𝐮𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 ‧ haikyuu

By VENUSTAR-R

in which the karasuno boys encounter a mysterious girl working in their coach's convenience store, only to fi... More

𝐔𝐊𝐀𝐈 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 ‒ ♡
♡ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 ♡
♡ 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐰𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝟐𝐚𝐦 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐨𝐛𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐬𝐚𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 ♡
♡ 𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐮𝐤𝐚𝐢𝐬 (𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐨𝐡 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟎𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐛𝐨𝐛𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝- ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐠 ♡
♡ 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 ♡
♡ 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩 ♡
♡ 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐛𝐚𝐫-𝐛𝐞-𝐪𝐮𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 ♡
♡ 𝐀𝐒𝐌𝐑 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬... 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞? ♡
♡ 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐤𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐮𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐮𝐤𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐮𝐫𝐢 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧) ♡
♡ 𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 ♡
𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ‒ ♡
𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢
𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐡𝐢
𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢
𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐢
𝐤𝐢𝐲𝐨𝐤𝐨
𝐨𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐰𝐚
𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢
𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚
𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐮
𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐚
𝐅𝐈𝐍 ‒ ♡

♡ 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 ♡

38.5K 1.3K 3.1K
By VENUSTAR-R

𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞
1.3

"Bye pa!" (Y/N) smiled, waving to her dad as she left the store Sunday morning, "See you this afternoon!"

Her dad, who was seated at the counter, looked up from his magazine, a brow raised at the young girl, "This afternoon? I'll only be back by nightfall,"

"I met some of the boys. They invited me to practice," She tried to leave again, but the older Ukai was quick to ask her yet another question. The thing about living in Tokyo, especially with her mom at work half the time, was that there were no protective fathers. Not that she didn't mind. It was nice to have her dad present in her life, even if it meant stricter limits when it came to the oPpOsItE gEnDEr. Little did he know that he should've worried about girls too. (YES (Y/N)'S A BI QUEEN. DON'T LIKE IT? LEAVE ✋🙄) 

"Why're you going? They're- They're boys." He frowned.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, laughing as she turned to face her dad, "Yes, dad. I know that. It's just... I need to live life a little, ya know? I can't do that with mom constantly breathing down my neck."

(Y/N) had always been quite a hard worker. And she let that get in the way of the other aspects of her life. So, this summer, she decided she wouldn't let it get in the way of anything. Well, that was the plan of course.

At the mention of his daughter's mother, his eye twitched slightly. Not that he hated her, but yes, he hated her. 

He also hated how she would have to come in contact with his... trainees, but seeing her reasoning behind it, he had to let her. It wouldn't hurt, right? He could just keep a close eye on her. 

"Fine. See you this afternoon." He sighed defeatedly. 

"Yay!" She squealed, though she would've shown up anyway- "Byeee~"

"Stay safe," He grumbled, watching her close the door behind her. Once he knew she couldn't see him, he grinned, taking a cigarette out of the packet in his jacket pocket. She hated seeing him smoke, but he didn't fail to notice the missing cigarettes every now and then. 

He couldn't blame her. But, "Hypocrite," He mumbled, lighting the thing.

As (Y/N) began her walk to Shiratorizawa, where orientation for the summer program was held, her phone started ringing. Sliding it out of her pocket, her face brightened at the caller id. Pressing the green button, she held her phone to her ear, "Bokuto!"

"Whaaaa! You guys talked to her without us!?" A sad-looking Hinata pouted.

Suga started unbuttoning his school shirt, giving the younger boy an apologetic look, "Well, she said she'd probably come over today, so you'll get to meet her,"

Asahi had been awfully quiet, the slightest blush dusting his cheeks as he slid on a plain white t-shirt. Last night when he got home, he had been in a daze, laying on his bed for hours just staring at the ceiling before he finally drifted off to sleep. 

"She's really sweet," Daichi informed, remembering how kind she was, offering them popsicles and everything. 

"And hot..." A love-struck Tanaka mumbled.

