Open fire

Από white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... Περισσότερα

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 45 "Open fire"

27 1 0
Από white_lies_me

This would not be good. She had a plan, of course she did, not even the government could stop her, but they didn't know that, you did. You glanced at your friends who weren't sure what to expect and you knew you couldn't shift back for now. If you try to stand up to her the crowd will hate on you more, what do you do? Just let everyone else control the situation? No, you won't allow this. The limousines stopped on the clearing behind the police and army, some people came to the cars and opened the doors to the presidents and prime ministers along with others who you didn't know positions of. You couldn't recognise everybody, but did a lot of people, Viktor showed you most of their pictures some time ago. When the Australia's prime minister stepped out the crowd got louder, they started shouting, demanding to know what's going on. How to act, is your group dangerous, is he the one standing behind everything etc. They started shushing the crowd down, even Tayla stepped back...only for now tho, she had something up her sleeve, if only you knew what.

"Do we stay here Calum?" Michael's voice eched.

"Let's see what happens, it'll be easy to get out if the situation gets worse. I'm not risking anyone's life today" Cal answered. You understood that he didn't want something bad to happen, but running away now? When you're so close to getting to Tayla? Shame you can't just do the spell and go. You have to time it right, otherwise people will be even more scared, you give them werewolves and werecats and now fucking ghosts, yes, too much. The news reporters got up in the governments faces as much as they could, the crowd was loud as ever and it was getting hard to keep them back, however, they started talking about you. The prime minister of Australia explained that the team was there to learn more about you, help you get back on your feet after everything and that you've done nothing to hurt them... That's not exactly true...but you didn't know they wanted to help you when they started chasing you, come on. That's all in the past now though. Some believed him, then more people as the other presidents and prime ministers joined, confirming everything he's been saying. They also brought up your team, explaining who they are, what you've done so far. They had been receiving all information from the team during your tests in the base, they know about the plan also and since something went out of hand they've been called here. Tayla wasn't mentioned for some reason when clearly she is here...but when you took a glance at the spot she was standing at, she was gone.

"Does anyone see Tayla?" you heard Sierra's voice echo.

"Shit, she's not there" Crystal curses.

"I'll tell Han. You try to look around, but don't get too close to the crowd and don't be alone, even in this small area" Calum orders and you nod amongst eachother, standing up to circle around. You kept watch of everyone from the corner of your eye, Sarah was with you while Mike went with Crys and Luke with Si. Calum ran up to Han making people scream in fear, but they calmed down once they noticed him just stare at Han eye to eye, not doing anything. The prime minister took this opportunity to say.

"No need to fear, people, they are our friends".

-

You looked around for a few minutes, but there was no sight of Tayla. Han made sure everyone is informed and they told you to come back in the line to shift back in front of everyone, but you weren't sure how good of an idea that is. The governments stood aside so all the spotlight was on you. With people were yelling for you to shift, you weren't sure if some of it seemed like cheers, maybe that's just the optimistic side of you, the smaller one.

"They are just like us, have feelings, dreams, wishes, goals, they are human too, but can be much more. Please my friends, as a sign of our new bond, show the world your true selves" one of the presidents spoke and at that moment your whole body tensed. It was so fast, the time went slow motion, a dart started flying straight towards Calum from the left, but you didn't have time to tell him. You couldn't get him out of the way so you jumped forward when you felt the sting in your abdomen. It was so small, you could barely see it, but you felt the serum being injected in your body.

"Willow!" your friends' voices echoed full of worry. Mot now, not here, you can't let it control you again, you've come so far. Just like that, a chaos started. The army told the government to get back in their limousines and stay as far as possible from possible danger, you. People were questioning what's happening to you, they didn't know how to react and your friends were telling you to fight it, keeping close quarters to not let you get away. It was all too much at once, the voices started sounding like mumbling, the field of vision was getting smaller and smaller, your memories blurry and once again you were in a foreign environment with foreign faces. Thousands of them, but six faces very close to you and you did not like that. You remember one thing, this is just an illusion, you don't know why, or how, but you remember it's of great importance to fight whatever this is.

***

Calum's POV*

I didn't know what's going on. Willow's been hit with the serum and she took it for me, it could've been a fucking bullet. I can't think about that now, I know what she's going through since she's been through it once already. I just have to believe in her to fight it off.

"Keep her in the circle" I glanced at our group. I didn't want Crys or Sarah to end up hurt, but we can't risk Willow going berserk on all those people there. Our team had it mostly under control, they kept people away, trying to explain to them that somebody shot her. That this is not her consciousness and some believed, they wanted us to find who it was and I have a pretty good idea. She kept shaking her head, trying to brush it off, but with one glance up I saw her irises thin to almost nothing.

"I'll keep her down" I said, pouncing right on Willow. I kept her shoulders down with my front legs, while I positioned my back legs to stop her's from kicking me. She growled and grunted, trying to scratch wherever she could, but I wouldn't let her.

"Calum do you need any help?" Michael's panicked voice rang. I was laser focused on keeping her down, so I only managed to shake my head slightly no.

"Make sure...none of you get hit" every word was a struggle to get out, she was giving a fair fight.

