Sunflower | h.s

By 2ghostsinahallway

She stood out like a sunflower in a field of roses, She felt like she didn't belong yet she failed to see she... More

- Authors Note -
Trailer!!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
untitled

8

448 21 32
By 2ghostsinahallway

Aaliyah Moreno

Me and Raven are in the car blasting our favourite songs with the windows down. It was moments like these that I lived for. Our favourite coffee shop was about an hour a way so we loved it, we both loved long drives. We loved feeling the wind in our hair while the bass from the song vibrated the entire car.

It was still quite early in the morning so the sun was piercing through the windscreen. There was always something so calming about the wind being in your hair.

"What you thinking about reciting this time Aaly!" She shouts over the music

It's as if she read my mind because I was actually about to say

"Let's be wildflowers, let our souls be scattered by the wind, let us grow wild and free in the places we dream, let us grow in the brokenness between the cracks and everything will be beautiful!"

And by that I meant just let us grow. Let's have fun. Let's let go of all the shitty things in life and just enjoy it all.

"Aaly! I love you but you do no I have know clue what you're on about!" She says as she laughs making me laugh too.

"It's okay! I figured anyway! Doesn't take much to confuse you!" I say while laughing

"You bitch!" She says as she punches my arm playfully while laughing 10x harder.

We got onto the motor way which is our favourite part of the ride. The road smoothens and my car speed fastens. Ravens hand is out the window as the wind pushes it back gently while the wind blows her hair, as it does mine.

We turn the music all the way up and just scream all the lyrics. I could only dance with one hand as the other one is on the wheel.

"There it is!" She shouts as we see the sign for the "Beachwood café" lit up in bright red lights. It was sort of a retro café, what I loved about it was that it was also a book shop, I always chose one out to take home.

I spin the wheel as we enter the car park for it.

"I'm killer hungry for an ice coffee right now."

"Hungry for ice coffee" I say while laughing at her

"You know what I mean." She says as she rolls her eyes and hops out the car. My bestfriend was the epitome of a goddess. She had long blonde hair that was brown at the roots. She had a mixture of brown, grey and green eyes which I was always beyond jealous of. She wore a grey cropped jumper and flared ripped jeans. She had olive skin that glowed when the sun hit it. She was just overall so stunning and I'm blessed that I know her. It wasn't just her beauty but my god she was hilarious.

"Aaly! Hurry up I'm dying without coffee!" She shouts from the distance so I jog a bit to catch up with her.

The building itself was a cream colour with a couple rows of windows. It's never usually that busy in here which is why I love it. It's always so quiet which allows me to be lost in my thoughts, especially when I chose out a book to read, they were all old books.

The beautiful thing about reading old books is that you begin to realise and comprehend that any struggles or certain feelings you have in life aren't a "you" thing but a "human" thing. I love being lost in words in which I'm able to relate to as it makes me feel at home.

"I'm going to grab our coffees hun." Raven says as she side hugs me before walking into the small café around the corner.

I walk around and brush my hands on the spines of all the beaten books when one really catches my eye.

The beauty of a sunflower

Of course. I picked it up and read the blurb

//Perhaps the reason we are all drawn to flowers is not only because of their outer beauty, but because they remind us that the most beautiful things will bloom after the longest seasons of waiting. I chose sunflowers because they remind us that facing the sun is a choice that they make everyday. Therefore, we as humans must do the same, not literally. But mentally.

Then we would all be able to realise that everyone in there own way is a sunflower, and together, if we chose to look at the good parts in life, we would plant a beautiful garden\\

This was enough to make me want to read the book right now. So I did.

//Sunflowers. Where do I even begin to start. They start off as seeds under many layers of soil and dirt. One of the worlds natural resources, but it's also very dark.

Through using personification this book will tell you about why you. Yes you are a sunflower.

It starts underground. Underneath the damp and dirty ground, when we are in a dark place we automatically think we've been buried. That our happiness and joy has been stripped away from us. However, perhaps you are that seed, and you have been planted.

Bloom.\\

-

"Hey! I'm back." Raven says as she comes to sit next to me while peering over my shoulder. I smelt the fumes of the coffee from just her hand. I take it off of her while thanking her as we both take a sip.

"What you reading?" She asks out of curiosity.

"The beauty of a sunflower." I say as I show her the dusty, old front cover. But to me, it was beautiful. It's shown it's been worn and read.

"Sounds cool. Right up your ally."

"It so is." I say in agreement because well... it was.

Right now I smell like old books,my hands scented with tired words and thoughts. Right now I smell like paragraphs in which contain one too many adjectives. I loved it. The beauty of what goes on inside peoples head when using personified language and are able to refer to humans as something as precious and beautiful as a sunflower...genius.

-

A/N: the picture that's used at the top I actually took myself! It was such a pretty place and I loved every second <3

What did we think of these chapters?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 5.7K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
210K 5.2K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
851K 39.7K 170
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
950K 31.6K 58
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...