Stuck In A Moment

By fandom_lover2005

The third book in the Bad Things Happen series! Other books in the series include Bad Thing Happen and Life a... More

Sophomores!
Babysitting!
Gender Reveal!
Dating app.
Parole!
Answer.
"Ugh, you again."
What happened next.
The hospital...again.
Peggy, what happened?
Jeggy?
Visit.
Released.
Halloween.
Halloween part 2.
"At least the visit is free."
The Trial. *sigh*
WOOOOOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!
The trial. *sigh* continued.
Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving part two.
Lafayette's birthday!
Twists!
LONG LIVE JEGGY!!!!!!
Nursery.
Me got tagged again.
Christmas part 1.
Christmas part 2.
Christmas part 3.
Christmas Part 4.
Christmas part 5.
Christmas part 6.
Christmas part 7.
Forgiveness... can you imagine?
I have an announcement.
The Grand Finale.
Announcement.
The real announcement.
Making up.
Labor.
Explanation
Two!?!?!
Update.
Old rivalry. Still going
Burr ain't happy... is he ever?
Valentine's Day.
Nope.
Bro time.
The Letter
Snow.
Blizzard.
Explaining
Well... he's still here.
After the storm.
I state my regret for an incorrect accusation against yee.
A week after the storm.
The clink. (Hope I spelled that right.)
Cleared
Arts
More Jeggy
Huh?
Uh-Oh
Update.
Decision
Planning
The trap
The police
Jeggy for the win.
Update.

Healing.

123 5 0
By fandom_lover2005

A/N: Just a filler for the child to start healing.

Laurens was out of the hospital, but sadly on crutches for a few days. The rod in his leg was helping with the support, but he still couldn't put full pressure on his right leg until he adjusted to it. Both he and Peggy had admitted their feelings...

... sadly, not to each other. Laurens was still having doubts though. He knew he was with Peggy before and that she hurt him deeply, especially after promising him that she loved him and not Stephen. But she kissed Stephen not long after. He didnt want to go through that all again. Laurens needed time to think, and time to heal. Both physically and mentally. Sadly, school waits for no one to heal, so he had to do it in the evening. But luckily his roommate was a psychology major, so that was lucky. ;)

"Do you love her as much as you did when you first met her?" Alister asked.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't know why either. I just don't." Laurens sighed. "I think I do love her though, and that both relieves me and scares me."

"What happened the day you first met?"

"Alexander and Lafayette took me to see a movie. Alexander had just started going out with Eliza, which is why he invited her and her sisters to come with us." Laurens explained.

"And?"

"Alexander made it so we had to sit next to each other. He and Eliza knew right away that I liked her."

"Did you guys talk alot?"

"She did." Laurens joked. "But I didn't. I didn't really talk much then, everyone thought I was mute."

"Huh. What did you feel in that moment, when you first saw her?" Alister asked.

"Like I was meeting my wife." 

"Do you feel that now?"

"It's hard to tell. I kinda feel that, but whenever I do I just keep remembering what happened almost a year ago."

"Things like that can be hard. Trauma happens to effect people whenever the anniversary of the event comes." Alister began. "Did you feel anything last year like this?"

"No, well... nothing about Peggy anyway."

"What does that mean?"

"Well, it was right after me and Peggy got into a car accident, so I didnt really think about it too much. But it did bring back some things about my biological father." Laurens explained.

"Ooo, now we're getting somewhere!" Alister cheered all giddily. "Sorry."

"It's ok, I imagine you doing this is just as good practice as me doodling."

"Pretty much."

"Well, it's kinda hard to talk about." Laurens sighed. "It's just so... complicated now."

"Why is that?"

"He's out of prison. But in a good way this time. He tried to apologize and it just felt so weird."

"Hmm."

"I mean, how do you forgive someone who has done so much to you? How can an apology come out of a mouth that verbally abused me for years?"

"Interesting, when did all of this happen?" 

"Not too long ago. About a year. Right after he woke up from the coma."

"He was in a coma?"

"Yeah, after I shot him. Ok that sounds bad." Laurens corrected himself. "It was merely self defense because he kidnapped me and tried to kill Alexander."

"Wow! They don't really teach us how to handle situations like this."

"That's ok, no one really does." Laurens sighed. "Can't really find anyone with shared experience either."

"Let me just start with why? Why did this happen?"

"Because my father is crazy. I didn't know until last year that he's actually bipolar. He had his chance for me to be his son, twice actually, but he blew it." Laurens began. "He went to prison for almost beating me to death, then he broke out and abducted me after I was walking home from school a few years ago."

