Temptress: Cursed Blessing [B...

By Empress_A

[Ranked 2nd in #fanfiction out of 1.18M stories (09/29/2020)] Kei Yagami. Holder of a one-in-a-billion quirk... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54.5
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
S K Y
S T A R S
C I T Y . L I G H T S
M O O N
S U N
G R O U N D
H O M E
KEI YAGAMI'S NAME (ORIGIN)
THE "BEST" SPOTTED (2020)

54

4.5K 205 42
By Empress_A

Couple of days until the big day, Kei decides to stay undetected from the boys' radar, hanging mostly with her gals on breaks and camping in her room after the activities for the rest of the day. She also had her allure mostly shut down for majority of the day and occasionally so whenever one of her boy space friends approach her on resting time.

Provisional Licensing Exam Location: National Dagoba Arena

"Brat, wake up. We're already here," Aizawa lightly shakes the napping female with her head on his shoulder.

Kei lifts her eyelids, subsequently yawning by the chopped sleep.

"Are you feeling sick today?" Her guardian already noticed the unusual temperature on the very moment her head touched Aizawa's skin through the fabric. His eyes were a little uneasy by the slightly higher heat compared to his.

Kei just hums as she gets up. "Maybe because I'm on my period?" she blinks.

Aizawa just gazes worriedly at the female. He knows that she was hiding something but keeps quiet about it nonetheless. When everyone from Class A gets off the bus, the teacher approaches a certain grape-head to give his words, leaving Kei wondering a little bit farther from the group. She was about to move towards the entrance when she notices that her group was somehow stalling by the bus.

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will become chicks. You'll hatch into semi-pros. Do your best," he says to the class.

"Alright, I'll become a chick!" Denki declares.

Eijiro then chimes in "Let's all call out the usual! Ready, set—Plus..."

"...Ultra!" a stranger's voice booms from behind the two teens.

Startled, the class shoots their gazes to a bunch of students wearing white collared shirts and dark pants/skirts along with their blue and orange uniform hats.

"You shouldn't just barge in on other people's huddles, Inasa," one of the new faces side-comments.

"Oh, no!" says the tall and well-built young man with buzzed, dark brown hair and black eyes. He later digs a deep bow of apology to such extent of cracking the floor with his head. "I'm very, very sorry!"

Shook by his extreme gesture, a few UA students spectating start to chatter. Kei's ears were shut close afterwards, not really interested with the side comments but rather focused on a strong force emanating from the new group. She pins her gaze on the particularly edgy, over-enthusiastic male.

"I wanted to try saying it just once! Plus Ultra!" the said male declares. "I love UA High School! I am extremely honored to be able to compete against UA students! I'm looking forward to it!"

Kei grins at his boldness. As the newcomers pass by her, she approaches the bleeding man and hands him her white handkerchief. "I know red compliments you and all but you look more handsome when you're squeaky clean."

The male blushes slightly at her remark. "I'll treasure this gift to heart!" he eagerly takes the cloth with both hands and was just about to do another 180 bow when Kei grabs his shoulder in an attempt to stop further injuring himself. The male's eyes widen in fraction when Kei successfully halted his force. He shifts his demeanor into a stern one as he gazes down at the smirking female in front of her. "Kei Yagami from the sports festival right?"

"My, and who might this informed lad be?" Kei coos.

"Inasa!" someone from his school calls out to him as he was staying a bit behind the main pack.

"Ah, yes, coming!" he exclaims before returning to meet Kei's unwavering gaze. "I hope to see you later! Name's Inasa Yoarashi."

Meanwhile, Kei catches a familiar sensation from a certain caramel-haired lady who was smiling at her.

She was later distracted with a booming voice from afar, revealing a cheerful woman with sea-green hair that reaches just past her shoulders and dark green eyes with bright pupils. "Eraser? It's you, isn't it, Eraser?!" The called male's face slowly cringes at the familiar voice. "I've seen you on TV and at the sports festival, but it's been a while since I've seen you in person!" Aizawa's eyes twitch as the female approaches him. "Let's get married!"

"No," was Aizawa's quick retorts.

The female laughs it off. "No? Good one!"

Kei silently stares at the scene unfolding in front of her, mostly blocking their conversation but reading the light atmosphere between the two adults. The UA teacher starts to head in, glancing subtly at a certain student as he passes by her.

The class now blends in the murmuring crowd. The place cramped then quiets down upon sight of a tired-looking adult namely Mera from the Heroes Public Safety Commission mumbling stuff about not being able to sleep. "About the content of the provisional license thing, frankly all 1540 examinees here will have to win through free-for-all exercise. Our society is currently said to be saturated with heroes and ever since stain was arrested, many have shown doubts about the current state of heroes." Kei mostly skips the subjective comments and into the mechanics of the game. "The first 100 of you that fulfill the requirement will pass. The candidate will put three of these targets on their body," he says as he shows a circular metallic object. "They can go anywhere as long as it's a constantly exposed area. Places like beneath your feet or on your armpits are no good. You'll also carry six of these balls," he explains referring to the orange spherical things. "The targets are made so they only light up when hit by these balls. If all three of your targets are lit up, you're out. The one who lights up your third target is the one that officially defeated you. You'll get through this round by defeating two people. That's it for the rules. We'll start one minute after you get your items."

