The 8th Brother - (K-Idols...

By Rustal_Elion

A simple guy who went to a foreign country to find a work that he will love and to help his family. Will he b... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - First Day
Chapter 2 - Phantasia
Chapter 3 - Open Mic
Chapter 4 - The Call
Chapter 5 - First encounter
Chapter 6 - A night with an Idol
Chapter 7 - Return
Chapter 8 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 36 | Guests: Baek Jiyoung, Kim Junho and James
Chapter 9 - Troubled
Chapter 10 - Visit at BTS' dorm
Chapter 11 - New member
Chapter 12 - Peach
Chapter 13 - Trip with Shin Kim Chi
Chapter 14 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 45 | Guest: Actress Lee Si-young | Part 1
Chapter 15 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 45 | Guest: Actress Lee Si-young | Part 2
Chapter 16 - Good people
Chapter 17 - Black Pearl
Chapter 18 - Cabbage
Chapter 19 - Half a minute
Chapter 20 - Universe Cowards
Chapter 21 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 53 | Guests: I.O.I
Chapter 22 - Dinner with two Song
Chapter 23 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 24 - Hallway
Chapter 25 - Elevator
Chapter 26 - Bracelet
Chapter 27 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 57 | Guests: AOA
Chapter 28 - Decision
Chapter 29 - Invitation
Chapter 30 - Dinner at Red Velvet's dorm
Chapter 31 - New Path
Chapter 32 - Hiccups
Chapter 33 - City of Angels
Chapter 34 - A series of encounter
Chapter 35 - Strong Girl
Chapter 36 - Goblin's Bride
Chapter 37 - Reinforcements
Chapter 38 - Would U
Chapter 39 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 69 | Guest: Lee Kyung-Kyu
Chapter 40 - Popcorn
Chapter 41 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 76 | Guests: Twice
Chapter 42 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 43 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 81 | Guests: Apink
Chapter 45 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 84 | Guests: Red Velvet
Chapter 46 - Exo Planet
Chapter 47 - Shinjuku Happening
Chapter 48 - Lifestyle Configuration
Chapter 49 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 87 | Guests: Blackpink
Chapter 50 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 88 | Guests: Girls' Generation | Part 1
Chapter 51 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 89 | Guests: Girls' Generation | Part 2
Chapter 52 - Prophecy at Kinpo Shrine
Chapter 53 - Memories of Kyoto
Chapter 54 - The Hands of Time
Chapter 55 - First Date
Chapter 56 - The Night Seoul Laughs
Chapter 57 - Sunset of Fukuoka: The Last Goodbye
Chapter 58 - The Surprise Plan
Chapter 59 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 102 | Guests: Sung Dong-il & Goo Hara
Chapter 60 - Hold My Hand
Chapter 61 - You Did Well
Chapter 62 - First Christmas Eve
Chapter 63 - Knowing Brothers Special EP: Question Solving Picnic
Chapter 64 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 110 | Guests: Jang Seo-hee & Hong Seok-cheon
Chapter 65 - The Queen
Chapter 66 - I Can See Your Voice | Season 5 Ep. 01
Chapter 67 - A shot of First Love
Chapter 68 - Last Two Hours
Chapter 69 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 117 | Guests: Ahn So-hee & Boom
Chapter 70 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 118 | Guests: Got7 & Park Jin-young (JYP)
Chapter 71 - Turning back the hands of time
Chapter 72 - First friend
Chapter 73 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 123 | Guests: Moon Se-yoon & Yoo Min-sang
Chapter 74 - The Big Smoke and Big Ben
Chapter 75 - Without a warning
Chapter 76 - Goodbye, my friend
Chapter 77 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 130 | Guests: Kim Shin-young, Jimin & Seolhyun
An Dùbhlachd
Chapter 78 - Knowing Brothers Ep. 131 | Guests: Go Ara and Kim Myung-soo (L)

Chapter 44 - Engagement

5.5K 152 66
By Rustal_Elion

.

"Do you want to eat lunch?" James asked Haejoo.

"hmm.. it's still a little early and I'm not that hungry. Let's just head to your agency.." Haejoo replied.

"Araseo.."

James and Haejoo just got out from a Driver's License Issuance Center. James asked Haejoo to accompany him to get a Korean Driver's license. And also he promised to take Haejoo out this day.

"Oppa good thing you have a Japanese Driver's License, that makes the process really fast.." Haejoo remarked. The two of them took a bus to get to their next destination.

"Yeah, I just have to exchange it for a Korean License, also I was exempted in the written exam because of it.." James replied.

"So you will never get your Japanese License back?" Haejoo asked.

"I can still get it. I just have to surrender the Korean one.." James answers.

