โœ“ | DEAR FUTURE ME

By PLUTOTOWN

DEAR FUTURE ME โ dear future me, just tell them how you feel. you'll always regret it when you're too late... More

DEAR FUTURE ME
CAST
PLAYLIST
ACT ONE: AUTUMN
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
ACT TWO: WINTER
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
EPILOGUE

009

172 32 124
By PLUTOTOWN

Shortly after the end of the first half, it was time for the cheerleaders (including Xavier in his mascot costume) to go out and give a show for the crowd while both teams prepare for the second half.

"Look, there goes Xavier with the cheerleaders!" Nini pointed out, and Skye's jaw immediately dropped as Xavier danced with the cheerleaders. It was like a complete fever dream if she were being honest.

"Oh my god."

"I bet the marching band is missing out on him now!" She cackled.

"You know the story?" Skye asked. At this point, who didn't know the story? It might as well be an urban legend for the school band.

"Um, duh! Wait, did I not tell you I've known Xavier since we were babies? Our parents are best friends!" Nini replied. Yes, she and Xavier were childhood friends. They were even inseparable during their early school years until Nini moved but remained close as they saw each other as the sibling they never had. Xavier was actually the one that helped Danny ask her out, and he would never hesitate to take credit for making it happen.

"Really?" Skye questioned.

"Yeah, I can't believe I've dealt with him my entire life." She said, not joking on the believing part. "He's like a brother to me, to be honest."

Nini talking about being childhood friends reminded Skye of her friendship with Nikki. The two were also childhood friends, that is until their falling out, which Skye was obviously not fully over. "That's actually kind of sweet."

"It's sweet until you see the pictures of us in the bathtub together." Nini snorted.

"Never show me that, I'm begging." Skye cringed, but Nini definitely wasn't planning on digging those pictures from the depths of her mom's Facebook page full of embarrassing photos.

"Trust me, I won't."

Missing the cheerleader's performance, Skye saw the football players run back out to the field, causing both sides to cheer for their respective teams. "I think the second half is starting. I think that's what it's called. My dad would be appalled if he witnessed this."

"My dad too." Nini rolled her eyes. "I swear to god if I have to witness him-"

"-yell at the TV over the Eagles game one more time," Skye said with her at the same time, and the two both let out a gasp. "Oh my god."

"Ah, twins again!" She squealed, showing more enthusiasm than Skye, but to be fair she was always quite enthusiastic compared to everyone else around her.

"I'm thinking this is a universal middle-aged dad thing." Skye giggled, and Nini agreed.

"It totally is."

"The second half of the game will begin momentarily." One of the announcers said through the mic, giving everyone a moment to prepare to watch the remainder of the game.

"Here we go," Skye said, letting out a sigh. She thought it would be embarrassing to admit she was kind of on the edge of her seat and desperate to know the end result of this game, but Nini felt the same way so it wasn't so bad.

"I kind of just got tempted to sing Mamma Mia for a second," Nini said, and Skye immediately lit up at the mention of such an iconic movie.

"Do you like Mamma Mia?" She asked with the biggest grin on her face.

"I have both movies on DVD and one time I breathed the same air as Amanda Seyfried," Nini replied. True story, just saying.

"Okay, wow." Her eyes widened. "Lucky you."

"I didn't actually meet her though, but like I breathed her air so close enough." She shrugged.

"Yeah, totally," Skye said then turned her attention to the game that was already in action.

As the two girls had their eyes glued to the game, Danny threw a pass from quite the difference to Levi, who caught the ball effortlessly, then passed it over to another teammate who was ahead of both of them. The play really impressed Skye despite her lack of interest in football, but seeing this could definitely get her into it.

"Wow, Danny threw the ball really far!" She exclaimed. "Jesus, no wonder why every gym teacher I've ever had was always disappointed in my lack of skills."

"That's his specialty," Nini said like it wasn't a big deal. "I've watched enough football games to know that's a thing he does with Levi on the field. Sometimes with Hunter if he's not being tackled every 5 seconds."

"It's kind of entertaining watching him get tackled, I can't lie." Skye laughed.

"Oh, I totally agree." Nini giggled, grinning like a little kid. "I can just imagine creating a drinking game out of it if we weren't underage."

"Imagine it with espresso shots." Skye proposed.

"Oh my god, that's even better." She gasped, covering her mouth with her left hand. Out of nowhere, everyone around them starting booing, and then they looked over to the scoreboard to see that the opposing team had scored.

"Awe, the other team scored." Nini pouted then stood up to join the hate train. "Boo!"

Skye looked around to see everyone doing the same thing, so she stood up and joined the bandwagon and booed with everyone until they went to start the next play.

Everyone sat down, and then Nini reassured Skye that everything would be okay. "Don't worry, Levi will get us a touchdown and we'll win by a landslide for sure."

"How do you know?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Skye, Levi always pulls through," Nini said.

