The Male Hunter | Olympus' Tr...

By DarkShadow327

It has been one year since Gaea was defeated, one peaceful year. However, Camp Half-Blood is changing, and Pe... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Everything is Perfect. Well, it Was
Chapter 2: Run Percy, Run!
Chapter 3: The Great Percy Jackson is Dead
Chapter 4: Periplanómenos
Chapter 5: What is Lost. . .
Chapter 6: . . . Has Been Found
Chapter 7: Awkward Thoughts
Chapter 8: Together Again
Chapter 9: Oaths and Dreams
Chapter 10: Shattered
Chapter 11: A Long Lost Friend Returns
Chapter 12: Guilty Conscience
Chapter 13: Thalia Hits Hard
Chapter 14: Surprise!
Chapter 15: Offers and Escapes
Chapter 16: Heroes' Last Stand
Chapter 17: Alive, but at a Price
Chapter 18: Silver Lining
Chapter 19: Siblings Reunited
Chapter 20: Dramatic Entrances
Chapter 21: Heart to Hearts
Chapter 22: Memories
Chapter 23: Plans
Chapter 24: Annabeth gets Outmaneuvered
Chapter 25: People Have the Worst Timing
Chapter 26: The King
Chapter 27: Everyone Has Secrets
Chapter 28: Here We Go Again
Chapter 29: Fall of the Sun
Chapter 30: Death of a Hero
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: War Games
Chapter 33: Time Alone
Chapter 34: Otherworldly Meetings
Chapter 35: Sanctuary
Chapter 36: What Could Have Been
Chapter 37: The Enemy Strikes
Chapter 38: New Members
Chapter 39: Confrontations with Artemis
Chapter 40: Under New Management
Chapter 41: New Bonds
Chapter 42: Holy Matrimony
Chapter 44: The Battle Begins
Chapter 45: Return of Heroes
Chapter 46: Wisdom's Fall
Chapter 47: Peace at Last
Epilogue
Wisdom's Revenge | Olympus' Traitor #2 - Excerpt
Percy Jackson's Unknown Companions - Excerpt
Update

Chapter 43: Target Acquired

2.8K 47 63
By DarkShadow327

Percy drifted awake. to the sound of movement in the camp and light filtering into the rent. As his brain woke up, he realized that his arm was thrown over the body of someone who was snuggling into him. At first Percy was confused, but then he remembered the events of the night before. He was married to Thalia! Slowly disentangling himself from his wife, Percy moved to the side a bit and gazed at the beautiful woman laying next to him. Her black hair was slightly disheveled and draped over part of her face,the blue streak covering her eye. The look on her face was content, as if she didn't have a care in the world. "Morning," Percy said softly as Thalia's eyes flickered open.

Thalia looked confused for a moment, but then a smile came across her face. "Morning," she replied before leaning over and giving him a peck on the lips.

Unfortunately the moment unfortunately couldn't last as Hannah suddenly burst into the tent. "Hey guys, Lady Artemis wants. . . to. . . see. . . you. . ." she said, trailing off as she saw the position that the couple was in. "Sorry!" she squeaked, face blushing an intense red. "I'll, just, um, go." Hannah then turned and practically ran out of the tent.

After a moment of shocked silence where Percy and Thalia just stared at the place Hannah had been standing, they suddenly burst out laughing. "Did you see her face?" Thalia wheezed through her fits of laughter. Not able to speak, Percy simply nodded.

"We should probably see what my mom wants," Percy said once the two had calmed down.

"Ya, I guess," Thalia said reluctantly, she didn't want to leave the warmth of laying in the cot with Percy.

After enjoying the warmth for a second more, the couple finally arose for the day and quickly got dressed. For the first time in a long while, they didn't put on the full Hunter's uniform. They put on the pants and boots, but Percy slipped on a hoodie while Thalia found her old leather jacket. It was a little tighter now, but it still fit just fine. Exiting their shared tent, and getting some looks as they did so, the newlyweds made their way to Artemis's tent. "Enter," a voice called from inside once they had reached the entrance. Pushing the flap aside, they did just that.

#      #      #

"They went this way," Violet said to the trio behind her as she crouched on the ground, examining some prints that had been left in the mud. The small task force of Hunters - and Nico - had arrived at Justin's abandoned camp the night before, prepared to move out at first light. Gesturing for the others to follow, Violet headed up the trail to find her old camp mates and bring this to an end once and for all.