"Why do you even get a driver's license if you don't have a car?" Haejoo asked him again. "Just to prepare, I mean UAA has been suggesting that I should get my own car or to agree that they would get me my own team.." James replied.

"Yeah, about that.. why did you refuse it in the first place?" Haejoo wonders why.

"At first I thought it was not necessary that I should be getting a manager and a team, I'm not a huge celebrity like.. uh... Hye-Kyo noona, or Heechul hyung. But now, it's getting quite hectic and a little tiring to go from one place to another.." James explained.

"So you're a huge celebrity now?" Haejoo giggles as she teases him.

"What no! I'm not saying that! I just now got what they meant that it will be hard for me to do all those things all by myself.." James said to her, "And I think the meeting later is about that.." he added.

"So you get a driver's license if ever you need to counter offer because you are still against their offer to have your own team.." Haejoo said.

"Exactly! wait.. how the.. what the.. how did you know these kind of things?" James is surprised.

"Haha oppa, it's obvious that it's what you are going for. I know you still think that you don't need it, but just face it oppa.. you are now a big celebrity, of course not like Heechul's level. But you are getting there sooner.." Haejoo told him.

"I understand but.. ugh, anyway I'll think about it. We'll see how the meeting goes.." James said to her.

"Hold on.." Haejoo raised her eyebrow and is looking at James like she is investigating him. "oppa... are you going to buy a car so you can ask Irene to go out with you? and you can date her privately, is that it?"

"What the..?! Of course not! It's about work!" James is utterly shocked to what Haejoo just said.

Haejoo is still looking at James the same way, frowning a little and one eyebrow raised, "jinjja?.. because You and Irene are getting close as the time goes by. Are you two a couple now?".

"What the.. Yah! Yoo Haejoo! What's wrong with you?" James exclaims and calling Haejoo by her full name. Good thing there's a few people in the bus and no one can hear their conversation. "We are not a couple, but I...." James abruptly stopped what he is going to say, he just froze and stare blankly in the open. He was zoned out for a couple of seconds.

Haejoo waited for a couple of seconds before she talk to him. "But what? You what?"

"N-Nothing.." James shakes his head. "Why you think we are a couple?" James seems to be back in himself now.

"Something is not right.." Haejoo is sensing something about James. "Well, you are visiting her in their dorm. Then she is visiting you in your apartment, plus she surprised you on your birthday.. in you apartment, in your apartment oppa~~~!!" Haejoo is saying it in his face, kinda mocking him a little.

James pushes her away, "Yah.. what's wrong with her visiting me and surprising me in my birthday? that's what friends do".

"Pshh.. friends.." Haejoo scoffs. "araseo, friends.. so where is Seolhyun? I didn't see your bestfriend in your birthday.." Haejoo is now trying to make a point to him.

"She was busy that day. She have to shoot commercials and magazine pictorials that day, you know a lot of brands are after her.." James explains.

"araseo, that's true. But oppa,.." there is a pause before Haejoo continue the next thing she is going to say, "so is Irene. Lots of brands are after her as well, but she made time just for you.." Haejoo is giving him somewhat a mocking smile.

"ah--...." James took several seconds before he can reply to Haejoo's point. ".. Seolhyun made time for me too. In fact she was the one who organized that dinner with Shinyoung noona, Jimin noona and Heechul hyung. Plus she gave me that cool shoes and it fits perfectly, ha!" James smiles proudly as he boast his best friend's gift to him.

"Sure, but if you rank the gifts that you receive on your birthday I'm pretty sure Seolhyun's gift is not on the top five.." Haejoo confidently said to him.

James seems confused, "uh.. i-it is on the top five".

"Really?" Haejoo scoffed, "think about it oppa..."

James really stop and think about it, just like what Haejoo ask him to do. "w-well..."

"Irene's gift is in the top spot right?" Haejoo smirks.

"Y-Yeah.. well you saw what she gave to me, it was beautiful. Plus she got me that video message from Taeyeon.." James said to her.

"Exactly, among everyone else's gift, Irene's is more of a.... an effort base gift if we put it that way. The others just bought it, though I'm not saying it's a bad thing.. but anyway.. did you see the point oppa?" Haejoo looked at James hoping that he have the grasps of what she is trying to say. Haejoo sighed and shakes her head seeing that James seems to still not getting it, "she did her best to make it special for you. Even though she is busy, she made time to visit you and personally wished you a happy birthday. Sure friends or best friends can do that also, but oppa, we all know Irene is a different case. She doesn't normally get close to anyone else, specially to males. Even to her labelmates, she is not that close compares to how close she is with you." Haejoo explains further in hopes to make her point sink in James' head.