"I see Tayla!" Sarah remarked and my eyes widened. She's going to manipulate everyone, I just know it. As if on cue by my thoughts I heard her annoying fake voice.

"I've tried to warn you! Look, they even attack their own kind, imagine what they'd do to us! Somebody has to shoot them, please!" a shiver ran down my spine and I lost my grip on Willow. She took the advantage flipping us over and biting me right beside my neck. I winced in pain, but knew that if she wanted she could've killed me, she had some self control after all.

"Get her!" I quickly told Mike and Luke, as the girls went further up to protect the people who were joining on Tayla's little act of rebellion. They were now divided between the crowd who believes you were good and the one who stood with Tayla, so they were screaming amongst eachother and also at us. The presidents were peaking from the limousines, standing with the side that's standing up for us, but it was hard to listen to them now when us three were getting Willow to stay down. She was getting tired and it wasn't a big dose of the serum, it was just to create a scene so I hope it'll wear off soon. Another noise entered the atmosphere, a helicopter which means Louis and Liam are on their way. However, I can't decide if that can help or make it look worse. Niall was holding up good from what I can determine, he was fighting every single word Tayla said along with most of the team and the second half was with the presidents. It was that chaotic for a few minutes before I managed to connect with Willow again, just like i did when Tayla trapped us with Mali. Now everyone was good, but the crowd, we have to get Tayla to show her true colours.

***

Willow's POV*

Once you saw his brown eyes turn blue you calmed down, turning back to reality. Your irises expanded and you were met with a half of mad people and other half who were on your side and coincidentally a helicopter in the distance arriving, which meant one thing. And also Mike, Luke and Calum holding you down.

"I'm better, thank you" you told them so they got off, sitting beside you. Sarah, Crystal and Sierra came over, the seven of you sitting there. Noone was paying attention to you anymore, but that's exactly what you needed now so you roared, while the wolves howled. Thousands of people went silent, every single one of them. You shifted back, followed by others and they didn't make a sound, they stared, scared, amazed, confused, who knows, except one, one had an evil glint in her eyes.

"We are done having everybody speak up for us. We came in this world to save our kind, that's all, but we ended up realising now we'll have to coexist. We aren't so different after all" you started.

"All those ancient stories aren't true. We don't kill for fun, we don't lose control and go into a frenzy mode. We can shift into wolves and jaguars, we can hear and see better, we heal quicker. We have mates that's true, but that's all, we're the same as you. We come from humans first and foremost, please let this war end before it begins, we just want to go home" Calum says sincerely.

"Everything you saw on TV wasn't us, a team of people shot our kind that was already living in your world. They injected serums in them, brought out the side that can't be controlled. This is the real us, we protect, stick together, do dumb and unreasonable things for eachother..." Crystal was saying as she glanced at Mike.

"We aren't killers, we aren't monsters..." he continued.

"We are beings that want to live free, peacefully" Luke added.

"Now that our home is discovered, there's no way anything can go back to normal" Sierra joins.

"But maybe we can try together..." Sarah ended it. The silence was left once again, even Tayla was speechless, but she wasn't going to give up.

"They are lying, I've seen them do things on their own, they've killed my father!" she yelled, bursting into fake tears. Some people in the crowd confirmed her claim, but to you it was obvious they were working for her. Who to believe now, you or her?

"D-don't move!" you heard a man yell. It was the chef of police, he had a gun pointed straight to you and to say you were shocked was an understatement.

"Hey, easy there" Calum managed to say as politely as possible, stepping in front to shield you off. Suddenly all the policemen rose their guns and so did the army, what was going on? Your gaze switched from the pointed guns to Tayla, her eyes were glowing yellow, so bright. She was controlling them. How was that possible? You've never seen werewolves or werecats do mind control, she must've learned something from the book she stole from Freya and Conall. It was almost like her despise for everything was the energy she needed, it fueled her and she was ready to kill everybody if that meant her father's dreams would come true.

"Everybody get away from that lady. She's dangerous!" you yelled and people suddenly started screaming. Noone was there to protect them except you. Presidents couldn't do anything, your team was unarmed, but there with them, even Han, Seth and Niall were looking at you full of hope. There she stood, in the center of attention as people divided on two sides. They didn't dare to go near her so she threw her hat on the floor, making her glowing eyes even more visible than before, her dyed black hair moved to one side. She was mad, she had enough, this was her time. You didn't even process that somebody joined you before you heard a familiar British accent.

"Having fun without us now, are you?" Louis remarked and just then you noticed others jumping out of the helicopter with parachutes.

"Can you go one time without us and not anger her?" Liam rolled his eyes. You can't believe these two idiots, how can they be like this now? You couldn't help the small laugh that you made. You were glad that they are here, now that you stood before Tayla and her army of controlled people. Maybe five years ago it wasn't personal, but now it sure is. The fact that your other team arrived angered Tayla even more.

"Uhh, why can't you just die already?!" she says angrily.

"I'm done with you, done with this world, all of you will be my servants! Werewolves will rule, but without your group Calum, you all are worthless!" she continues and you couldn't move, she would order somebody to shoot. After all it was the time, before somebody gets hurt.

