We don't need memories? (Suna...

By ViLeviivel

; hope and continuation, a symbol for one to move forward. Despite everything that has happened, Misumi Shiny... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Announcement
42.
43.

12.

635 32 5
By ViLeviivel

SUNA RINTAROU

I had my phone in my right hand with a pillow resting on my my biceps as Shinyya comfortably lays her head. It was already 3:00 AM and I was still wide awake, scrolling through social media.

I didn't want to sleep, incase she might have nightmares again. Throughout the whole night, she's been muttering in her sleep while at the same time tears streamed down her face; I would wake her up gently and hush her back to sleep.

My other hand was on her cheek, involuntarily rubbing circles on it while occasionally wiping tears that suddenly falls out of her eye.

What is she dreaming about?

What are her nightmares?

Has this been going on for long? It's no wonder she's afraid to fall asleep, it's probably to avoid the nightmares.

A tear rolled down her right cheek once again and then she held a broken expression, still asleep, as she started muttering 'sorry's' this time.

"Chibi." I gently shook her shoulder to wake her up. "Shin, wake up."

She slowly opened her eyes as more tears fell; her body trembled in my grasp and her face looked pale.

This is the fifth time since last night that I've woken her up because of a nightmare.

"Are you okay?" I asked with worry as I watched her face full of fear.

Her lips trembled then she looked up to face me. "S-Suna...I—"

"Yeah, it was another nightmare."

She gulped, nodding as she lifted my arm that was wrapped around her waist and sat up.  "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I can't sleep," I replied and sat up too.

"What time is it?"

"Thirty minutes before 4:00 AM."

"You should get some sleep." She mumbled.

"You're the one who needs sleep." I retorted.

"I should get ready for the day, you can stay here and sleep."

"Get back here oi." I bluntly said. "You need sleep."

"And I did already." She sighed heavily as she made her way to the corner of her room. Settling in a high chair, she took her violin out of it's case along with some sheet notes and positioned it, ready to play.

She still looks exhausted. I thought worriedly as I stared at her worn-out state.

Shinyya started playing the violin in a calm lullaby. It's sound dominated my senses once again and I found myself droopy. I leaned on the headboard, closing my eyes but kept my mind distracted to avoid sleeping as I sat, just admiring the piece she played.

She's so good.

"Don't tell anyone."

I lazily opened my eyes and gave her a side glance. "What nightmares are you having?"

"I can't tell." She bit her lip and continued playing.

There's definitely something she's hiding.

"But thank you for staying tonight and for keeping me company."

"I promised, didn't I?"

"Yeah," she smile, warmly, going back to playing the violin.

She should smile like that more often.

And for a second I felt my heart fluttering at the genuine sight. I felt my face heating up the longer I stared at her. She still looked beautiful despite the barely noticeable exhaustion and stress hidden behind her calm expression; it was something I didn't fail to avoid since the first the day I met her.

I was worried to be honest.

Someone should be with her to make sure she gets atleast a few hours of sleep.

With my intense gaze on her figure, I just noticed the scar trailing from her jaw down to her neck now that she had her hair in a messy bun (which I can't help but admit it looked attractive) and also noticed a few soft bruises around her neck.

What happened to those...

Who did it?

My eyes trailed back to the scar on her jaw.

And why does it looks familiar?

I squinted my eyes, analyzing the small details as I tried remembering and collecting my thoughts and memories of where I thought I've seen that scar.

I swear I've seen it before, I just can't remember when.

——

MISUMI SHINYA

"Since you don't have any plans going back to sleep, you up for a movie?" I said as I stopped playing the violin, breaking Suna out of his thoughts.

He repeatedly blinked his sharp eyes before shrugging tiredly, "Sure."

"What movies do you watch?"

"It's dangerous to ask a teenage boy that." A teasing smirk was painted across his face that sent me blushing furiously as I looked away.

"I knew all boys were perverts," I huffed, cheeks puffing. "So what are we watching? Hentai?"

"What? You watch those?"

"Obviously not! You're most likely someone who'd watch that!"

"I didn't say anything."

"Well what did you mean?"

He chuckled silently as I stared at him with a confuse look while waiting for a response. "Anything I guess?"

It was already 30 minutes since we've started watching and decided to settle on the movie "Howl's Moving Castle". Five minutes into the movie, I felt my heart beating fast at the position we got ourselves into. His arms tightly hugging my waist while he buried his face by the side of my chest. It was impossible to escape his sloth like grip and the fact that we've only knew each other for a week or so and we already slept together, (I KNOW WHAT UR THINKING BUT NO NOT IN THAT WAY) Who wouldn't be having mixed feelings about that?

This time, it was his turn to sleep while I stay awake, watching him snore softly as I absentmindedly trace my fingers unto his delicate face. I studied every little detail of his features, from his sharp, narrowed eyes to his long, pointed nose; lips slightly parted as he calmly breathed in and out, my fingers stopped on his jawline, slightly lifting his face to take a better look.

Suna Rintarou is a very attractive and beautiful guy.

The thought of being this close to him got butterflies fluttering wildly in my stomach. What is this feeling?

No no no! I can't fall in love unless I reach my dream!

I can't! I can't! I can't!

I don't like him! I can't like him! And I won't!

...not now atleast.

"Gahh!! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I rambled as I frustratingly ran my hand through my hair. At this moment, I don't know what to feel for this certain brown-haired, lazy, Chuupet-loving middle blocker.

If I do like him—

You can't like someone you just met for a week dipshit!

then would he return the feelings?