James is just there sitting and thinking of what Haejoo is trying to point out. He knew that everything she is saying totally makes sense. But James is still not fully accepting those things, he still finds it hard to believe.

"tch... I should have not shared those with you.." James said, seemingly trying to avoid the topic.

Haejoo sighs and put her head down out of frustration. "aigoo.. oppa..".

James just laughs at Haejoo's reaction. What Haejoo didn't know is that James totally understood what she is trying to say. He is just acting dumb in front of her to avoid talking about it even more.

.

.

.

About two hours later..

James is currently in the meeting with the management of his agency. Meanwhile Haejoo is just wondering around the UAA building as she waits for the meeting to end. She was being accompanied by Dasom, one of the receptionists that is close friends with James. The two of them are currently in the agency's cafeteria.

"Unnie.. is Park Hyung-sik in the building?" Haejoo asks Dasom.

"Ani.. he is currently on a vacation.." Dasom replied. "aw.." Haejoo sounds disappointed and Dasom just giggles.

"Unnie is he handsome in person?" Haejoo asked her again.

"Super handsome!" Dasom giggles. "Thanks to James oppa.., I met one of my favorite actors!" she added.

"I wish I can meet him also.." Haejoo pouts out of jealousy. "So James oppa is really the reason for Park Hyun-sik signing with UAA?".

"Actually yes. Since they worked together in a drama and they become close, the agency saw that opportunity to.. uh.. you know.." Dasom explained to Haejoo.

"Oh, I guess that's really how it works the industry.." Haejoo remarked and Dasom gives her a huge nod.

"Actually, this is just what I heard but, James oppa is actually one of the top talents of the agency even though he is new and only have a one year contract.." Dasom is now talking a little quieter to Haejoo.

"What do you mean unnie?" Haejoo doesn't seem to fully understood what Dasom said to her.

"hmm.." Dasom thinks of a more simple way to describe it to Haejoo, "..let's put it this way, as you already know, the top talents of the agency are Song Hye-Kyo who is also the face of the agency, then Yoo Ah-In and Park Hyung-sik. Basically the agency is treating James like those stars..".

"unnie jinjja?" Haejoo is surprised to hear that.

"Yeah.. and it seems like the agency is already planning on how they can make James to stay here now that other agencies are making their moves.." Dasom continue to share things she knew about James.

"Right, I heard from James oppa that he met JYP privately in one occasion. Unnie do you think that what it is?" Haejoo now also shares one.

"Maybe, who knows. Also I heard S.M. is still expressing their interest with him, specially now that he became close with a lot of their artists.." Dasom told her.

Now the small talk with Haejoo and Dasom now turns into gossip session. Since the meeting extends a little bit, the two girls became close friends as the time goes by. They are not aware of how much time has passed by as they enjoy talking to each other and tell gossips that is mainly connected to James.

"jinjja? waah.. so it is really true that Irene and James oppa are really close. When I heard the interview of Irene I didn't think they are that close.." Dasom remarked as Haejoo told her about Irene and James.

"Unnie they are very close.. really really close.." Haejoo told her.

..

"What are you girls talking about?" James appeared out of nowhere and it startled the two girls.

"Yah~ oppa you scared me!" Haejoo exclaims and James is just laughing at her.

"Oppa.." Dasom is smirking at James.

"Eh?" James is looking at her all confused.

"Irene huh.." Dasom continue to give him a smirk.

"What..." James then looked at Haejoo.

"What? I didn't tell her.." Haejoo is just smiling at him.

"tell what? what is it? is Irene.."

James cut Dasom off by telling her that Sena is looking for her, "Yah~ Sena noona is upset. She's been looking all over for you.."

"Oh shoot!" Dasom quickly stood up, "Bye Haejoo! Nice to meet you!" Dasom hurriedly rushed to the reception desk.

"What did you tell her?" James is frowning at Haejoo.

"Not that oppa, don't worry. We just talked about the the two of you are close friends.... really close! really really close!" Haejoo laughingly teases him.

James sighed and shakes his head, "Come on, let's go to the bookstore so I can take you home early".

"Are we going to the bookstore now?" Haejoo asks.

"Yeah. Hyekyo noona and Joongki hyung invited me to have dinner later.." James said to her.

James and Haejoo leaves the cafeteria and heading to the exit of the UAA building. They will be taking a bus again and head to their favorite bookstore.

.

.

.

Several hours later..

James is now walking Haejoo home. They are now in neighborhood where Haejoo lives. The sun is starting to come down and a number of stars is already visible in the beautiful sky above the city of Seoul. Even though the day is about to end for the both of them, Haejoo is still not over the possibility of Irene and James being together as she brought up the topic once again..

