Framed | JOHNNY

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT's Johnny When a sudden death occurs in Neo City, fingers automatically point to the leader of the lar... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Masterlist

Chapter 24

2.6K 166 126
By lost_in_neocity

The funeral had become a red carpet event.

Johnny and Jaehwa quietly observed in the corner of the room while the business people of Neo City socialized and built their connections. Outside, cameras were flashing, reporters broadcasting who had just arrived.

I sure hope that my funeral is nothing like this.

Johnny was surprised when he saw one of the businessmen break away from the group, heading straight towards them.

"Already done with socializing?" Johnny asked the male.

"I hate this." Doyoung muttered. "They're ruining the funeral."

"I would hate it too." Jaehwa added. "Personally, everyone in this room seems suspicious."

Johnny couldn't help but agree. It seemed that no one actually cared about Dowon, but rather came for the sake of showing their face. Johnny thought that at least Dowon's family members would care.

Suddenly, Doyoung's attention turned away from them.

"Let me know if you two need anything." Doyoung said, quickly scurrying away.

Johnny was curious as to why Doyoung had suddenly ran away from them but he soon found the reason.

In the front of the room where Dowon's coffin was, an older woman stood, staring at the image of Dowon. Beside her, Taeha was comforting the woman with small pats on the shoulder whle Doyoung soon arrived, doing the same. That woman was Dowon's mother, Mrs. Kim.

"I didn't know Taeha was so close to Mrs. Kim." Jaehwa pointed out.

"I didn't either. But it might be because of the child." Johnny said, noticing that Taeha was holding her growing baby bump as she spoke with Mrs. Kim and Doyoung.

"Interesting." Jaehwa said, glancing at the group.

Soon the officials called everyone to take their seats, so Johnny sat with Jaehwa in the back corner, away from all the other people.

Mr. Kim started off the event with his speech. It was awfully boring and Johnny found it quite boring. Mr. Kim seemed to have focused his speech on how it was a shame that Dowon died young, unable to fulfill his duties as the heir to the company.

Johnny was about to fall asleep when Jaehwa nudged him, motioning to the the front.

Johnny followed and saw that Taeha was shifting in uncomfortable in her seat.

Is there tension between them?

Johnny pushed the stupid question from his head as soon as it came.

Of course there's tension, Mr. Kim wouldn't let them get married.

Soon, Mr. Kim's speech was done and Doyoung was next.

Doyoung's speech was much closer to what Johnny expected from an interview. Doyoung's told the story he and his brother shared, the emotions they went through under the stress of running the family business.

Sobs were heard and Johnny saw Mrs. Kim bawling her eyes out. Surprisingly, her husband showed no emotion, sitting straight up in his seat.

"I don't get it." Jaehwa mumbled. "How can he be like that during his son's funeral?"

"That's the life of business people." Johnny whispered back. "It's a world we'll never understand."

Soon the funeral was over, the next part being the burial. This was a private ceremony, so this marked the end for Johnny and Jaehwa.

"Well, that was useless." Jaehwa said once they were alone in Johnny's car.

As much as Johnny wanted to disagree, he couldn't. They were no closer to finding Dowon's true killer, making it more and more difficult for Johnny.

"Time to head back home then?" Johnny asked the girl who was yawning beside him. Jaehwa nodded.

"Yeah, I'm going to take a big nap while you work."

Johnny chuckled, clutching on to the steering wheel.

"Alright."

...

As Johnny pulled into the underground parking, guiding his car in the his parking spot, Jaehwa noticed something.

"Johnny, call Donghyuck." Jaehwa instructed.

"Donghyuck? Why do you want to see the kid?" Johnny asked, confused.

Jaehwa pointed to the ceiling where a camera was.

"Let's find out who gave you that note."

...

Johnny was in love. He was positive as he watched Jaehwa's radiating body dressed in his sweater and a pair of leggings, her waves falling over her shoulders.

Jaehwa was just scrolling through her phone but Johnny couldn't appreciate the girl more. He thought she was a genius for noticing the camera and wanted to bathe the girl with his love.

