We don't need memories? (Suna...

By ViLeviivel

; hope and continuation, a symbol for one to move forward. Despite everything that has happened, Misumi Shiny... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Announcement
42.
43.

11.

634 37 7
By ViLeviivel

SUNA RINTAROU

The sweet and entrancing, soft melody that she played had my eyes all drowsy and my body relaxed as if it was lullaby that slowly hushed me to sleep.

Until of a sudden, it stopped. The violin sounds stopped and it was clearly still in the middle of the piece.

The sudden halt made us turn to Shinyya with a stunned yet soft expression then Osamu opened his mouth to speak, that us until we noticed how she froze in her spot, yet her hands trembled.

Did something happen?

I was closing my eyes the whole time that maybe I might've missed out on something that resulted her into this state.

"Shin-chan?" Atsumu spoke softly with worry.

"What happened Shin?" Osamu followed.

Shinyya hung her head low, then she shook her head and faced us with an obvious fake smile, but it seemed like the others were too occupied by the music she played awhile ago that they didn't notice it.

"Ah...sorry!" She chuckled. "I haven't finished it actually."

"It was amazing still!" Gin praised as he clapped his hands, followed by the twins and Hina-san.

"I-it's not that amazing Gin-kun!" Shinyya stammered.

"Finish it Shin-chan!"

"I'll make you one week's worth of onigiri if you finish it!"

As I faced the twins, they held bright smiles; not the smug smirk that Atsumu usually puts on or the teasing smirk that Osamu has, but they were warm smiles which was shocking.

I guess she really has an impact on the twins.

And it's clear to say that the twins do care for her.

It was really rare of them.

I was lost in my own thoughts when someone snapped a finger infront of my face to break me out of my trance. Shaking my head, I looked up to meet a pair of ocean-blue orbs.

"They'll go home now, do you wanna start studying? You can go ahead to my room." Shinyya said with curious eyes.

Her face was above mines, our noses almost touching. I felt the blood rush up to my cheeks, but to suppress it, I smirked, this time it was her turn to blush.

"So we'll be alone in your room now?"

"Not like that you dumbass!" She smacked my head, making me instantly regret teasing her.

"Wait wait wait! Are ya hearin' that 'Samu?" Atsumu yelled as he faced his twin.

"I have ears dipshit."

"What do you mean you two alone in your room Shin-chan?! That's dangerous! Do you approve of this 'Samu?!"

"I can trust Sunarin." Osamu shrugged his shoulders. "Just let her be 'Tsumu."

"But 'Samu!"

They continued on bickering as we watch them fight. As it progressed on, I took out my phone like the usual and began recording the scene.

From beside me, Hina-san chuckled, making both me and Gin divert our attentions to her. "Those three have always been like that." She pointed her finger towards the twins.

We turned our attentions back at them to see Shinyya in between them this time, grabbing both of their heads from behind as she shoved them against with each other.

THUD!

Their heads clashed and they both fell to the ground.

"Yikes."

Ginjima from beside stifled a laugh along with Hina-san and Shinyya stood proudly with arms crossed.

She held a smug look with fiery eyes—

Hot.

What?! No no no!

I shouldn't be thinking of her like that.

But really, I can't help but admit that she looked attractive...makes me wanna get to know her more—

"Suna!"

"What?" I snapped out of my thoughts as again, Shinyya snapped her fingers infront of my faced.

"They're leaving now."

"Oi Suna."

I exhaled tiredly, standing from the chair as I faced the twins and Ginjima who were standing by the doorway. "What is it Osamu?"

"Make sure to tire Shin-chan out."

"Huh? Why?"

"Exhausted enough to make her fall asleep." He was serious, and so was Atsumu. "She needs it."

I turned around, examining her closely as she just stared at nothing particular; she was indeed tired but she was obviously avoiding sleep.

Sighing, I nodded, watching them walk down the dark streets.

"Help me!"

I was just peacefully walking down the dim path on a Friday night from school. The moon served as light as it illuminated the way, that is until red and blue lights coming from police cars came from behind as it swiftly drove past me.

My peaceful walk was interrupted, making me scowl in annoyance at the same time taking another jelly stick from my bag.

But a sudden curiosity took over. What's happening just a few meters ahead?

I continued walking until I spotted crowd slowly forming from a far distance and there the said vehicles stopped.

What's happening—

THUD!

I harshly fell to the ground as someone suddenly bumps into me with no warning. I'd be lying if I said the impact didn't hurt, plus my orange flavored jelly stick flew out of my mouth.

What a waste. He or she better repay it.