"You're not gonna stop are you?" James said to Haejoo who is bringing up the topic again.

"Oppa, I'm just curious and excited about you and Irene.." Haejoo replies while eating her ice cream.

"Eh? what it is that you are excited about?" James asks.

"That you and Irene are secretly in a relationship.." Haejoo giggles.

"Aish.. how many times I have to tell you that we are not in a relationship.." James told her but Haejoo kept on giggling. "and why are you so fixated that Irene is my girlfriend?".

"Do I need to repeat what I said earlier?" Haejoo looked at James.

"araseo araseo.." James shakes his head, he doesn't want to hear it again.

..

"Oppa, let's get serious for a minute.." Haejoo finished her ice cream and throws the cup in the nearby trash bin. "What's the matter? We already talked about this, and we know that you like her. As of now, it's also clear that Irene feels the same thing. So what's stopping you from asking her out?". Haejoo engaged a serious talk with James as they continue to walk down the street.

James looks up in the sky and sighed, "I don't know. I guess I'm scared".

Haejoo looked at James, and for the first time today, his reply feels like it comes from his true emotions. "Oppa, is it because of what happened when you were in Japan?" Haejoo asks

"Aniyo. This has nothing to do with that. Besides I already leave that behind of me and forgot about it.." James chuckled a bit.

"Oh, okay then. Well I think Irene will not get bother by it, right?" Haejoo commented.

"Actually she doesn't know.." James replied.

"What?! You didn't tell her?! Why?" Haejoo is surprised to hear that James haven't told Irene about it.

"It's not like I'm keeping it secret. It's just that we haven't had that topic, but more so she never asked me any related topic about it. So there's no point of telling it to her" James explains.

"But if she asked, would you tell her?" Haejoo asked him.

"Of course. I mean it's not a secret, it's just that.., actually I think no one else besides you and Haewon noona knows about it" James remarked.

"Eh? Jinjjayo? Not even Seolhyun?" Haejoo is now more surprised.

"Oh right, Seolhyun knows about it too. And Jonghyun hyung too.." James just remembers the other people who knows about it.

"So only the four of us? No one else?" Haejoo asks. James thinks for a couple of seconds of there's still anyone. "Yup. Only the four of you" he replied.

"Wow, I feel uh... important" Haejoo starts giggling, "It's only the four of us knew about it"

"You wouldn't even know about it if you didn't barged in in the right time while me and Haewon noona are talking" James scoffed.

"You guys are cooking barbeque in the backyard, it's dinner time, of course I will be there!" Haejoo told him.

James just laughed at her as they continue to walk, "Do you think Kyuhan hyung knows?"

"Maybe. I mean Haewon unnie probably told him.." Haejoo replies.

"How about James? Do you think he heard?" James asked her.

"huh?" Haejoo is looking at him all confused and like he's gone crazy.

"Not me paboya~ I mean Kyun-sang.." James laughingly explained that the James he was referring to is the son of Haewon and Kyuhan.

"Ahh!! Of course not, he is still one year old. And just call him Kyun-sang." Haejoo is now laughing as well.

"Why not? Kyuhan hyung named his English name after me.." James replied.

"Andwae~ Kyun-sang is cute~" Haejoo starts running away while laughing.

"Yah! What's that suppose to mean? " James runs after her.

.

.

.

.

Couple of hours later..

James is now currently having dinner with Song-Song couple. He thinks this is just one of their normal dinner hangout, but what he didn't know that he is going to hear a big news any moment now.

"I didn't know you were close with Hayoung too.." Song Joongki said to James. He watched the Apink episode of Knowing Brothers.

"Hayoung?" Song HyeKyo looked at him. "Hayoung from Apink.." Song Joongki explains.

"I met her because of Heechul hyung. We played games together.." James explains while he continue eating his food.

"So... is she?" Song Joongki is smirking.

"Hyung aniyoo~.." James laughs at him.

"Why not? She is pretty and you two are around the same age.." Song Joongki commented.

"Yeah she is pretty.." James remarked.

"Then why?" the actor asks him again.

"Yah.. he already have Irene.." Song HyeKyo interrupts and she then teasingly laughed.

"Ohh.. araseo~ you picked the prettiest. Good job!" Song Joongki quickly join his girlfriend on teasing James.

"What... aniyoo~~ we are not in a relationship.." James cannot believe that even here it is still all about Irene.

"I didn't say you two are in a relationship. Why are you so defensive?" Song Joongki now have a big smirk in his face. Like he just discovered something. James is now speechless.

"Why are you blushing?" Song HyeKyo can't stop laughing at James.