"Dang bro! Were you scared?"

"Terrified, but I was mainly just angry and annoyed that I had to deal with him again. Especially since it was against my will."

"Well... we learned one thing today. I'm gonna make one terrible psychiatrist."

"I wouldn't say horrible, but I mean... you're only one year and a few months in. You still have a lot to learn before we can declare you terrible."

"Thanks."

Funny enough, Angelica happened to be doing the same thing with Peggy as Laurens and Alister spoke.

"Are you sure he doesn't love you back?" Ange asked.

"How could he? I had my chance and I blew it, how could I possibly go back now? Especially after Stephen almost killed him." Peggy ranted.

"Right, but you haven't talked to him since the hospital." Angelica stated.

"I guess I haven't been able to think of anything to say. What else can I say?"

At the hospital Flashback.

"Hey stranger." Peggy walked in.

"Hey Schuyler." Laurens replied.

"Thanks for saving my life." Peggy smiled.

"Well you saved mine first..."

"Stop. You don't have to downplay everything you do. You saved my life and you need to know that."

"Well then you need to know you saved mine."

Peggy rolled her eyes. "Please, just take the compliment."

"Fine, but just this once."

"You ok? I know I probably should've asked that first." Peggy changed the subject.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll probably be on crutches for a week, but I'm like... kinda bionic now, so that's cool." Laurens joked. "You?"

"Not a scratch on me. My father is very grateful." Peggy laughed. "If Stephen killed me, my father would've killed him."

"I don't doubt that, not for a moment." Laurens chuckled.

The rest of Peggy's visit was kinda weird and awkward. They didn't really talk that much and Peggy ended up leaving after Angelica came to pick her up.

End weird hospital visit Flashback.

"You should talk to him." Angelica suggested. "Even if you don't tell him that you love him, you still need to talk to him so you guys don't make things awkward."

"What do you mean?" Peggy questioned.

"Remember how awkward things were when me and Laf broke up? Yeah, it was not fun. But then we talked things out and went back to being friends again."

"Ok. Daddy invited their whole family over for Thanksgiving, so hopefully I can talk then." Peggy said.

"Ok, but then things better be good by Laf's birthday." Angelica stated. "Are you sure you want to wait two weeks though?"

"It's probably for the best, I need time to think of what I should say and how to say it. This isn't exactly easy you know." Peggy protested.

"Ugh, just do it already Peg!" Eliza yelled from down the hall. She walked into Peggy's dorm and took a seat. "I'm 99.999% sure he likes you."

"Oh, well if Eliza thinks so than it must be true." Peggy joked. "But seriously, I messed up and I don't want to confess my love to him because then it looks like he's my rebound."

"She's got a good point." Angelica chewed on the tip of her pen. "That would be bad."

Jane walked in next. "Oh sorry, I can leave."

"Actually, we could use another opinion." Eliza stated. "Peggy's in love."

"Oh yeah, she talks in her sleep." Jane laughed.

"Only on certain nights. For example, whenever I have a nightmare or whenever I have a specific dream." Peggy explained.

"So your sleep talking is triggered by your emotions?" Angelica asked. "Interesting."

"You guys are being a little over dramatic. I mean Ange, you really have to write down every word I say?" Peggy asked.

"Yes, this is good. Progress is key to express you feelings. Especially to another person." Eliza smirked.

"Maybe you should wait though until after Stephen's trial." Jane suggested.

"Of my gosh! I totally forgot that Stephen has a trial next week!" Peggy jumped. "You think they'll call me and Laurens as witnesses?"

"No. While they're at it, they might as well let him out of prison." Angelica deadpanned.

"I could use less sarcasm if that's possible Ange." Peggy rolled her eyes.

"Plus, that's my thing." Jane added.

"They will definitely call you as a witness Peg." Eliza gave her the bold truth. "But hopefully all of this will be over soon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 415 18
Elizabeth Schuyler is happily married to her husband Alexander. She notices changes in his behavior. So, she and her sister go undercover to discover...
676 69 9
MOVED TO (@tay20052005)
173K 6.1K 47
Alexander just moved from the Caribbean to New York to live with his cousin after his mother died. An emotional wreck of a teenager he thinks he won'...
6.5K 230 32
Alexander is the new boy with a dark past. John can't decide who to love. Angelica doesn't want to give her love up. Eliza gets easily manipulated. P...