Groaning, I rubbed my eyes before slowly opening it to be met with a—

"SUNAAAAAA WAKE UPPPPPP!"

I instantly jolt up from the screaming, covering my ears as my eardrums started ringing from the noise.

It was painful no joke. With a frown and an annoyed expression, I faced the culprit.

"That was unnecessary." I scowled at the black-haired girl who was just innocently smiling.

"I tried waking you up gently but you didn't seem to budge." Shinyya shrugged.

"You can just bonk me in the head."

"Tried that." She huffed and sat besides me as she crossed her arms. "We didn't get to finish English—"

"Woah you look like shit, chibi..." I mumbled just enough for her to hear.

And it was true. As I stared at her, the clearer her eyebags were, the more puffy her eyes were as if she's been crying and she looked pale.

Osamu was right, she really needs sleep.

"You've been answering my questions incorrectly, slept and didn't get to finish studying and you'd rather insult my face?!"

"What time is it?" I ignored her rants.

She then calmed down, pouting.

Cute.

"11:42." She replied, then perked up. "Shit! Did I keep you too long? What if your parents are waiting for you and they'd get angry?!"

"It's fine." I sighed tiredly, "My parents are at Tokyo until next week."

"Are you tired? You can stay over if it's alright with you. You can go sleep on my bed, I'll put up a futon here."

I just shrugged in response.

In all honesty and for the first time, I was in no mood to sleep. I just kept watching Shinyya's current state snd a flash of worry washed over me.

I remembered reading an article about not getting enough sleep can cause an early death.

If only it were that easy to stay awake. I sighed.

"So—"

"Get some sleep, chibi."

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused." I stood up and flopped down on her comfy bed. "I hope you don't mind."

"Go ahead," she shrugged, "I just have to fix my things."

Nodding, I raised the comfortable comforters up to my eyes before closing them. But the moment I closed them I felt like I couldn't sleep.

"Exhausted enough to make her fall asleep." Osamu's words rang through my head. "She needs it."

Her footsteps started approaching closer, and before I knew it she now stood just infront of me to probably check if I was already asleep.

Fortunately, not yet.

In a swift movement, I jolted up and grabbed her small body in my arms as I laid both of ourselves back in bed. With my arms tightly wrapped around her, it was impossible for her to escape.

Now...how to make her sleep?

"Suna! What the hell!" She squirmed in my grasp. "Let go!"

"No can do, chibi." I shook my head while closing my eyes.

"What are you doing?!"

"Go to sleep."

"Y-y-you k-know that I don't want to."

Why is she stuttering?

"But you need it." I replied, slowly opening my eyes, instantly our eyes met, this time we were only a few inches apart.

She was ontop of me with my arms securely wrapped around her waist, making it impossible for her to move. I observed our current position, then my eyes traveled back to her blue irises again, making her blush as red as a tomato.

"L-let go." She stuttered and looked away.

"Chibi you're blushing." I smirked.

"I'm not!" She denied.

Chuckling, I brought her to my side with my arms still secured around her, one on her waist and one hand behind her head as I pushed her closer to my chest.

It feels comforting.

And why is my heart beating fast?

Why do I feel my insides fluttering?

There was a strange feeling dominating me as I thought of the ravenette that I had in my arms.

"Sunarin—"

"Get some sleep, Shinyya." I muttered. "I'm serious."

Hearing her sigh and feeling her nod, she leaned her forehead on my chest as I felt her hand grabbing my arm, squeezing tightly.

She was tensed and her tone was shaky as if she was scared.

"D-don't leave me..." Shinyya mumbled. It was evident in her voice that she's terrified.

And with our closeness, ny heart beats faster and my stomach ran wild. A blush was painted across my face this time, luckily she won't be able to see it.

Can she hear my heartbeat right now?

What is this feeling?

"Suna?"

I hummed in reply.

"Please just stay here tonight...d-don't leave..."

I found myself smiling, gently running my hands through her hair as I rested my chin ontop of her head.

"I won't. I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 1.1K 37
-status: ongoing but all the chapters are written! x reader ...
216K 5.5K 64
Suna Rintarou X Fem! Reader "Everything must come to an end, but my ending will always be with you." Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu, Furudate does...
144K 2.6K 28
"𝗡𝗢 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗢̄𝗨 𝗡𝗢 𝗖𝗨𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗬𝗢𝗨" | |_____𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘆/𝗻 𝗸𝗶𝘁𝗮 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗽𝗿�...
218K 6.5K 25
𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑎 𝑥 𝐹𝑒𝑚! 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟 ↳ ❝𝐒𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑? ❞ ✧・: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝗮 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗺𝗼...