Slow Down | ✓

By MIDNXGHTSUN

[ COMPLETED ] Elijah West and Aliyah Pryce have something in common: They have both been hurt before. Aliya... More

𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍
00. PROLOGUE
01. TORTURE
02. TIPSY
03. HANGOVER
04. ONE-NIGHT STAND
05. MELT-ON-THE-TONGUE TYPE
06. MEMORIES
07. BRIGHT BLUE EYES
08. BROTHER-IN-LAW
09. REBOUND
10. FRIENDS
11. CHICKEN SCRAWL
12. DIFFERENT
13. OUT LIKE A LIGHT
14. THEIR THING
15. OUT OF HER LEAGUE
16. NOTHING ELSE
17. PORNSTAR
18. NEW GUEST
19. SOFTBALL TEAM
20. RHYTHM
21. CHIPMUNK CHEEKS
22. DIRTY HANDS
23. SENATOR WEST
24. SPOILED
25. AT LAST
26. PIGGY BACK RIDE
27. HOPEFUL
28. DINNER IN THE PARK
29. HOT SOUP
30. BREATHE
31. BY MY SIDE
32. SILENCE
33. LIMBO
34. DRESSED LIKE A HOE
35. ANNOYINGLY PERFECT
36. NATURAL
37. THE BONE MAN
38. HAPPY DAY
39. COMMITTED
40. SAVING KITTENS
41. SHARK OF A WOMAN
42. EMBARRASSING
43. DON'T SAY ANYTHING
44. BE HUMBLE
45. FUNNEL CAKE
⚠️ 46. PLEASE ⚠️
⚠️ 47. NO CLUE ⚠️
48. MAKES SENSE
49. REHEARSAL DINNER
50. BIRTHDAY BITCH
51. SEVEN CARAT
52. SWEET SPOT
53. WHY
54. BIGGER, BETTER THINGS
55. THE FAVORITE
56. YOUR PRESENCE
57. RING ON HERE
58. A MOTHER'S TOUCH
59. HOT CHOCOLATE
60. WARM COFFEE
61. PANERA BREAD
62. NEGATIVE
63. READY WHENEVER YOU ARE
64. HOME
65. DR. BLUE EYES
66. HAUNTED HOSPITALS
67. AIRPLANE MODE
68. RIVER
70. FOOT FETISH
71. PANCAKES & KICKS
72. CRY BABY
73. SKINNY ASS KNEECAPS
74. MORE THAN THAT
75. TAKE CARE
76. BURY A BODY
77. MARK YOUR CALENDAR
78. ALL BE WORTH IT
79. TWO WEEKS AWAY
80. BABY WEST
81. I DO
82. THE OTHER TWO
83. DATE NIGHT
84. LIFELINE
85. LOST WITHOUT YOU || the end

69. HEAVY SNOW

27K 1.6K 220
By MIDNXGHTSUN

69. HEAVY SNOW

THE SOUND OF HEAVY SNOW beating against the couple's bedroom window is what makes Aliyah stir from her deep sleep. Her hand is tucked under her pillow — her bones release a resounding pop at the new movement after being in one position for hours.

She wasn't that big yet that she couldn't sleep on her stomach — damn, this is the most comfortable she's slept in a while anyway. A small smile unfolds on her face as she watches the snow pelt down.

Charlotte is usually known for snow not sticking — but Aliyah couldn't help but hold out hope that it would this year. It's late March so it's not completely impossible.

She has the urge to say 'fuck it' and stay in bed all day, but unfortunately, work beckons. Aliyah whips her head around slowly to face her boyfriend, a bright smile growing on her face as she takes in his asleep nature. His face is relaxed — very different from the furrowed eyebrows and wrinkled forehead that seems to be a permanent face for him.

Leaning closer, Aliyah plants a kiss on the corner of his mouth before rolling out of her side of the bed and approaching the open blinds.

Staring at the snow just made her want to roll back into bed and not open her eyes for a couple more hours. Lucky for Elijah, he has the day off.

However, later, both of them are going to be busy with Hally and Maddox's bachelor and bachelorette party/baby shower. Aliyah can't believe her cousin's about to be a married woman in less than a month.

