The Male Hunter | Olympus' Tr...

By DarkShadow327

It has been one year since Gaea was defeated, one peaceful year. However, Camp Half-Blood is changing, and Pe... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Everything is Perfect. Well, it Was
Chapter 2: Run Percy, Run!
Chapter 3: The Great Percy Jackson is Dead
Chapter 4: Periplanómenos
Chapter 5: What is Lost. . .
Chapter 6: . . . Has Been Found
Chapter 7: Awkward Thoughts
Chapter 8: Together Again
Chapter 9: Oaths and Dreams
Chapter 10: Shattered
Chapter 11: A Long Lost Friend Returns
Chapter 12: Guilty Conscience
Chapter 13: Thalia Hits Hard
Chapter 14: Surprise!
Chapter 15: Offers and Escapes
Chapter 16: Heroes' Last Stand
Chapter 17: Alive, but at a Price
Chapter 18: Silver Lining
Chapter 19: Siblings Reunited
Chapter 20: Dramatic Entrances
Chapter 21: Heart to Hearts
Chapter 22: Memories
Chapter 23: Plans
Chapter 24: Annabeth gets Outmaneuvered
Chapter 25: People Have the Worst Timing
Chapter 26: The King
Chapter 27: Everyone Has Secrets
Chapter 28: Here We Go Again
Chapter 29: Fall of the Sun
Chapter 30: Death of a Hero
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: War Games
Chapter 33: Time Alone
Chapter 34: Otherworldly Meetings
Chapter 35: Sanctuary
Chapter 36: What Could Have Been
Chapter 37: The Enemy Strikes
Chapter 38: New Members
Chapter 39: Confrontations with Artemis
Chapter 40: Under New Management
Chapter 41: New Bonds
Chapter 42: Holy Matrimony
Chapter 43: Target Acquired
Chapter 44: The Battle Begins
Chapter 45: Return of Heroes
Chapter 46: Wisdom's Fall
Epilogue
Wisdom's Revenge | Olympus' Traitor #2 - Excerpt
Percy Jackson's Unknown Companions - Excerpt
Update

Chapter 47: Peace at Last

3.3K 45 67
By DarkShadow327

The black mist from above the fort and coming from the pit gathered into a large blob. After a few minutes it dissipated, revealing a rather pale man with dark hair dressed in the garb of an Ancient Greek king. As he looked around the room he let out a chuckle filled with pure evil. "It's good to be back," he said deviously. He then went to take a step away from the where of the pit, but was forced to sway backwards a bit as three arrows flew by him. Looking towards where they had come from, the king frowned. There stood Zoë, Clara, and Jacob with bows leveled at him. "Didn't anyone ever teach you that it's rude to attack your host?" he said coldly. "Especially when your host is a king!" With a defiant glare the trio took aim again, while Luke, Ethan, and Hannah charged the prophesied foe. Casually and nonchalantly the King flicked his wrist in their direction, causing tendrils of the black mist from the pit to fly out and ensnare the six heroes. Another flick of the wrist bound them from head to foot and stacked them in the corner.

By this point Percy and Thalia were glaring at him fiercely, while Annabeth knelt respectfully. "King Ixion-" she started.

"Failure," Ixion growled, using another tendril of the shadowy mist to throw Annabeth into a wall. Annabeth then lay there, unmoving as blood leaked from a wound on the back of her head. Percy stood in front of Thalia protectively as Ixion paced the room, barring the door as he did so. "Perseus and Thalia Jackson, how nice it is to meet you face to face," he said with fake politeness.

"What do you want?" Percy growled.

"Why, I've returned to claim what is rightfully mine," Ixion pleasantly replied. "What Zeus denied me millennia ago."

"And what is that?" Percy asked, trying to stall so he could come up with a plan. That was when he noticed it, one of the shadow mummies in the corner had a bright yellow light leaking from parts of it.

"Why, to become King of course," he explained. "I shall rule Olympus, and Hera shall be my queen."

"Like you could get the goddess of marriage to leave her husband," Thalia snorted.

"I love her and she loves me!" Ixion roared as he stopped pacing. A sadistic grin then erupted on his face as Ixion noticed where the hand of Percy that didn't hold Riptide was hovering. "Interesting, I see your relationship has progressed further than I realized." This caused the couple's glare to intensify. "So, when can I expect to see the little brat?"

"That's it," Percy said in a deceptively quiet and cold tone. "You can insult me, but I will not let you insult my wife and unborn child."

"And what are you going to do about it?" Ixion sneered.