"Calum" you glance at him.

"Let's do this".
You called out for Conall and Freya, focusing back to the roots of the sacred tree. As there was a strong gust of wind coming from your peninsula, people closed their eyes as the wind hit them and the white mist emerged from the treeline surrounding you completely. "What's going on?!", "This is the end!" you faintly heard some of their voices. Your team from the helicopter was just as confused, but they trusted you. After all those years, there he was, in all his glory Xavier. The mist cleared out and for the first time ever you saw him this close, she had his eyes. There were some coughs, while everyone cleared their eyes just to see him, but one expression was something you would remember forever. Tayla's.

"N-no..." you heard almost inaudible. Her whole body was shaking, her knees trembling, eyes wide, all the anger was coming out. He was truly here, breathing, blinking, in flesh and bones. Tayla's glow died down, her strength wouldn't last long, she was confused, maybe mad or rather scared. Was her father back, what did you do, why now? The police officers and army lowered down their guns, snapping back to reality and they were confused, but thankfully Han and others had them handled. Looks like her powers were fading. You watched as a single tear ran down her face, like a droplet of water before the shower.

"YOU DIED! NO! This...this is impossible!" she cried. Her eyes were closed as she brought her hand to her head, but she blinked to see him once again, was this all just a hallucination from her. You're sure she's seen him before, maybe in her dreams like you, but surely never like this. He was slowly walking, step by step towards her, not a single word was spoken, just stares. The cameras were filming everything, the whole world can see this.

"You come back now and you don't say anything?! You left me! You used me! I did this all for you..." from screaming her voice broke in the end. She was so lost, so so lost and you would feel sorry, but this has to happen. He just kept walking closer, as tears slid down her face and you didn't know how to react so you grabbed Calum's hand. He grabbed it tightly and pulled you close as the whole world watched.

"Stop walking here! Say something...just say anything!" she begged. Her voice was giving up n her, her body was trembling. He got so close, he could touch her if he reached just a little bit. She stared at him, her makeup smudged, her shirt ruined, but finally her emotions sincere and it was her breaking point. She went in to push him away when he hugged her, that's all. She tried to resist it, to push him away again, but he held her close. It was so strange, so unfamiliar to see either of them hug someone, this isn't who their family is. When he pulled away, still keeping his hands on her shoulders, he said softly.

"I'm sorry, I love you, my daughter" just as abruptly as he appeared he left, the wind blowing off his particles. Conall and Freya told you that ghosts can leave before their time runs out, so that was his choice solely. Tayla stood there, shocked. It's like the time stopped for her, all those years growing up, all the times she's been with her father to end like this? She yelped in pain, then screamed and became silent again, falling down on her knees while supporting her upper half on her hands. You could just see her stomach clenching at the silent cries, she was broken and will never be the same. All the conquering, hatred, they can't just go away, but now, they don't have any more meaning. She cried and cried, the crowd remained silent, but Calum let go of your hand and started walking up to her.

"Calum" you said, starting to walk with him. The rest of your friends began following you, but noone else dared to move tho. You stood in front of her, her head hung low so that you couldn't see her face

"Y-you" she murmured. She leaped on you, grabbing your neck and you fell down when she started yelling again.

"It's not real! He's dead! He's not real!" like a crazy person. The boys immediately pushed her off of you and in time a police officer came to handcuff her.

"Are you okay?" Calum questioned so you dusted yourself off and nodded. This is the last time you'll see her ever and this is how. She was being taken to the police car by force, her hair really tangled, her face stained with tears along with smudged makeup, yelling and screaming, repeating this phrase.

"He's not real!".

Everything cleared out, the presidents and prime ministers exited the cars, the news reporters set up better camera angles and you were called to stand up front. After a lot of consoling and explaining how this will all work with the new peninsula now that Tayla will be put in a mental institution to have someone watch her 24/7, your species can truly try and coexist. Noone could keep the smiles off their faces, your friends especially, Niall, Lou and Liam too. You still have a lot of things to sort out, arrest the businessmen who were working with Tayla, introduce the entire world to your people hidden on the peninsula. To welcome Viktor with the batch of wolves he and the team saved. With all that said, this was the first time you felt that it's over, there's noone left, it's all going to be better from now. You believed that maybe things will change. Lastly, Calum shook his hand with the prime minister of Australia after the finished explanation and a new era can begin. Today would be no wars, no blood shed and no open fire on your kind.
Two worlds joined together, just like before.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

5.7K 172 26
(AN: Edited Chapters.) Hi Im June Somers! well this is my story about how ive been bullied, fallen in love, and made new friends. Im being bullied b...
60.7K 824 26
Join me as I take you on a hell bent adventure of rad imagines, fanfiction drama, and comedic breaks (well, what i think is funny) - also Ashton Irwi...
Flames in water Από Unknown ^^

Λυκάνθρωπος

5.1K 159 43
{Calum Hood fanfiction} You were something different, the only one of your kind. Your best friend Michael was a werewolf, he was the only one who k...
134K 2.2K 51
Finding your person at sixteen is not as exciting as it sounds, especially when you lose them at seventeen. For Calum, even six years later, everyon...