Right after his remark, the orientation area opens in a fashion similar to a surprise box, revealing different terrains surrounding the area. As soon as the event marks its start, Kei steps past Izuku. "I'll go solo on this round, Izu. Do your best on your conquest~"

Izuku just stares at her back as she fades away from the mob.

The alarm beeps, followed by a systematic voice from the speaker. "First test, start."

"Ara ~" Kei muses with a smirk plastered on her face as she stands on top of a tall, pointed boulder mounted on an empty dry land. "You lot are into gang bang huh ~" she says, eyeing down on the mob approaching her from every direction. She waits for them to gather on one point before soaring at the sky. With an acceptable altitude, she twirls speedily in a tornado-like motion with a gradually increasing momentum and combusts into wild flames, creating a whirlwind of white flames trapping the majority of the enemies inside. She carries on for a couple more minutes before descending from her position. She walks in the unconscious, sweating group and tags her balls into the required number of victims. Her targets glow bluish-green, making her smile in satisfaction. "I hope you all didn't get heat stroke ~" she hums as she flies towards the waiting area.

As she opens the door, she spots a gleeful male, "Oh! You're here early!" he waves, approaching the female.

Kei inhales sharply, expecting a loud conversation ahead. She nevertheless beams as she walks to meet the guy half-way. "I could say the same. I like your costume by the way!" she says, ravaging her eyes to the male's dignified outfit.

"I like you too!" Inasa asserts enthusiastically but later pauses upon realizing his statement. "I mean I like yours too!"

Kei giggles at his statement. A while after, Inasa leads the conversation, sharing about the things he likes and his passion about heroics. At the half passing mark, Kei's eyes wander into familiar heterochromatic hues who just entered the room. The Shiketsu student notices this and darts his gaze to the UA student, almost giving him a glare. As soon as other Shiketsu students appear, Inasa gets separated from Kei. The female teen once again blends in the crowd and out of Shoto's keen eyes. From a corner, she quietly observes the people surrounding her, including the newcomers.

At the 100 people mark, the passers were shown city wreckage through explosions of infrastructures. "The next exam will be the final one. We will have you all undertake rescue exercises as bystanders in this disaster site," the announcer says through the speaker.

Kei sighs, knowing her probable situation ahead. She has never done any rescue drills before.

The screen flashes live action of people in the scene. "They are the people who have undergone training to be professional people-in-need-of-rescue and are in high demand right now, the Help Us Company! The HUC have dressed up as injured civilians and are on standby throughout the disaster site. We will now have you all carry out their rescue. In addition, we will score your rescue based on points and if you have more points than the benchmark at the end of the exercises then you pass."

To stir clear from Class A, Kei goes to the bathroom. She runs the sink with cold water and washes her face with it, trying to lower her heating skin. She stays there for a moment, contemplating on things that transpired on the recent event. She then steps in the waiting room, just in time for the alarm to ring.

"Villains have begun a large-scale terrorist attack! This is occurring in all areas of City Name. Due to buildings collapsing, there are many injured." The room's walls start to open up. "Due to heavily damaged roads, the first group of rescue workers has been delayed! Until they arrive, the heroes in the area will lead the rescue efforts. Save as many lives as you can. Well then...start!"

Kei soars up, surveying the area. She spots familiar faces spreading to widen their scope of rescue. On the ground, she sees the area being flattened out and prepared for evacuation. She then searches for a target and focuses on a certain child-like human crying for help in the open. She lands softly near the said boy. "Hey there little thing," she says in a calm voice as she leans to his level, "are you hurt?"

The man-child pauses for a moment, as if on trance, before shaking off and resuming his cries. "I think my hand broke!"

Kei hums, not entirely sure how to do make-shift first aid materials as she probably burned her utility bag during the first phase. She flashes a sincere smile and carefully reaches for his hand. She gently brushes her lips on it and whispers her chant afterwards, "Everything's going to be alright."

The 'kid' blushes for a second before blurting out, "Minus points! You're not supposed to seduce—ahem." He ponders for a moment, recalling his job, "My hand is broken, at least confirm it!"

Kei chuckles at this remark. "Sorry, I guess." She carries the child to her arms as her wings sprout. "Have you seen any other victims around?"

"No," the child briefly replies.

Midair, Kei felt something weird instantly invading her senses. To her, the world became spiral, spinning so violently as her temples pound aggressively. She could feel her consciousness slipping by her grasp and her wings failing magnificently.

Then darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 3.3K 73
。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。 ⊱ 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚋 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 �...
7K 253 25
Kosuke Adachi is driven by his desire to become the world's top hero. But when those from his past reappear, his carefully laid plans are put in jeop...
5.5K 159 9
"𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶" "𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘔𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘐 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘠𝘰𝘶." "𝘏𝘮?" "𝘐 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭...
2.3M 86.7K 55
"I'm a bad person. Does that make a difference?" - Meeting someone who was severely injured in the pouring rain wasn't what Y/N expected when she l...