"Not him, we," Thalia corrected as she stepped out from behind Percy and raised Aegis, causing the king to flinch and shy backwards slightly. "And we have faced far worse than you." Ixion's smile disappeared and was replaced by a scowl as Thalia said that. "We've defeated Titans, Giants, and the Earth Mother herself. You're just some washed up old king, child's play compared to what we've faced."

With an angry roar Ixion drew the sword at his side, and called forth more mist from the pit to attack Percy and Thalia. The tendrils were almost upon them, but before they could strike a beam of light light intercepted them and made them dissipate. Ixion looked to his left where it had come from, causing Percy and Thalia to do the same. Standing there, a fierce look on his face and eyes aglow with power, was Jacob. Behind him stood Hannah, who was working on unraveling the other shadow cocoons. So far she had released Zoë, and halfway through Luke. "Oops," Jacob sassed.

Turning his attention back to Percy, Ixion gave a roar and charged. The ferocity of the ancient king's attacks surprised Percy. He hadn't faced anyone with this level of skill since the Titans and Giants. The fighting was ferocious, and fast paced, none of the others could find an opening in which to help Percy. The deadly dance continued around the room, and all anyone could do was watch.

Percy's companions could only watch helplessly as the battle continued. Then, suddenly, a horde of monsters began emerging from the pit in the floor as hellhounds melted out of the shadows in the corners of the room. "He brought reinforcements!" Ethan announced.

"No Styx Sherlock!" Jacob replied. The group then sprung into action in order to ensure that they, and Percy, weren't killed. Some of them for a second time.

Percy risked a glance at his friends as he fought Ixion, and what he saw surprised him. It was one of the few times when Jacob and Hannah demonstrated why they were exponentially more powerful when they combined their powers. Pure light and pure darkness worked in tandem, an unlikely pair that somehow worked. Shadows and light swirled around the couple, and they would shoot intertwining beams of it at individual monsters to vaporize them on contact. This made Percy redouble his efforts, he knew they could only do this for a couple minutes, max.

"You cannot defeat me!" Ixion declared as the two fought. "Lord Tartarus himself blessed me as The Lord of the Pit, every second we spend fighting I grow stronger!"

The last two lines of the prophecy suddenly started echoing in Percy's head. One last foe the Hero must face, For the Lord of the Pit he must erase. Ixion had to be defeated, but how? If what he said was true, the king would only grow stronger while Percy tired. Besides, how did one 'erase' an ancient king who escaped from Tartarus?

Suddenly, Percy felt a heavy force collide with his chest. His thoughts had distracted him, and King Ixion had capitalized on that fact. As he strode forward Percy tried to scramble backwards, but a sharp pain in his chest prevented him from moving too quickly. some of his ribs were cracked, if not broken. Chuckling, he strode forward, sword raised for the killing stroke. However, before he could bands of light and shadow wrapped themselves around Ixion, restraining him. "Finish him," Jacob gasped, face red and sweat beading down it. Hannah looked in a similar condition as it took all their effort to use their power like this. "We can't hold him for long."

Thalia rushed over, along with Zoë, and together they helped Percy to his feet. Picking up Riptide from where he had dropped it, Percy strode over to Ixion. He went to behead the delusional king, but before he could Zoë interrupted. "Wait!" she cried. "That will not work."

Percy stopped in his tracks. "Then what will?"

Zoë thought for a moment. "My mother once told me a tale of a vision she did see," she explained. "I believe that she saw thee and this moment."

"Well, got on with it!" Thalia interrupted.

Zoë rolled her eyes. "Thou must learn patience. Anywho, she did tell me that the great darkness that threatened our world could only be defeated by a Hero with a pure heart full of the light of the moon and a Hero wielding the power of the sun."

Percy stepped back. "That must mean you, since you were the Hunt's lieutenant for thousands of years, and Jacob."

"No," Zoë said with a shake of her head. "Thou art the son of M'Lady, my mother saw thee."

"She's right," Thalia said as she placed a hand on Percy's shoulder. "You must do it. Reach inside yourself, find the power that Artemis gave you."

"And please hurry, I can feel myself slipping!" Hannah grunted out from across the room.