The trail quickly steepened as it wound its way farther up the mountain range. For hours the group traveled until they stopped some time in the late afternoon. As they were sitting and eating the food that they had brought with them Nico turned to Violet. "Do you think we are catching up?" he asked.

"I think so," Violet said. "There's been a lot of movement on this trail. Not just by the main force, but by smaller groups that I can only assume are patrols as well."

"That's promising," Victoria said. "In my experience patrols represent a form of fear." Nico and Violet looked at her with slightly confused expressions. "In most cases a patrol suggests that whomever is conducting them is trying to protect something," Victoria explained. "Thus, we can conclude that we are likely getting close to the final location of the traitors. Otherwise, why would they try to make sure that nobody can approach unnoticed?"

Nico and Violet just stared at her for a moment before Nico spoke. "Huh, I never thought about it like that," he said.

"Boys," Tracey muttered under her breath with an eyeroll.

"Well," Violet said as she stood up. "If that's the case then we should get moving, don't want to stay in one spot too long."

"Agreed," Victoria said, also standing up. "Lead the way, sister."

#      #      #

Upon entering the tent Percy and Thalia could see Artemis sitting on the floor in her usual spot. Knowing the drill, the couple quickly made their way over to her. "Good morning," Artemis said once they had sat down. "I trust that you slept well." Her words were innocent, but the eyes betrayed a much deeper meaning behind that sentence.

"Well enough," Thalia curtly replied, well aware of the slight blush upon both her and her husband's cheeks.

"What did you want to see us for, mom?" Percy asked in an attempt to change the subject.

"What?" Artemis exclaimed in mock offense. "I can't just say 'hello' to my favorite son and favorite daughter-in-law?" Percy just gave her a pointed look. "Fine," she grumbled. "I sent Hannah so that the two of you would actually get out of bed today, we move out in an hour." Artemis's voice then softened. "And, I was worried. I was afraid that you might have snuck off again and gotten hurt."

"Well, no need, we're still here!" Percy said in an attempt to lighten the mood.

As Artemis had been speaking her eyes had drifted to Thalia, who she was now staring at intensely. After a moment she finally spoke. "Hmm, interesting," was all Artemis said.

"Wait, what?" Thalia questioned. "What do you mean, 'interesting'?"

"It's. . . not important at the moment," Artemis replied. "Now, I believe that the two of you should get packed up, we have a long trip ahead of us."

Confused about what was going on with Artemis the two demigods did as she asked. "What was that all about?" Percy wondered aloud as they were walking back to their tent.

"Beats me," Thalia responded.

#      #      #

It was later in the evening now, and the sun was just beginning to graze the horizon. The small group consisting of three Hunters and one Child of the Underworld had left the trail a short time before, and was currently scaling a ridge just to the west of it. After a few minutes they reached the top and were greeted by a breathtaking sight. They stood on a small cliff that overlooked a small valley that lay nestled in the mountains. All around it peaks rose into the sky, but the beauty of the area wasn't what took the group's breath away. No, it was what lay inside the valley itself. In the center rose a small hill, and upon that hill squatted a Roman fort. Except, this one didn't seem as friendly as the one that the Hunters had seen at Camp Jupiter, this one seemed to have a dark and menacing air around it. Of course, all the monsters milling around it probably didn't help. To make it even more terrifying, if that was even possible, the fort was manned by small figures that glinted bronze in the setting sun. Demigods.

"Found them," Violet said meekly.

"We need to inform Lady Artemis, immediately," Victoria declared.

#      #      #

The large group consisting of Romans and Hunters had stopped for the night and had just finished setting up camp. The Romans had insisted that they build their fort, but Artemis was able to talk them out of it by emphasizing that speed was their greatest ally at the moment. Of course, it probably also helped that they didn't dare disobey a goddess. Currently, as per Artemis's urgent request, Percy and Thalia were rushing towards her tent. Upon reaching it they found Frank, Hazel, and Atalanta. "What's going on?" Percy asked.

"No idea," Frank replied. "We just got here."

"We don't have time for this!" Atalanta exclaimed. "M'Lady made it sound like this was extremely important.