Propping her hands on her hips, she stretches backward, her back popping. Damn.

Before Elijah can wake up and coax her back into bed, the woman takes a quick shower and changes into her work clothes. She packs a bag with her clothes to sleepover at Hally's place.

With her teeth brushed and a cherry blossom scent floating off her, the woman bends and presses sweet kisses all over her boyfriend's face. He stirs before opening his eyes and meeting hers.

She kisses his lips and pulls away, only for him to take control and pull her back into his touch. The kiss is affectionate and loving.

He pecks her lips again, "Good morning."

"Good morning, baby." She greets him before straightening her back, "I gotta go to work."

"Noo," Elijah whines, "Don't leave meh."

Aliyah busts out laughing at the accent he puts on his voice, "Boy, if you don't —"

"Don't leave meh!" He takes a hold of her widening hips and tugs her onto the bed beside him. She can't stop the laugh that bubbles out of her, Elijah reciprocating at the sight of her happiness.

"I'm for real, Elijah," She tells him, still laughing, "I gotta go before I'm late. I have a meeting with some caterers."

"Five minutes," He whispers, seductively, his lips finding their way to her neck, "I promise. Five minutes and I can make you feel so good."

Aliyah's tempted but, "I just showered."

Elijah runs a hand down her back to grab and squeeze her ass, earning a moan from the woman in return, "So?"

He licks a strip on her neck before planting an open-mouthed kiss on the same area. The wedding planner runs a hand over the back of his head, her eyes closed and breathing becoming rushed. Elijah kisses back up her throat before coming face to face with her.

Aliyah can't help the laugh that escapes her at how well Elijah is at persuasion. The butterflies are going crazy in her belly and even if she had strong will-power, which she does, she doesn't think she could stop herself from falling under his spell.

"I hate you," She laughs as he smiles widely.

"You say the exact opposite whenever my mouth is right here." The hand that was on her ass moves to her front, cupping her crotch.

Completely spent, Aliyah wraps her arms around his neck and closes the space between them, the two in throes of passion as the snow sticks to the ground outside.

NOT SURPRISINGLY, ALIYAH came three times in five minutes — yeah, she timed it and everything. Elijah's just that talented. A day of meeting with caterers and negotiating vendor contracts for a new set of clients went by just as quickly as it began.

Currently, she's sat in her car on her way to Hally and Maddox's place, singing out loud to some Meg the Stallion. Of course that doesn't last long before her music is cut off by the sound of her phone blasting it's ring tone.

She was about to ignore it but at the sight of Elijah's number on her car screen, she presses the green button.

"Is there a reason your brother texted me asking for the house code?" It seemed Elijah was on the road with his windows down because she could hear the wind blowing into his car.

Aliyah furrows her eyebrows, "Are you reading while driving? I told you to stop doing that."

Elijah chuckles at her priorities, "Alright, baby, I'm sorry, but Kyree asked me for the code. He said he texted you, but I guess you didn't answer because you're driving."

"Ya damn right," She tells him as she stops at a red light. Taking the chance, she grabs her phone from the cup holder and checks her notifications. As he said, Kyree texted her. "Did he tell you why?"

"Well, you told me not to check my phone so I can't really do that, can I?" Elijah teases. Aliyah kisses her teeth in amusement, "Want me to call him or you got it?"

Aliyah sighs as she contemplates, "I'll call him."

"Alright," Elijah whistles lowly, "Love you."

"Love you too, baby."

When they hang up, Aliyah allows herself to think of what the hell Kyree has gotten himself into now...

lmfaoooo why y'all think kyree at the house? whoever gets it, gets $263748473849595 but you gotta pay me back w 365% interest

also, don't y'all just LOVE elijah and kyrees bromanceeee????

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 211 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
330K 10.9K 87
BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent for bringing anything to life on a blan...
33.3K 2K 31
Hyacinthe Claiborne is simple. She's an introvert, a foodie, and can't go a day without reading a good book. But between classes and daily naps, she'...
3.1K 339 38
He'd gone beyond his player ways for her. She'd grown beyond her traumatic past for him. Together, their love was beyond. Until one fatal accident. _...