The couple relentlessly teased James about Irene for the next 20 minutes. There's no stopping them as they enjoy it that much, and also for the fact that they wanted to see if James will break and accidentally admit something to them. Fortunately for James, there is an entirely different reason why he is in this dinner with the couple because if not, the couple will probably won't stop. The three of them are now having their desserts..

Song Joongki nudges Song Hyekyo and gesturing to do it now. "uh.. James..."

James looked at the actress after he took a bite of the slice of cake he is having, "Yes noona?".

"We have news to share with you.." the actress said to him. James is just looking at the couple waiting for them to tell the news they are talking about.

"ehem.." Song HyeKyo didn't say any words. She is already smiling as she brushes her hair with her left hand. Giving James some kind of hint. It took James several seconds to finally figure it out..

"EH?!" James gasps and his eyes grew big when he saw a diamond ring in Song HyeKyo's left hand.

"Are you guys.." James' excitement is building up.

"Yes~" the couple smilingly said to him.

"Wahhh~~ I'm so happy for you guys!!" James is very happy that the Song-Song couple are now officially engaged.

"Hyung when did you propose?"

"The other day" Song Joongki replied.

"I'm-- wahh. You guys don't know how happy I am that the Song-Song ship has sailed its course towards the marriage life!!" James is really excited and happy for them. The couple started laughing seeing how James got really excited.

"So is there a date yet?" James asks.

"Not yet, but when we talked to our parents yesterday to share them the news. Everyone agrees that the wedding will be held this year" Song Joongki answers.

"Wow, it's already July. So that means any month from now.." James mentioned.

"Yeah so you better find a good suit to wear at the wedding" Song HyeKyo told him.

"Eh? I'm invited in your wedding?"

"Of course you are! What's the reason why we are having this dinner! Aish!" Song HyeKyo said to him.

"Haha I know I'm invited. I just want to hear it from you noona" James was just acting all surprised seconds ago. "Yah~" Song HyeKyo frowns and cutely pouts as she throws a napkin/tissue at James.

"You still don't know him, it's obvious he was just acting surprised" Song Joongki is laughing at his fiancé.

..

The rest of dinner goes on, James bought them drinks to celebrate the couple's engagement. James drinks just one glass, while Song Joongki had two. As for Song HyeKyo, well she can finish a whole bottle if she wasn't stopped by her fiancé and James. Afterwards, the couple gives James a ride home..

"James~~" Song HyeKyo calls his name.

"Yes noona?"

"We're going to put you on the guest list with a plus one, so bring Irene since you are dating her.." Song HyeKyo said to him.

"Noona, we are not dating. And you are drunk.." James chuckles.

"Aniya! At least not drunk enough to know the two of you are secretly.. dating!" Song HyeKyo insists that she is not, but she really kinda is.

Song Joongki is driving and just laughing at his fiancé. "Just say you will bring her, you know she won't stop".

James gives up, he shakes his head and let out a laugh, "Araseo~ I will bring her in your wedding".

"Who?" Song HyeKyo asks.

"Irene" James replied.

"Bring her in the wedding, I'm gonna put your names on the guest lists.." Song HyeKyo is repeating what she said again.

"Yes noona, I will bring her" James replied.

"Bring her to where?" seems like the actress is really drunk.

"In your wedding" James is giggling as he continue to talk to her.

"Oh yeah, bring Irene in the wedding" Song HyeKyo said.

"Noona that is what I'm trying to sa---, hyung it feels like I'm talking to Patrick! (star)" James remarked. Song Joongki burst out laughing.

.

.

.

.

The next day..

James pretty much doesn't have any schedule for the rest of the day. He used his rest day to run some errands and roam around the city looking for a possible car for him.

The meeting yesterday at UAA was exactly what he is thinking. After a long careful discussion James finally agreed to what they are offering to him since from the start. James is now going to have his own personal team, and UAA is now currently working to create a team for him.

After a long day, James decided to visit Happy Seoul Club and have his dinner there.

"Hey! Long time no see celebrity!" Dongwoo greets James.

"What do you mean? I performed here two weeks ago" James said as he takes a seat in front of the bar.

"Still that's a long time for me" Dongwoo chuckled.

"Hey James! Drinking again?" Eric, the head barista approached them.

"Ani, just Nachos and Fries" James replied.

"Ohh.. I guess you are already over with your girl problem last time" Eric commented.

"Actually, it's still on.."James laughed a little.

"What? You still haven't solve your girl problem? It's been months" Dongwoo and Eric is laughing at him.

"But the difference is that now, I know how to solve it. I'm just scared to do it" James gives them little smile.

"Oh boy.." Dongwoo and Eric doesn't need further explanation. They already know what he meant. "Do you want me to pour you a strong round?" Dongwoo asked him.

