No Strings Attached

By NaLu911

Bakugo had been struggling with his anger and Midoriya had been struggling greatly with his depression for as... More

Depression
No Strings Attached
Therapy
A Day Out
The Red Brick Diner
A Dark Day
Coming around
Bakugo's Submission
Kye's Plan
The Musical Car Ride
PDA
The Music Book
UAE
Midoriya's Birthday
Summer Break
The Adventure
Feel the Same Way
Midoriya's Truth
Piercings and Blessings
The Love Song
Preperations
Dad?
The Performance
Epilogue
Sequel

Meeting Toshinori

4.4K 206 85
By NaLu911

"Izuku!" Inko yelled after she had opened the door to see her son and his child hood friend standing there. "Happy Birthday baby!" She cheered as she pulled him into a big hug. "I thought you weren't coming until tomorrow." She said as he wrapped his arms around her in return.

"We decided to skip the last tour and come home." He replied as he squeezed her.

"Come inside, both of you." She said as she stepped back, allowing room for both of them to enter.

"I just came to drop him off, so I really should be going." Bakugo said awkwardly as he backed away slowly.

"Nonsense! I haven't seen you in years! You get your butt in here too!" She scolded as Midoriya walked through the door. Bakugo looked to the freckled man, waiting for approval. When Midoriya gave him a reassuring smile, he stepped into the house he hadn't been in in several years.

"How were the tours?" She asked kindly as she began preparing tea.

"They were great mom." Midoriya replied with a sad tone. He wasn't quite ready to talk about the schools yet. "What are you so dressed up for?" He questioned when he noticed his moms nice outfit and sleek, shiny hair.

"Oh, Toshi and I were going out to dinner tonight since you weren't coming till tomorrow. I can just reschedule with him though." She reassured as she set a cup in front of each boy.

"You don't have to cancel because of me.." His voice trailed off sadly. Maybe he should have called her after all.

"It's perfectly fine sweetheart!" She replied happily. "We can go out anytime." She said as she pulled out her phone to call her boyfriend.

"Mom, just go out tonight." He said with a fake smile before glancing to the blonde sitting next to him. Bakugo gave him a confused look. He didn't know there was a person in Inko's life and he didn't understand why Midoriya looked so sad about it. The blonde flashed a gentle smile towards his crush.

"Actually, I have an idea." Midoriya said aloud with his new found confidence that he had gotten from just looking at the blonde next to him.

"What's up baby?" She questioned as she looked up from her phone.

"How about we all go out tonight?" He mumbled nervously. Inko's eyes widened in shock as her phone began slipping from her hand. Did her son really just say that?

"W-what?" She choked out as she looked towards her son.

"Yeah.. I mean you guys have been together for over three years and I still haven't met him." Midoriya replied with a nervous chuckle as his fingers found their way to the hem of his shirt.

"You want to meet Toshi?" She questioned as happy tears started forming in her eyes. She began to question what had happened in Midoriya's life recently that gave him a push like this. He was hanging out with friends, talking about college and he just asked to finally meet her boyfriend.

"Yeah.. It's about time, don't you think?" He questioned as his anxiety sky rocketed.

"I'll give him a call!" She yelled cheerfully as her eyes drifted to the blonde sitting next to her son.

"Katsuki, please feel free to join us!" She said with a smile. She knew Midoriya was still going to struggle with meeting her boyfriend and she thought it would help to have someone else there. Besides, the way Bakugo smiled at her son put some ideas in her head. She instantly began wondering if he was the reason for her sons sudden change in attitude.

"I wouldn't want to intrude." Bakugo replied with a fake smile. Truth is, he did want to go. He didn't really care for meeting Inko's boyfriend, but he wanted to be there for Midoriya. He knew he was going to be needing some help tonight.

"Please.." Midoriya practically begged as he grabbed the blondes hand under the table. Bakugo jumped slightly as he felt Midoriya's smooth hand glide into his own. Butterflies formed in his stomach as he opened his mouth to say something. When he realized he wouldn't produce anything other than word vomit, he closed his mouth and gave a simple nod. Inko smiled brightly before walking towards the other room.

"I'll give him a call." She said with a smile before disappearing from their vision.

"You sure you want me to go?" Bakugo asked when his nerves had calmed down. "It seems like a personal thing, I really wouldn't want to intrude."

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." Midoriya whispered sadly. "But I would really appreciate it if you did." He told the blonde as his sad green eyes pierced into his beautiful ruby eyes.

"I want to, just wanted to make sure it was really okay." Bakugo said with a soft smile as Inko entered the room again.

"What do you want to eat birthday boy?" She questioned cheerfully while holding the phone to her ear.

