusted my hat on my head as I waited for her to come to the door. A few seconds later the door opened and she rolled her eyes.

"Yung what th-"

I cut her off by pushing her inside the house. I backed her against the wall and braced my hands on either side of head as I stared down at her beautiful face.

"Reesha tell me." I paused and narrowed my eyes at her as I clenched and unclenched my jaw.

"Tell me who tha' fuck was that nigga?..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 107K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
388K 10.2K 51
After the tragic death of her father on the day of her wedding, Althea Cojuangco Guevarra, the now President and CEO of ACG Inc., the top manufacturi...
323K 9.7K 67
How did we get like this, I thought I gave him my all and it all came crashing down on me. I lost everything and I can't do anything about it, I'm al...
223 35 26
When Amaya Maxwell is left with no choice than to marry the Billionaire Liam Black who is infamous for his scandals, to avoid her family from being i...