"Is he really that good?" Skye asked.

Was that even a question? To Skye it was, but Nini knew all too well that Levi was undoubtedly the best player on the football team, better than everyone on her school's football team as well. "Oh my god, yes! He's a walking scholarship waiting to happen. There's definitely gonna be college scouts watching as the season goes on."

The crowd around them started to go wild as Levi ran across the field, zooming past everyone on the opposing team, not giving them a single chance to tackle him. Nini stood up in excitement, dragging Skye with her, and she yelled out things such as "go, Levi!" and "go, go, go!" Levi scored a second later, and everyone erupted into even louder cheers.

"Wow," Skye said, eyes wide as she was even more impressed than she already was. Nini wasn't lying when she said Levi always pulled through, and Skye definitely didn't need any more convincing whatsoever.

"What did I say?" Nini smirked. "He always pulls through."

•••

The game had ended with the Wintersville Wildcats winning by a landslide just as Nini predicted. Everyone on the field went to celebrate, including Skye and Nini who were on their way to congratulate the boys right now. They were definitely friends after tonight without a doubt.

"Can I just say I love your outfit?" Nini said as they were walking towards Levi. "I couldn't get over how cute it was all night!"

"Awe, thanks." Skye blushed.

"And your hair!" She exclaimed. "How do you get your curls to look like that? Please drop the routine for me."

"Oh, I can write it down-"

Skye was interrupted as they met up with Levi who had a smirk on his face, pleased that he successfully set these two up to become friends. He knew Skye needed it, and he also knew Nini needed it too. "I see you two are getting along."

"Oh, hey!" Skye said, not prepared to see him so suddenly.

"Hey, Levi." Nini waved. Xavier, Danny, and Hunter weren't around yet, so it was just the three of them talking until one or all of them showed up.

"Sup, Nini." Levi chuckled.

"I've just been befriending your future girlfriend over here." She teased, making both Skye and Levi blush in embarrassment. There was no way Nini would give this up anytime soon.

"Um-"

"I gotta go. I see Danny coming over here." Nini lied then waved goodbye to Skye. "See ya!"

"Don't mind her," Levi reassured Skye.

"It was nice meeting you!" She yelled out as she ran away.

"Hey, she's sweet," Skye said in defense of Nini. "I like her."

"So, did you enjoy the game?" He questioned, scratching the back of his neck as he awkwardly asked her the question that was on his mind the whole time.

"It was... interesting." She replied, which really didn't give away whether she enjoyed it or not, but Levi would just accept the answer.

"You gonna come with everyone to get milkshakes?" Levi asked.

"Huh?" Skye raised an eyebrow.

"To celebrate the win!" He exclaimed. It was a tradition he did with his friends after every win, and they won a lot, so they used winning as an excuse to indulge in a nice, cold treat.

But as much as Skye was tempted to go, she would rather go home instead and pass out on her bed within minutes. She's typically never out this late, and the girl couldn't even remember the last time she was out at a time like this. "Ah, it's getting late, I think I'll pass."

"Did you at least have fun though?" Levi asked with puppy dog eyes that were impossible to resist.

"Kind of, yeah." Skye shrugged.

"Well, that's good enough for me." He grinned. "I'll drop you off before we all head over, okay?"

"Oh no, you don't have to." She said, but saying no to that just wasn't going to slide with Levi.

"But I want to. I got your back, Skye. Don't forget that." He said to her, which she didn't exactly know how to react to. Skye couldn't think of anyone else besides her father that had her back. Nikki did have her back, but that changed once "stupid ass Victor" as she called him came into the picture. But Skye appreciated Levi's words and accepted the ride home after a long day.

"Well, I guess I'll accept the ride home," Skye replied with a soft smile.

"Alright, come with me," Levi said, then the two found Xavier and Hunter (Danny would be driving with Nini as she had her own car) somewhere on the field before making the trip to Skye's house.

•••

After getting through all of the post-game traffic, the group finally made it to Skye's driveway with Levi almost accidentally hitting her dad's car in the process. Levi couldn't even imagine what would happen to him if he actually hit his car. He was on such good terms with her dad already, and he really, really didn't want to screw it up.

"And we're here," Levi said as he put the car in park.

Skye unbuckled her seatbelt and turned to speak to Xavier and Hunter in the backseat, apologizing for saying no to going with them to get milkshakes. "Sorry I had to pass on milkshakes tonight. Maybe I won't be so tired next week."

Levi lit up as Skye said maybe on next week, instantly assuming that she would actually go to next week's game. "Next week? Are you saying you're going next week?"

"I think I will." She grinned with a smile that made Levi melt every single time despite refusing to admit that it did.

"Sweet!" He exclaimed, doing a little fist pump.

Skye laughed off his excitement and said her goodbyes, opening the car door and hopping out of the car. "Well, goodnight, guys."

"Night," Levi said, waving goodbye to her.