"Ani! Hyung just give the damn Nachos and Fries" James laughingly told him.

"You heard the problematic man, go go" Eric said to Dongwoo.

Dongwoo hurriedly make the order while Eric entertains the other customers at the bar. Couple of minutes later, Dongwoo serves the platter of Nachos and Fries to James.

"Hyung I said I'm not drinking" James told him and pushes the mug away.

"Relax it's just a root beer" Dongwoo pushed the mug back to James. "It's on me" he added.

"Oh, gomawo" James started eating.

Dongwoo and Eric continue to talk to James about his problem. All while they're still serving the other customers. James openly talked about it to them, but with limited information and also without mentioning any names.

About 20 minutes in, someone approaches the bar while the three of them are still talking. The woman takes the seat besides James. Dongwoo's eyes got bigger like he had seen a ghost.

"Yah.." the woman softly said while looking at James.

.

.

.

Meanwhile at S.M. Building..

"Heechul-ah~"

Heechul looks behind him to see who is calling his name. "oh, Leeteuk, what's up"

"Are you leaving already?" Leeteuk caught up to him and asked.

"Yeah. I'm having dinner with Dambi" Heechul replied. "What do you need?"

"Can I have James' number?" Leeteuk wants to get the phone number of James.

"Sure.." Heechul pulls out his phone then forwards James' number to Leeteuk.

"Gomawo" Leeteuk saves the number.

"Why do you need his number?" Heechul asked.

"I'm going to see if he is interested to be in 'I Can See Your Voice' next season." Leeteuk explains.

"Oh jinjja? But he is not a singer" Heechul told him.

"Yeah, but yesterday we had the show's season ending party and at one point Sangmin hyung suggested that we should try James to be part of the Tone-deaf detective team since he did voice impressions in his stand up. Then I back it up because I think it's a great idea" Leeteuk explained.

"That makes sense. I think he will be interested. You guys will be there to help him out in the show" Heechul commented.

"Exactly, Sangmin hyung is there and he is also close with Doyeon-ssi" Leeteuk added.

"Just a warning, if he finally get comfortable in the show, you will feel like I'm in there too. You know how he roast JYP. I trained him!" Heechul winked at him and then laughed.

"That's what I'm afraid of.." Leeteuk just laughed with him. "but that would be good for the show" he added.

"Araseo~ I'll get going now. Let me know if he accepts it" Heechul pressed the elevator and went inside.

"Okay. Send my regards to Dambi" Leeteuk says goodbye to him.

.

.

.

Back at Happy Seoul Club..

James looked to his side and saw the woman sitting beside him.

"Yuna noona?!" James is surprised to see Yuna. "What are you doing here?" he then asked her.

"I met my college friends here. I was about to leave when I saw you sitting here. So here I am.." Yuna explained.

"I see" James mutters.

..

Then Yuna's and Dongwoo's eyes met..

"Hey~" Yuna shyly smiled to him.

"H-Hey~" Dongwoo also shyly smiling at her. It was followed by an awkward silence.

James is about to take another piece of fries into his mouth but stopped and looked at the two of them. Eric is in the same state as James, he is just standing there awkwardly waiting if one of them will engage into another conversation.

"I think I should move to another seat" James stood up and slides his platter two seats away from them. He still wanted to hear if they will talk to each other.

"Be right there!" Eric pretend that he heard a customer is calling him.

Yuna and Dongwoo gets more uncomfortable and shy with each other. They can't even look straight to each other.

"uh.. w-what can I get for you?" Dongwoo shyly asked her.

"Just a glass of... uh, margarita~" Yuna replied.

"S-sure" Dongwoo proceed to make the margarita in front of her.

There is still have an awkward silence between them. Yuna is just watching Dongwoo makes her drink but she turns away sometimes. Then she got a glance of someone looking at them, she then looked again to that direction and saw James is just looking at them like he was judging them while eating his Nachos and Fries.

Yuna almost burst into laughter when she saw James' judging face. She bit her lips hard to hold her laughter and looked away from James.

"Here.." Dongwoo serve the margarita to Yuna.

"Kamsahamnida~" Yuna thanked him and take a sip. The awkward silence between them continues.

..

"Yah. What's the matter with them?" Eric moved to James' side and asked him in low tone.

"They went out once. Then after that, woosh they didn't see each other. I think this is the first time they see each other after that" James explained to Eric.

"jinjja? But why?"

James signals Eric to come closer, "Yuna noona wasn't ready for a relationship" he whispered.

"Oh, so Dongwoo distanced himself after that, is that it?" Eric asks and James just give him a nod.

"W-What time is the end of your shift?" Yuna suddenly speaks. It surprises Dongwoo that he wasn't able to reply quickly. James and Eric instantly looked to their direction when they heard Yuna speaking.