Closing his eyes, Percy searched for the familiar tug in his gut that he felt whenever he used his powers. After a few moments he found it, and tugged harder than he ever had before. Upon opening his eyes he found that everything had taken on a silver tinge and that Riptide glowed silver. Later he would find out that his whole body was giving off a silver aura and that his eyes had turned into pure silver orbs. As he stalked towards Ixion once more the shadows holding him dissipated, glancing over he could see that Hannah had finally collapsed and fallen unconscious. Luckily, Luke had been there to catch her. Ixion made a lunge, but before he could make it even a few inches the yellow-golden bands surrounding him expanded to cover his whole body, freezing him place once again. Taking the last step forwards Percy raised his sword once again. "This is for all the lives you have caused to be lost," he declared before swinging.

With a silver flash King Ixion was no more, head cut cleanly from his body. Immediately, the golden light surrounding his body disappeared as Jacob also collapsed. Ethan didn't catch him. Ixion's body then just faded out of existence, almost as if it had never been there in the first place. Suddenly, Percy felt like the world was spinning and he fell to the floor. After a few moments it stopped as nectar was dribbled into his mouth. "You okay?" Thalia asked as she helped him to his feet.

With some help he made his way over to where Jacob and Hannah were laying. Hannah was starting to stir but Jacob lay unmoving, smoke curling off of his body. "Not again," Percy whispered as he gazed at the body.

Suddenly, Jacob took in a huge breath and his eyes fluttered open. "Did you get him?" he croaked.

"We did, thanks to you," Percy said, tears of happiness in his eyes.

"No, thanks to you," Jacob argued. "I just bought you some time, I had nothing to do with it. Take credit for once, you killed Ixion."

Nectar from a small flask produced by Zoë was then given to Jacob and Hannah, allowing them to finally get to their feet. They didn't look great, but they no longer looked to be on death's door. The group of friends then stood silently for a few moments, the shock washing over them. However, a groan from by the door shook them out of their stupor. Looking over, they could see Annabeth struggling to her feet. Motioning everyone to stay back Percy went and stood in front of her, arms crossed. "So, you survived."

"No thanks to you," she spat in Percy's face.

Wiping it off, Percy glared at Annabeth. "Well, it looks like you finally got what you wanted," he said. "You created a monument to last an eon. You created the legacy of the Traitor to Olympus."

At that moment, the door to the inner sanctum burst open, Frank, Hazel, Reyna, Kate, Atalanta, Leo, Nico, Bianca, Lee, Michael, Beckendorf, and Selena followed by a squadron of Roman legionnaires rushing inside. "You're a bit late to the party," Thalia laughed. "Percy already took him out."

The group then lowered the weapons they had been holding at the ready. "Oh," was all Frank could say. That was then he and Hazel noticed Annabeth, causing them to march over. "In the name of the Senate and the People of Rome you are under arrest for crimes against Olympus," Frank declared.

"What are your terms for surrender?" Annabeth sighed.

"Unconditional," Hazel stated.

"Furthermore," Frank added. "Camp Half-Blood is now under the direct rule of New Rome. A governor will be appointed by the Senate and legionnaires will be stationed there in order to ensure an insurrection of this level does not happen again."

"I accept your terms," Annabeth said without emotion. Then, at a signal from Frank the squad of Romans escorted her to be placed with the other traitors to be tried by the Roman Senate or the gods themselves if possible.

#      #      #

The group who had fought against Ixion plus those that had entered the room afterwards stood in the field outside the captured fort. "It's time," Luke said.

"Time for what?" Percy asked.

"We're still technically dead, Percy," Bianca explained. "This was only a temporary return to the realm of the living, our souls are still bound to Elysium. Our purpose has been fulfilled, it's time for us to go back."

Percy's eyes teared up slightly, it was like he was losing them all over again.

"Hey, we'll see each other again," Jacob said as the dead Heroes started dissolving into specks of golden light starting at their feet. "Whether it be in Elysium or another life, we will see each other again." Then, just like that, they were gone again. No fanfare, no death, just dissolving into the light of the sun that had finally broken through the clouds like they had never been there in the first place.

As they stood there Rachel, who had been staying in the Roman fort during the battle, stumbled over. "Oracle. message. Percy," she gasped out as her eyes glowed green. Not a second later the signature green smoke billowed forth from Rachel as the Oracle of Delphi spoke.

To the Hunt a child shall be born,

But from the Mother's arms they shall be torn.

To follow in the Father's footsteps shall be the question,

For otherwise they shall guarantee Wisdom's ascension.

Long lost Heroes shall rise to fight once more,

For only together shall they find what is worth fighting for.

Rachel then promptly collapsed as Thalia had her hand over her stomach, tears in her eyes. This was about her baby, she just knew it.