"Indeed it is," Artemis said from the entrance to her tent. "Now come in, we have much to discuss."

"Mom, what's going on?" Percy questioned as he followed Artemis inside. "Did they find it, did they find where Annabeth has been hiding?"

"Yes, they did," Artemis replied as she unrolled a map on a table that she had placed in the center of her tent. The tone of her voice made it clear that those present should not interrupt her at this time. "Now, Victoria reported in from here," Artemis said as she pointed to a location on the map that was closer to the northern end of the Appalachian Mountains. "We weren't able to talk for long because the sun was setting and she was losing light, but it was enough that we could start planning our assault." Artemis then pulled out a large sheet of graph paper and placed it over the map. With a pencil she started sketching as she explained the situation. "Their initial scouting report states that there is a valley with a small hill in the center. The fort that Annabeth resides in is on said hill. Initial observations also suggest that the trail that enters from the northeast is the only way in or out, making it crucial for us to arrive before it can be sufficiently fortified."

"Just like my dream," Thalia murmured.

"What dream, what did you see?" Artemis demanded, in full wartime general mode now.

Taking a deep breath, Thalia began explaining what she had seen. She told how the Romans and Hunters combined marched towards the fort, but were assaulted by the defenders sallying forth before they could even reach the hill. She told of how the battle seemed to be going good at first, but then turned sour once the black mist that had been gathering above the fort rushed down the hill and began felling allies left and right. Lastly, with tears in her eyes, Thalia told how there were no survivors. It had been a complete and total massacre.

"It was just a dream," Percy reassured before his eyes grew fierce. "It won't happen, I won't let it."

"Regardless, I can no longer help you," Artemis said.

"What, why?" Percy asked.

"I cannot directly interfere because of the infernal Ancient Laws," Artemis explained. "I'm afraid that once the location was discovered this became a matter purely for you demigods to solve." Those present looked distraught at this news. They would be alone, no reinforcements or godly interventions would be helping this time. "However, before I take my leave, may I talk to you a moment, Thalia?"

"Sure," Thalia replied. Realising that the two wanted privacy, Percy, Frank, Hazel, and Atalanta walked out of the tent.

"What is it that you wished to talk to me about, M'Lady?" Thalia asked once everyone was outside.

"Well, first off, call me 'mom', no more of this formal business," Artemis requested. "You are married to my son, and I believe that brought about a change in our relationship. As for what I really wish to speak to you about, that is a matter of a more sensitive and personal nature."

#      #      #

"So, how's married life?" Atalanta teased Percy once they were standing outside the tent.

"It's great," Percy replied. "I love Thalia and she loves me, I couldn't be happier."

"Well, I'm happy for you!" Hazel butted in. "You deserve all the happiness in the world after all that has happened to you."

Percy started blushing at this. "Everyone does too," he said softly. "The last decade has been crazy. Everyone deserves a break, not just me. I just did what everyone else did, survived."

"Don't sell yourself short, man," Frank said. "You did so much more than that."

"I just did what anyone else would have done," Percy argued. He then went to say more, but was cut off by Thalia exiting the tent looking both terrified and overjoyed at the same time. This immediately had Percy concerned. "Thals, what's wrong?" he asked as he rushed over to her.

"Oh, nothing," Thalia replied as if Percy had shaken her from deep thoughts. "It's not important right now. Right now, we need to worry about how we are going to defeat Annabeth."

A/N: I don't have much to say tonight besides a reassurance. The story will be done before Oct. 28, I promise you that. I hope to finish this weekend, but I can only write so fast while also keeping the story of a good quality. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter even if it was more of a filler one!

Have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 8.8K 33
The war is over; Percy Jackson hopes to breathe a sigh of relief and have his happily ever after with Annabeth Chase. In comes Gwen - a daughter of...
836K 15.1K 41
Percy's life is great, until one of his best friends betrays him.He decides to leave camp with his true friends and meets Chaos. What happens when th...
33.8K 684 21
TAKES PLACE AFTER THE BURNING MAZE but before The Tower of Nero and The Tyrants Tomb (I wrote this ages ago lmao) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~• ~~~~~~~~...
34.9K 741 16
Ever since Percy went on the quest with Frank and Hazel, he has been hearing her whispering in his mind. Gaea keeps haunting him in his dreams. Tell...