"Bye!" She waved back, slamming the door shut and running to her front porch. Skye took out her keys and opened the door, waving to them one last time before shutting it.

Levi's eyes remained glued until he made sure she was in safely, but the trance he was in was interrupted by Hunter who went to tease him. "You're so whipped."

"What?" He turned around and gasped. "Am not!"

"Dude, I could be as blind as Helen Keller and still see that shit." Xavier chimed in. Look, he wasn't wrong.

"Who's Helen Keller?" Hunter questioned, which made Xavier and Levi want to facepalm themselves out of existence.

"Oh my god."

"How do you not know who Helen Keller is?" Levi asked.

"That's not the point!" He exclaimed. "Admit you're whipped for Skye."

"I'm not whipped for Skye. We're friends." Levi insisted. "Must I emphasize this?"

"Damn, you might as well be Helen Keller." Xavier snickered. Yeah, Levi wasn't going to listen to another second of this.

"Okay, we're going to Sadie's now!" He yelled and started up the car, which took Hunter and Xavier's minds off of the whole Skye thing.

"Milkshakes, woo!" Xavier cheered.

"Idiots." Levi rolled his eyes as he pulled out of the driveway.

While that occurred, Skye called out for her dad to let him know that she made it home. She could hear the TV on from the living room, so she knew he was awake still.

"Hey, I'm home." She said as she entered the living room, sitting down on the couch while he sat in his designated chair.

"Home already?" Scott questioned. "I thought you'd be home at midnight."

"Midnight? Absolutely not." Skye said. "I was invited to go get milkshakes with Levi and his friends but I declined."

"What?" He turned. "Why didn't you go with them?"

"Dad, I'm tired." She sighed.

"And I'm tired of you not living your life!" Her dad exclaimed. Bringing up the whole milkshakes thing was definitely a mistake, but Skye sort of knew this kind of reaction would come out of her dad. Even he has shown that he wants his daughter to be with Levi, but it wasn't for any silly reason. Scott genuinely could see her being happy with him, but she clearly had to figure that out herself.

"I can live my life another time, okay?" Skye insisted. "I'm sure Levi will want me to do something with him again and again and again."

"Good, I like him. He's husband material." He said, letting out a chuckle.

"I'm seventeen, chill." She scoffed.

"I'm getting prepared early!" Scott exclaimed.

"Can I go to bed now?" Skye begged. "My feet are killing me."

"Fine, go." He sighed. "I'll be up in a minute.."

Skye stood up and walked over to where her dad sat, placing a hand on his shoulder and smiling at him. "I can tell you all about the game tomorrow."

"And I'll look forward to hearing all about it." Her dad grinned.

"Goodnight, dad." She said, leaving over to kiss him on the cheek.

"Goodnight, sweetie." He cooed, then Skye walked out of the living room and ran up the stairs to her room, kicking off her shoes and tossing her phone onto the bed so she could sleep peacefully, even if it wasn't in her pajamas. She was that tired.

Plopping onto her bed, Skye spread her arms out and shut her eyes, letting out a sigh as she began to fall asleep after not even five minutes of laying down. Tonight would go down in history as the best nights Skye had in a really long time, and it was thanks to somebody other than the people of her past.

•••

MARIA TALKS!

it's the first chapter of 2021! hope everyone had a safe and healthy holiday <3

that is the conclusion to this two part football game 😌 i can't believe i actually did that omfg-

i can't exactly hint at what the next chapter will be, but just know it will be undeniably cute as fuck

as always though, don't forget to vote 🥰

til next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 597 57
After their brutal break up 10 months ago, Ava felt like she lost everything. She had to start from the beginning again. But after they bump into eac...
186K 2.8K 42
- แด€ แดแดแด…แด‡สŸ แด€ษดแด… แด€ษด แด€แด„แด›แดส€ า“แด€สŸสŸษชษดษข ษชษด สŸแดแด แด‡ แดกษชแด›สœ แด‡แด€แด„สœ แดแด›สœแด‡ส€ แดแด แด‡ส€ sแดแด„ษชแด€สŸ แดแด‡แด…ษชแด€ า“แด›. แด›ษชแดแดแด›สœแด‡ฬแด‡ แด„สœแด€สŸแด€แดแด‡แด›โค๏ธŽ (สŸษชา“แด‡ sแด›แดส€ส) started: Jan.29.2021 -๐—Œ๐—ˆ๐—†๐–พ๐—๐—‚๐—†๐–พ...
300K 6K 53
She's the girl that I want to spend my life with. She's the one who's making me damn crazy. She's Darlene Michelle Miranda.
174K 2.9K 41
๐™จ๐™ค๐™˜๐™ž๐™–๐™ก ๐™ข๐™š๐™™๐™ž๐™– & ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š (๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™š ๐™๐™–๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™ง ------๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™š๐™จ๐™๐™–๐™ž๐™ง)