"Any place that has Katsudon." He replied with a simple shrug as he squeezed the blondes hand.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

"So young Midoriya, I heard you went on some campus tours this weekend." Toshinori stated as he continued digging into his food. The green haired man was currently sitting next Bakugo while Toshinori sat opposite and his mother sat caddy corner of him.

"Yeah, it was pretty fun." He replied with a small smile. He was expecting this to be the most awkward dinner of his life. Suprisingly, he found himself enjoying getting to know his mothers boyfriend.

"I don't remember telling you that." Inko said in confusion as she looked to the man next to him.

"That's because you didn't." He replied with a small chuckle.

"Then how did you know?" Bakugo questioned in confusion.

"I teach at UAE." Toshinori informed with a small smile. Bakugo and Midoriya's eyes widened upon hearing those words. "I actually live by campus, so I only get to make it here on the weekends."

"What do you teach there?" Midoriya questioned. He felt like it might be awkward to have his mothers boyfriend as a teacher.

"Digital and Animation Art." He replied with a warm smile. "Have you ever tried digital art?" He asked as he took another bite of his soba.

"N-no.. but I have been interested by it lately. Kaachan actually got me an Ipad Pro today." Midoriya informed as he took a sip of his water.

"Did you now?" Inko questioned with a shocked expression. That was quite a pricey gift for your childhood best friend.

"He's pretty damn good at technical drawing though." Bakugo added with a proud smirk. Inko couldn't help but notice the familiarity between the two. She smiled as she saw how well Bakugo treated her son.

"So I've heard." Toshinori replied with a small laugh. "I've also heard you two are great at composing and performing. Hina has some high expectations for the both of you."

"So she's the one that told you about us?" Midoriya assumed.

"Correct. She also told me about a powerful duet you two performed." He said with a small smile as he glanced between the two. "She actually said she wants a recording of it when you guys get it done."

"W-why?" Midoriya questioned in shock. She couldn't have been that impressed by it, could she?

"She wants to know how it sounds when guys actually rehearse and edit it a bit. She was really impressed by the two of you."

"She was?" Midoriya questioned with a wide smile. She sounded like she liked them, but to say she was really impressed.

"Yes she was." Toshinori replied simply.

"You should perform it for us sometime!" Inko exclaimed. She has heard plenty of her sons songs before, but she had no clue he was even interested in duets.

"When we get it recorded, we will definitely give it to you." Midoriya replied to his mother.

"Maybe you guys should perform it again during your auditions for UAE." Toshinori suggested with a grin as their waitress stopped by their table.

"Can I get you guys anything else?" She asked politely.

"Just the check please." Toshinori responded with a kind smile.

"One check?" She questioned.

"Yes." He replied, sending her on her way.

"Let me pay for ours." Inko offered as she grabbed her purse.

"No." Her boyfriend replied as he gently pushed her hands away from grabbing any money.

"At least let me pay for Katsuki's." She pleaded.

"Nope. This is a birthday treat." He said simply as he flashed a smile to the freckled man. It was easy as day to tell he was trying to win the approval of her one and only son, and it was truly working.

"Thank you." Midoriay said with a soft smile.

"No problem, happy birthday." Toshinori said as the waitress came back to the table with the check. After it was paid, they quickly left the restaurant.

"Are you going back to the dorms tonight?" Inko asked her son as they stepped into the warm summer night.

"Yeah, that's why Kaachan drove us here." Midoriya replied with a smile as Toshinori led them to his car.

"Which means, you're stuck with me." Toshinori said with a teasing smirk as he pulled Inko's hand to his lips.

"It was truly nice to meet you both." Toshinori said with a bow. "I hope we can do this again soon."

"Yeah, same here." Midoriya replied with a wide smile as he watched the two get into the car. He felt relieved knowing that there was someone who truly cared about his mom, like she deserved.

"Ready to go home nerd?" Bakugo asked as he set a gentle hand on Midoriya's back.

"Yeah, I'm tired." Midoriya replied with a yawn.

"He's not that bad." Bakugo commented as they made their way to the car.

"No he's not. He seems great and he makes her happy. After everything she has been through, she deserves peace and love."

"She's not the only one.." Bakugo mumbled to himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 12.4K 74
Bakugo and Midoriya had one complicated relationship. It was filled with secrets, secrets and more secrets. Will they finally get passed the childhoo...
19.2K 269 18
There are three months left of their first year at UA high which has everyone's stomachs in knots; Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya have gotten clos...
1.8M 52.4K 81
"Don't... Don't do that again you dumbass... " "I love you too Katsuki " Child hood friends that were seperated for 10 years of their life. But ones...
2.3K 119 21
It's been two years since Japan lost their most beloved hero. More importantly, it's been two years since you lost your personal hero and husband. Cu...