Tsukki rolled his eyes, ready to exit the club room, "One pretty girl gives you the tiniest amount of attention and suddenly it's like cupid came in and shot everyone,"

"So you agree she's pretty?" Nishinoya smirked up at the giraffe.

Caught in the act, he just tch'd and walked away, not daring to face anyone in case he had tainted cheeks. 

"How old is she? A second-year? First, maybe?" Hinata questioned, bouncing around the room.

Suga opened his mouth to say he didn't know, but Asahi, who had barely uttered a word, beat him to it. "She's seventeen."

The others looked at him.

"And how would you know that, Asahi?" Suga smirked, though he was jealous. Jealous of the girl he had barely talked to? Maybe. 

Asahi stuttered nervously, scratching the back of his head as he blushed, "W- well- she, uh, walked- we walked to the post office- together, uh, last night,"

"No fair! He got more time than all of us with her," Tanaka whined. 

Daichi chuckled, lightly shoving the giant man as he passed to leave the room, "Lucky you," As he reached the door, he turned to face the others, "There's plenty of time to get to know (Y/N)-chan, but... I'm sure she'll pick me," And he like that, he burst out running towards the gym.

A girl with (H/C) hair peeked around the corner of the door, smiling as she recognized a few faces. Now knowing that she was in the right place, she showed herself fully, leaning on the door frame to switch out her shoes. She had gathered quite a bit of attention very quickly.

"(Y/N)!" Daichi greeted, stopping to catch the ball that someone was serving at him. 

He was about to take a step forwards when Coach Ukai yelled, "Finish your serves first!" To which Dachi nodded and served the ball he had just caught with a newfound determination. The other boys also quickened their pace.

(Y/N) laughed lightly, shaking her head as she made her way over to her dad, crossing her arms as she stood next to him. "So this is Karasuno's volleyball team, huh?"

Coach Ukai smirked slightly, "Yeah. We're no Fukurodani but we're good," He turned to face the girl who was watching them practice with interest, "So how was orientation?"

The corner of (Y/N)'s lip perked up as she recalled the day's previous events, "It was really good. I got a glance at the volleyball team and," She whistled, shuddering as she practically heard the loud boom of their ace as he hit the ball. 

Ukai grimaced, "Yeah, I know. We'll probably go against them if we beat Aoba Johsai in the semi-finals of the prelims."

The younger girl racked her memory for the name, her eyes lighting up as she remembered a certain someone on TV, "The 'If you're gonna hit it, hit it till it breaks' guy?"

He let out a small chuckle, nodding, "We have a practice match against them in a couple of weeks. See if you can come, kay?"

She squinted her eyes at the taller male, "What happened to 'bUt TheY'Re bOyS'?"

He smacked her lightly on the back of her head, "Just be grateful I'm letting you talk to them,"

Although he was her father, they never had such a formal relationship. They teased and borderline bullied each other, but the relationship they had formed over the course of sixteen years was stronger than most father-daughter bonds. The older Ukai had learned to love the young girl that visited him during most holidays more than anything. 

"Right!" He yelled towards the boys who were slowly getting impatient. "(Y/N) can join Kageyama, Hinata, Daichi, Kinoshita and Ennoshita on this side," He pointed to his right, "And on this side, we'll have Sugawara, Asahi, Nishinoya, Tsukkishima, Tanaka and Yamaguchi, okay? It's just a quick practice match so it doesn't really matter."

(NARITA FINNA SAID I'M A HALLUCINATION HSUAJJSNJAJ. also im sorry if i forget about the second-years sometimes i love them to death but they're pretty irrelevant 💀💀💀)

(Y/N) hesitantly dropped her purse that she carried on the floor, making her way over to the boys that had now split into two.

"Hi, (Y/N)-san!" An energetic boy with bright orange hair smiled up (or down) at her, the corner of his eyes crinkling. Immediately, (Y/N) pinpointed him as something she just had to protect. Like a small puppy, in a way. "I'm Hinata Shoyo!"