Unfortunately, just as he slid onto the couch beside her, Johnny's phone buzzed, receiving a message from Donghyuck saying that he'll be at the apartment soon.

"Why do you look upset?" Jaehwa asked, noticing the frustrations on his face.

"I'm not upset, just stressed." Johnny said.

Johnny felt his body begin to warm up as Jaehwa crawled closer, straddling him over his lap as she hugged the male.

"Well don't be. I'm right here."

Johnny didn't even hesitate to kiss the girl, clutching tightly to her hips.

"Johnny." Jaehwa warned through their kisses, knowing that Donghyuck was on his way but Johnny didn't care. He just wanted her.

The doorbell rang, making Johnny curse as Jaehwa removed herself from him, making her way to the door. Johnny sighed, smoothing his hair as Jaehwa returned, Donghyuck following her. The boy seemed oblivious to the tension between the two, sitting on the dining table and unpacking his laptop.

"So what do you want me to hack this time?"

...

"Damn, you live in a nice place." Donghyuck said to Johnny as he tried to get into the security system.

Like that wasn't obvious enough, Jaehwa thought as she stood there, arms crossed as Johnny sat beside the boy.

Jaehwa didn't know what to do with Johnny. He was becoming more and more needy, constantly wanting her attention and affection, and she didn't know where to draw the line.

Jaehwa liked him, she liked him a lot. She wanted to begin something with him, something with meaning so they weren't just two people sleeping together every other night. There was one problem though.

Jeong Jaehyun.

Jaehwa loved her brother. He was the person that meant the most to her out of all the people on this Earth. So naturally, the fact that her brother hadn't met Johnny yet bothered her. And she didn't want to start something with Johnny until that happened.

"Who has the money for such an expensive security system?" Donghyuck groaned, pulling Jaehwa out of her thoughts.

"You know, that actually doesn't sound like a bad thing." Johnny said, resting his chin in his hands. Jaehwa noticed that he peeked at her, waiting for her reaction.

"Do you think you can still get into it?" Jaehwa asked, leaning over to glance at Donghyuck's screen.

"Of course." Donghyuck replied confidently. "It just might take a bit more time."

"Coffee?" Johnny asked, getting up.

"Yes, please." Jaehwa responded.

"Do you have cola?" Donghyuck asked, his fingers flying on the keyboard.

"Lucky for you, I do." Johnny said with a smile

Surprisingly, Johnny stopped beside Jaehwa, holding her shoulder with his arm around her, planting a kiss on the top of her head before disappearing in the kitchen. This didn't go unnoticed by Donghyuck.

"Oooo, noona has a boyfriend now." Donghyuck sand with a smile on his face. Jaehwa held in the urge to smack the boy in the head.

"Just focus." Jaehwa said sternly, but Donghyuck had a wide grin on his face.

"I'm in."

Jaehwa immediately moved to stand behind Donghyuck as he went through the video footage from the morning Johnny received the note. She was surprised when she saw the person.

To anyone else, the man would have been unrecognizable with his black cap, mask, and dark outfit, but not for Jaehwa. She had seen the man move many times, so that she knew who it was just the way he walked.

"Did you find it?" Johnny asked, returning with their drinks.

"Yeah, but it's useless. You can barely see his face!" Donghyuck sighed as he took the can of cola.

"Yuta." Jaehwa breathed out. "It's Nakamoto Yuta."

———————————————————————————

Oooo snap

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 294 32
NCT OT23 College au Mafia/Gang au Mark Lee Sequel to Skilled 𝙷𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑...
262K 6.9K 52
*Mafia au/ Gang au-: Mark scoffed and said, "Touch her and I won't hesitate to become your grim reaper," venom dripping from his tone. - Mature langu...
19.7K 964 32
⌈l.jn + z.ch⌋ NCT Mafia!AU "He's oblivious, but one of the best assassins? How does that work?" "I honestly don't know and I love him for it." Childh...