"Uh.. I-I still have one hour left. W-why'd you ask?" Dongwoo ask her why.

"Do you want to grab some coffee later?" Yuna took up all the courage to ask him.

"T-that will be great but if I drink coffee this late I will be up all night" Dongwoo replied.

On the side James and Eric facepalmed themselves after they heard Dongwoo's response.

"Ahem~ Decaf, dumbass.." James pretends to cough.

"I-I mean I would love to!" Dongwoo immediately said to Yuna.

"Great~" Yuna can't help but to laugh a little.

"Go on. I can take it from here" Eric is telling Dongwoo he can end his shift now.

"But hyung.."

"Just go. Are you really planning to make this lovely lady wait for an hour?" Eric told him.

"Araseo~ K-Kamsahaminda hyung~ You too James, gomawo!!" Dongwoo didn't waste any time and he quickly went to the lockers to change and get his stuff.

"Hurry!" James yelled at Dongwoo.

..

..

"Noona you don't have work today? It's rare to see you out of the office this early" James is now talking to Yuna while they wait for Dongwoo outside of the club.

"Actually, I resigned. It was my last day yesterday" Yuna reveals that she is no longer working at JTBC.

"Eh? Noona why? Is something happen?" James is shocked to hear that.

"Relax, nothing bad happen. I just want to find a job which have less stress" Yuna explains.

"Yeah, you always got out from your office really late" James understands Yuna's resignation.

"So where are you going to work next?" James asked her.

"I don't know, but I'm already getting emails from different companies" Yuna replied.

"Hold on.." an idea popped inside James' head. "Noona, are you free tomorrow?"

"Well I'm unemployed now, so I'm gonna say yes" Yuna chuckles. "Why?"

"Come with me tomorrow, there might be something that you will be interested in.." James said to her.

"Sure why not.." Yuna replied.

..

Minutes later Yuna and Dongwoo left together to grab some coffee. While James took the bus and went home. Later that night he received the call from Leeteuk, asking him if he is interested to be in the show 'I Can See Your Voice' for a couple of episodes as part of the Tone-deaf detective team. James gladly accepts the invite. He is very excited and nervous at the same time for that opportunity.

..

The next morning, James received another call that will surely have an effect to his career.

"Yeoboseyo~" James answers the call. He have no idea who the caller is because it's just a number.

"annyeonghaseyo~ Is this James L/N?" the caller asks. It is a voice of a woman.

"Yes this is James. May I know who this is?" James politely asks the identity of the unknown caller.

"It's IU.." The caller is South Korea's little sister and one of the biggest soloist/artist in the Kpop World.

"EH?! IU???" James almost drops his phone. "You mean, Lee Ji-eun?" he cannot believe that he is talking to IU on the phone.

"Yes, it's me.. Lee Ji-eun" IU giggled.

"Omo! a-a-annyeonghaseyo~" James is now shaking and cannot believe what is happening this morning.

"Are you busy? Am I disturbing?" IU kindly checks on him.

"A-aniyo~ I-I'm just in my apartment" James replied, his voice is clearly shaking. "H-how did you get my number?" he asked her politely

"I asked for your number from Heechul oppa" IU explained.

"Oh, I see. W-what can I do for you Ms. IU?" James asked the superstar.

"Are busy tomorrow? I would like to invite you over for dinner. I wanted to meet you personally and I also have something to discuss with you" IU invited him for dinner to meet each other personally.

"D-Dinner? T-Tomorrow? Sure. I would love to" James happily accepts her invite.

"Great! Kamsahamnida~ So I'll see you tomorrow then" IU thanked him.

"Y-Yes, I'll see you tomorrow Ms. IU",

"I'll message you later the address. Annyeong!" IU said goodbye and ended the call.

..

"What the hell...." James exclaimed. Something about that call feels unreal. IU wanted to meet him in person. He would have never imagined that someone like IU will call and ask to meet him. But for the record, James never imagined anything that is happening to him since the moment he set foot in South Korea will be possible.

.

.

.

.

The next day..

UAA had finally announced to the public that Song HyeKyo and Song Joongki are officially engaged. The news easily became a hot topic not only in South Korea but all over Asia and other parts of the world. The recent announcement from the Power couple had made every media outlet to go frenzy. All are trying to get more information about the engagement and if there is already a date for the wedding.

That kinda affected James' life because everyone knows that he is close with the couple, so reporters and insiders are reaching out to him to see if he have any valuable information to tell about it. Fortunately UAA briefed him early, so James already knows what to tell and how much information he can share to the media.

.