Well, that's the last thing I should worry about. In fact, there's nothing I should worry about, I don't even like him.

I turned to my alarm that sat ontop of the nightstand to see that it was already 5:30 AM and classes starts 8:00 AM. My eyes landed back on the sleeping boy as I felt him squeeze my body tighter while snuggling closer, I was mentally panicking again, calming down for a minute to stop myself from blushing.

"Suna." I gently shook his shoulder. "Bendy boy!"

But he didn't budge, not a single bit.

I groaned, remembering how it took an hour for the whole team to wake up a sleeping Suna by the corner of the gym plenty of times during practice.

Aran-san used to splash water on Suna, but then I don't my bed to get wet. But the twins...they tickle Suna to wake up!

Smirking, I struggle to wiggle my body to sit up and to get a perfect position to place both hands on either sides of his torso.

What if he gets mad? Nah.

"Bendy boy wake up!" I half-shouted as I started tickling his sides.

"Five more minutes..." he spoke in a deep and raspy voice.

Oh my god that was sexy.

I quickly shook my head to get rid of that thought and continued tickling him as he squirmed, releasing his arms around my waist in the process but still didn't wake up.

"Stop it." He growled tiredly.

"Wake up, lazy boy." I demanded. "We have school!"

I still didn't stop and moved my other hand to tickle the back of his neck—

"Stop it! I'm awake! I'm awake!" His eyes flew open as I tickled him more, until he bursted into laughter.

Finally—

SMACK!

THUD!

My vision was blurry for a moment as my head ached from the impact. Slowly opening my eyes open, I faced the ceiling only to realize that I have fell from my bed.

"Ite..." A groan escaped from my lips, clutching my aching forehead while I tried sitting up.

"Shit! Shit! Chibi I'm so sorry!" Suna rambled in panic as he hurriedly rolled out of bed and knelt infront of me. "I d-didn't mean to hit you! I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine..." I muttered, when all of a sudden his face leaned closer as his sharp eyes and mesmerizing greyish-yellow orbs stared at me intently.

"I'm sorry."

"I-I-I said it's fine..."

Damn it! Why am I stuttering?!

My face heated up to a hundred degree celsius for a minute that he didn't bother back his face away. Until finally, he held a hot smirk and backed away.

I huffed, standing up. "It still hurts you know—"

He swiftly grabbed my head and in a quick movement, he placed a small peck on my forehead. Then he back away, leaving my heart beating fast, my insides churning wildly, my stomach fluttering and with a face as red as a tomato.

"Better?" He asked in his usual deadpanned expression.

B-better?

I was frozen from his actions, still pondering on the small peck he placed on my forehead.

But the pain did slightly lessen.

"S-s-s-s-sure..."

Things were awkward after, for me atleast. The fact that he kissed my forehead out of nowhere and had no reaction as if it was no big deal gave me confused feelings. I was now too shy to face him, remembering that moment, I didn't even have the courage to face him eye to eye as we sat across each other in the dining table which made it more awkward. Luckily, he was too occupied in a conversation with Hina-san to even notice my embarrassed state.

There was 1 hour and 30 minutes left before school, and by that time I was walking Suna to the porch of the house.

I was still embarrassed to do so, but it's the least I could do after he kept me company last night and woke me up whenever I had nightmares.

"See you at school, shorty." He said, yawning.

Seriously, when does this boy never thinks of sleep?

"Y-y-yah...see you..." I mumbled and still avoided eye contact, also still a blushing mess.

He hummed in response and started walking down the small staircase, until his footsteps stopped and I had to look up.

"By the way," he said, "can I ask your number?"

"M-my number?"

He nodded.

"I-I...don't have a phone, Suna." I replied.

He formed his mouth into an 'o' shape and nodded and turned to a different direction, "I forgot" his mouth move to speak as he then faced back to me. "Alright, bye chibi."

"Y-yeah..." I stuttered nervously, watching the tall, brown-haired middle-blocker walk down the streets. "Bye, Suna."

——

A/N: ohhhh myyyy ghadddd thank you so much my dear readers for the 1k reads!!🥺🥺 it hasn't even been a month yet since I published this book and I'm so happy❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 2.2K 49
Talking to new people is fun even if it means ruining their lives in the process. HACKER AU/UNIVERSITY AU Multiple endings!!! Under EDITS!! WARNING...
221K 6.6K 25
๐‘†๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘Ž ๐‘ฅ ๐น๐‘’๐‘š! ๐‘…๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ โ†ณ โ๐’๐Ž ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐‡๐„๐‘? โž โœง๏ฝฅ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* ๐—œ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ผ...
217K 4.9K 64
"๐—ฆ๐—ข ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—˜ ๐—ง๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐— ๐—˜ ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—˜๐—— ๐—ฆ๐—จ๐—ก๐—”" | |____๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐˜†/๐—ป, ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐˜„๐—ถ๐—ป ๏ฟฝ...
304K 12.1K 31
๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜†: *.โ˜ฝ .* :โ˜†๏พŸ. แดแด‡แด›แด€ษดแดษชแด€- แด€ แด›ส€แด€ษดsา“แดส€แดแด€แด›ษชแด แด‡ แด„สœแด€ษดษขแด‡ แดา“ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด›, แดส€ แด„สœแด€ษดษขษชษดษข แดษดแด‡'s แดษชษดแด…. ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜†: *.โ˜ฝ .* :โ˜†๏พŸ. ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ แด›แดกแด sแด‡แด„แดษดแด… สแด‡แด€ส€s, แดก...