Then and Now: A Harry Styles...

By musicluva4eva

It was just supposed to be a simple, harmless lunch date, to catch up with an old friend. But when that old f... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Six

26.5K 331 56
By musicluva4eva

New cover for the story! Like or Loathe? xx

____________________________________________________________

Part One

I woke up enveloped in my boyfriend’s strong arms. I sighed happily, snuggling closer to his warm body, begging for sleep to take me again. I didn’t ever want to move out of this position. I closed my eyes tightly, but nothing happened, and I accepted that all hopes of falling back asleep were gone.

I turned onto my side a bit, causing Harry to pull me closer. I stared at the peaceful expression on his face, seeing the boy I had met at the X Factor auditions all those years ago in his features. He would always be that boy to me, he’d always be just Harry. In his sleep, he looked at peace, like he had no problems and he was just a teenage boy working in a bakery trying to figure out what he wanted to do with his life.

I glanced at the time, seeing it was 8:30, which meant Harry was needed in a little less than an hour to meet with management and I had to get back to my room to get ready for my girls day with Lily. She’d taken the liberty to book us in at a well-known spa for ten o’clock and after that we’d go shopping wherever we wanted to. I was looking forward to it; it had been too long since I’d had some serious girl talk. Also, Tom and Lou would probably be coming by soon to pick up Lux, who was magically still sleeping.

“Harry? Time to wake up love.” I whispered into his ear.

“Mhhm.” Was all he replied with, his grip tightening around my waist.

“You have a meeting in an hour Haz, it’s time to get up.” I said, but sighed when he failed to awaken.

“Harry?” I whispered again, placing a kiss on the corner of his face.

“Jen?” his deep, husky morning voice finally replied.

“Good morning.” I replied, finally pulling myself up and out of his muscular arms. I felt cold.

“Good morning to you as well. What time is it?”

“8:30-ish.”

“I have a meeting soon.”

“That’s what I was saying.”

“Oh. Did Lou and Tom come by as yet?” He asked, sitting up.

“Nope.” I replied, running my fingers through my hair.

“Is Lux up yet?”

“No.”

“Good.” He said, before pulling me back into his arms and kissing me soundly.

His mouth assaulted mine, and he pressed my back against the headboard as I tangled my fingers in his messy hair. I sighed, as his kisses became less demanding, but still ever so passionate. I didn’t want to pull back, but I did, remembering that there was a baby a few feet away from us and we both had to get ready.

“Harry?” I asked as his mouth detached from mine and started skimming down parts of my neck.

“Mhm?”

“There’s a baby a few feet away from us,” I arched my neck unconsciously, allowing his lips more room, “and you have a meeting with your management in an hour. We need to get ready.”

“Damn it.” Harry said, his breath hot against my neck, “I hate meetings.”

“I do too.” I said chuckling, before I straightened my hair once again and heaved myself out of the bed.

XXX

Tom had dropped by to pick up a still sleeping Lux just as I was preparing to leave and run back to my room. Lux had awoken and had sleepily said goodbye to both me and Harry, giving us tired waves. I had left right after them, taking a moment to press a kiss to Harry’s cheek before rushing up to me room.

“Fun night?” Lily asked when I entered, her eyebrow raised.

“Shut it.” I rolled my eyes at her.

Lily chuckled, “Be ready to leave in twenty minutes; we need to be there by ten.”

“I know!” I said to her as I grabbed some clothes and ran into the bathroom.

I dashed through my morning routine, washing my body and brushing my teeth. I pulled on a casual outfit for the day—printed leggings with a long top and chunky heels. I was ready after nineteen minutes and Lily smiled.

“Right on time! Let’s go! There’s a taxi waiting by the back entrance. They cleared the girls out yesterday evening.” Lily said, dragging me to the elevator.

We hustled down to the back entrance, where, as expected, a taxi was waiting. I could hear the screaming from the front of the hotel.

“Where to?” the driver asked.