James is now in the restaurant where he will be having dinner with IU. He surely knows that this has something to do with the episode of Twice in Knowing Brothers where he mentioned IU's name as he roasts JYP.., or at least he thinks that played a role why he is having this dinner. After several minutes of nervous and anxious waiting, IU has finally arrived.

James heart is starting to beat fast and he is feeling intense nervousness as he watch IU walking towards him.

"Annyeonghaseyo~" IU bows and greets him first.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo~" James immediately stood up and bows deeply to the singer as he greets her back. He then saw that IU is reaching out her hand for a handshake. Even with all the nervousness he is feeling right at that moment, James still quickly holds IU's hand and gives a handshake to the singer.

"Nice to finally meet you!" IU said to him as she bows again.

"It's honor to meet you" James returns the favor and he bows deeper.

"Uh.. have a seat Ms. IU.." James let her to sit first while helping her to with seat.

"Aigoo.. kamsahamnida" IU giggles a little as she is surprised by James' chivalrous gesture.

With that, James now officially meet IU. One of the biggest star/celebrity in South Korea. 

"Thank you for meeting me" IU thanked him.

"No no, i-it's my pleasure to meet you Ms. IU" James politely said to her.

IU let out a laugh because James keeps on calling her Miss., "You can just call me noona".

"Oh.. uh, ye-yes noona.." James shyly calls her noona. "You went here alone?" he asked her.

"Ani.. my managers are on the different table" IU points to the direction where her managers are.

"Anyway let's order first.." IU told him and the two of them starts scanning the menu.

James cannot focus on the menu as he keeps glancing on IU's beautiful face. He can't help but to admire IU's light complexion and flawless skin that makes her untouched natural beauty stands out. He already admires her beauty before but now that he have seen her in person, she is even more beautiful.

"I'm done. How about you?" IU puts away the menu and looked at him.

James got startled and he just blurts out, "Burgers. uh yeah I'll just have burger".

IU is confused and she wanted to laugh, "but this is an Italian restaurant.."

"Oh.." James looked down at the menu again. He now just wanted to shrink or vanish out of embarrassment.

"Gwenchana?" IU now started laughing.

"mianhae~ hehe. I'm just shy and nervous. I just can't believe I'm sitting here with you~" James shyly admits and tell her the reason why he is phasing out.

"Don't be.. I'm getting shy too" IU giggled.

They then called the waitress and gives their order. While waiting for their food, IU interviewed James for a little bit, the casual getting to know phase, before bringing up the big thing she is going to offer to him.

"By the way, I have something to discuss with you. I want to get over this quickly so we can just talk afterwards.." IU wanted to get to the business part now so that she can start being friends with him.

"Sure.."

"The thing I want to discuss with you.. well actually it's more of an offer. To start, I will be releasing an album in September along side to my 9th anniversary. Then after that from November to December I will be having a concert tour for Palette and the upcoming album" IU explains the quick summary of it to James. "So, I was wondering if you are interested to be the host for the album promotions gatherings, fan meets, as well as in the concert tour.." IU is asking him to be part of her team, as a host.

"oh.. jinjjayo?" James is very much surprised by what IU is offering to him. IU just smile and nodded to him. "Sure, oh my god~ It would be an honor", James gladly accepted the offer.

"Yey! Kamsahamnida~" IU seems as happy as James. She is clapping her hands and have a big smile in her face.

"But noona.. w-why me?" James asks.

"You did well last year when you hosted BTS with their promotions. Then not everyone is doing this, where they are getting a host for the promotions and concert tours. I think it would be nice to be a little different" IU smilingly explained her reason. "Plus I think it will be fun" IU added and she giggles a little.

"Wow.. thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you" James is really grateful that IU acknowledge and trust him for that job.

"ani.. I should be the one thanking you" IU told him.

..

The dinner lasted for more than two hours as IU and James enjoyed spending those time over dinner as they easily became friends. They just continue to talk about their personal lives. By the end of the dinner James is still feeling a little shy around IU but it's fine since they officially become friends. And soon IU and James are bound to be closer as they are going to see each other again few days from now to finalized everything with their respective agencies about their team up.

.

.

.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 1 12
A girl coming back to her home country from her abusive parents with her three younger siblings. She meets up with some old friends that found a hous...
10.8K 749 15
❝Who on earth are you and what are you doing❞ ❝Uhm...Nothing but where am I?❞ I asked ❝Your obviously at my area here little one, duh❞ Y/n who seemed...
19.1K 966 15
Y/n, a college student was sent to a new world where not even Y/n can believe it, and transferred to a school full of magic. From living a normal lif...
51K 1.3K 11
After a Soju infused one night stand, Madison Lee knows she has made a mistake. Trusting that her sleeping suitor will get the message, she leaves hi...