She grinned, "It's nice to meet you, Hinata!" SHE WANTED TO ENVELOP HIM IN A HUG AND SQUEEZE THE LIVING SUNSHINE OUT OF HIM-

Little did she know that that same very boy was not a holy as everyone thought him out to be 😔😔-

She looked up from the small mandarin, now gazing upon the other first-year in her team. A tall boy with black hair and blueberry eyes stared down at her. He was intimidating, yet oddly cute. She couldn't quite place her finger of which one of the two he was. 

Realization dawned on her as she thought about where she recognized him from, her mouth left agape once she connected the dots between the young scary boy on TV and the tall, innocent looking one in front of her, "Aren't you-"

"Kageyama Tobio," He bowed slightly, mainly to hide his pink cheeks that formed because he was recognized by a pretty girl.

She nodded with a smile, remembering the events in which she watched the boy play, "Yeah! I saw you on TV one winter when I was like- fifteen!"

"You have quite the memory, (Y/N)-san," Daichi laughed from behind her.

(Y/N) shyly looked at the ground, "W- well, his skills were not something to forget easily. I look forward to playing with you, Kageyama," She sent him a sheepish smile, turning to face the other two that were missing before she had a chance to full-on fangirl. There was only one other person she had ever watched so intently on the TV screen, who just so happened to go to the school they would be having a practice match with in a few weeks. 

"And you guys are...?"

"Just call us Ennoshita," The taller black-haired boy with the lazy eyes pointed to himself, "And Kinoshita," 

The boy next to him with messy ash blonde hair grinned, nodding his head, "We're not that important, don't worry,"

(Y/N) laughed lightly, but patted both their shoulders as she passed to go to the serving line, "Whether you're a main or not, your contribution helps immensely. I'm sure your teammates appreciate you, so just remember that." And she left them shOOk to their core as she strutted away, acting as if she hadn't just told them the best words they ever had the pleasure to hear, enough to hype them up for WEEKS. The power she held- 😌

On the other side of the court, Suga had to take care of two whiney boys complaining about how they didn't get (Y/N) on their team.

As her dad passed her a ball so she could serve, she took in a deep breath, twirling the leather sphere in her hands. It had been, what, four months since she properly played volleyball?

"Sorry if I can't play, that well..." (Y/N) apologized, "I'm a bit rusty,"

As Daichi shot her an encouraging smile, she sent it back weakly, desperately trying to slow down her beating heart. Several thoughts were bouncing around her already cluttered brain. Something along the lines of 'oh my god I have to serve for the first time in months in front of all these hot boys and holy shit are those Dachi's thighs?'

She bounced the ball of the wooden floor, the noise of the leather hitting it silencing her thoughts.

With one last breath and some random internal thought that said 'YOLO BITCH YOU EITHER RIDE OR DIE' she lifted the ball up into the air, taking a couple steps before using her stronger leg to propel herself into the sky. 

Oh, how exhilarating it felt to soar through the sky for a split second, her back arched backwards and her hand inches away from smacking the volleyball. She smiled triumphantly as she saw the ball was right where she wanted it, perfect for her jump serve.

No one had expected her to do a jump serve, and not one as perfect as that after claiming she was rusty. 

Her hand connected with the ball, sending it rocketing over the net so fast you could practically see the trail of smoke it left behind.

Before they could even blink, the volleyball ingrained itself into the floor, somewhere in between a stunned Tanaka and a flabbergasted Noya. 

(Y/N) landed on the ground with pride radiating off of her, "Periodt queen," 

(a/n) - the first few chapters are just her settling in and setting the scene. we'll give them time to connect and shiz later <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 12.6K 51
Y/n wasn't excepting this to happen... Becoming one of the manager of the Karasuno's volleyball team and dealing with a past crush. her life really...
4.9K 305 19
𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙙. A girl who has been hurt by volleyball in the past. And a...
121K 3.3K 32
You were a volleyball prodigy, the perfect daughter, the one who always shined brighter than others... Then, why did this happen? - Fluff, smut, a...
71.2K 1.6K 37
☆ in which a weird girl manages to become best friends with two well-reserved volleyball boys over the well-known app discord ☆fem!she/they reader !i...