#      #      #

"On behalf of Olympus we thank you for saving us once again," Zeus declared. "And offer our most sincere apologies. We now see the error of our ways, and the traitorous Annabeth Chase has been locked in a prison from which she will never escape. Additionally, the Roman Senate has full permission to try and execute Piper McLean and Jason Grace if they so choose."

"Apology not accepted," Percy growled. "No amount of fake regret can bring back the lives that were lost! It can't return things to the way they were!" he then said, his voice raising in volume with each word until Percy was shouting. The gods could only stare in shock. "I am sick of you gods thinking that you can do whatever you want and think that it's okay! You need to stop treating your children like pawns on a chessboard, like sacrificial lambs!" Zeus went to speak again, but Percy cut him off. "I'm not finished! I did not do this for you, I did it for my friends, my family, and the woman I am married to! Know this, do not come to me for help ever again, I refuse to become embroiled with your politics any longer!" With that, Percy turned and stormed out. Artemis and Thalia quickly rushed after him, leaving the rest of the gods and demigods present to sit in an awkward silence.

After a few minutes of searching they found Percy in Artemis' Garden, which was more like a forest than a typical garden. "Son, are you okay?" Artemis asked, concern filling her voice and eyes.

Percy's shoulders slumped and he shrugged. "I don't know," he said softly. "I'm just sick of being used, and now I learn that my child is likely to become a pawn as well. It's times like this that I wish I wasn't a half-blood." Thalia went over and sat next to her husband, arm around his shoulders.

Artemis went over and stood in front of the married couple. "If it helps, I found out a way that you can stay with the Hunt and retain the blessings I have given you, plus some," she said softly, but with love.

"What?" Percy asked.

"Become my champions," Artemis stated. "Serve as my personal lieutenants."

"What's the catch?" Percy questioned.

"No catch," Artemis replied, slightly insulted that her adopted son would think so lowly of her. "Merely some extra responsibilities, if you wish to take them. I would love it if you would help rescue young girls, and boys, from bad situations and guide them where they need to go. The ancient laws say that I can't do this, but you could."

"We would love to," Thalia stated, knowing that Percy agreed as well.

"Great, thank you," Artemis smiled. "Now, if you would please repeat after me. I pledge myself to the goddess Artemis. To serve as her lieutenant for as long as I am able, and to uphold all that is good and pure in her sight." The two demigods did so, and a silver aura sprang to life around them before fading as they finished. "I accept," Artemis said with a grin before looking her son straight in the eyes. "Now, I believe that you should visit your mortal mother. She's worried sick about you."

"Oh styx," Percy cursed as Artemis flashed away. "I haven't talked to her since I ran away from you guys to Alaska, she's going to kill me!"

#      #      #

Percy stood nervously in front of the door to his mom's apartment. "Hey, it'll be okay," Thalia reassured with a smile and a squeeze to her husband's hand.

Percy returned the smile, and knocked on the door. "Just a minute!" a voice could be heard calling from the inside. True to her word, the door opened and revealed Percy's mom a few moments later. "Oh Percy!" she cried as she wrapped her son in a hug, tears streaming down her face. "You're okay!"

"Ya, I'm okay," Percy choked out, now crying as well. The sight of the loving reunion quickly got to Thalia as well, for she started crying too. "I'm home mom, I'm home."

Sally then broke the hug and turned to Thalia, forehead creased like she was trying to remember who she was. "I met you once. You're Thalia right?" Thalia nodded to confirm her question.

Percy then cleared his throat before throwing his arm around his wife's shoulders and drawing her into his side. "Mom, I would like you to meet the new Mrs. Jackson."

The End

A/N: Here we are, the end. Good has triumphed over evil, and Percy finally no longer has to suffer under the Olympians. He has a wife, a child on the way, a new life. The Romans got something to, they conquered Greece. Again. Anyways, I hope so very much that you guys enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it! Also, special thanks to Codayoda for help on this chapter, without them I could not have written the sequence where Ixion was defeated!

Have a great life!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 269 41
I said I wouldn't post this, but here we are. (Updated summary) Percy Jackson has gone missing. Olympus has closed. Great, time for a new quest. Rach...
3.5K 123 13
Everyone thought it was gaia who created the world , but what if they were wrong. What if there was another godess who actually created the world and...
141K 4.1K 35
WARNING: badly written but a rewrite is up on my page REDAMANCY | Lorna and her friends are the demigods of the great prophecy. Together, they will s...
667K 8.3K 24
Percy Jackson has been betrayed. After his new half brother frames him for everything at camp, he was shunned by the other campers, even Chiron. His...