Lily rattled off an address that I didn’t pay attention to, and the driver pulled out of the hotel parking lot immediately. We passed the hoards of screaming girls, who attacked the car, hoping that one of the boys were in there.  They were disappointed when they realized it was just us in the car. We were at the spa just in time for our appointments, and we were ushered into the change rooms so we could change into the robes and start the session.

“So you’ll both be starting with a Brazilian wax, then you’ll be moving onto a full body scrub. You’ll have a facial and then move onto our salon where you’ll get the full works.” The attendant said as she escorted us to separate rooms.

“I’ll see you later!” Lily said, and I waved back and disappeared into the dimly lit room.

XXX

My body hurt. I couldn’t deny that. Even though all the tiny hairs on my body were gone and my skin felt as smooth as glass, it hurt like hell. I was rubbing a spot on my arm that hurt particularly more than the rest of my body, when I saw Lily coming towards me, looking revitalized.

“That was fun!” Lily exclaimed excitedly.

“It hurt.” I replied.

“Beauty is pain.” Lily said, flipping her hair and skipping towards the salon.

I hurried after her, wincing, and we arrived at the salon and were shown to hair stations next to each other. I smiled at the hairdresser, and she immediately started talking to me about what hairstyle I wanted. I didn’t particularly want to change my hair too much, but decided on layers and highlights to brighten up my hair; nothing too big.

“You have very nice hair,” the hairdresser, Elisa, said as she washed it. 

“Thank you.” I replied, my eyes closed.

I didn’t say too much as she cut my hair and coloured it. I was enjoying not talking for a bit, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to shut up when I was shopping with Lily later.

“All done!” Elisa said, and I opened my eyes to stare at the mirror.

I didn’t look too different, but I did look revitalized. The cut of my hair added a flirty flare that I liked.  The highlights were a couple shades lighter than my normal chocolate brown shade and looked fabulous, in my opinion. I shook my head a bit and ran my fingers through my hair, smiling.

“This is great! Thank you so much!” I exclaimed.

“No problem dear!” she replied, motioning me over to the nail station.

Lily was already sitting down next to me, getting her nails painted a nice peach colour. She turned to me and her eyes widened.

“Oh. My. God.” She said, “You look amazing! Harry’s going to be drooling!”

I blushed, and decided to sit down without responding. I quickly picked a bright reddish-pink colour to go with my French manicure, and let the nail attendant start.

“Where are we going after this?” I asked Lily.

“We’ll head to Rockefeller Centre to go shopping and have lunch, and then we’ll just walk around and go window shopping on Fifth Avenue before heading back to the hotel.” Lily said.

“Sounds great.” I said, and closed my eyes again and let myself be pampered.

I decided to cut this chapter in half because it would just be too long as one chapter and I really wanted to get something out to thank you guys for 210K reads! That pushes TaN into those bright red numbers, and I’m so so so happy! Thank you all for supporting this story! The best has yet to come and there will be some bumps in the road for Harry and Jenna!

Q:  Are you happy with who won X Factor UK?

A: I’m so happy for James! I love him so so so much! He totally deserves it and I can’t wait to be able to buy his music because he’s amazing! Jahmene is fabulous as well and he’ll do well! I still don’t understand why Christopher was in the final he’s terrible and really can’t sing, Union J or Ella should’ve have been there in his place.

CG: 50 votes and 35 comments?

~Shaki

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 123K 130
@harrystyles liked your post @harrystyles commented on your post @harrystyles started following you |#1 in fanfiction| read at own risk *** written...
9K 112 48
Hey I'm Emma, see I just moved from Canada, all the way to London, yeah London as in the UK, with my two best friends, hoping for a new life and a ne...
424 46 30
You made me see the dark- lights, the stars- shine and the moon- smiles, don't leave me!
2.3K 31 20
It was a chance meeting and now he's become a permanent part of Michelle's life. She doesn't know how to separate his crazy career from the boy she...